1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Cacti and Succulents

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↑ Views
Last Message
  1. Michael Hewett

Peperomia

Peperomia ferreyrae is a succulent plant native to tropical forests in Peru, where it grows on the shadey forest floor.It's named after Alejandro Huerta Ramón Ferreyra - a Peruvian botanist.I...
    Peperomia ferreyrae is a succulent plant native to tropical forests in Peru, where it grows on the shadey forest floor.It's named after Alejandro Huerta Ramón Ferreyra - a Peruvian botanist.I bought it in Lidl several years ago and it flowers every year
    Peperomia ferreyrae is a succulent plant native to tropical forests in Peru, where it grows on the shadey forest floor.It's named after Alejandro Huerta Ramón Ferreyra - a Peruvian botanist.I bought it in Lidl several years ago and it flowers...
    Peperomia ferreyrae is a succulent plant native to tropical forests in Peru, where it grows on the shadey forest floor.It's named after Alejandro Huerta Ramón Ferreyra - a Peruvian botanist.I...
    101_8751.jpg 101_8753.jpg 101_8754.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Phil A
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Mr_slinky_dragon

ceropegia fusca

has anyone here had any luck with rooting cuttings of these? i'm getting some from tenerife in september and want to know how easy they are from cuttings :)
    has anyone here had any luck with rooting cuttings of these? i'm getting some from tenerife in september and want to know how easy they are from cuttings :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. sal73

Agaves the beauty and the beast

I`ve recently start to collect Agaves , I didn`t even know that there are so many e they go from tropical to desert , at the moment I`m dividing them as the hardy and ugly and the soft and pretty...
    I`ve recently start to collect Agaves , I didn`t even know that there are so many e they go from tropical to desert , at the moment I`m dividing them as the hardy and ugly and the soft and pretty , please just help me with find few more variety .along with the hardiness . Agave Macho Mocha...
    I`ve recently start to collect Agaves , I didn`t even know that there are so many e they go from tropical to desert , at the moment I`m dividing them as the hardy and ugly and the soft and pretty , please just help me with find few more variety...
    I`ve recently start to collect Agaves , I didn`t even know that there are so many e they go from tropical to desert , at the moment I`m dividing them as the hardy and ugly and the soft and pretty...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. PaulThor

Sad Cactus

My girlfriend has two small cactus/cacti and they aren't doing so well. I have attached a photo in the hope that someone may have some advice. The one on the left used to be as fat as the pot that...
    My girlfriend has two small cactus/cacti and they aren't doing so well. I have attached a photo in the hope that someone may have some advice. The one on the left used to be as fat as the pot that it's in. She had them inside for years and for no apparent reason they started changing. She now...
    My girlfriend has two small cactus/cacti and they aren't doing so well. I have attached a photo in the hope that someone may have some advice. The one on the left used to be as fat as the pot that it's in. She had them inside for years and for no...
    My girlfriend has two small cactus/cacti and they aren't doing so well. I have attached a photo in the hope that someone may have some advice. The one on the left used to be as fat as the pot that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Victoria

Specific Identification

There are two varieties of C. ovata with different leaf shapes to the 'normal' one. One variety has been named 'Golum' and the other 'Hobit'. They seem to have elongated leaves. I believe Golum...
    There are two varieties of C. ovata with different leaf shapes to the 'normal' one. One variety has been named 'Golum' and the other 'Hobit'. They seem to have elongated leaves. I believe Golum has cup shapes ends to the leaves and Hobit has spoon shaped leaves. I have several Golums myself,...
    There are two varieties of C. ovata with different leaf shapes to the 'normal' one. One variety has been named 'Golum' and the other 'Hobit'. They seem to have elongated leaves. I believe Golum has cup shapes ends to the leaves and Hobit has...
    There are two varieties of C. ovata with different leaf shapes to the 'normal' one. One variety has been named 'Golum' and the other 'Hobit'. They seem to have elongated leaves. I believe Golum...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Michael Hewett
    Like x 5

Aeoniums

Those first two are stunning Michael! I've only got Schwarzkopf but the wish-list has suddenly grown :biggrin:
    Those first two are stunning Michael! I've only got Schwarzkopf but the wish-list has suddenly grown :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Michael Hewett
    Like x 3

Rhipsalis campos-portoana ...

Still more than my Rhipsalis ever has!
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Victoria
    Like x 3

Kalanchoe thyrsiflora 'Red Lips'

That's wonderful ! I've got several of them and hope they will flower one day.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Michael Hewett
    Like x 8

Cacti ready for spring

Nice collection Michael, good idea, to move them out for the summer.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. kindredspirit
    Like x 5

Some cactus, which grow outside all year around.

Do you leave the Aeoniums out all year as well?
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Massimo

Neglected Cacti

I think you have three different cacti in the same pot there. Possibly four. I'd be inclined to put them in separate pots in some new compost. You can cut off any obviously dead parts,but only...
    I think you have three different cacti in the same pot there. Possibly four. I'd be inclined to put them in separate pots in some new compost. You can cut off any obviously dead parts,but only one appears to have been badly affected.
    I think you have three different cacti in the same pot there. Possibly four. I'd be inclined to put them in separate pots in some new compost. You can cut off any obviously dead parts,but only one appears to have been badly affected.
    I think you have three different cacti in the same pot there. Possibly four. I'd be inclined to put them in separate pots in some new compost. You can cut off any obviously dead parts,but only...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Scotty2088

Plant ID please

Looks a bit like a money tree, you dont actually prune them, although you can if you want to.Any cut off pieces make good cuttings.
    Looks a bit like a money tree, you dont actually prune them, although you can if you want to.Any cut off pieces make good cuttings.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Kleftiwallah

Back from a holiday on Lanzarote.

Oh, You'll be okay, Tony........................:heehee::loll:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. longk
    Like x 3

Kalanchoe x houghtonii

Want one of those,
    Want one of those,
    Want one of those,
    Want one of those,
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. leonora

New to cacti and succulents

Do you have an open patio to grow them on??They like a well drained, open mix.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. sal73

Aeonium Arboreum

Grown a few Aeoniums but not good at ID. All I can say is light levels play a big part in how they grow/look. I'd give all of them full sun and dryish in summer. They can grow out of character...
    Grown a few Aeoniums but not good at ID. All I can say is light levels play a big part in how they grow/look. I'd give all of them full sun and dryish in summer. They can grow out of character if forced or grown in shade,
    Grown a few Aeoniums but not good at ID. All I can say is light levels play a big part in how they grow/look. I'd give all of them full sun and dryish in summer. They can grow out of character if forced or grown in shade,
    Grown a few Aeoniums but not good at ID. All I can say is light levels play a big part in how they grow/look. I'd give all of them full sun and dryish in summer. They can grow out of character...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Duffy

Cacti help please

Looking at the pics Duffy, you appear to have "grafted" cacti, ie, a specific cacti has been grafted onto a rootstock, I suggest it was not a flower.In pics one and two I would guess the grafted...
    Looking at the pics Duffy, you appear to have "grafted" cacti, ie, a specific cacti has been grafted onto a rootstock, I suggest it was not a flower.In pics one and two I would guess the grafted plant has died and the shoots are from the rootstock, in pic three we have one of those shoots...
    Looking at the pics Duffy, you appear to have "grafted" cacti, ie, a specific cacti has been grafted onto a rootstock, I suggest it was not a flower.In pics one and two I would guess the grafted plant has died and the shoots are from the...
    Looking at the pics Duffy, you appear to have "grafted" cacti, ie, a specific cacti has been grafted onto a rootstock, I suggest it was not a flower.In pics one and two I would guess the grafted...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Sneaker

Need help unloading our Harissia Cactus ...

Cant really help much Sneaker,as I'm in a similar situation with a couple of cacti myself. It sounds like its a massive plant, has it flowered well, by the way?I dont think if it was me I...
    Cant really help much Sneaker,as I'm in a similar situation with a couple of cacti myself. It sounds like its a massive plant, has it flowered well, by the way?I dont think if it was me I would be wanting it to go to a restaurant, they usually treat plants as decoration and throw them out...
    Cant really help much Sneaker,as I'm in a similar situation with a couple of cacti myself. It sounds like its a massive plant, has it flowered well, by the way?I dont think if it was me I would be wanting it to go to a restaurant, they...
    Cant really help much Sneaker,as I'm in a similar situation with a couple of cacti myself. It sounds like its a massive plant, has it flowered well, by the way?I dont think if it was me I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Michael Hewett

New Succulents :)

Thank you @pete, it is actually an Aeonium called 'Bluebird'. It's relatively new and was a cutting when I bought it so the stem is very short at the moment. It looks as if it has rooted so I'm...
    Thank you @pete, it is actually an Aeonium called 'Bluebird'. It's relatively new and was a cutting when I bought it so the stem is very short at the moment. It looks as if it has rooted so I'm hoping it will grow a bit now.
    Thank you @pete, it is actually an Aeonium called 'Bluebird'. It's relatively new and was a cutting when I bought it so the stem is very short at the moment. It looks as if it has rooted so I'm hoping it will grow a bit now.
    Thank you @pete, it is actually an Aeonium called 'Bluebird'. It's relatively new and was a cutting when I bought it so the stem is very short at the moment. It looks as if it has rooted so I'm...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice