Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. longk
    Like x 12

Share your Echeveria photos and chat here

I made the usual mistake of sowing aeoinium seeds in spring, they have stood still all summer.
    I made the usual mistake of sowing aeoinium seeds in spring, they have stood still all summer.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3.   » Normal Threads
  4. Michael Hewett
    Like x 3

Astrophytum myriostigma

Astrophytum myriostigma, flowering in October - it's never done that before, and it has had several flowers through the summer.
    Astrophytum myriostigma, flowering in October - it's never done that before, and it has had several flowers through the summer.
    DSCF4237.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. kindredspirit
    Like x 5

Some cactus, which grow outside all year around.

Do you leave the Aeoniums out all year as well?
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. please-help-my-plants

Can I save my jade plant? (suspected root rot?)

You can just take off a stem and allow the stem to dry for a few days and the cut to callous over. Then just bury it an inch into a well drained cactus compost, it should root easily if kept warm...
    You can just take off a stem and allow the stem to dry for a few days and the cut to callous over. Then just bury it an inch into a well drained cactus compost, it should root easily if kept warm on a windowsill. Equally, just a leaf will root and create a new plant, but its a longer process.
    You can just take off a stem and allow the stem to dry for a few days and the cut to callous over. Then just bury it an inch into a well drained cactus compost, it should root easily if kept warm on a windowsill. Equally, just a leaf will root...
    You can just take off a stem and allow the stem to dry for a few days and the cut to callous over. Then just bury it an inch into a well drained cactus compost, it should root easily if kept warm...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. strhythm

what's happening to my Jade propagation?

Been growing this propagated Jade plant since probably last july and I've only just noticed these weird textured bumps appearing on the leaves I think it must be quite recent as I haven't noticed...
    Been growing this propagated Jade plant since probably last july and I've only just noticed these weird textured bumps appearing on the leaves I think it must be quite recent as I haven't noticed them before, but does anyone have any idea what it is and if it's harmful?
    Been growing this propagated Jade plant since probably last july and I've only just noticed these weird textured bumps appearing on the leaves I think it must be quite recent as I haven't noticed them before, but does anyone have any idea what it...
    Been growing this propagated Jade plant since probably last july and I've only just noticed these weird textured bumps appearing on the leaves I think it must be quite recent as I haven't noticed...
    20200919_115324.jpg 20200919_115318.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Hilfenburger

Cactus in need of help

To be honest I don't grow any succulent Euphorbias so a cutting would be experimental for me as well. :biggrin: Having said that, I do think it's the same approach as with cacti.Sounds like the damage...
    To be honest I don't grow any succulent Euphorbias so a cutting would be experimental for me as well. :biggrin: Having said that, I do think it's the same approach as with cacti.Sounds like the damage is only on the surface then, but it has ruined the look of the plant.
    To be honest I don't grow any succulent Euphorbias so a cutting would be experimental for me as well. :biggrin: Having said that, I do think it's the same approach as with cacti.Sounds like the damage is only on the surface then, but it has ruined the...
    To be honest I don't grow any succulent Euphorbias so a cutting would be experimental for me as well. :biggrin: Having said that, I do think it's the same approach as with cacti.Sounds like the damage...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Jasmine star
    Like x 3

Flowering Melocactus.

Thank you What a lovely thought you reading and having such a interest as a child. I have had it for many years and forget it's even there for most of the time then last year had to put it in a...
    Thank you What a lovely thought you reading and having such a interest as a child. I have had it for many years and forget it's even there for most of the time then last year had to put it in a different place in the house (a sunnier spot) and it flowered. Really tiny flowers. This year they...
    Thank you What a lovely thought you reading and having such a interest as a child. I have had it for many years and forget it's even there for most of the time then last year had to put it in a different place in the house (a sunnier spot) and...
    Thank you What a lovely thought you reading and having such a interest as a child. I have had it for many years and forget it's even there for most of the time then last year had to put it in a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. ThePlantAssassin

Terrarium advice please

Hi,If you google "cactus in terrarium" there are loads of examples and ytubes for doing that.
    Hi,If you google "cactus in terrarium" there are loads of examples and ytubes for doing that.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Emma Hooker

Help - overwatered all my newly potted succulents

If the wet continues for more than a few days I'd consider bringing them under cover, but for a while they will be okay.
    If the wet continues for more than a few days I'd consider bringing them under cover, but for a while they will be okay.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Emma Hooker

Cactus help

Little way of an update, managed to take two cuttings from the droopy cactus and a few leaves, and all have rooted . Only one leaf from the other succulent took root but they’re all looking good...
    Little way of an update, managed to take two cuttings from the droopy cactus and a few leaves, and all have rooted . Only one leaf from the other succulent took root but they’re all looking good and should have a few more cactus to add to my collection
    Little way of an update, managed to take two cuttings from the droopy cactus and a few leaves, and all have rooted . Only one leaf from the other succulent took root but they’re all looking good and should have a few more cactus to add to my...
    Little way of an update, managed to take two cuttings from the droopy cactus and a few leaves, and all have rooted . Only one leaf from the other succulent took root but they’re all looking good...
    D0275ECA-BFA6-4890-8EF7-889AACAF408B.jpeg C7E6C17F-8036-4867-8E54-5ED704B02E50.jpeg 631D332F-7D3F-41A9-A873-BB4D7315B208.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. SpiaggiaNera

Aloe problems with lower leaves

Well all I can say is err on the side of dry rather than wet.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Michael Hewett
    Like x 5

Echinopsis eyriesii

Well @pete, that's all it seems to need
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Dirk053

Gifted some plants

Evening guysWe have been gifted the below plants and not having had a lot of experience with cacti & succulents I wanted to give them the best chance of survival.The pots all have gritted...
    Evening guysWe have been gifted the below plants and not having had a lot of experience with cacti & succulents I wanted to give them the best chance of survival.The pots all have gritted cacti soil, all the pots have drainage holes.The pot with the 3 plants, we have sitting in a West...
    Evening guysWe have been gifted the below plants and not having had a lot of experience with cacti & succulents I wanted to give them the best chance of survival.The pots all have gritted cacti soil, all the pots have drainage holes.The pot...
    Evening guysWe have been gifted the below plants and not having had a lot of experience with cacti & succulents I wanted to give them the best chance of survival.The pots all have gritted...
    IMG_20200614_222855.jpg IMG_20200614_222810.jpg IMG_20200614_223004.jpg IMG_20200614_222910.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Michael Hewett
    Like x 6

Flowering cacti ...

Flowering cacti in my polytunnel :-Weingartia neocumingii :-Parodia ottonis :-Gymnocalycium baldianum :-Mammillaria bocasana :-
    Flowering cacti in my polytunnel :-Weingartia neocumingii :-Parodia ottonis :-Gymnocalycium baldianum :-Mammillaria bocasana :-
    1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. MattyBur

Poorly cactus/succulent :(

Ok, I'll keep an eye on it....!Many thanks, Pete!
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Michael Hewett

Orange berries

Actually I don't find it east to propagate from cuttings, they just don't seem to 'take' , I must be doing something wrong.
    Actually I don't find it east to propagate from cuttings, they just don't seem to 'take' , I must be doing something wrong.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Michael Hewett
    Like x 4

Rebutia senilis flowering now

I've seen your photos on that thread @KFF
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Massimo

Neglected Cacti

I think you have three different cacti in the same pot there. Possibly four. I'd be inclined to put them in separate pots in some new compost. You can cut off any obviously dead parts,but only...
    I think you have three different cacti in the same pot there. Possibly four. I'd be inclined to put them in separate pots in some new compost. You can cut off any obviously dead parts,but only one appears to have been badly affected.
    I think you have three different cacti in the same pot there. Possibly four. I'd be inclined to put them in separate pots in some new compost. You can cut off any obviously dead parts,but only one appears to have been badly affected.
    I think you have three different cacti in the same pot there. Possibly four. I'd be inclined to put them in separate pots in some new compost. You can cut off any obviously dead parts,but only...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Natalie emma

Drooping cactus and identification

Thanks for your response:) it's on by the kitchen window and it's South facing so we have sunlight all day. I though maybe It may need a bigger pot? I get more and more flowers each year and I think...
    Thanks for your response:) it's on by the kitchen window and it's South facing so we have sunlight all day. I though maybe It may need a bigger pot? I get more and more flowers each year and I think it will definatly become damaged if I try to straighten it. Glad it seems happy
    Thanks for your response:) it's on by the kitchen window and it's South facing so we have sunlight all day. I though maybe It may need a bigger pot? I get more and more flowers each year and I think it will definatly become damaged if I try to...
    Thanks for your response:) it's on by the kitchen window and it's South facing so we have sunlight all day. I though maybe It may need a bigger pot? I get more and more flowers each year and I think...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. intel

Aloe Vera Problems

OK cheers will try that tomorrow
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Kennyhicks

My house leek bowl

Thank you i will do it tomorrow
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice