1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Cacti and Succulents

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. Mountain_Goat

Is this weird projection normal?

@Mountain_Goat If you want a free Dragonfruit plant, you can pull the arm off, let it dry for a day or two and then plop it in a small pot. It should root easily and turn into a vicious, vigorous...
    @Mountain_Goat If you want a free Dragonfruit plant, you can pull the arm off, let it dry for a day or two and then plop it in a small pot. It should root easily and turn into a vicious, vigorous and rather ugly plant :biggrin:(Or, it could turn out that the root graft part is some other type of...
    @Mountain_Goat If you want a free Dragonfruit plant, you can pull the arm off, let it dry for a day or two and then plop it in a small pot. It should root easily and turn into a vicious, vigorous and rather ugly plant :biggrin:(Or, it could turn out...
    @Mountain_Goat If you want a free Dragonfruit plant, you can pull the arm off, let it dry for a day or two and then plop it in a small pot. It should root easily and turn into a vicious, vigorous...
    upload_2024-1-2_17-29-12.jpeg IMG_3884.jpeg IMG_3884.jpeg dragon2.jpg dragonfruit1.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Selleri

Why don't these cactus flowers open?

You might have something in there @PaulB3 :biggrin:Thanks for sharing the link! You shared the Cactusinhabitat already some years ago, I find it fascinating and keep re-visiting and re-sharing.The...
    You might have something in there @PaulB3 :biggrin:Thanks for sharing the link! You shared the Cactusinhabitat already some years ago, I find it fascinating and keep re-visiting and re-sharing.The said cactus has made another non-opening flower and has some buds coming up. It is now under a grow...
    You might have something in there @PaulB3 :biggrin:Thanks for sharing the link! You shared the Cactusinhabitat already some years ago, I find it fascinating and keep re-visiting and re-sharing.The said cactus has made another non-opening flower and...
    You might have something in there @PaulB3 :biggrin:Thanks for sharing the link! You shared the Cactusinhabitat already some years ago, I find it fascinating and keep re-visiting and re-sharing.The...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Michael Hewett
    Like x 7

My new succulents ...

That's brilliant @Selleri Good luck ! I hope it does well for you
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. MattyBur

Spider Webs all over Sempervivum!

I don't know! But they seem to like it, and make webs within the structures of the plant, and also larger webs from the plant to other objects next to it, like a small ornamental bear, another...
    I don't know! But they seem to like it, and make webs within the structures of the plant, and also larger webs from the plant to other objects next to it, like a small ornamental bear, another small pot (containing cuttings of the same semp plant), and a little solar table lamp.I have...
    I don't know! But they seem to like it, and make webs within the structures of the plant, and also larger webs from the plant to other objects next to it, like a small ornamental bear, another small pot (containing cuttings of the same semp...
    I don't know! But they seem to like it, and make webs within the structures of the plant, and also larger webs from the plant to other objects next to it, like a small ornamental bear, another...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Markluke

Gasteria in flower or not

Maybe it will flower again next year. Actually your plant is similar to Gasteraloe 'Flow' it could be the same one ? ×Gasteraloe 'Flow' - World of Succulents
    Maybe it will flower again next year. Actually your plant is similar to Gasteraloe 'Flow' it could be the same one ? ×Gasteraloe 'Flow' - World of Succulents
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Grandma Sue

Are they about to flower?

@joolz68 your plants are Sempervivums, the shoots are offsets. The fllowers come from the centre of the rosettes, and the rosette will die after it flowers, but the offsets can be potted...
    @joolz68 your plants are Sempervivums, the shoots are offsets. The fllowers come from the centre of the rosettes, and the rosette will die after it flowers, but the offsets can be potted on.@Grandma Sue, the flower stalks on your Echeverias will lengthen but will still bend over at the top...
    @joolz68 your plants are Sempervivums, the shoots are offsets. The fllowers come from the centre of the rosettes, and the rosette will die after it flowers, but the offsets can be potted on.@Grandma Sue, the flower stalks on your Echeverias...
    @joolz68 your plants are Sempervivums, the shoots are offsets. The fllowers come from the centre of the rosettes, and the rosette will die after it flowers, but the offsets can be potted...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. MattyBur

Poorly cactus/succulent :(

I agree with Pete the small brown spots look like wounds from insects .Another thing you need to bare in mind is that some insects cannot be seen with the naked eye as they live in the soil Some...
    I agree with Pete the small brown spots look like wounds from insects .Another thing you need to bare in mind is that some insects cannot be seen with the naked eye as they live in the soil Some Nematodes eat roots slowly and they tend to live in garden centresAs they prefer wet...
    I agree with Pete the small brown spots look like wounds from insects .Another thing you need to bare in mind is that some insects cannot be seen with the naked eye as they live in the soil Some Nematodes eat roots slowly and they tend to live...
    I agree with Pete the small brown spots look like wounds from insects .Another thing you need to bare in mind is that some insects cannot be seen with the naked eye as they live in the soil Some...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. eddybaby

Mystery Plant

I have just noticed a new 'rats' tail emerging.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. kindredspirit
    Like x 4

Growing cacti outside all year around.

Yep, you have to have empathy with plants.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Jack Sparrow

Can I use supervivum in my rocks?

If they're happy they'll have a go at taking over!
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Michael Hewett

Sick cactus

you are probably correct @Michael Hewett it seems to have grown another couple of inches this year.
    you are probably correct @Michael Hewett it seems to have grown another couple of inches this year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. zakna0693

Some new guys to add to my collection

Bringing up an old thread, but for good reason. Here's an update on my glow in the dark mushrooms. Even in low light they are bright
    Bringing up an old thread, but for good reason. Here's an update on my glow in the dark mushrooms. Even in low light they are bright
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. sal73

Hardy succulent

Gasteria verrucosa is not going to be hardy. I really doubt it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Michael Hewett

Rhipsalis cuttings

She said she was going to try both methods. I will let you know. I only know her in another forum so I'll have to ask her next time I go on it.
    She said she was going to try both methods. I will let you know. I only know her in another forum so I'll have to ask her next time I go on it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Scotkat

Christmas Cacti

No @Emerion . It sits in the same pot either on an unused wooden bench or the low stone wall which separates patio from lawn. I pretty much leave the cactus to its own devices once it's...
    No @Emerion . It sits in the same pot either on an unused wooden bench or the low stone wall which separates patio from lawn. I pretty much leave the cactus to its own devices once it's outside. Slugs are in the borders and only the occasional one strays on to the patio !
    No @Emerion . It sits in the same pot either on an unused wooden bench or the low stone wall which separates patio from lawn. I pretty much leave the cactus to its own devices once it's outside. Slugs are in the borders and only the...
    No @Emerion . It sits in the same pot either on an unused wooden bench or the low stone wall which separates patio from lawn. I pretty much leave the cactus to its own devices once it's...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Ademission

How to make Cacti flower

My cacti get watered and fed heavily in april, maybe again in june, a light splash in august then probably nothing at all for the rest of the year
    My cacti get watered and fed heavily in april, maybe again in june, a light splash in august then probably nothing at all for the rest of the year
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Selleri

Hydroponic succulent growing?

Update 9 months later:Both experiments are alive and have some new growth. They probably would have more new growth if I hadn't totally forgotten about fertiliser :doh: That's sort of the basic...
    Update 9 months later:Both experiments are alive and have some new growth. They probably would have more new growth if I hadn't totally forgotten about fertiliser :doh: That's sort of the basic stuff when playing with hydroponics but hey ho, at least they have not turned into swampy pea soup :biggrin:...
    Update 9 months later:Both experiments are alive and have some new growth. They probably would have more new growth if I hadn't totally forgotten about fertiliser :doh: That's sort of the basic stuff when playing with hydroponics but hey ho, at...
    Update 9 months later:Both experiments are alive and have some new growth. They probably would have more new growth if I hadn't totally forgotten about fertiliser :doh: That's sort of the basic...
    baubles.jpg hydro2.jpg hydro1.jpg hydro3.jpg hydro.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. kindredspirit
    Like x 11

A few succulents.

Love the fossil succulent kindred spirit !!!!!! :rolleyespink:Plus your whole collection
    Love the fossil succulent kindred spirit !!!!!! :rolleyespink:Plus your whole collection
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Michael Hewett
    Agree x 3

Slug damage !

I think you can only buy Ferric phosphate slug pellets now, Metaldehyde ones have been banned.
    I think you can only buy Ferric phosphate slug pellets now, Metaldehyde ones have been banned.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Balc

Cacti 2023

@Balc , thanks for starting this thread! Many of your more mature plants look like my seed grown ones, great if anyone can put a name on them. :) Naming challenge
    @Balc , thanks for starting this thread! Many of your more mature plants look like my seed grown ones, great if anyone can put a name on them. :) Naming challenge
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice