Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. longk
    Like x 12

Share your Echeveria photos and chat here

I made the usual mistake of sowing aeoinium seeds in spring, they have stood still all summer.
    I made the usual mistake of sowing aeoinium seeds in spring, they have stood still all summer.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3.   » Normal Threads
  4. Snorky85

Succulents....cultivation

Well not quite the next day but here are pics of seed grown echiveria sown 10 months earlier. Half size seed traysEdit : He lied. Top ones are full sized seed trays
    Well not quite the next day but here are pics of seed grown echiveria sown 10 months earlier. Half size seed traysEdit : He lied. Top ones are full sized seed trays
    EF5D4606-10DA-472C-A175-1A31DAF73E6B.jpeg 76178FCD-2FB9-4440-BA26-F074EA176186.jpeg 71A93481-70FF-452F-8DB3-AF02A3DF0AF7.jpeg E044462B-811A-4A79-AB13-E5B50269AD2B.jpeg 971E3D15-5369-402C-B0EC-B2641E9AB079.jpeg B3699C17-1A18-4805-92A6-175DCE985A8D.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Snorky85

What’s going on with this?

Oh that's good to know. Thank you both v much. I'll put some on perlite or grit and bring it inside and spray then. :biggrin:
    Oh that's good to know. Thank you both v much. I'll put some on perlite or grit and bring it inside and spray then. :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. strhythm

Cactus Rot?

Google. cactus rot caused by washing up liquid. Lots of info.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Gardencactus

Can you identify this cactus for me?

I wouldn't even like to try and guess on that one, it looks pretty young and cacti alter a fair amount as they mature.
    I wouldn't even like to try and guess on that one, it looks pretty young and cacti alter a fair amount as they mature.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. strhythm

are these lines normal?

It certainly does look like leaf miner I think... There is no real control for them at this time of year.. I would remove the worst affected leaves and then you could try a spray of Neem oil to...
    It certainly does look like leaf miner I think... There is no real control for them at this time of year.. I would remove the worst affected leaves and then you could try a spray of Neem oil to catch the adults before they lay eggs.. Since the damage is mostly cosmetic, the remedy is to...
    It certainly does look like leaf miner I think... There is no real control for them at this time of year.. I would remove the worst affected leaves and then you could try a spray of Neem oil to catch the adults before they lay eggs.. Since the...
    It certainly does look like leaf miner I think... There is no real control for them at this time of year.. I would remove the worst affected leaves and then you could try a spray of Neem oil to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Michael Hewett

Identification

Thank you both … with your help I have now been able to identify the plants. First one is Aloe striata Second one is a Kalanchoe hybrid called 'Elk Antlers'
    Thank you both … with your help I have now been able to identify the plants. First one is Aloe striata Second one is a Kalanchoe hybrid called 'Elk Antlers'
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. kindredspirit
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. BigC

Needs Must!

With the recent spate of inclement weather patterns, I've had to resort to purchasing a small plastic greenhouse affair to keep the rain off my Sempervivum collection. It seems a better option...
    With the recent spate of inclement weather patterns, I've had to resort to purchasing a small plastic greenhouse affair to keep the rain off my Sempervivum collection. It seems a better option for me leaving the door completely open to let the flow of air around the plants.
    With the recent spate of inclement weather patterns, I've had to resort to purchasing a small plastic greenhouse affair to keep the rain off my Sempervivum collection. It seems a better option for me leaving the door completely open to let the...
    With the recent spate of inclement weather patterns, I've had to resort to purchasing a small plastic greenhouse affair to keep the rain off my Sempervivum collection. It seems a better option...
    Semp grid.jpg standmk2.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. strongylodon
    Like x 3

Cactus garden!

On-line Guide to the positive identification of Members of the Cactus FamilySome interesting stuff on here ; click on some of the habitat shots !
    On-line Guide to the positive identification of Members of the Cactus FamilySome interesting stuff on here ; click on some of the habitat shots !
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Loki

Cactus care

Thank you @LokiHere's my search of the sealant topic which has some more pics. The clay is just air dry clay, Hobbycraft and Amazon have it.First I tried to make tall, slim pots by shaping...
    Thank you @LokiHere's my search of the sealant topic which has some more pics. The clay is just air dry clay, Hobbycraft and Amazon have it.First I tried to make tall, slim pots by shaping the clay over glasses, but they were too thin and cracked. Thick, bun like shapes turned out to be...
    Thank you @LokiHere's my search of the sealant topic which has some more pics. The clay is just air dry clay, Hobbycraft and Amazon have it.First I tried to make tall, slim pots by shaping the clay over glasses, but they were too thin and...
    Thank you @LokiHere's my search of the sealant topic which has some more pics. The clay is just air dry clay, Hobbycraft and Amazon have it.First I tried to make tall, slim pots by shaping...
    IMG_1018.JPG IMG_1047.JPG Lokiscacti.JPG thesmallone.JPG degu.JPG potinmaking.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Michael Hewett
    Like x 3

Rhipsalis baccifera

Used to help run a cactus nursery in the 80's ; seldom if ever came across Rhipsalis ! The white fruits are interesting ; have you ever tried raising plants from seed ? Yours looks very healthy !
    Used to help run a cactus nursery in the 80's ; seldom if ever came across Rhipsalis ! The white fruits are interesting ; have you ever tried raising plants from seed ? Yours looks very healthy !
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. ricky101

Living Stones/Linthops / Succulents

They need to rest after only their first growing season. No water and cool temps all winter, some species need watering earlier than others, often just a light spray at first to get them going is...
    They need to rest after only their first growing season. No water and cool temps all winter, some species need watering earlier than others, often just a light spray at first to get them going is best. Some of these actually survive in the wild on fog, with practically no rain.
    They need to rest after only their first growing season. No water and cool temps all winter, some species need watering earlier than others, often just a light spray at first to get them going is best. Some of these actually survive in the wild...
    They need to rest after only their first growing season. No water and cool temps all winter, some species need watering earlier than others, often just a light spray at first to get them going is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. andrews
    Like x 12

Early Christmas Present

Had to get my conversion app on then to work out the temperature. Crazy as I grew up with farenheit but the new world fascists beat me down and now its all C for me. My polytunnel has heaters in...
    Had to get my conversion app on then to work out the temperature. Crazy as I grew up with farenheit but the new world fascists beat me down and now its all C for me. My polytunnel has heaters in but is heated to 40 max. Due to the moisture in there, despite fans, I don't think it would be the...
    Had to get my conversion app on then to work out the temperature. Crazy as I grew up with farenheit but the new world fascists beat me down and now its all C for me. My polytunnel has heaters in but is heated to 40 max. Due to the moisture in...
    Had to get my conversion app on then to work out the temperature. Crazy as I grew up with farenheit but the new world fascists beat me down and now its all C for me. My polytunnel has heaters in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Loki
    Like x 4

Thanks for the advice

Rebutia, should really flower in spring. But nice to see some colour this time of the year.
    Rebutia, should really flower in spring. But nice to see some colour this time of the year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. andrews

British Cactus & Succulent Society

It is true (the deep pocket bit anyway). Having the ability to peel an orange in my pocket is truly a gift.
    It is true (the deep pocket bit anyway). Having the ability to peel an orange in my pocket is truly a gift.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Phil A
    Like x 15

Cactus update

On-line Guide to the positive identification of Members of the Cactus FamilyThis can be interesting also !
    On-line Guide to the positive identification of Members of the Cactus FamilyThis can be interesting also !
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Amy_aloevera

What am I doing wrong?

Pete Last year I took a three-foot top cutting from a very large and unwieldy Pilosocereus azureus ; left it to callous for five-months , whereupon adventitious roots were developing . Potted up...
    Pete Last year I took a three-foot top cutting from a very large and unwieldy Pilosocereus azureus ; left it to callous for five-months , whereupon adventitious roots were developing . Potted up and is now growing as normal . The resilience of plants is amazing .
    Pete Last year I took a three-foot top cutting from a very large and unwieldy Pilosocereus azureus ; left it to callous for five-months , whereupon adventitious roots were developing . Potted up and is now growing as normal . The resilience of...
    Pete Last year I took a three-foot top cutting from a very large and unwieldy Pilosocereus azureus ; left it to callous for five-months , whereupon adventitious roots were developing . Potted up...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Michael Hewett

:(

Thank you both … @pete and @WeeTam I haven't seen mealy bugs on it until now but maybe they were hiding in between the shoots. I have pulled the offshoots apart and hope to plant them soon. I...
    Thank you both … @pete and @WeeTam I haven't seen mealy bugs on it until now but maybe they were hiding in between the shoots. I have pulled the offshoots apart and hope to plant them soon. I don't think they'll root yet but hopefully they'll last the winter in my conservatory and root in the...
    Thank you both … @pete and @WeeTam I haven't seen mealy bugs on it until now but maybe they were hiding in between the shoots. I have pulled the offshoots apart and hope to plant them soon. I don't think they'll root yet but hopefully they'll...
    Thank you both … @pete and @WeeTam I haven't seen mealy bugs on it until now but maybe they were hiding in between the shoots. I have pulled the offshoots apart and hope to plant them soon. I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Michael Hewett
    Like x 7

Rhipsalis epiphytic cacti from Brazil

@longk I think that is possible. They grow in tropical forests around Rio de Janeiro so are not used as much heat and dry air as desert cacti.
    @longk I think that is possible. They grow in tropical forests around Rio de Janeiro so are not used as much heat and dry air as desert cacti.
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. strongylodon

Agave pups

Usually if you knock out the rootball you can just pull back the pup and the long stolon that it has grown on just comes away up to the main plant, where you can cut it off. Often this doesn't...
    Usually if you knock out the rootball you can just pull back the pup and the long stolon that it has grown on just comes away up to the main plant, where you can cut it off. Often this doesn't really disturb the main rootball very much.
    Usually if you knock out the rootball you can just pull back the pup and the long stolon that it has grown on just comes away up to the main plant, where you can cut it off. Often this doesn't really disturb the main rootball very much.
    Usually if you knock out the rootball you can just pull back the pup and the long stolon that it has grown on just comes away up to the main plant, where you can cut it off. Often this doesn't...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice