It's Kalanchoe blossfeldiana
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. NigelJ
    Like x 6

Stapelia divaricata

@longk No it isn't whiffy, but this could be due to it being kept on the cool side. The flower was a bit of a surprise as I had expected something more textured like other stapeliads. Instead it...
    @longk No it isn't whiffy, but this could be due to it being kept on the cool side. The flower was a bit of a surprise as I had expected something more textured like other stapeliads. Instead it has the waxy look of a hoya.
    @longk No it isn't whiffy, but this could be due to it being kept on the cool side. The flower was a bit of a surprise as I had expected something more textured like other stapeliads. Instead it has the waxy look of a hoya.
    @longk No it isn't whiffy, but this could be due to it being kept on the cool side. The flower was a bit of a surprise as I had expected something more textured like other stapeliads. Instead it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. stephenprudence

Some Mesebryanthemums and other succulents, and dry tolerant plants around town.

Nice, love that Daisy, actually I love most of the Daisy family :dunno:.Here in Northampton we have entered the Britain in bloom celebrations (is it 50 or 75 years?), Ha! all we have are some planters...
    Nice, love that Daisy, actually I love most of the Daisy family :dunno:.Here in Northampton we have entered the Britain in bloom celebrations (is it 50 or 75 years?), Ha! all we have are some planters filled with Petunias hanging off some of the railings at road junctions, not seen 1 hanging basket...
    Nice, love that Daisy, actually I love most of the Daisy family :dunno:.Here in Northampton we have entered the Britain in bloom celebrations (is it 50 or 75 years?), Ha! all we have are some planters filled with Petunias hanging off some of the...
    Nice, love that Daisy, actually I love most of the Daisy family :dunno:.Here in Northampton we have entered the Britain in bloom celebrations (is it 50 or 75 years?), Ha! all we have are some planters...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. JackJJW
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Samakawy

cactus dish garden ?

The display looks very pretty, maybe it will be possible to just move the position of the plants according to growht rate once you put them in a bigger container. But, are you saying that they...
    The display looks very pretty, maybe it will be possible to just move the position of the plants according to growht rate once you put them in a bigger container. But, are you saying that they don't get natural light?
    The display looks very pretty, maybe it will be possible to just move the position of the plants according to growht rate once you put them in a bigger container. But, are you saying that they don't get natural light?
    The display looks very pretty, maybe it will be possible to just move the position of the plants according to growht rate once you put them in a bigger container. But, are you saying that they...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. LouFace

Cacti out of control

someof them look really nice i use garden canes to help keep my tall one that wants to run riot straight (ish). pete thanks for the info on taken cuttings never new that.
    someof them look really nice i use garden canes to help keep my tall one that wants to run riot straight (ish). pete thanks for the info on taken cuttings never new that.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. stbssn

Cactus with brown patches

I agree with Pete, to check if it needs water, I would stick my finger into the pot, and see if the compost further down feels wet or dry. Depending on location, I would perhaps suggest once...
    I agree with Pete, to check if it needs water, I would stick my finger into the pot, and see if the compost further down feels wet or dry. Depending on location, I would perhaps suggest once every two - three weeks for during the summer months, and around six-eight weeks in the winter, perhaps...
    I agree with Pete, to check if it needs water, I would stick my finger into the pot, and see if the compost further down feels wet or dry. Depending on location, I would perhaps suggest once every two - three weeks for during the summer months,...
    I agree with Pete, to check if it needs water, I would stick my finger into the pot, and see if the compost further down feels wet or dry. Depending on location, I would perhaps suggest once...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. The Skiver

Photophobic Cactus

yes, take a scalpel or very sharp blade and make as clean a cut as possible near the base of the plant... leave the parent plant in place, as very often new growth will appear... take the cutting...
    yes, take a scalpel or very sharp blade and make as clean a cut as possible near the base of the plant... leave the parent plant in place, as very often new growth will appear... take the cutting and face the cut end to the sun... leave it to dry out COMPLETELY, then lay it on top of some sharp...
    yes, take a scalpel or very sharp blade and make as clean a cut as possible near the base of the plant... leave the parent plant in place, as very often new growth will appear... take the cutting and face the cut end to the sun... leave it to dry...
    yes, take a scalpel or very sharp blade and make as clean a cut as possible near the base of the plant... leave the parent plant in place, as very often new growth will appear... take the cutting...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Fof

Pleiospilos nellii

I have one, it has survived the last two winters in my unheated greenhouse and will soon flower.
    I have one, it has survived the last two winters in my unheated greenhouse and will soon flower.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Fof

Dorotheanthus bellidiformis (Livingstone Daisy)

Thanks, guys Confusion reigns. In my own head, I tend to use mesembryanthemum, but can never remember how to spell it, so I used the packet name. I'm in far west Cornwall, and am constantly trying...
    Thanks, guys Confusion reigns. In my own head, I tend to use mesembryanthemum, but can never remember how to spell it, so I used the packet name. I'm in far west Cornwall, and am constantly trying new plants, to see how they go. Eg. I put in 3 Prostanthera cuneata and 3 Prostanthera...
    Thanks, guys Confusion reigns. In my own head, I tend to use mesembryanthemum, but can never remember how to spell it, so I used the packet name. I'm in far west Cornwall, and am constantly trying new plants, to see how they go. Eg. I put in 3...
    Thanks, guys Confusion reigns. In my own head, I tend to use mesembryanthemum, but can never remember how to spell it, so I used the packet name. I'm in far west Cornwall, and am constantly trying...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Baalmaiden
    Like x 4

My Mother of Thousands Kalanchoe flowered last year..

Yep! I have one in the greenhouse too and I have to weed the babies out. I like it as a curiosity though.
    Yep! I have one in the greenhouse too and I have to weed the babies out. I like it as a curiosity though.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. ChrisM6

Plant ID please - Flaming Katy?

Yes, the double one is K Calandiva which I would like.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Michael Hewett
    Like x 10

Two flowering now ...

I couldn't agree with you more! :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Grandma Sue

Echeveria (Miranda ? ) and pups

Should add that once the leaves below the pups drop through old age they are basically the same as those that form at the base of the stem.
    Should add that once the leaves below the pups drop through old age they are basically the same as those that form at the base of the stem.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. mazambo

Lithops

Thanks @ricky101 I'll go through your post and see what I can find.Yes I've read you can be talking 2 or 3 years before you can even start to think about repotting. Looks like you had a great...
    Thanks @ricky101 I'll go through your post and see what I can find.Yes I've read you can be talking 2 or 3 years before you can even start to think about repotting. Looks like you had a great collection @pete some lovely photos on the post of @ricky101 . Thanks for the help:blue thumb:
    Thanks @ricky101 I'll go through your post and see what I can find.Yes I've read you can be talking 2 or 3 years before you can even start to think about repotting. Looks like you had a great collection @pete some lovely photos on the post of...
    Thanks @ricky101 I'll go through your post and see what I can find.Yes I've read you can be talking 2 or 3 years before you can even start to think about repotting. Looks like you had a great...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Lem

Opuntia ?? Any Idea on ID

I got my original one in 1965 but now I only have a cutting of a cutting of a cutting :heehee:
    I got my original one in 1965 but now I only have a cutting of a cutting of a cutting :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Lem

Rhipsalis ID Please

@Michael Hewett , after looking at numerous pictures of rhipsalis ceruescula, I’m going with your suggestion Michael, too many similarities for it not to be, cheers Michael :yes:
    @Michael Hewett , after looking at numerous pictures of rhipsalis ceruescula, I’m going with your suggestion Michael, too many similarities for it not to be, cheers Michael :yes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. redd

String of hearts

Thanks for the advice!! I am going to leave it as it is because it looks very happy at the moment. Keeping a close eye on it though....
    Thanks for the advice!! I am going to leave it as it is because it looks very happy at the moment. Keeping a close eye on it though....
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Hilfenburger

Cactus in need of help

To be honest I don't grow any succulent Euphorbias so a cutting would be experimental for me as well. :biggrin: Having said that, I do think it's the same approach as with cacti.Sounds like the damage...
    To be honest I don't grow any succulent Euphorbias so a cutting would be experimental for me as well. :biggrin: Having said that, I do think it's the same approach as with cacti.Sounds like the damage is only on the surface then, but it has ruined the look of the plant.
    To be honest I don't grow any succulent Euphorbias so a cutting would be experimental for me as well. :biggrin: Having said that, I do think it's the same approach as with cacti.Sounds like the damage is only on the surface then, but it has ruined the...
    To be honest I don't grow any succulent Euphorbias so a cutting would be experimental for me as well. :biggrin: Having said that, I do think it's the same approach as with cacti.Sounds like the damage...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. ThePlantAssassin

Terrarium advice please

Hi,If you google "cactus in terrarium" there are loads of examples and ytubes for doing that.
    Hi,If you google "cactus in terrarium" there are loads of examples and ytubes for doing that.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice