1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Cacti and Succulents

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↑ Views
Last Message
  1. Hilfenburger

Cactus in need of help

To be honest I don't grow any succulent Euphorbias so a cutting would be experimental for me as well. :biggrin: Having said that, I do think it's the same approach as with cacti.Sounds like the damage...
    To be honest I don't grow any succulent Euphorbias so a cutting would be experimental for me as well. :biggrin: Having said that, I do think it's the same approach as with cacti.Sounds like the damage is only on the surface then, but it has ruined the look of the plant.
    To be honest I don't grow any succulent Euphorbias so a cutting would be experimental for me as well. :biggrin: Having said that, I do think it's the same approach as with cacti.Sounds like the damage is only on the surface then, but it has ruined the...
    To be honest I don't grow any succulent Euphorbias so a cutting would be experimental for me as well. :biggrin: Having said that, I do think it's the same approach as with cacti.Sounds like the damage...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. ThePlantAssassin

Terrarium advice please

Hi,If you google "cactus in terrarium" there are loads of examples and ytubes for doing that.
    Hi,If you google "cactus in terrarium" there are loads of examples and ytubes for doing that.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Emma Hooker

Help - overwatered all my newly potted succulents

If the wet continues for more than a few days I'd consider bringing them under cover, but for a while they will be okay.
    If the wet continues for more than a few days I'd consider bringing them under cover, but for a while they will be okay.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Natalie emma

Drooping cactus and identification

Thanks for your response:) it's on by the kitchen window and it's South facing so we have sunlight all day. I though maybe It may need a bigger pot? I get more and more flowers each year and I think...
    Thanks for your response:) it's on by the kitchen window and it's South facing so we have sunlight all day. I though maybe It may need a bigger pot? I get more and more flowers each year and I think it will definatly become damaged if I try to straighten it. Glad it seems happy
    Thanks for your response:) it's on by the kitchen window and it's South facing so we have sunlight all day. I though maybe It may need a bigger pot? I get more and more flowers each year and I think it will definatly become damaged if I try to...
    Thanks for your response:) it's on by the kitchen window and it's South facing so we have sunlight all day. I though maybe It may need a bigger pot? I get more and more flowers each year and I think...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. momo1103

Succulents going brown

Thank you :) Yes the taller one is an aloe and when I bought the smaller one the label said it was a Gasteria Okavango. I have moved them to a shadier area of the room, and the aloe seems to be...
    Thank you :) Yes the taller one is an aloe and when I bought the smaller one the label said it was a Gasteria Okavango. I have moved them to a shadier area of the room, and the aloe seems to be going greener already but the smaller one has no change yet. I watered them a couple of days ago so I...
    Thank you :) Yes the taller one is an aloe and when I bought the smaller one the label said it was a Gasteria Okavango. I have moved them to a shadier area of the room, and the aloe seems to be going greener already but the smaller one has no...
    Thank you :) Yes the taller one is an aloe and when I bought the smaller one the label said it was a Gasteria Okavango. I have moved them to a shadier area of the room, and the aloe seems to be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Kennyhicks

Money tree repotting

I water when i remeber really same as my two cactus on the windowsill. What feed shall i use never fed it.
    I water when i remeber really same as my two cactus on the windowsill. What feed shall i use never fed it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Michael Hewett

Identification

Thank you both … with your help I have now been able to identify the plants. First one is Aloe striata Second one is a Kalanchoe hybrid called 'Elk Antlers'
    Thank you both … with your help I have now been able to identify the plants. First one is Aloe striata Second one is a Kalanchoe hybrid called 'Elk Antlers'
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. kindredspirit
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Michael Hewett

:(

Thank you both … @pete and @WeeTam I haven't seen mealy bugs on it until now but maybe they were hiding in between the shoots. I have pulled the offshoots apart and hope to plant them soon. I...
    Thank you both … @pete and @WeeTam I haven't seen mealy bugs on it until now but maybe they were hiding in between the shoots. I have pulled the offshoots apart and hope to plant them soon. I don't think they'll root yet but hopefully they'll last the winter in my conservatory and root in the...
    Thank you both … @pete and @WeeTam I haven't seen mealy bugs on it until now but maybe they were hiding in between the shoots. I have pulled the offshoots apart and hope to plant them soon. I don't think they'll root yet but hopefully they'll...
    Thank you both … @pete and @WeeTam I haven't seen mealy bugs on it until now but maybe they were hiding in between the shoots. I have pulled the offshoots apart and hope to plant them soon. I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. norakay

How do i repot my aloe?

Yes it should do ok @norakay by all means give it some support to bring it upright as until it has some roots to hold it steady will move.. Keep the soil on the drier side, just moist and it...
    Yes it should do ok @norakay by all means give it some support to bring it upright as until it has some roots to hold it steady will move.. Keep the soil on the drier side, just moist and it should go ok..
    Yes it should do ok @norakay by all means give it some support to bring it upright as until it has some roots to hold it steady will move.. Keep the soil on the drier side, just moist and it should go ok..
    Yes it should do ok @norakay by all means give it some support to bring it upright as until it has some roots to hold it steady will move.. Keep the soil on the drier side, just moist and it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. PuzzledMonkey

Who's that Pokemon?!

1)Mammillaria sp 2)Mammillaria possibly elongata 3)Haworthia limifolia 4)Ceroid 5) Needs better photo 6) Notocactus sp 7) Echinocereus pectinatusThey all look like they could do with more...
    1)Mammillaria sp 2)Mammillaria possibly elongata 3)Haworthia limifolia 4)Ceroid 5) Needs better photo 6) Notocactus sp 7) Echinocereus pectinatusThey all look like they could do with more sun/light :spinning:
    1)Mammillaria sp 2)Mammillaria possibly elongata 3)Haworthia limifolia 4)Ceroid 5) Needs better photo 6) Notocactus sp 7) Echinocereus pectinatusThey all look like they could do with more sun/light :spinning:
    1)Mammillaria sp 2)Mammillaria possibly elongata 3)Haworthia limifolia 4)Ceroid 5) Needs better photo 6) Notocactus sp 7) Echinocereus pectinatusThey all look like they could do with more...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Adam D

Is this a Sedum

It looks like Centranthus ruber, Red Valerian.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. sal73

Agave Albina

But I couldn't live with its mother!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. John Harruison

Aloe striatula and arid bed.

I'm not sure if I'm right, but this eventually becomes a climber with Ariel roots, I had one go that way a few years ago just before it was wiped out by the bad winter, 2009.I do tend to give...
    I'm not sure if I'm right, but this eventually becomes a climber with Ariel roots, I had one go that way a few years ago just before it was wiped out by the bad winter, 2009.I do tend to give mine a little protection should we get something below minus 5C, but I tend to plant it in micro...
    I'm not sure if I'm right, but this eventually becomes a climber with Ariel roots, I had one go that way a few years ago just before it was wiped out by the bad winter, 2009.I do tend to give mine a little protection should we get something...
    I'm not sure if I'm right, but this eventually becomes a climber with Ariel roots, I had one go that way a few years ago just before it was wiped out by the bad winter, 2009.I do tend to give...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Wayne
    Like x 3

Succulents, Holiday Car Park Planning Scheme!

They will be pulled up and put away for the winter, all are in pots. I'll post as it k its together Wayne
    They will be pulled up and put away for the winter, all are in pots. I'll post as it k its together Wayne
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Phil A
    Like x 5

In the Desert House, Paignton Zoo

it look like this
    it look like this
    it look like this
    it look like this
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. stephenprudence

FAO Sal

My A.striatula has come through happily too, despite being in a small pot.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. wiseowl

Christmas Cactus

No problem. :blue thumb: Personally, I would start again and root some cuttings. Wait a few weeks until the days are longer and the weather is warmer. And then cut a few "chains" of segments, leave to dry...
    No problem. :blue thumb: Personally, I would start again and root some cuttings. Wait a few weeks until the days are longer and the weather is warmer. And then cut a few "chains" of segments, leave to dry for a few days, and then re-root in fresh soil.
    No problem. :blue thumb: Personally, I would start again and root some cuttings. Wait a few weeks until the days are longer and the weather is warmer. And then cut a few "chains" of segments, leave to dry for a few days, and then re-root in fresh soil.
    No problem. :blue thumb: Personally, I would start again and root some cuttings. Wait a few weeks until the days are longer and the weather is warmer. And then cut a few "chains" of segments, leave to dry...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Val..

Another idea for protecting my plants!!

I think fleece would shut out too much light. Would be fairly easy to lift the cloches & wipe them over, but yes it could be a problem with cactus!:scratch: Val
    I think fleece would shut out too much light. Would be fairly easy to lift the cloches & wipe them over, but yes it could be a problem with cactus!:scratch: Val
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. SvenLittkowski

Pitaya Cactus: All Blossoms Black and Dead

Oh? I never knew that. That means, there's still a chance of getting fruits - I will check them out right tomorrow morning! Thanks for that useful information!PS: anyone being able to locate...
    Oh? I never knew that. That means, there's still a chance of getting fruits - I will check them out right tomorrow morning! Thanks for that useful information!PS: anyone being able to locate natural hazelnuts? Need these seeds because I want to grow them. Thanks. I offer seeds of tropical...
    Oh? I never knew that. That means, there's still a chance of getting fruits - I will check them out right tomorrow morning! Thanks for that useful information!PS: anyone being able to locate natural hazelnuts? Need these seeds because I want...
    Oh? I never knew that. That means, there's still a chance of getting fruits - I will check them out right tomorrow morning! Thanks for that useful information!PS: anyone being able to locate...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice