1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Cacti and Succulents

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. longk
    Like x 13

Share your Echeveria photos and chat here

Echeveria pullidonis flowering again this year ...
    Echeveria glauca.jpg Echeveria 'Perle von Nurnberg'.jpg Echeveria 'Perle von Nurnberg'2.jpg Echeveria 'Perle von Nurnberg' Flowerbud.jpg Echeveria secunda.jpg 002.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Michael Hewett
    Like x 8

Rhipsalis pilocarpa 2023

That's what I hope, @Victoria :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4.   » Normal Threads
  5. Phil A
    Like x 15

Cactus update

On-line Guide to the positive identification of Members of the Cactus FamilyThis can be interesting also !
    On-line Guide to the positive identification of Members of the Cactus FamilyThis can be interesting also !
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. pete
    Like x 17

Cacti that are looking good.

They're all beautiful but this one I do adore:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Aesculus

Epiphyllums and other Cacti

They probably are a bit warm to be honest ;)Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    They probably are a bit warm to be honest ;)Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Michael Hewett
    Like x 9

Cacti flowering now ...

@Michael Hewett I hope they do grow well for you & flower next year as well! :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. ricky101

Living Stones/Linthops / Succulents

They need to rest after only their first growing season. No water and cool temps all winter, some species need watering earlier than others, often just a light spray at first to get them going is...
    They need to rest after only their first growing season. No water and cool temps all winter, some species need watering earlier than others, often just a light spray at first to get them going is best. Some of these actually survive in the wild on fog, with practically no rain.
    They need to rest after only their first growing season. No water and cool temps all winter, some species need watering earlier than others, often just a light spray at first to get them going is best. Some of these actually survive in the wild...
    They need to rest after only their first growing season. No water and cool temps all winter, some species need watering earlier than others, often just a light spray at first to get them going is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Snorky85

Repot all together in a trough?

Hi @PaulB3 That picture was took at a garden centre and I always love to see cactus flowering..:cheers:for the name mate :)
    Hi @PaulB3 That picture was took at a garden centre and I always love to see cactus flowering..:cheers:for the name mate :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. pete

Cacti

Mira for some reason your pic didn't come out. My camera isn't good at macro, but this is as close as I can get to my Euphorbia Obesa. Always makes me think of tartan, for some reason
    Mira for some reason your pic didn't come out. My camera isn't good at macro, but this is as close as I can get to my Euphorbia Obesa. Always makes me think of tartan, for some reason
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Snorky85

Succulents....cultivation

Well not quite the next day but here are pics of seed grown echiveria sown 10 months earlier. Half size seed traysEdit : He lied. Top ones are full sized seed trays
    Well not quite the next day but here are pics of seed grown echiveria sown 10 months earlier. Half size seed traysEdit : He lied. Top ones are full sized seed trays
    EF5D4606-10DA-472C-A175-1A31DAF73E6B.jpeg 76178FCD-2FB9-4440-BA26-F074EA176186.jpeg 71A93481-70FF-452F-8DB3-AF02A3DF0AF7.jpeg E044462B-811A-4A79-AB13-E5B50269AD2B.jpeg 971E3D15-5369-402C-B0EC-B2641E9AB079.jpeg B3699C17-1A18-4805-92A6-175DCE985A8D.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Lea

Cacti seeds.

I've planted them this year in J Arthur Bower’s cactus compost. I see plants like it. Before I used 100% peat based compost plus sand. And the covering - stones from the seashore.
    I've planted them this year in J Arthur Bower’s cactus compost. I see plants like it. Before I used 100% peat based compost plus sand. And the covering - stones from the seashore.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Victoria

Sedum and Crassula from Seed

Very strange. I got notification of a refund on the Aeonium Kiwi from Malta yesterday then this morning notification it has been shipped along with the Sedum rupestre syn reflexum cutting. Be...
    Very strange. I got notification of a refund on the Aeonium Kiwi from Malta yesterday then this morning notification it has been shipped along with the Sedum rupestre syn reflexum cutting. Be interesting to see how long it takes as Malta was 10 days last time. I have decided against seed.
    Very strange. I got notification of a refund on the Aeonium Kiwi from Malta yesterday then this morning notification it has been shipped along with the Sedum rupestre syn reflexum cutting. Be interesting to see how long it takes as Malta was 10...
    Very strange. I got notification of a refund on the Aeonium Kiwi from Malta yesterday then this morning notification it has been shipped along with the Sedum rupestre syn reflexum cutting. Be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Ladybird4
    Like x 7

Waking up the cacti after their 6 months rest

@kindredspirit, I am definitely going to put them in the greenhouse as I need my window sills to bring on my seedlings.
    @kindredspirit, I am definitely going to put them in the greenhouse as I need my window sills to bring on my seedlings.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Fof
    Like x 6

Most beautiful/rarest/etc cacti you have or had.

@Logan FYI, that video is located in Bellmere, SE Queensland, at Lat 27° S. A LOT warmer than here.:hotsun::hotsun::hotsun::hotsun:
    @Logan FYI, that video is located in Bellmere, SE Queensland, at Lat 27° S. A LOT warmer than here.:hotsun::hotsun::hotsun::hotsun:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. pete

Frozen cacti

In my Dads defence, he has not killed the Lavender that he bought. Trouble is that he will soon be moaning that they are taking the garden over! He is quite happy (and good at ) all the messing...
    In my Dads defence, he has not killed the Lavender that he bought. Trouble is that he will soon be moaning that they are taking the garden over! He is quite happy (and good at ) all the messing about that is needed to grow a few potatoes!
    In my Dads defence, he has not killed the Lavender that he bought. Trouble is that he will soon be moaning that they are taking the garden over! He is quite happy (and good at ) all the messing about that is needed to grow a few potatoes!
    In my Dads defence, he has not killed the Lavender that he bought. Trouble is that he will soon be moaning that they are taking the garden over! He is quite happy (and good at ) all the messing...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. longk
    Like x 9

Kalanchoe

@longk does the stem feel like velvet as it looks like it :scratch::thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Michael Hewett
    Like x 8

Epiphyllum

Seeing signs of new growth on all the plants, just giving them a bit of gentle watering, does anyone feed their plants when young? I never used too.
    Seeing signs of new growth on all the plants, just giving them a bit of gentle watering, does anyone feed their plants when young? I never used too.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Phil A
    Like x 7

Repotted Oucho into Spent Mushroom Compost

Oucho is still sulking from not getting a prize in the Melplash Show
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Celia

Christmas cactus

My christmas cactus is rather confused at the moment - it has buds forming again!!!!!
    My christmas cactus is rather confused at the moment - it has buds forming again!!!!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Coolsox
    Like x 4

Show us your Christmas Cacti!

This is Mrs Woos
    This is Mrs Woos
    This is Mrs Woos
    This is Mrs Woos
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Phil A
    Funny x 3

Thing on a Cactus

Cheers Zig have a good time drinking smoking and lobbing bottles :yay:
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Phil A
    Like x 15

Skip find

The flowers go over in a few days but more coming :)
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice