1. Photo Competition
    JULY'S PHOTO COMPETITION IS OPEN!

The theme this month is "Wild Flowers" - we know how wild we are about flowers around here, so get your best lens out and head out into the wilds or even that roadside verge near your house and submit your best photos

Please Click Here!

Cacti and Succulents

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↑ Views
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. longk
    Replies:
    Views:
  3.   » Normal Threads
  4. Michael Hewett

ID required

Could someone please identify my new succulent please ... Thank you
    127_1202.JPG 127_1218.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Michael Hewett
    Like x 4

Flowering Haworthia

Haworthia cooperi flowering ...
    H cooperi (3).jpg H cooperi (2).jpg H cooperi.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Flat1

Cactus treat - Coryphantha maiz-tablasensis

I have this Coryphantha maiz-tablasensisVAR ?UKNOWN?I bought it on ebay and the seller said that the old man that took care of them hasn't done so for a few years yet this survived in a green...
    I have this Coryphantha maiz-tablasensisVAR ?UKNOWN?I bought it on ebay and the seller said that the old man that took care of them hasn't done so for a few years yet this survived in a green house.Since then I potted them on a south-facing windowsill and waterd them very very lightly. I...
    I have this Coryphantha maiz-tablasensisVAR ?UKNOWN?I bought it on ebay and the seller said that the old man that took care of them hasn't done so for a few years yet this survived in a green house.Since then I potted them on a...
    I have this Coryphantha maiz-tablasensisVAR ?UKNOWN?I bought it on ebay and the seller said that the old man that took care of them hasn't done so for a few years yet this survived in a green...
    Screenshot_20210511-204724_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210511-204727_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210511-204738_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210511-210609_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210511-210558_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210511-210746_Gallery.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Michael Hewett
    Like x 3

Astrophytum myriostigma

Astrophytum myriostigma, flowering in October - it's never done that before, and it has had several flowers through the summer.
    Astrophytum myriostigma, flowering in October - it's never done that before, and it has had several flowers through the summer.
    DSCF4237.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. strhythm

what's happening to my Jade propagation?

Been growing this propagated Jade plant since probably last july and I've only just noticed these weird textured bumps appearing on the leaves I think it must be quite recent as I haven't noticed...
    Been growing this propagated Jade plant since probably last july and I've only just noticed these weird textured bumps appearing on the leaves I think it must be quite recent as I haven't noticed them before, but does anyone have any idea what it is and if it's harmful?
    Been growing this propagated Jade plant since probably last july and I've only just noticed these weird textured bumps appearing on the leaves I think it must be quite recent as I haven't noticed them before, but does anyone have any idea what it...
    Been growing this propagated Jade plant since probably last july and I've only just noticed these weird textured bumps appearing on the leaves I think it must be quite recent as I haven't noticed...
    20200919_115324.jpg 20200919_115318.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Dirk053

Gifted some plants

Evening guysWe have been gifted the below plants and not having had a lot of experience with cacti & succulents I wanted to give them the best chance of survival.The pots all have gritted...
    Evening guysWe have been gifted the below plants and not having had a lot of experience with cacti & succulents I wanted to give them the best chance of survival.The pots all have gritted cacti soil, all the pots have drainage holes.The pot with the 3 plants, we have sitting in a West...
    Evening guysWe have been gifted the below plants and not having had a lot of experience with cacti & succulents I wanted to give them the best chance of survival.The pots all have gritted cacti soil, all the pots have drainage holes.The pot...
    Evening guysWe have been gifted the below plants and not having had a lot of experience with cacti & succulents I wanted to give them the best chance of survival.The pots all have gritted...
    IMG_20200614_222855.jpg IMG_20200614_222810.jpg IMG_20200614_223004.jpg IMG_20200614_222910.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Michael Hewett
    Like x 7

Flowering cacti ...

Flowering cacti in my polytunnel :-Weingartia neocumingii :-Parodia ottonis :-Gymnocalycium baldianum :-Mammillaria bocasana :-
    Flowering cacti in my polytunnel :-Weingartia neocumingii :-Parodia ottonis :-Gymnocalycium baldianum :-Mammillaria bocasana :-
    1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. BigC

Needs Must!

With the recent spate of inclement weather patterns, I've had to resort to purchasing a small plastic greenhouse affair to keep the rain off my Sempervivum collection. It seems a better option...
    With the recent spate of inclement weather patterns, I've had to resort to purchasing a small plastic greenhouse affair to keep the rain off my Sempervivum collection. It seems a better option for me leaving the door completely open to let the flow of air around the plants.
    With the recent spate of inclement weather patterns, I've had to resort to purchasing a small plastic greenhouse affair to keep the rain off my Sempervivum collection. It seems a better option for me leaving the door completely open to let the...
    With the recent spate of inclement weather patterns, I've had to resort to purchasing a small plastic greenhouse affair to keep the rain off my Sempervivum collection. It seems a better option...
    Semp grid.jpg standmk2.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. longk
    Like x 4

Orostachys iwarenge

An interesting succulent that spreads by creeping stolons - Orostachys iwarenge............... Orostachys iwarenge by longk48, on FlickrOrostachys iwarenge by longk48, on Flickr
    An interesting succulent that spreads by creeping stolons - Orostachys iwarenge............... Orostachys iwarenge by longk48, on FlickrOrostachys iwarenge by longk48, on Flickr
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. eddybaby
    Like x 6

Independent Succulent

This plant is in a hay basket outside and grew into this wonderful shape
    20180926_082205.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. WeeTam

Cheap prickles........£12.49 for 10 small cacti delivered..

10 X DIFFERENT MIXED CACTUS COLLECTION HOUSE + GARDENERS DREAM PLANT CARE GUIDE | eBay
    10 X DIFFERENT MIXED CACTUS COLLECTION HOUSE + GARDENERS DREAM PLANT CARE GUIDE | eBay
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Michael Hewett

Faucaria tigrina

Faucaria tigrina :-
    4 Faucaria tigrina (2).jpg 3.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Michael Hewett

Peperomia

Peperomia ferreyrae is a succulent plant native to tropical forests in Peru, where it grows on the shadey forest floor.It's named after Alejandro Huerta Ramón Ferreyra - a Peruvian botanist.I...
    Peperomia ferreyrae is a succulent plant native to tropical forests in Peru, where it grows on the shadey forest floor.It's named after Alejandro Huerta Ramón Ferreyra - a Peruvian botanist.I bought it in Lidl several years ago and it flowers every year
    Peperomia ferreyrae is a succulent plant native to tropical forests in Peru, where it grows on the shadey forest floor.It's named after Alejandro Huerta Ramón Ferreyra - a Peruvian botanist.I bought it in Lidl several years ago and it flowers...
    Peperomia ferreyrae is a succulent plant native to tropical forests in Peru, where it grows on the shadey forest floor.It's named after Alejandro Huerta Ramón Ferreyra - a Peruvian botanist.I...
    101_8751.jpg 101_8753.jpg 101_8754.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Phil A
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Mr_slinky_dragon

ceropegia fusca

has anyone here had any luck with rooting cuttings of these? i'm getting some from tenerife in september and want to know how easy they are from cuttings :)
    has anyone here had any luck with rooting cuttings of these? i'm getting some from tenerife in september and want to know how easy they are from cuttings :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. sal73

Agaves the beauty and the beast

I`ve recently start to collect Agaves , I didn`t even know that there are so many e they go from tropical to desert , at the moment I`m dividing them as the hardy and ugly and the soft and pretty...
    I`ve recently start to collect Agaves , I didn`t even know that there are so many e they go from tropical to desert , at the moment I`m dividing them as the hardy and ugly and the soft and pretty , please just help me with find few more variety .along with the hardiness . Agave Macho Mocha...
    I`ve recently start to collect Agaves , I didn`t even know that there are so many e they go from tropical to desert , at the moment I`m dividing them as the hardy and ugly and the soft and pretty , please just help me with find few more variety...
    I`ve recently start to collect Agaves , I didn`t even know that there are so many e they go from tropical to desert , at the moment I`m dividing them as the hardy and ugly and the soft and pretty...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. PaulThor

Sad Cactus

My girlfriend has two small cactus/cacti and they aren't doing so well. I have attached a photo in the hope that someone may have some advice. The one on the left used to be as fat as the pot that...
    My girlfriend has two small cactus/cacti and they aren't doing so well. I have attached a photo in the hope that someone may have some advice. The one on the left used to be as fat as the pot that it's in. She had them inside for years and for no apparent reason they started changing. She now...
    My girlfriend has two small cactus/cacti and they aren't doing so well. I have attached a photo in the hope that someone may have some advice. The one on the left used to be as fat as the pot that it's in. She had them inside for years and for no...
    My girlfriend has two small cactus/cacti and they aren't doing so well. I have attached a photo in the hope that someone may have some advice. The one on the left used to be as fat as the pot that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Michael Hewett
    Like x 5

New cactus

Unusual mamillaria there Michael, good find. :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Michael Hewett
    Like x 8

Cacti ready for spring

Nice collection Michael, good idea, to move them out for the summer.
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. kindredspirit
    Like x 5

Some cactus, which grow outside all year around.

Do you leave the Aeoniums out all year as well?
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice