Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. longk
    Like x 13

Share your Echeveria photos and chat here

Echeveria pullidonis flowering again this year ...
    Echeveria glauca.jpg Echeveria 'Perle von Nurnberg'.jpg Echeveria 'Perle von Nurnberg'2.jpg Echeveria 'Perle von Nurnberg' Flowerbud.jpg Echeveria secunda.jpg 002.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Michael Hewett
    Like x 8

Rhipsalis pilocarpa 2023

That's what I hope, @Victoria :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4.   » Normal Threads
  5. gjohnsonoc

Zone 7

35F as a nightime minimum? If so, I'm sure you could grow many types of Opuntia, just avoid the ones that come from the tropics.
    35F as a nightime minimum? If so, I'm sure you could grow many types of Opuntia, just avoid the ones that come from the tropics.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. DaveP

Worth waking-up for...

Haha, Yes I had the white one for a few months and then I mistakenly left it in the care of my mother:frown: I've now got some more and have a small collection of 15 cuttings of different cultivars...
    Haha, Yes I had the white one for a few months and then I mistakenly left it in the care of my mother:frown: I've now got some more and have a small collection of 15 cuttings of different cultivars in a number of states of growth:hapfeet: You know me far to well Pete I'd love a bit of your Pink one as...
    Haha, Yes I had the white one for a few months and then I mistakenly left it in the care of my mother:frown: I've now got some more and have a small collection of 15 cuttings of different cultivars in a number of states of growth:hapfeet: You know me far...
    Haha, Yes I had the white one for a few months and then I mistakenly left it in the care of my mother:frown: I've now got some more and have a small collection of 15 cuttings of different cultivars...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Selleri

Why don't these cactus flowers open?

You might have something in there @PaulB3 :biggrin:Thanks for sharing the link! You shared the Cactusinhabitat already some years ago, I find it fascinating and keep re-visiting and re-sharing.The...
    You might have something in there @PaulB3 :biggrin:Thanks for sharing the link! You shared the Cactusinhabitat already some years ago, I find it fascinating and keep re-visiting and re-sharing.The said cactus has made another non-opening flower and has some buds coming up. It is now under a grow...
    You might have something in there @PaulB3 :biggrin:Thanks for sharing the link! You shared the Cactusinhabitat already some years ago, I find it fascinating and keep re-visiting and re-sharing.The said cactus has made another non-opening flower and...
    You might have something in there @PaulB3 :biggrin:Thanks for sharing the link! You shared the Cactusinhabitat already some years ago, I find it fascinating and keep re-visiting and re-sharing.The...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. PuzzledMonkey

Who's that Pokemon?!

1)Mammillaria sp 2)Mammillaria possibly elongata 3)Haworthia limifolia 4)Ceroid 5) Needs better photo 6) Notocactus sp 7) Echinocereus pectinatusThey all look like they could do with more...
    1)Mammillaria sp 2)Mammillaria possibly elongata 3)Haworthia limifolia 4)Ceroid 5) Needs better photo 6) Notocactus sp 7) Echinocereus pectinatusThey all look like they could do with more sun/light :spinning:
    1)Mammillaria sp 2)Mammillaria possibly elongata 3)Haworthia limifolia 4)Ceroid 5) Needs better photo 6) Notocactus sp 7) Echinocereus pectinatusThey all look like they could do with more sun/light :spinning:
    1)Mammillaria sp 2)Mammillaria possibly elongata 3)Haworthia limifolia 4)Ceroid 5) Needs better photo 6) Notocactus sp 7) Echinocereus pectinatusThey all look like they could do with more...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. pamsdish

Which Aloe

Could be mitriformis, or have some mitriformis parentage.Trying to ID an Aloe, especially without a flower is not simple.Aloes hybridise freely. And many clones doing the rounds are of unknown...
    Could be mitriformis, or have some mitriformis parentage.Trying to ID an Aloe, especially without a flower is not simple.Aloes hybridise freely. And many clones doing the rounds are of unknown origin. Also, a lot of Aloes grown in less than ideal conditions (too much water, too little light)...
    Could be mitriformis, or have some mitriformis parentage.Trying to ID an Aloe, especially without a flower is not simple.Aloes hybridise freely. And many clones doing the rounds are of unknown origin. Also, a lot of Aloes grown in less than...
    Could be mitriformis, or have some mitriformis parentage.Trying to ID an Aloe, especially without a flower is not simple.Aloes hybridise freely. And many clones doing the rounds are of unknown...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Monty33

Where to buy succulent plugs ?

It can always be a continual work where larger pieces are removed and chicks from other plants added to the picture as and when it is needed.I like your suggestions of indoor and outdoor...
    It can always be a continual work where larger pieces are removed and chicks from other plants added to the picture as and when it is needed.I like your suggestions of indoor and outdoor versions with differing succulent types, gives me another project if nothing else.I certainly didn't...
    It can always be a continual work where larger pieces are removed and chicks from other plants added to the picture as and when it is needed.I like your suggestions of indoor and outdoor versions with differing succulent types, gives me another...
    It can always be a continual work where larger pieces are removed and chicks from other plants added to the picture as and when it is needed.I like your suggestions of indoor and outdoor...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. pete
    Like x 3

When you get left out in the cold.

Looks like it'll be fine. (Fingers crossed).
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Snorky85

What’s going on with this?

Oh that's good to know. Thank you both v much. I'll put some on perlite or grit and bring it inside and spray then. :biggrin:
    Oh that's good to know. Thank you both v much. I'll put some on perlite or grit and bring it inside and spray then. :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Lem
    Like x 3

Whats your most spine'd Cactus

I’ve got a very young one grown from dragon fruit, and I agree with you totally, the spines look harmless just like hair, but get them in your hands and their terrible :hhog:
    I’ve got a very young one grown from dragon fruit, and I agree with you totally, the spines look harmless just like hair, but get them in your hands and their terrible :hhog:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Little Miss Road Rage

What's wrong with my cactus?

Daisee, thanks. DOn´t worry. I know how to handle and resize pics, so I will in the future. I just never realized that flickr was "screen-shrinking" them for me. I thought it was showing them in...
    Daisee, thanks. DOn´t worry. I know how to handle and resize pics, so I will in the future. I just never realized that flickr was "screen-shrinking" them for me. I thought it was showing them in their real size. Proper resizing in the future, promise. Apology. Now I will leave this thread to...
    Daisee, thanks. DOn´t worry. I know how to handle and resize pics, so I will in the future. I just never realized that flickr was "screen-shrinking" them for me. I thought it was showing them in their real size. Proper resizing in the future,...
    Daisee, thanks. DOn´t worry. I know how to handle and resize pics, so I will in the future. I just never realized that flickr was "screen-shrinking" them for me. I thought it was showing them in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. strhythm

what's happening to my Jade propagation?

Been growing this propagated Jade plant since probably last july and I've only just noticed these weird textured bumps appearing on the leaves I think it must be quite recent as I haven't noticed...
    Been growing this propagated Jade plant since probably last july and I've only just noticed these weird textured bumps appearing on the leaves I think it must be quite recent as I haven't noticed them before, but does anyone have any idea what it is and if it's harmful?
    Been growing this propagated Jade plant since probably last july and I've only just noticed these weird textured bumps appearing on the leaves I think it must be quite recent as I haven't noticed them before, but does anyone have any idea what it...
    Been growing this propagated Jade plant since probably last july and I've only just noticed these weird textured bumps appearing on the leaves I think it must be quite recent as I haven't noticed...
    20200919_115324.jpg 20200919_115318.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Lem
    Like x 7

What you think ??

Thanks all for your comments, wasn’t sure if anyone would like it, the bowl was being thrown out, so I just had to recycle it, @Selleri as mentioned in your reply I’ll have to be careful with the...
    Thanks all for your comments, wasn’t sure if anyone would like it, the bowl was being thrown out, so I just had to recycle it, @Selleri as mentioned in your reply I’ll have to be careful with the watering :thankyou:
    Thanks all for your comments, wasn’t sure if anyone would like it, the bowl was being thrown out, so I just had to recycle it, @Selleri as mentioned in your reply I’ll have to be careful with the watering :thankyou:
    Thanks all for your comments, wasn’t sure if anyone would like it, the bowl was being thrown out, so I just had to recycle it, @Selleri as mentioned in your reply I’ll have to be careful with the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. nikirushka

What might this be?

Ok, I'll leave that one alone then! :snork:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. CROF

What is this growing around my desert rose?

Thanks. They are gone. Just needed that reassurance hahaha
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. johnbinkley

What do I do with my cacti

Thakyou messypup and Pete. I will try to take on board what each of you have said. Never grown cacti before. Thanks again for the advice.
    Thakyou messypup and Pete. I will try to take on board what each of you have said. Never grown cacti before. Thanks again for the advice.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Aesculus

What Cacti is This? and how do I not Kill it?

It's currently in my room on the window sill where I have the window open all year round:o so no water and no repot gotcha:dbgrtmb: but if it dies expect a PM:paladin::roflsign:
    It's currently in my room on the window sill where I have the window open all year round:o so no water and no repot gotcha:dbgrtmb: but if it dies expect a PM:paladin::roflsign:
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Amy_aloevera

What am I doing wrong?

Pete Last year I took a three-foot top cutting from a very large and unwieldy Pilosocereus azureus ; left it to callous for five-months , whereupon adventitious roots were developing . Potted up...
    Pete Last year I took a three-foot top cutting from a very large and unwieldy Pilosocereus azureus ; left it to callous for five-months , whereupon adventitious roots were developing . Potted up and is now growing as normal . The resilience of plants is amazing .
    Pete Last year I took a three-foot top cutting from a very large and unwieldy Pilosocereus azureus ; left it to callous for five-months , whereupon adventitious roots were developing . Potted up and is now growing as normal . The resilience of...
    Pete Last year I took a three-foot top cutting from a very large and unwieldy Pilosocereus azureus ; left it to callous for five-months , whereupon adventitious roots were developing . Potted up...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Phil A

Welcome

Yep just renewed my own membership costs just £15 which includes the quarterly journal but not the yearly book, I also attend local monthly meetings
    Yep just renewed my own membership costs just £15 which includes the quarterly journal but not the yearly book, I also attend local monthly meetings
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Markymark

Watering of these!

I'd like to help regarding watering but I've never grown plants in that way. I tend to use very gritty compost and drainage in the pots.I can only suggest you keep them on the dry side, as that...
    I'd like to help regarding watering but I've never grown plants in that way. I tend to use very gritty compost and drainage in the pots.I can only suggest you keep them on the dry side, as that will be preferable to too wet. Obviously more water in summer, and very little if any in winter.
    I'd like to help regarding watering but I've never grown plants in that way. I tend to use very gritty compost and drainage in the pots.I can only suggest you keep them on the dry side, as that will be preferable to too wet. Obviously more...
    I'd like to help regarding watering but I've never grown plants in that way. I tend to use very gritty compost and drainage in the pots.I can only suggest you keep them on the dry side, as that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Ladybird4
    Like x 6

Waking up the cacti after their 6 months rest

Yes shade them on very hot days. I lost two of mine last year from being scorched.
    Yes shade them on very hot days. I lost two of mine last year from being scorched.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice