Dismiss Notice
MONTHLY PHOTO COMPS ARE BACK!

Get your camera out, take the best shots of your life and submit them to the photo competition!

Please Click Here!

Cacti and Succulents

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. longk
    Like x 13

Share your Echeveria photos and chat here

Yes that's the one, thank you, I shall label it in a minute
    Replies:
    Views:
  3.   » Normal Threads
  4. Michael Hewett
    Like x 4

Kalanchoe

I thought it was, so I would have thought they would have sold them in full flower.I dont think they are easy to get into flower like the nurseries do , I always found the flowers less compact...
    I thought it was, so I would have thought they would have sold them in full flower.I dont think they are easy to get into flower like the nurseries do , I always found the flowers less compact second time round.
    I thought it was, so I would have thought they would have sold them in full flower.I dont think they are easy to get into flower like the nurseries do , I always found the flowers less compact second time round.
    I thought it was, so I would have thought they would have sold them in full flower.I dont think they are easy to get into flower like the nurseries do , I always found the flowers less compact...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Michael Hewett

SOLVED Identification required

Thank you @Sirius I looked it up and believe you are right, I shall put a label with it now
    Thank you @Sirius I looked it up and believe you are right, I shall put a label with it now
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Michael Hewett
    Like x 3

Flowering Haworthia

Haworthia cooperi flowering ...
    H cooperi (3).jpg H cooperi (2).jpg H cooperi.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Katkatkat

Christmas Cactus Help

Looks fine to me too
    Looks fine to me too
    Looks fine to me too
    Looks fine to me too
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. pete
    Like x 7

Epiphyllum etc.

Amazing how time goes by! I got Billbergia nutans from him, he grew it outside. He would laugh how mine has expanded. I corresponded with him for a while. He had some health issues, I think...
    Amazing how time goes by! I got Billbergia nutans from him, he grew it outside. He would laugh how mine has expanded. I corresponded with him for a while. He had some health issues, I think Asthma.
    Amazing how time goes by! I got Billbergia nutans from him, he grew it outside. He would laugh how mine has expanded. I corresponded with him for a while. He had some health issues, I think Asthma.
    Amazing how time goes by! I got Billbergia nutans from him, he grew it outside. He would laugh how mine has expanded. I corresponded with him for a while. He had some health issues, I think...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Michael Hewett

Euphorbia enopla

Thank you @pete, yes I do have several Euphorbias, although I have lost a few recently. Now that you mention it I think I posted the close-up photo in the 'What's looking good in May' thread. I'd...
    Thank you @pete, yes I do have several Euphorbias, although I have lost a few recently. Now that you mention it I think I posted the close-up photo in the 'What's looking good in May' thread. I'd forgotten ... my memory gets worse :old::heehee:
    Thank you @pete, yes I do have several Euphorbias, although I have lost a few recently. Now that you mention it I think I posted the close-up photo in the 'What's looking good in May' thread. I'd forgotten ... my memory gets worse :old::heehee:
    Thank you @pete, yes I do have several Euphorbias, although I have lost a few recently. Now that you mention it I think I posted the close-up photo in the 'What's looking good in May' thread. I'd...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Ademission

Please help me identify this succulent

I have / had Escheceria secunda. I say have / had because I am getting rid of all my small succulents.
    I have / had Escheceria secunda. I say have / had because I am getting rid of all my small succulents.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Jasmine star
    Like x 5

Flowering Melocactus.

Not sure if Melocactus is self fertile. If it is, it's easy as you say, but as it has flowered before and not produced seed I'm I'm think maybe it needs another Melocactus of a different clone...
    Not sure if Melocactus is self fertile. If it is, it's easy as you say, but as it has flowered before and not produced seed I'm I'm think maybe it needs another Melocactus of a different clone to pollinate it.Hybrids will work with some cacti but not all.
    Not sure if Melocactus is self fertile. If it is, it's easy as you say, but as it has flowered before and not produced seed I'm I'm think maybe it needs another Melocactus of a different clone to pollinate it.Hybrids will work with some...
    Not sure if Melocactus is self fertile. If it is, it's easy as you say, but as it has flowered before and not produced seed I'm I'm think maybe it needs another Melocactus of a different clone...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. MattyBur

Poorly cactus/succulent :(

I agree with Pete the small brown spots look like wounds from insects .Another thing you need to bare in mind is that some insects cannot be seen with the naked eye as they live in the soil Some...
    I agree with Pete the small brown spots look like wounds from insects .Another thing you need to bare in mind is that some insects cannot be seen with the naked eye as they live in the soil Some Nematodes eat roots slowly and they tend to live in garden centresAs they prefer wet...
    I agree with Pete the small brown spots look like wounds from insects .Another thing you need to bare in mind is that some insects cannot be seen with the naked eye as they live in the soil Some Nematodes eat roots slowly and they tend to live...
    I agree with Pete the small brown spots look like wounds from insects .Another thing you need to bare in mind is that some insects cannot be seen with the naked eye as they live in the soil Some...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Flat1

please help me identify this very painful cactus

The place they live at now gets extremely hot in the summer as it holds on to heat from the day before.Thanks for the tip i will only go up to 15%-25% of the recommended concentration Limited to...
    The place they live at now gets extremely hot in the summer as it holds on to heat from the day before.Thanks for the tip i will only go up to 15%-25% of the recommended concentration Limited to once every 2 months during the growing seasonThat way it wont be too much fertiliser for this...
    The place they live at now gets extremely hot in the summer as it holds on to heat from the day before.Thanks for the tip i will only go up to 15%-25% of the recommended concentration Limited to once every 2 months during the growing...
    The place they live at now gets extremely hot in the summer as it holds on to heat from the day before.Thanks for the tip i will only go up to 15%-25% of the recommended concentration Limited to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Flat1

Cactus treat - Coryphantha maiz-tablasensis

I have this Coryphantha maiz-tablasensisVAR ?UKNOWN?I bought it on ebay and the seller said that the old man that took care of them hasn't done so for a few years yet this survived in a green...
    I have this Coryphantha maiz-tablasensisVAR ?UKNOWN?I bought it on ebay and the seller said that the old man that took care of them hasn't done so for a few years yet this survived in a green house.Since then I potted them on a south-facing windowsill and waterd them very very lightly. I...
    I have this Coryphantha maiz-tablasensisVAR ?UKNOWN?I bought it on ebay and the seller said that the old man that took care of them hasn't done so for a few years yet this survived in a green house.Since then I potted them on a...
    I have this Coryphantha maiz-tablasensisVAR ?UKNOWN?I bought it on ebay and the seller said that the old man that took care of them hasn't done so for a few years yet this survived in a green...
    Screenshot_20210511-204724_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210511-204727_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210511-204738_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210511-210609_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210511-210558_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210511-210746_Gallery.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Ademission

Please help me identify this cactus!

Michael Hewett,Thanks very much for your identification of the Parodia leninghausii. At long last I can get them all labelled up. I don't remember ever seeing flowers on the original plant but...
    Michael Hewett,Thanks very much for your identification of the Parodia leninghausii. At long last I can get them all labelled up. I don't remember ever seeing flowers on the original plant but my wife does. It must have been many years ago. Many years ago when I was a student, I had a small...
    Michael Hewett,Thanks very much for your identification of the Parodia leninghausii. At long last I can get them all labelled up. I don't remember ever seeing flowers on the original plant but my wife does. It must have been many years...
    Michael Hewett,Thanks very much for your identification of the Parodia leninghausii. At long last I can get them all labelled up. I don't remember ever seeing flowers on the original plant but...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Selleri

Recommend a hardy, upright succulent please!

I had a puya alpestris I grew from seed (repotting was very painful!). It was left outside all year in Nottinghamshire and grew quite happily and flowered. It died when I forgot to water it one...
    I had a puya alpestris I grew from seed (repotting was very painful!). It was left outside all year in Nottinghamshire and grew quite happily and flowered. It died when I forgot to water it one summer, but had stood the winters no problem.
    I had a puya alpestris I grew from seed (repotting was very painful!). It was left outside all year in Nottinghamshire and grew quite happily and flowered. It died when I forgot to water it one summer, but had stood the winters no problem.
    I had a puya alpestris I grew from seed (repotting was very painful!). It was left outside all year in Nottinghamshire and grew quite happily and flowered. It died when I forgot to water it one...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Tabbee

Help please with succulent ID and care

Thanks both, I’ll look into those names and sure I’ll be able to find out what they are from there. I’ll split them up into separate pots and move them somewhere where they can get some direct...
    Thanks both, I’ll look into those names and sure I’ll be able to find out what they are from there. I’ll split them up into separate pots and move them somewhere where they can get some direct sunlight, so hopefully the two smaller ones will perk up a bit in time. I didn’t think about...
    Thanks both, I’ll look into those names and sure I’ll be able to find out what they are from there. I’ll split them up into separate pots and move them somewhere where they can get some direct sunlight, so hopefully the two smaller ones will perk...
    Thanks both, I’ll look into those names and sure I’ll be able to find out what they are from there. I’ll split them up into separate pots and move them somewhere where they can get some direct...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. strongylodon
    Like x 5

Cactus garden!

I saw a video of two big horn sheep having a bit of a fight. I dont know what the horns or skull is made of but you wouldn't want to get in the way of one of them.:yikes:
    I saw a video of two big horn sheep having a bit of a fight. I dont know what the horns or skull is made of but you wouldn't want to get in the way of one of them.:yikes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. redd

String of hearts

Thanks for the advice!! I am going to leave it as it is because it looks very happy at the moment. Keeping a close eye on it though....
    Thanks for the advice!! I am going to leave it as it is because it looks very happy at the moment. Keeping a close eye on it though....
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. EmmaSpike

Small white patch

Aw thank you!! :thankyou:
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Danny Nairn

Aloe seedlings

Yes make sure there are lots of roots before moving it into a bigger pot.
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. SpiaggiaNera

Aloe problems with lower leaves

hey, how old is she??
    hey, how old is she??
    hey, how old is she??
    hey, how old is she??
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Markymark

Watering of these!

I'd like to help regarding watering but I've never grown plants in that way. I tend to use very gritty compost and drainage in the pots.I can only suggest you keep them on the dry side, as that...
    I'd like to help regarding watering but I've never grown plants in that way. I tend to use very gritty compost and drainage in the pots.I can only suggest you keep them on the dry side, as that will be preferable to too wet. Obviously more water in summer, and very little if any in winter.
    I'd like to help regarding watering but I've never grown plants in that way. I tend to use very gritty compost and drainage in the pots.I can only suggest you keep them on the dry side, as that will be preferable to too wet. Obviously more...
    I'd like to help regarding watering but I've never grown plants in that way. I tend to use very gritty compost and drainage in the pots.I can only suggest you keep them on the dry side, as that...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice