Cacti and Succulents

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. kyleleonard

Cacti Seed Potting Advice

I live in an apartment and don't have much surface space in the kitchen area - plus we find them quite ugly and after 2.5 years of living here, we've never really needed one :biggrin: I always find they...
    I live in an apartment and don't have much surface space in the kitchen area - plus we find them quite ugly and after 2.5 years of living here, we've never really needed one :biggrin: I always find they damage the area they're on top of and we don't want to lose our deposit.My parents' broke last year...
    I live in an apartment and don't have much surface space in the kitchen area - plus we find them quite ugly and after 2.5 years of living here, we've never really needed one :biggrin: I always find they damage the area they're on top of and we don't want...
    I live in an apartment and don't have much surface space in the kitchen area - plus we find them quite ugly and after 2.5 years of living here, we've never really needed one :biggrin: I always find they...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Lem
    Like x 3

Whats your most spine'd Cactus

I’ve got a very young one grown from dragon fruit, and I agree with you totally, the spines look harmless just like hair, but get them in your hands and their terrible :hhog:
    I’ve got a very young one grown from dragon fruit, and I agree with you totally, the spines look harmless just like hair, but get them in your hands and their terrible :hhog:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. strongylodon
    Like x 5

Cactus garden!

I saw a video of two big horn sheep having a bit of a fight. I dont know what the horns or skull is made of but you wouldn't want to get in the way of one of them.:yikes:
    I saw a video of two big horn sheep having a bit of a fight. I dont know what the horns or skull is made of but you wouldn't want to get in the way of one of them.:yikes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Phil A
    Like x 6

Cuttings

I did :)
    DSC_0112.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Simon Smith
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. DaveP

Worth waking-up for...

Haha, Yes I had the white one for a few months and then I mistakenly left it in the care of my mother:frown: I've now got some more and have a small collection of 15 cuttings of different cultivars...
    Haha, Yes I had the white one for a few months and then I mistakenly left it in the care of my mother:frown: I've now got some more and have a small collection of 15 cuttings of different cultivars in a number of states of growth:hapfeet: You know me far to well Pete I'd love a bit of your Pink one as...
    Haha, Yes I had the white one for a few months and then I mistakenly left it in the care of my mother:frown: I've now got some more and have a small collection of 15 cuttings of different cultivars in a number of states of growth:hapfeet: You know me far...
    Haha, Yes I had the white one for a few months and then I mistakenly left it in the care of my mother:frown: I've now got some more and have a small collection of 15 cuttings of different cultivars...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. roders

Christmas Cactus(again)

That is gorgeous roders! A lot more buds to still open too, a real show.I thought mine was looking nice when we got back off holiday end of last week, but now ............A question, is yours...
    That is gorgeous roders! A lot more buds to still open too, a real show.I thought mine was looking nice when we got back off holiday end of last week, but now ............A question, is yours rather pot-bound? mine is/are.
    That is gorgeous roders! A lot more buds to still open too, a real show.I thought mine was looking nice when we got back off holiday end of last week, but now ............A question, is yours rather pot-bound? mine is/are.
    That is gorgeous roders! A lot more buds to still open too, a real show.I thought mine was looking nice when we got back off holiday end of last week, but now ............A question, is yours...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Victoria
    Like x 7

House of Succulents in Italy

I came across one pic today too:
    Screenshot_20230603_002028_Chrome.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. IceColdRum

Does anyone grow Rebutia? (Aylostera, Sulcorebutia, Weingartia etc.)

What lovely plants @IceColdRum ... I feel like sending for some myself
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. ms_flower

My Christmas Cactus

Having read this thread, I will take to putting my Christmas Cactus out in summer. I have never done that also mine always seem to flower in October, not in December. The flowers (I'm sure) were...
    Having read this thread, I will take to putting my Christmas Cactus out in summer. I have never done that also mine always seem to flower in October, not in December. The flowers (I'm sure) were bright red when I bought it but I now get a lovely shade of pinkish flowers. Have had the plant for...
    Having read this thread, I will take to putting my Christmas Cactus out in summer. I have never done that also mine always seem to flower in October, not in December. The flowers (I'm sure) were bright red when I bought it but I now get a lovely...
    Having read this thread, I will take to putting my Christmas Cactus out in summer. I have never done that also mine always seem to flower in October, not in December. The flowers (I'm sure) were...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Markymark

Pup removal (Aloe?) and what is this other succulent?

Maybe the problem with the weak-looking shoots is that it's in too warm a place. The winter is dark, and succulents need a cool place with little or no water, because they should become dormant....
    Maybe the problem with the weak-looking shoots is that it's in too warm a place. The winter is dark, and succulents need a cool place with little or no water, because they should become dormant. Growing in the dark winter will lead to elongated weak shoots.
    Maybe the problem with the weak-looking shoots is that it's in too warm a place. The winter is dark, and succulents need a cool place with little or no water, because they should become dormant. Growing in the dark winter will lead to elongated...
    Maybe the problem with the weak-looking shoots is that it's in too warm a place. The winter is dark, and succulents need a cool place with little or no water, because they should become dormant....
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. dowtish

Cactus ID

Got them all (eventually !)
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. BigC

Unidentified Prickly Friends

No.3 looks rather like a Parodia species to me - maybeThe one near the window looks like a slightly small, very light depleted Echeveria agavoides. Very, very cold hardy if it is.
    No.3 looks rather like a Parodia species to me - maybeThe one near the window looks like a slightly small, very light depleted Echeveria agavoides. Very, very cold hardy if it is.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Michael Hewett
    Like x 13

Flowering now

My two lots of multi coloured heathers are still going strong :yay:
    102_3292.jpg IMG_0492.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. rosietutu

Christmas flowering cacti

Ones for last Christmas and one for this Christmas;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. nFrost

Dying Cactus [Solved]

It's recovering, I told her everything you said and she has been just watering at the sides of the pot and letting it sort of soak across or whatever the technical term is. Wahoo! Thanks all.
    It's recovering, I told her everything you said and she has been just watering at the sides of the pot and letting it sort of soak across or whatever the technical term is. Wahoo! Thanks all.
    20140316_131541.jpg 20140316_131545.jpg 20140316_131551.jpg 20140316_131555.jpg 20140503_143222.jpg 20140503_143238.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. RandyRos

cactus and carrot

Wee Wheelie Chilly......:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Jasmine star
    Like x 5

Flowering Melocactus.

Not sure if Melocactus is self fertile. If it is, it's easy as you say, but as it has flowered before and not produced seed I'm I'm think maybe it needs another Melocactus of a different clone...
    Not sure if Melocactus is self fertile. If it is, it's easy as you say, but as it has flowered before and not produced seed I'm I'm think maybe it needs another Melocactus of a different clone to pollinate it.Hybrids will work with some cacti but not all.
    Not sure if Melocactus is self fertile. If it is, it's easy as you say, but as it has flowered before and not produced seed I'm I'm think maybe it needs another Melocactus of a different clone to pollinate it.Hybrids will work with some...
    Not sure if Melocactus is self fertile. If it is, it's easy as you say, but as it has flowered before and not produced seed I'm I'm think maybe it needs another Melocactus of a different clone...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. greenfingers

Christmas Flowering Cactus

Well done roders! I always prized myself that my pink one was more than super but your red one is absolutely fantastic!
    Well done roders! I always prized myself that my pink one was more than super but your red one is absolutely fantastic!
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Honey Bee

Calling all Cactus Experts!!!!!!!!

HB, I don't want to put you off but I was given a packet of "cactus" seeds from Tenerife by a friend a few years ago and all that came up was some varieties of grass and cereals. :( I hope...
    HB, I don't want to put you off but I was given a packet of "cactus" seeds from Tenerife by a friend a few years ago and all that came up was some varieties of grass and cereals. :( I hope yours are the real thing.
    HB, I don't want to put you off but I was given a packet of "cactus" seeds from Tenerife by a friend a few years ago and all that came up was some varieties of grass and cereals. :( I hope yours are the real thing.
    HB, I don't want to put you off but I was given a packet of "cactus" seeds from Tenerife by a friend a few years ago and all that came up was some varieties of grass and cereals. :( I hope...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice