1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Cacti and Succulents

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↑
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Michael Hewett
    Like x 8

Rhipsalis pilocarpa 2023

That's what I hope, @Victoria :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. longk
    Like x 13

Share your Echeveria photos and chat here

Echeveria pullidonis flowering again this year ...
    Echeveria glauca.jpg Echeveria 'Perle von Nurnberg'.jpg Echeveria 'Perle von Nurnberg'2.jpg Echeveria 'Perle von Nurnberg' Flowerbud.jpg Echeveria secunda.jpg 002.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  4.   » Normal Threads
  5. madpenguin

What is this succulent?

I used to have the two but the bupleurifolia one died and I can't find another. I may have to try on line.
    I used to have the two but the bupleurifolia one died and I can't find another. I may have to try on line.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Fof

Setiechinopsis mirabilis seedlings

@PaulB3 Yes, the flowers only last one night. I can't recall if they are scented, though.
    @PaulB3 Yes, the flowers only last one night. I can't recall if they are scented, though.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Ynnead

Jatropha care

YnneadI have three and just use multi compost. As @pete says, mine live outdoors permanently but I do lose leaves in the Winter, although I don't get frost or even get near zero.Jatropha...
    YnneadI have three and just use multi compost. As @pete says, mine live outdoors permanently but I do lose leaves in the Winter, although I don't get frost or even get near zero.Jatropha multifida
    YnneadI have three and just use multi compost. As @pete says, mine live outdoors permanently but I do lose leaves in the Winter, although I don't get frost or even get near zero.Jatropha multifida
    YnneadI have three and just use multi compost. As @pete says, mine live outdoors permanently but I do lose leaves in the Winter, although I don't get frost or even get near zero.Jatropha...
    Welcome Tropical2.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Fof

Pleiospilos nellii

I have one, it has survived the last two winters in my unheated greenhouse and will soon flower.
    I have one, it has survived the last two winters in my unheated greenhouse and will soon flower.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Coccinella

Aeonium fan from GW forum

Never discard anything from succulents I just stuck the flowering stem of an aeonium rosette in this pot and starved it of water all winter.
    Never discard anything from succulents I just stuck the flowering stem of an aeonium rosette in this pot and starved it of water all winter.
    20220906_075356.jpg 20240318_181247[1].jpg 20240319_172951[1].jpg 20240323_103457.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Michael Hewett
    Like x 5

Aeoniums

Those first two are stunning Michael! I've only got Schwarzkopf but the wish-list has suddenly grown :biggrin:
    Those first two are stunning Michael! I've only got Schwarzkopf but the wish-list has suddenly grown :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Victoria

Succulent ID

I am thinking it is the A urbicum. Aeonium urbicum (Saucer Plant) - World of Succulents I will put it down in The Jungle Room with the dark one I have.
    I am thinking it is the A urbicum. Aeonium urbicum (Saucer Plant) - World of Succulents I will put it down in The Jungle Room with the dark one I have.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Michael Hewett
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. ricky101

Orange Spots on Cactii

Well I wouldn'y like to guess really, Orange rot as I've heard is terminal usually, so I hope it isn't that, but I dont know what it could be. Rust usually leaves an orange stain on your...
    Well I wouldn'y like to guess really, Orange rot as I've heard is terminal usually, so I hope it isn't that, but I dont know what it could be. Rust usually leaves an orange stain on your fingers. Only other problem I'm finding is scab.
    Well I wouldn'y like to guess really, Orange rot as I've heard is terminal usually, so I hope it isn't that, but I dont know what it could be. Rust usually leaves an orange stain on your fingers. Only other problem I'm finding is scab.
    Well I wouldn'y like to guess really, Orange rot as I've heard is terminal usually, so I hope it isn't that, but I dont know what it could be. Rust usually leaves an orange stain on your...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. DazzerLancs

Queen of the night

Hi, I was given a few seeds by a work colleague, he could not get them to germinate, a couple have germinated for me and I'm looking for advice to keep them going, thanks.
    Hi, I was given a few seeds by a work colleague, he could not get them to germinate, a couple have germinated for me and I'm looking for advice to keep them going, thanks.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Flat1

Cactus treat - Coryphantha maiz-tablasensis

I have this Coryphantha maiz-tablasensisVAR ?UKNOWN?I bought it on ebay and the seller said that the old man that took care of them hasn't done so for a few years yet this survived in a green...
    I have this Coryphantha maiz-tablasensisVAR ?UKNOWN?I bought it on ebay and the seller said that the old man that took care of them hasn't done so for a few years yet this survived in a green house.Since then I potted them on a south-facing windowsill and waterd them very very lightly. I...
    I have this Coryphantha maiz-tablasensisVAR ?UKNOWN?I bought it on ebay and the seller said that the old man that took care of them hasn't done so for a few years yet this survived in a green house.Since then I potted them on a...
    I have this Coryphantha maiz-tablasensisVAR ?UKNOWN?I bought it on ebay and the seller said that the old man that took care of them hasn't done so for a few years yet this survived in a green...
    Screenshot_20210511-204724_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210511-204727_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210511-204738_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210511-210609_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210511-210558_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210511-210746_Gallery.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Michael Hewett
    Like x 4

Flowering Haworthia

Haworthia cooperi flowering ...
    H cooperi (3).jpg H cooperi (2).jpg H cooperi.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Michael Hewett

ID required

Thanks @pete, I have looked at some you tubes and now believe it is Echeveria affinis 'Black Knight'
    Thanks @pete, I have looked at some you tubes and now believe it is Echeveria affinis 'Black Knight'
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Victoria

Specific Identification

There are two varieties of C. ovata with different leaf shapes to the 'normal' one. One variety has been named 'Golum' and the other 'Hobit'. They seem to have elongated leaves. I believe Golum...
    There are two varieties of C. ovata with different leaf shapes to the 'normal' one. One variety has been named 'Golum' and the other 'Hobit'. They seem to have elongated leaves. I believe Golum has cup shapes ends to the leaves and Hobit has spoon shaped leaves. I have several Golums myself,...
    There are two varieties of C. ovata with different leaf shapes to the 'normal' one. One variety has been named 'Golum' and the other 'Hobit'. They seem to have elongated leaves. I believe Golum has cup shapes ends to the leaves and Hobit has...
    There are two varieties of C. ovata with different leaf shapes to the 'normal' one. One variety has been named 'Golum' and the other 'Hobit'. They seem to have elongated leaves. I believe Golum...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. DazzerLancs

Lithop and queen of the night seedling?

I'll stick with them, I agree they all seem to look alike at that stage.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Barders

Learning resource recommendation please

Hi All,I’ve just got a little job (today very excited) in a private estate and part of the role will be working with the Lady of the house who loves succulents. I don’t have a lot of experience...
    Hi All,I’ve just got a little job (today very excited) in a private estate and part of the role will be working with the Lady of the house who loves succulents. I don’t have a lot of experience with houseplants as it is, and even less with succulents, so wondered if anyone could recommend a...
    Hi All,I’ve just got a little job (today very excited) in a private estate and part of the role will be working with the Lady of the house who loves succulents. I don’t have a lot of experience with houseplants as it is, and even less with...
    Hi All,I’ve just got a little job (today very excited) in a private estate and part of the role will be working with the Lady of the house who loves succulents. I don’t have a lot of experience...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Michael Hewett

Rhipsalis cuttings

She said she was going to try both methods. I will let you know. I only know her in another forum so I'll have to ask her next time I go on it.
    She said she was going to try both methods. I will let you know. I only know her in another forum so I'll have to ask her next time I go on it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. ChrisM6

Sedum ID please

Spot on! I just found a label from the original pot that says "Sedum Album Coral Carpet". Between it and our profuse flowering of Sedum Rupestre Angelina growing with gusto in our front gravel...
    Spot on! I just found a label from the original pot that says "Sedum Album Coral Carpet". Between it and our profuse flowering of Sedum Rupestre Angelina growing with gusto in our front gravel garden, I've come to really appreciate the merits of such plants. They also suit our eclectic...
    Spot on! I just found a label from the original pot that says "Sedum Album Coral Carpet". Between it and our profuse flowering of Sedum Rupestre Angelina growing with gusto in our front gravel garden, I've come to really appreciate the merits...
    Spot on! I just found a label from the original pot that says "Sedum Album Coral Carpet". Between it and our profuse flowering of Sedum Rupestre Angelina growing with gusto in our front gravel...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Fof

Dorotheanthus bellidiformis (Livingstone Daisy)

Thanks, guys Confusion reigns. In my own head, I tend to use mesembryanthemum, but can never remember how to spell it, so I used the packet name. I'm in far west Cornwall, and am constantly trying...
    Thanks, guys Confusion reigns. In my own head, I tend to use mesembryanthemum, but can never remember how to spell it, so I used the packet name. I'm in far west Cornwall, and am constantly trying new plants, to see how they go. Eg. I put in 3 Prostanthera cuneata and 3 Prostanthera...
    Thanks, guys Confusion reigns. In my own head, I tend to use mesembryanthemum, but can never remember how to spell it, so I used the packet name. I'm in far west Cornwall, and am constantly trying new plants, to see how they go. Eg. I put in 3...
    Thanks, guys Confusion reigns. In my own head, I tend to use mesembryanthemum, but can never remember how to spell it, so I used the packet name. I'm in far west Cornwall, and am constantly trying...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Michael Hewett
    Like x 3

Hatiora rosea

Only two flowers on my Hatiora rosea this year, but it nearly died so I'm surprised to see any flowers at all ...
    Only two flowers on my Hatiora rosea this year, but it nearly died so I'm surprised to see any flowers at all ...
    127_1254.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice