1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Cacti and Succulents

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. Bren

Calandiva help.

I'd not repot it, as I say it is basically a flowering pot plant. They can be grown on after flowering but without ideal conditions, ie a greenhouse etc. it is unlikely to flower well next year...
    I'd not repot it, as I say it is basically a flowering pot plant. They can be grown on after flowering but without ideal conditions, ie a greenhouse etc. it is unlikely to flower well next year and will probably grow leggy and un attractive, losing its compact shape etc.
    I'd not repot it, as I say it is basically a flowering pot plant. They can be grown on after flowering but without ideal conditions, ie a greenhouse etc. it is unlikely to flower well next year and will probably grow leggy and un attractive,...
    I'd not repot it, as I say it is basically a flowering pot plant. They can be grown on after flowering but without ideal conditions, ie a greenhouse etc. it is unlikely to flower well next year...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Michael Hewett
    Like x 9

Cacti flowering now ...

@Michael Hewett I hope they do grow well for you & flower next year as well! :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. pamsdish

Cacti at Aldi

Given them 2 good sprayings with soapy water, will get some meths when out shopping .:eeew:
    Given them 2 good sprayings with soapy water, will get some meths when out shopping .:eeew:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Snorky85

Repot all together in a trough?

Hi @PaulB3 That picture was took at a garden centre and I always love to see cactus flowering..:cheers:for the name mate :)
    Hi @PaulB3 That picture was took at a garden centre and I always love to see cactus flowering..:cheers:for the name mate :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. miraflores

aloe vera

sal, I do agree that loads of plants are named Aloe vera by people who don't have a clue.But this is one i actually wouldnt bother with. There are so many fantastic miniature species of Aloe.
    sal, I do agree that loads of plants are named Aloe vera by people who don't have a clue.But this is one i actually wouldnt bother with. There are so many fantastic miniature species of Aloe.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Monty33

Where to buy succulent plugs ?

It can always be a continual work where larger pieces are removed and chicks from other plants added to the picture as and when it is needed.I like your suggestions of indoor and outdoor...
    It can always be a continual work where larger pieces are removed and chicks from other plants added to the picture as and when it is needed.I like your suggestions of indoor and outdoor versions with differing succulent types, gives me another project if nothing else.I certainly didn't...
    It can always be a continual work where larger pieces are removed and chicks from other plants added to the picture as and when it is needed.I like your suggestions of indoor and outdoor versions with differing succulent types, gives me another...
    It can always be a continual work where larger pieces are removed and chicks from other plants added to the picture as and when it is needed.I like your suggestions of indoor and outdoor...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. rosietutu

Christmas flowering cacti

Ones for last Christmas and one for this Christmas;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Snorky85

Succulents....cultivation

Well not quite the next day but here are pics of seed grown echiveria sown 10 months earlier. Half size seed traysEdit : He lied. Top ones are full sized seed trays
    Well not quite the next day but here are pics of seed grown echiveria sown 10 months earlier. Half size seed traysEdit : He lied. Top ones are full sized seed trays
    EF5D4606-10DA-472C-A175-1A31DAF73E6B.jpeg 76178FCD-2FB9-4440-BA26-F074EA176186.jpeg 71A93481-70FF-452F-8DB3-AF02A3DF0AF7.jpeg E044462B-811A-4A79-AB13-E5B50269AD2B.jpeg 971E3D15-5369-402C-B0EC-B2641E9AB079.jpeg B3699C17-1A18-4805-92A6-175DCE985A8D.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Phil A
    Like x 6

Cuttings

I did :)
    DSC_0112.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. longk
    Like x 6

Echeveria 2015

@sal73 here they are, after nearly three weeks under the snow.
    uploadfromtaptalk1423938172789.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1425048371535.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1425048412975.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Caveman

Overwintering cactus and succulents ....

Not a clear photo. But it looks like Euphorbia ferox to me. Agree with Sal on the rest I would say min 3*C. There aren't that many, so I would try keep them on a windowsill. No water, as even...
    Not a clear photo. But it looks like Euphorbia ferox to me. Agree with Sal on the rest I would say min 3*C. There aren't that many, so I would try keep them on a windowsill. No water, as even though it may be warmer indoors, they will etiolate due to the poor light.
    Not a clear photo. But it looks like Euphorbia ferox to me. Agree with Sal on the rest I would say min 3*C. There aren't that many, so I would try keep them on a windowsill. No water, as even though it may be warmer indoors, they will etiolate...
    Not a clear photo. But it looks like Euphorbia ferox to me. Agree with Sal on the rest I would say min 3*C. There aren't that many, so I would try keep them on a windowsill. No water, as even...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Simon Smith
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. longk
    Like x 9

Kalanchoe

@longk does the stem feel like velvet as it looks like it :scratch::thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. BastLoki

Urgent help for a christmas cactus?

Yes, cutting root easily from this. (Schlumbergera)Val
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. pete

Cacti

Mira for some reason your pic didn't come out. My camera isn't good at macro, but this is as close as I can get to my Euphorbia Obesa. Always makes me think of tartan, for some reason
    Mira for some reason your pic didn't come out. My camera isn't good at macro, but this is as close as I can get to my Euphorbia Obesa. Always makes me think of tartan, for some reason
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Mark Davies
    Like x 4

Aloe polyphylla

I had to google that Puya - spectacular! I'm growing Puya coerulea var. violacea and P.mirabilis. They germinate easily but seem to take ages to get going. Then suddenly they're off.
    I had to google that Puya - spectacular! I'm growing Puya coerulea var. violacea and P.mirabilis. They germinate easily but seem to take ages to get going. Then suddenly they're off.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. pete

Frozen cacti

In my Dads defence, he has not killed the Lavender that he bought. Trouble is that he will soon be moaning that they are taking the garden over! He is quite happy (and good at ) all the messing...
    In my Dads defence, he has not killed the Lavender that he bought. Trouble is that he will soon be moaning that they are taking the garden over! He is quite happy (and good at ) all the messing about that is needed to grow a few potatoes!
    In my Dads defence, he has not killed the Lavender that he bought. Trouble is that he will soon be moaning that they are taking the garden over! He is quite happy (and good at ) all the messing about that is needed to grow a few potatoes!
    In my Dads defence, he has not killed the Lavender that he bought. Trouble is that he will soon be moaning that they are taking the garden over! He is quite happy (and good at ) all the messing...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. DaveP

Worth waking-up for...

Haha, Yes I had the white one for a few months and then I mistakenly left it in the care of my mother:frown: I've now got some more and have a small collection of 15 cuttings of different cultivars...
    Haha, Yes I had the white one for a few months and then I mistakenly left it in the care of my mother:frown: I've now got some more and have a small collection of 15 cuttings of different cultivars in a number of states of growth:hapfeet: You know me far to well Pete I'd love a bit of your Pink one as...
    Haha, Yes I had the white one for a few months and then I mistakenly left it in the care of my mother:frown: I've now got some more and have a small collection of 15 cuttings of different cultivars in a number of states of growth:hapfeet: You know me far...
    Haha, Yes I had the white one for a few months and then I mistakenly left it in the care of my mother:frown: I've now got some more and have a small collection of 15 cuttings of different cultivars...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Phil A
    Like x 15

Skip find

The flowers go over in a few days but more coming :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. BastLoki

Mystery Kalanchoe ID?

It's Kalanchoe blossfeldiana
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice