Thanks again Michael you’ve been a great help :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Lem
    Like x 6

Ferocactus Horridus

@Michael Hewett hi Michael, I’ve been interested in cactus for around 20 +yrs and once had an enormous collection which was ruined by weather and unruly kids I guess, some kids we’re always...
    @Michael Hewett hi Michael, I’ve been interested in cactus for around 20 +yrs and once had an enormous collection which was ruined by weather and unruly kids I guess, some kids we’re always breaking pane’s of glass and in the end I give it up. It’s just since the COVID lockdowns, I started...
    @Michael Hewett hi Michael, I’ve been interested in cactus for around 20 +yrs and once had an enormous collection which was ruined by weather and unruly kids I guess, some kids we’re always breaking pane’s of glass and in the end I give it...
    @Michael Hewett hi Michael, I’ve been interested in cactus for around 20 +yrs and once had an enormous collection which was ruined by weather and unruly kids I guess, some kids we’re always...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Tabbee

Help please with succulent ID and care

@Tabbee Not sure if you managed to ID the succulent in the first picture, but here you go, it’s a Crassula Muscosa, also known as Watch chain plant , hope this helps :)
    @Tabbee Not sure if you managed to ID the succulent in the first picture, but here you go, it’s a Crassula Muscosa, also known as Watch chain plant , hope this helps :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Michael Hewett
    Like x 7

Rhipsalis pilocarpa

Thank you @Ucook55
    Thank you @Ucook55
    Thank you @Ucook55
    Thank you @Ucook55
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Snorky85

Lithops

Well I think there are different species and I'm not an expert, but nothing grows in the gloom we have between now and february.When they get adult I find there are summer flowing ones and...
    Well I think there are different species and I'm not an expert, but nothing grows in the gloom we have between now and february.When they get adult I find there are summer flowing ones and autumn flowering ones, but once flowered they tend to go dormant again, for 8 months:biggrin: They really are...
    Well I think there are different species and I'm not an expert, but nothing grows in the gloom we have between now and february.When they get adult I find there are summer flowing ones and autumn flowering ones, but once flowered they tend to...
    Well I think there are different species and I'm not an expert, but nothing grows in the gloom we have between now and february.When they get adult I find there are summer flowing ones and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Michael Hewett

Orange berries

Actually I don't find it east to propagate from cuttings, they just don't seem to 'take' , I must be doing something wrong.
    Actually I don't find it east to propagate from cuttings, they just don't seem to 'take' , I must be doing something wrong.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Michael Hewett
    Like x 4

Rebutia senilis flowering now

I've seen your photos on that thread @KFF
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Michael Hewett
    Like x 7

Rhipsalis campos-portoana

Thank you @Selleri , I have several different types of these and many of them flower. Yes they do resemble snowdrops :)
    Thank you @Selleri , I have several different types of these and many of them flower. Yes they do resemble snowdrops :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. strongylodon

Agave pups

Usually if you knock out the rootball you can just pull back the pup and the long stolon that it has grown on just comes away up to the main plant, where you can cut it off. Often this doesn't...
    Usually if you knock out the rootball you can just pull back the pup and the long stolon that it has grown on just comes away up to the main plant, where you can cut it off. Often this doesn't really disturb the main rootball very much.
    Usually if you knock out the rootball you can just pull back the pup and the long stolon that it has grown on just comes away up to the main plant, where you can cut it off. Often this doesn't really disturb the main rootball very much.
    Usually if you knock out the rootball you can just pull back the pup and the long stolon that it has grown on just comes away up to the main plant, where you can cut it off. Often this doesn't...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. pete
    Like x 3

growing cacti outside in cold conditions.

I had some success with a large Opuntia over a couple of mild winters but then an average winter killed them. This far inland is probably pushing it a bit. Most of my Cacti (and succulents) are...
    I had some success with a large Opuntia over a couple of mild winters but then an average winter killed them. This far inland is probably pushing it a bit. Most of my Cacti (and succulents) are outdoors on staging that is protected overhead to keep them dry. If it gets bitter they get put into...
    I had some success with a large Opuntia over a couple of mild winters but then an average winter killed them. This far inland is probably pushing it a bit. Most of my Cacti (and succulents) are outdoors on staging that is protected overhead to...
    I had some success with a large Opuntia over a couple of mild winters but then an average winter killed them. This far inland is probably pushing it a bit. Most of my Cacti (and succulents) are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. nikirushka

Agave attenuata

Plant it out in the summer. And then lift and bring indoors in October
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. miraflores
    Like x 4

confined for space?

And mine :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Frxv300

Echinocereus dasyacanthus or Lobivia

thanksmore pictures
    thanksmore pictures
    thanksmore pictures
    thanksmore pictures
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Brewman

Path Idea

wouldn't be better to have some big stepping stones and the succulents more on the side?
    wouldn't be better to have some big stepping stones and the succulents more on the side?
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Michael Cumming

My cactus = what is it?

I agree.When you do repot, do so carefully. The pads break off very easily.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. phalnoob

cactus seeds

Thanks. Will keep posted on how all goes
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Jan H

Christmas Cactus

OK Sirius.....I feel a trip to B&Q coming on in my lunch-break!:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. hattersmatters

Cactus identification

Thanks for the help and identification! The reason i have been asked to find out if it can be pruned is that it has grown to 8ft tall and is now too big for the conservatory.
    Thanks for the help and identification! The reason i have been asked to find out if it can be pruned is that it has grown to 8ft tall and is now too big for the conservatory.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. BastLoki

Urgent help for a christmas cactus?

Yes, cutting root easily from this. (Schlumbergera)Val
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. John Stevenson

Poorly Cactus

Thanks to all for your advice
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice