1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Cacti and Succulents

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. nikirushka

What might this be?

Ok, I'll leave that one alone then! :snork:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. greenfingers

Christmas Flowering Cactus

Well done roders! I always prized myself that my pink one was more than super but your red one is absolutely fantastic!
    Well done roders! I always prized myself that my pink one was more than super but your red one is absolutely fantastic!
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. BigC

Unidentified Prickly Friends

No.3 looks rather like a Parodia species to me - maybeThe one near the window looks like a slightly small, very light depleted Echeveria agavoides. Very, very cold hardy if it is.
    No.3 looks rather like a Parodia species to me - maybeThe one near the window looks like a slightly small, very light depleted Echeveria agavoides. Very, very cold hardy if it is.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Scrungee

Repotting cacti

I use lengths of folded kitchen roll and as was said above, have the hole ready. Trying to get compost around the base of a prickly plant in a small pot isn't much fun:rolleyespink:
    I use lengths of folded kitchen roll and as was said above, have the hole ready. Trying to get compost around the base of a prickly plant in a small pot isn't much fun:rolleyespink:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Selleri

Hydroponic succulent growing?

Update 9 months later:Both experiments are alive and have some new growth. They probably would have more new growth if I hadn't totally forgotten about fertiliser :doh: That's sort of the basic...
    Update 9 months later:Both experiments are alive and have some new growth. They probably would have more new growth if I hadn't totally forgotten about fertiliser :doh: That's sort of the basic stuff when playing with hydroponics but hey ho, at least they have not turned into swampy pea soup :biggrin:...
    Update 9 months later:Both experiments are alive and have some new growth. They probably would have more new growth if I hadn't totally forgotten about fertiliser :doh: That's sort of the basic stuff when playing with hydroponics but hey ho, at...
    Update 9 months later:Both experiments are alive and have some new growth. They probably would have more new growth if I hadn't totally forgotten about fertiliser :doh: That's sort of the basic...
    baubles.jpg hydro2.jpg hydro1.jpg hydro3.jpg hydro.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Brewman

Path Idea

wouldn't be better to have some big stepping stones and the succulents more on the side?
    wouldn't be better to have some big stepping stones and the succulents more on the side?
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Banana Man

Cowboy Cactus - yeeee haaaa !!!

Thats a nice looking "cactus" BM, the leaves are a dead give away that its not actually a cactus. Expect you already know, but dont let mini BM near that sap its pretty strong stuff in...
    Thats a nice looking "cactus" BM, the leaves are a dead give away that its not actually a cactus. Expect you already know, but dont let mini BM near that sap its pretty strong stuff in euphorbias. The curcuma is nice, I've grown it but not managed to get it to flower second year, just masses...
    Thats a nice looking "cactus" BM, the leaves are a dead give away that its not actually a cactus. Expect you already know, but dont let mini BM near that sap its pretty strong stuff in euphorbias. The curcuma is nice, I've grown it but not...
    Thats a nice looking "cactus" BM, the leaves are a dead give away that its not actually a cactus. Expect you already know, but dont let mini BM near that sap its pretty strong stuff in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. andrews
    Like x 12

Early Christmas Present

Had to get my conversion app on then to work out the temperature. Crazy as I grew up with farenheit but the new world fascists beat me down and now its all C for me. My polytunnel has heaters in...
    Had to get my conversion app on then to work out the temperature. Crazy as I grew up with farenheit but the new world fascists beat me down and now its all C for me. My polytunnel has heaters in but is heated to 40 max. Due to the moisture in there, despite fans, I don't think it would be the...
    Had to get my conversion app on then to work out the temperature. Crazy as I grew up with farenheit but the new world fascists beat me down and now its all C for me. My polytunnel has heaters in but is heated to 40 max. Due to the moisture in...
    Had to get my conversion app on then to work out the temperature. Crazy as I grew up with farenheit but the new world fascists beat me down and now its all C for me. My polytunnel has heaters in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. miraflores
    Like x 3

unusual

Just a guess, but it looks like some kind of Echeveria.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Gay Gardener
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Gay Gardener

Cactus help

Thanks @Sirius that is really helpful. I did have a stab at identifying them myself but was quite confused with a few especially the lower left and lower right and the top right. Appreciate your...
    Thanks @Sirius that is really helpful. I did have a stab at identifying them myself but was quite confused with a few especially the lower left and lower right and the top right. Appreciate your exertise on this. Am off to the big city tomorrow so will browse through some books at...
    Thanks @Sirius that is really helpful. I did have a stab at identifying them myself but was quite confused with a few especially the lower left and lower right and the top right. Appreciate your exertise on this. Am off to the big city...
    Thanks @Sirius that is really helpful. I did have a stab at identifying them myself but was quite confused with a few especially the lower left and lower right and the top right. Appreciate your...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. stbssn

Cactus with brown patches

I agree with Pete, to check if it needs water, I would stick my finger into the pot, and see if the compost further down feels wet or dry. Depending on location, I would perhaps suggest once...
    I agree with Pete, to check if it needs water, I would stick my finger into the pot, and see if the compost further down feels wet or dry. Depending on location, I would perhaps suggest once every two - three weeks for during the summer months, and around six-eight weeks in the winter, perhaps...
    I agree with Pete, to check if it needs water, I would stick my finger into the pot, and see if the compost further down feels wet or dry. Depending on location, I would perhaps suggest once every two - three weeks for during the summer months,...
    I agree with Pete, to check if it needs water, I would stick my finger into the pot, and see if the compost further down feels wet or dry. Depending on location, I would perhaps suggest once...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. roders

Christmas Cactus(again)

That is gorgeous roders! A lot more buds to still open too, a real show.I thought mine was looking nice when we got back off holiday end of last week, but now ............A question, is yours...
    That is gorgeous roders! A lot more buds to still open too, a real show.I thought mine was looking nice when we got back off holiday end of last week, but now ............A question, is yours rather pot-bound? mine is/are.
    That is gorgeous roders! A lot more buds to still open too, a real show.I thought mine was looking nice when we got back off holiday end of last week, but now ............A question, is yours rather pot-bound? mine is/are.
    That is gorgeous roders! A lot more buds to still open too, a real show.I thought mine was looking nice when we got back off holiday end of last week, but now ............A question, is yours...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Michael Hewett
    Like x 4

Rhipsalis baccifera

Cousin Itt has been moved to the North side now from the East side as Itt was getting in the way of my chair in the corner ...
    Cousin Itt has been moved to the North side now from the East side as Itt was getting in the way of my chair in the corner ...
    016.jpg Cousin Itt 1 June 22.jpg Rhipsalis baccifera 1 May.jpg Cousin 30 Apr 23.jpg Cousin2 30 Apr 23.jpg Ripsa;is1 3 Jun 23.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. miraflores

my small collection

who looks gorgeous today...
    cacti1.JPG cacti2.JPG cacti3.JPG cacti4.JPG cac1.JPG cac2.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Antonig

Old Man Of....

Haha, you should see the flight of our arrows! I had to move it from the window sill to take a pic. lol. I'll grab my lad's Blackberry and take a better pic in situ :biggrin:
    Haha, you should see the flight of our arrows! I had to move it from the window sill to take a pic. lol. I'll grab my lad's Blackberry and take a better pic in situ :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. pete
    Like x 9

Pete's cactuses

I lost my Tee-shirt being there and doing that !!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. eddybaby

Mystery Plant

I have just noticed a new 'rats' tail emerging.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Jasmine star
    Like x 5

Flowering Melocactus.

Not sure if Melocactus is self fertile. If it is, it's easy as you say, but as it has flowered before and not produced seed I'm I'm think maybe it needs another Melocactus of a different clone...
    Not sure if Melocactus is self fertile. If it is, it's easy as you say, but as it has flowered before and not produced seed I'm I'm think maybe it needs another Melocactus of a different clone to pollinate it.Hybrids will work with some cacti but not all.
    Not sure if Melocactus is self fertile. If it is, it's easy as you say, but as it has flowered before and not produced seed I'm I'm think maybe it needs another Melocactus of a different clone to pollinate it.Hybrids will work with some...
    Not sure if Melocactus is self fertile. If it is, it's easy as you say, but as it has flowered before and not produced seed I'm I'm think maybe it needs another Melocactus of a different clone...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. nFrost

Dying Cactus [Solved]

It's recovering, I told her everything you said and she has been just watering at the sides of the pot and letting it sort of soak across or whatever the technical term is. Wahoo! Thanks all.
    It's recovering, I told her everything you said and she has been just watering at the sides of the pot and letting it sort of soak across or whatever the technical term is. Wahoo! Thanks all.
    20140316_131541.jpg 20140316_131545.jpg 20140316_131551.jpg 20140316_131555.jpg 20140503_143222.jpg 20140503_143238.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice