1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Allotments Discussion

Got and Allotment? Or Want an Allotment? All Discussion here for what you can do and how to get one.

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. chitting kaz

green manure ?

It can take a lot of effort to get a new plot up and running. I took over a large plot about sixteen months ago, using the best cultivated third of it for vegetables that year, preparing another...
    It can take a lot of effort to get a new plot up and running. I took over a large plot about sixteen months ago, using the best cultivated third of it for vegetables that year, preparing another third for fruit and the final (and most overgrown) third for vegetables this year. Next year should...
    It can take a lot of effort to get a new plot up and running. I took over a large plot about sixteen months ago, using the best cultivated third of it for vegetables that year, preparing another third for fruit and the final (and most overgrown)...
    It can take a lot of effort to get a new plot up and running. I took over a large plot about sixteen months ago, using the best cultivated third of it for vegetables that year, preparing another...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Steve R

Paying plot rent

One of our local allotments (quite a large site) have an annual wine and cake evening in one of the polytunnels. The clerk comes to it and collects the rent. It also gives a chance for the...
    One of our local allotments (quite a large site) have an annual wine and cake evening in one of the polytunnels. The clerk comes to it and collects the rent. It also gives a chance for the tenants to chat to him about any problems or ideas. Anyone who can't attend gives their cheque or cash...
    One of our local allotments (quite a large site) have an annual wine and cake evening in one of the polytunnels. The clerk comes to it and collects the rent. It also gives a chance for the tenants to chat to him about any problems or ideas. ...
    One of our local allotments (quite a large site) have an annual wine and cake evening in one of the polytunnels. The clerk comes to it and collects the rent. It also gives a chance for the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. chitting kaz
    Like x 6

officially MY PLOT

Or both.lol
    Or both.lol
    Or both.lol
    Or both.lol
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. ms.mapgirl

Edging veg beds...

@chitting kazHi Kaz, no use debating, :) just get out there and do something about it. :thumbsup: It may turn out to be the wrong thing but you can always change it. :grphg:"I didn't get to where I am today..." :lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    @chitting kazHi Kaz, no use debating, :) just get out there and do something about it. :thumbsup: It may turn out to be the wrong thing but you can always change it. :grphg:"I didn't get to where I am today..." :lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. zappamusic2010

Bindweed - Mexican Marigolds ...

The problem with using Tagetes minuta is that you're replacing one weed with another possible problem - and giving yourself extra work that you obviously don't have time for. That's apart from...
    The problem with using Tagetes minuta is that you're replacing one weed with another possible problem - and giving yourself extra work that you obviously don't have time for. That's apart from the rather unpleasant smell of the plant!I've used the 'pulling method' for the last 40 years as we...
    The problem with using Tagetes minuta is that you're replacing one weed with another possible problem - and giving yourself extra work that you obviously don't have time for. That's apart from the rather unpleasant smell of the plant!I've used...
    The problem with using Tagetes minuta is that you're replacing one weed with another possible problem - and giving yourself extra work that you obviously don't have time for. That's apart from...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. stephenprudence
    Like x 4

My allotment

Thanks Zigs I love it down on the plot it's awesome :-)Leeski I'm on Thingwall Community Allotments near you aka Warrens Medical Centre area so it's worth coming and have a look at the site....
    Thanks Zigs I love it down on the plot it's awesome :-)Leeski I'm on Thingwall Community Allotments near you aka Warrens Medical Centre area so it's worth coming and have a look at the site. I'll pm you some contact details for the site if you want to see if they have any plots left.
    Thanks Zigs I love it down on the plot it's awesome :-)Leeski I'm on Thingwall Community Allotments near you aka Warrens Medical Centre area so it's worth coming and have a look at the site. I'll pm you some contact details for the site if you...
    Thanks Zigs I love it down on the plot it's awesome :-)Leeski I'm on Thingwall Community Allotments near you aka Warrens Medical Centre area so it's worth coming and have a look at the site....
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Steve R

Do you use a battery operated strimmer?

I had a small battery operated strimmer for tickling round my shed regularly, but always used a petrol strimmer for the rest of the plot. I hated the petrol stimmer with a passion - heavy,...
    I had a small battery operated strimmer for tickling round my shed regularly, but always used a petrol strimmer for the rest of the plot. I hated the petrol stimmer with a passion - heavy, smelly, hot, temperamental, exhausting - and consequently would put off doing the job until things started...
    I had a small battery operated strimmer for tickling round my shed regularly, but always used a petrol strimmer for the rest of the plot. I hated the petrol stimmer with a passion - heavy, smelly, hot, temperamental, exhausting - and...
    I had a small battery operated strimmer for tickling round my shed regularly, but always used a petrol strimmer for the rest of the plot. I hated the petrol stimmer with a passion - heavy,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Webmaster
    Like x 13

A lot of work to do.......

Magic, thanks!
    Magic, thanks!
    Magic, thanks!
    Magic, thanks!
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. enchanté jardinier

Split Rail Fencing - Split rail fence building steps

Could you post it here? I would much rather view it here as part of the Gardeners corner experience rather than navigate away from GC..Steve...:)
    Could you post it here? I would much rather view it here as part of the Gardeners corner experience rather than navigate away from GC..Steve...:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. IceColdRum
    Like x 10

[Pic Heavy] Just been offered an Allotment :)

Sweetcorn is coming along nicely as are the sunflowers I sowed.
    2016-01-11 12.56.37.jpg 2016-01-11 12.52.04.jpg fruitbushes_img1.jpg fruitbushes_img2.jpg fruitbushes_img3.jpg plant1.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. MrsTea
    Like x 11

Mrs Tea's Allotment

Short update on the garden :)Three cucumber plants are growing happily, and have a new neighbour: sweet peas.My tomatoes are doing really well, so do most of the kohlrabi plants. The brussel...
    Short update on the garden :)Three cucumber plants are growing happily, and have a new neighbour: sweet peas.My tomatoes are doing really well, so do most of the kohlrabi plants. The brussel sprouts love their new home and grow very well, too!My husband's chilis love their greenhouse...
    Short update on the garden :)Three cucumber plants are growing happily, and have a new neighbour: sweet peas.My tomatoes are doing really well, so do most of the kohlrabi plants. The brussel sprouts love their new home and grow very well,...
    Short update on the garden :)Three cucumber plants are growing happily, and have a new neighbour: sweet peas.My tomatoes are doing really well, so do most of the kohlrabi plants. The brussel...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. IceColdRum

Would you say this is organic?

Can't see the caterpillars complaining even if it's not organic:yahoo:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. The Early Bushman

Advise on materials for raised veg bed

Yes, I will get some pics up of my garden at the minute and some of after aswell. We have just moved in and the place is infested with weeds. The house has been empty for a while as the previous...
    Yes, I will get some pics up of my garden at the minute and some of after aswell. We have just moved in and the place is infested with weeds. The house has been empty for a while as the previous occupant passed away some years ago so the garden has been reclaimed by nature which i don't mind...
    Yes, I will get some pics up of my garden at the minute and some of after aswell. We have just moved in and the place is infested with weeds. The house has been empty for a while as the previous occupant passed away some years ago so the garden...
    Yes, I will get some pics up of my garden at the minute and some of after aswell. We have just moved in and the place is infested with weeds. The house has been empty for a while as the previous...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Amy Kakoura

Seed case sticking to seedling

Thanks, I'll give that a go! XSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. JWK

Weed membrane recommendations

Got another 100m2 delivered today 35p/m2 fromBought 2 big rolls of heavy duty wire at car boots last year, about £7 for a total of 500m, enough for pegging down about 1,000m2.
    Got another 100m2 delivered today 35p/m2 fromBought 2 big rolls of heavy duty wire at car boots last year, about £7 for a total of 500m, enough for pegging down about 1,000m2.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Cannyfullpots

Scrawled out new plan...

I would keep the shed, My previous lotty was a starter plot, with just a long chest, heavy wood, locked and all tools fitted However I could not get in when it rained, I just had to down tools and...
    I would keep the shed, My previous lotty was a starter plot, with just a long chest, heavy wood, locked and all tools fitted However I could not get in when it rained, I just had to down tools and run home.You could of course sit in your poly tunnel or green house, but there is Nowt like a...
    I would keep the shed, My previous lotty was a starter plot, with just a long chest, heavy wood, locked and all tools fitted However I could not get in when it rained, I just had to down tools and run home.You could of course sit in your poly...
    I would keep the shed, My previous lotty was a starter plot, with just a long chest, heavy wood, locked and all tools fitted However I could not get in when it rained, I just had to down tools and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. JackJJW
    Like x 6

My allotment! :)

Sorry for the late reply, I missed these.Thanks everyone. I thought the soil looked good too so it's good to have a more experienced eye on it! The plot was looked after by an experienced...
    Sorry for the late reply, I missed these.Thanks everyone. I thought the soil looked good too so it's good to have a more experienced eye on it! The plot was looked after by an experienced gardener for years and there are a number of compost bins, so I'm guessing this soil has been worked very...
    Sorry for the late reply, I missed these.Thanks everyone. I thought the soil looked good too so it's good to have a more experienced eye on it! The plot was looked after by an experienced gardener for years and there are a number of compost...
    Sorry for the late reply, I missed these.Thanks everyone. I thought the soil looked good too so it's good to have a more experienced eye on it! The plot was looked after by an experienced...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Amy Kakoura

The Dream Plan

Amy, is there any way you could change the font or make the text larger? It would be easier to read.
    Amy, is there any way you could change the font or make the text larger? It would be easier to read.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Dan The Man
    Like x 3

Dropped lucky got a plot

Thanks fern. I'm just lucky the weather has been so mild the last 2 months. All be it a little colder the last fortnight
    Thanks fern. I'm just lucky the weather has been so mild the last 2 months. All be it a little colder the last fortnight
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Amy Kakoura

Willow Wanted

Hi There!I wondered if anybody in or near the midlands might have any willow branches they might be able to spare? I'm looking to weave them into borders for the veg/flower beds.Gratitude and...
    Hi There!I wondered if anybody in or near the midlands might have any willow branches they might be able to spare? I'm looking to weave them into borders for the veg/flower beds.Gratitude and cake for anyone who can!Amy xxx
    Hi There!I wondered if anybody in or near the midlands might have any willow branches they might be able to spare? I'm looking to weave them into borders for the veg/flower beds.Gratitude and cake for anyone who can!Amy xxx
    Hi There!I wondered if anybody in or near the midlands might have any willow branches they might be able to spare? I'm looking to weave them into borders for the veg/flower beds.Gratitude and...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice