1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Cacti and Succulents

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. nikirushka

Pruning a money plant?

"How to Prune a Money Tree to Keep the Leaves Low to the Twisted Trunk Without the Long Stems1 Snip back stems just in front of a leaf or node to remove length. Cut no more than 1/3 of a stem...
    "How to Prune a Money Tree to Keep the Leaves Low to the Twisted Trunk Without the Long Stems1 Snip back stems just in front of a leaf or node to remove length. Cut no more than 1/3 of a stem and snip it at a 45 degree angle to promote new growth.2 Cut out dead twigs to keep the money tree...
    "How to Prune a Money Tree to Keep the Leaves Low to the Twisted Trunk Without the Long Stems1 Snip back stems just in front of a leaf or node to remove length. Cut no more than 1/3 of a stem and snip it at a 45 degree angle to promote new...
    "How to Prune a Money Tree to Keep the Leaves Low to the Twisted Trunk Without the Long Stems1 Snip back stems just in front of a leaf or node to remove length. Cut no more than 1/3 of a stem...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. nikirushka

Aloe not happy

I would water mine quite often (daily probably) and it was going brown/squidgy so we stopped watering it as often, I do it once a week now and it seems to have done the trick! All normal again.
    I would water mine quite often (daily probably) and it was going brown/squidgy so we stopped watering it as often, I do it once a week now and it seems to have done the trick! All normal again.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Mark Davies
    Like x 4

Aloe polyphylla

I had to google that Puya - spectacular! I'm growing Puya coerulea var. violacea and P.mirabilis. They germinate easily but seem to take ages to get going. Then suddenly they're off.
    I had to google that Puya - spectacular! I'm growing Puya coerulea var. violacea and P.mirabilis. They germinate easily but seem to take ages to get going. Then suddenly they're off.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. strongylodon
    Like x 8

My Succulents

Keith, the third and fourth plants on the right hand tray are Echeverias.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. gjohnsonoc

Zone 7

35F as a nightime minimum? If so, I'm sure you could grow many types of Opuntia, just avoid the ones that come from the tropics.
    35F as a nightime minimum? If so, I'm sure you could grow many types of Opuntia, just avoid the ones that come from the tropics.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Phil A

Welcome

Yep just renewed my own membership costs just £15 which includes the quarterly journal but not the yearly book, I also attend local monthly meetings
    Yep just renewed my own membership costs just £15 which includes the quarterly journal but not the yearly book, I also attend local monthly meetings
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Rich

An unusual succulent in flower.

i want one :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Liz

Rooting Christmas cactus

I accidently knocked some stems off my Christmas cactus recently (too many people partying round my house!!), I put them in a glass of water on the window sill. They're got a few little roots now...
    I accidently knocked some stems off my Christmas cactus recently (too many people partying round my house!!), I put them in a glass of water on the window sill. They're got a few little roots now so I'll plant them up properly. I prefer to do it this way cos I can see what's happening.
    I accidently knocked some stems off my Christmas cactus recently (too many people partying round my house!!), I put them in a glass of water on the window sill. They're got a few little roots now so I'll plant them up properly. I prefer to do...
    I accidently knocked some stems off my Christmas cactus recently (too many people partying round my house!!), I put them in a glass of water on the window sill. They're got a few little roots now...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Ynnead

Jatropha care

YnneadI have three and just use multi compost. As @pete says, mine live outdoors permanently but I do lose leaves in the Winter, although I don't get frost or even get near zero.Jatropha...
    YnneadI have three and just use multi compost. As @pete says, mine live outdoors permanently but I do lose leaves in the Winter, although I don't get frost or even get near zero.Jatropha multifida
    YnneadI have three and just use multi compost. As @pete says, mine live outdoors permanently but I do lose leaves in the Winter, although I don't get frost or even get near zero.Jatropha multifida
    YnneadI have three and just use multi compost. As @pete says, mine live outdoors permanently but I do lose leaves in the Winter, although I don't get frost or even get near zero.Jatropha...
    Welcome Tropical2.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Fof

Ariocarpus kotscheubeyanus (maybe)

ariocarpus kotschoubeyanus - Recherche Google
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Selleri

Senecio Curio Articulatus winter care

I've just seen this thread, and my curiousity was piqued by the name of the plant, i.e. Senecio Curio Articulatus. It seems the taxonomists have been having a field day, with this one. Some...
    I've just seen this thread, and my curiousity was piqued by the name of the plant, i.e. Senecio Curio Articulatus. It seems the taxonomists have been having a field day, with this one. Some years ago, when I grew C&S, I knew this as Kleinia articulata, which at some point became Senecio...
    I've just seen this thread, and my curiousity was piqued by the name of the plant, i.e. Senecio Curio Articulatus. It seems the taxonomists have been having a field day, with this one. Some years ago, when I grew C&S, I knew this as Kleinia...
    I've just seen this thread, and my curiousity was piqued by the name of the plant, i.e. Senecio Curio Articulatus. It seems the taxonomists have been having a field day, with this one. Some...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Michael Hewett

Danyz

Why do you think it's diseased @Victoria ? There's a raised coloured pattern on the leaves and the flowers are going over but I thought some of them still looked all right. They are on a long...
    Why do you think it's diseased @Victoria ? There's a raised coloured pattern on the leaves and the flowers are going over but I thought some of them still looked all right. They are on a long spike..
    Why do you think it's diseased @Victoria ? There's a raised coloured pattern on the leaves and the flowers are going over but I thought some of them still looked all right. They are on a long spike..
    Why do you think it's diseased @Victoria ? There's a raised coloured pattern on the leaves and the flowers are going over but I thought some of them still looked all right. They are on a long...
    127_3963.jpg 127_3964.jpg Alos Danyz.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. DazzerLancs

Lithop and queen of the night seedling?

I'll stick with them, I agree they all seem to look alike at that stage.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. EamonnB

Lewisia cotyledon

Lower leaves going limp is a sign that they've too much water.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Michael Hewett
    Like x 4

Rhipsalis baccifera

Cousin Itt has been moved to the North side now from the East side as Itt was getting in the way of my chair in the corner ...
    Cousin Itt has been moved to the North side now from the East side as Itt was getting in the way of my chair in the corner ...
    016.jpg Cousin Itt 1 June 22.jpg Rhipsalis baccifera 1 May.jpg Cousin 30 Apr 23.jpg Cousin2 30 Apr 23.jpg Ripsa;is1 3 Jun 23.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Clare G

Halloween succulents: are these for real?

Just to report that when I examined one on my supermarket trip this morning, it'd clearly been given quite a clever two-tone spray paint job. The natural green was visible where a bit of paint had...
    Just to report that when I examined one on my supermarket trip this morning, it'd clearly been given quite a clever two-tone spray paint job. The natural green was visible where a bit of paint had flaked off underneath!
    Just to report that when I examined one on my supermarket trip this morning, it'd clearly been given quite a clever two-tone spray paint job. The natural green was visible where a bit of paint had flaked off underneath!
    Just to report that when I examined one on my supermarket trip this morning, it'd clearly been given quite a clever two-tone spray paint job. The natural green was visible where a bit of paint had...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Clare G

Is this an opuntia? Can I revive it?

Here's another photo taken today, to show how much happier it is looking after some extra watering - amazing how quickly the leaves have straightened up and got greener and plumper and shinier....
    Here's another photo taken today, to show how much happier it is looking after some extra watering - amazing how quickly the leaves have straightened up and got greener and plumper and shinier. Many thanks to @Selleri and @pete for your good advice!
    Here's another photo taken today, to show how much happier it is looking after some extra watering - amazing how quickly the leaves have straightened up and got greener and plumper and shinier. Many thanks to @Selleri and @pete for your good...
    Here's another photo taken today, to show how much happier it is looking after some extra watering - amazing how quickly the leaves have straightened up and got greener and plumper and shinier....
    P6220955.JPG P6250957.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Victoria

Succulent ID

I am thinking it is the A urbicum. Aeonium urbicum (Saucer Plant) - World of Succulents I will put it down in The Jungle Room with the dark one I have.
    I am thinking it is the A urbicum. Aeonium urbicum (Saucer Plant) - World of Succulents I will put it down in The Jungle Room with the dark one I have.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. 43576

Name of this cacti please?

Hi @43576 Michael’s I.D. looks spot on to me :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. PhilC

Christmas cactus cuttings, do i remove the developing buds?

All I can say is, if you will root cuttings at totally the wrong time of the year. :yikes: You deserve all you get. :roflol:
    All I can say is, if you will root cuttings at totally the wrong time of the year. :yikes: You deserve all you get. :roflol:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice