1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Cacti and Succulents

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↑ Views
Last Message
  1. capney

Cactus flowers

Yep, repot them singly, otherwise carry on with the neglect.I'm sure they will respond.
    Yep, repot them singly, otherwise carry on with the neglect.I'm sure they will respond.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. mabchapman

Cacti plants

I used specialized cactus feed on mine once, but the best result I ever had was those roundish whitish/grey granule of "universal", slow release fertilizer you get for the whole garden. Scattered...
    I used specialized cactus feed on mine once, but the best result I ever had was those roundish whitish/grey granule of "universal", slow release fertilizer you get for the whole garden. Scattered a bit on the surface in spring, and forgot about it. THe greener and fattest cacti I ever had ;-)
    I used specialized cactus feed on mine once, but the best result I ever had was those roundish whitish/grey granule of "universal", slow release fertilizer you get for the whole garden. Scattered a bit on the surface in spring, and forgot about...
    I used specialized cactus feed on mine once, but the best result I ever had was those roundish whitish/grey granule of "universal", slow release fertilizer you get for the whole garden. Scattered...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. ms_flower

Nursing my Christmas Cactus back to health - the journey so far!

Hi Ms Flower When your cacti shows signs of starting flower buds be very careful not to change the angle of light scource, if you keep it on a windowsill when you pick the plant up make sure it...
    Hi Ms Flower When your cacti shows signs of starting flower buds be very careful not to change the angle of light scource, if you keep it on a windowsill when you pick the plant up make sure it goes back facing the same way. The flower buds twist toward the light and will twist off if at a...
    Hi Ms Flower When your cacti shows signs of starting flower buds be very careful not to change the angle of light scource, if you keep it on a windowsill when you pick the plant up make sure it goes back facing the same way. The flower buds twist...
    Hi Ms Flower When your cacti shows signs of starting flower buds be very careful not to change the angle of light scource, if you keep it on a windowsill when you pick the plant up make sure it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. capney

Cactus concerns

Im thinking of using a JCB for this job.! Thanks for handling tips init sister. I think this task requires some planning :ie Risk assessment Safety equipment PMC ( Program, Method and...
    Im thinking of using a JCB for this job.! Thanks for handling tips init sister. I think this task requires some planning :ie Risk assessment Safety equipment PMC ( Program, Method and Contingency ) Can you tell what I did before retirement? Standy crews and emergency personnel on call. I...
    Im thinking of using a JCB for this job.! Thanks for handling tips init sister. I think this task requires some planning :ie Risk assessment Safety equipment PMC ( Program, Method and Contingency ) Can you tell what I did before...
    Im thinking of using a JCB for this job.! Thanks for handling tips init sister. I think this task requires some planning :ie Risk assessment Safety equipment PMC ( Program, Method and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Kedi-Gato

Unknown succulent

Thanks Strongy. I've sent our friend the name with a link in German for it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. johnbinkley

What do I do with my cacti

Thakyou messypup and Pete. I will try to take on board what each of you have said. Never grown cacti before. Thanks again for the advice.
    Thakyou messypup and Pete. I will try to take on board what each of you have said. Never grown cacti before. Thanks again for the advice.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. miraflores

prickly pear cactus

I've just found this thread, Mira - naturally, after I posted the following pics elsewhere. (Edible Gardening / Exotic Fruits) The ones in your pic are loaded with fruit!We saw these in...
    I've just found this thread, Mira - naturally, after I posted the following pics elsewhere. (Edible Gardening / Exotic Fruits) The ones in your pic are loaded with fruit!We saw these in Malta this week, they make yummy jelly from them -
    I've just found this thread, Mira - naturally, after I posted the following pics elsewhere. (Edible Gardening / Exotic Fruits) The ones in your pic are loaded with fruit!We saw these in Malta this week, they make yummy jelly from them -...
    I've just found this thread, Mira - naturally, after I posted the following pics elsewhere. (Edible Gardening / Exotic Fruits) The ones in your pic are loaded with fruit!We saw these in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. weekend gardener

Christmas cactus

Thanks guys for the advice on the christmas cactus i shall inform our customer, thanks also regarding the chives.
    Thanks guys for the advice on the christmas cactus i shall inform our customer, thanks also regarding the chives.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Ynnead

Jatropha care

YnneadI have three and just use multi compost. As @pete says, mine live outdoors permanently but I do lose leaves in the Winter, although I don't get frost or even get near zero.Jatropha...
    YnneadI have three and just use multi compost. As @pete says, mine live outdoors permanently but I do lose leaves in the Winter, although I don't get frost or even get near zero.Jatropha multifida
    YnneadI have three and just use multi compost. As @pete says, mine live outdoors permanently but I do lose leaves in the Winter, although I don't get frost or even get near zero.Jatropha multifida
    YnneadI have three and just use multi compost. As @pete says, mine live outdoors permanently but I do lose leaves in the Winter, although I don't get frost or even get near zero.Jatropha...
    Welcome Tropical2.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Fof

Ariocarpus kotscheubeyanus (maybe)

ariocarpus kotschoubeyanus - Recherche Google
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Selleri

Senecio Curio Articulatus winter care

I've just seen this thread, and my curiousity was piqued by the name of the plant, i.e. Senecio Curio Articulatus. It seems the taxonomists have been having a field day, with this one. Some...
    I've just seen this thread, and my curiousity was piqued by the name of the plant, i.e. Senecio Curio Articulatus. It seems the taxonomists have been having a field day, with this one. Some years ago, when I grew C&S, I knew this as Kleinia articulata, which at some point became Senecio...
    I've just seen this thread, and my curiousity was piqued by the name of the plant, i.e. Senecio Curio Articulatus. It seems the taxonomists have been having a field day, with this one. Some years ago, when I grew C&S, I knew this as Kleinia...
    I've just seen this thread, and my curiousity was piqued by the name of the plant, i.e. Senecio Curio Articulatus. It seems the taxonomists have been having a field day, with this one. Some...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Michael Hewett

Danyz

Why do you think it's diseased @Victoria ? There's a raised coloured pattern on the leaves and the flowers are going over but I thought some of them still looked all right. They are on a long...
    Why do you think it's diseased @Victoria ? There's a raised coloured pattern on the leaves and the flowers are going over but I thought some of them still looked all right. They are on a long spike..
    Why do you think it's diseased @Victoria ? There's a raised coloured pattern on the leaves and the flowers are going over but I thought some of them still looked all right. They are on a long spike..
    Why do you think it's diseased @Victoria ? There's a raised coloured pattern on the leaves and the flowers are going over but I thought some of them still looked all right. They are on a long...
    127_3963.jpg 127_3964.jpg Alos Danyz.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. DazzerLancs

Lithop and queen of the night seedling?

I'll stick with them, I agree they all seem to look alike at that stage.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. EamonnB

Lewisia cotyledon

Lower leaves going limp is a sign that they've too much water.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Michael Hewett
    Like x 4

Rhipsalis baccifera

Cousin Itt has been moved to the North side now from the East side as Itt was getting in the way of my chair in the corner ...
    Cousin Itt has been moved to the North side now from the East side as Itt was getting in the way of my chair in the corner ...
    016.jpg Cousin Itt 1 June 22.jpg Rhipsalis baccifera 1 May.jpg Cousin 30 Apr 23.jpg Cousin2 30 Apr 23.jpg Ripsa;is1 3 Jun 23.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Clare G

Halloween succulents: are these for real?

Just to report that when I examined one on my supermarket trip this morning, it'd clearly been given quite a clever two-tone spray paint job. The natural green was visible where a bit of paint had...
    Just to report that when I examined one on my supermarket trip this morning, it'd clearly been given quite a clever two-tone spray paint job. The natural green was visible where a bit of paint had flaked off underneath!
    Just to report that when I examined one on my supermarket trip this morning, it'd clearly been given quite a clever two-tone spray paint job. The natural green was visible where a bit of paint had flaked off underneath!
    Just to report that when I examined one on my supermarket trip this morning, it'd clearly been given quite a clever two-tone spray paint job. The natural green was visible where a bit of paint had...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Clare G

Is this an opuntia? Can I revive it?

Here's another photo taken today, to show how much happier it is looking after some extra watering - amazing how quickly the leaves have straightened up and got greener and plumper and shinier....
    Here's another photo taken today, to show how much happier it is looking after some extra watering - amazing how quickly the leaves have straightened up and got greener and plumper and shinier. Many thanks to @Selleri and @pete for your good advice!
    Here's another photo taken today, to show how much happier it is looking after some extra watering - amazing how quickly the leaves have straightened up and got greener and plumper and shinier. Many thanks to @Selleri and @pete for your good...
    Here's another photo taken today, to show how much happier it is looking after some extra watering - amazing how quickly the leaves have straightened up and got greener and plumper and shinier....
    P6220955.JPG P6250957.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Victoria

Succulent ID

I am thinking it is the A urbicum. Aeonium urbicum (Saucer Plant) - World of Succulents I will put it down in The Jungle Room with the dark one I have.
    I am thinking it is the A urbicum. Aeonium urbicum (Saucer Plant) - World of Succulents I will put it down in The Jungle Room with the dark one I have.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. 43576

Name of this cacti please?

Hi @43576 Michael’s I.D. looks spot on to me :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. PhilC

Christmas cactus cuttings, do i remove the developing buds?

All I can say is, if you will root cuttings at totally the wrong time of the year. :yikes: You deserve all you get. :roflol:
    All I can say is, if you will root cuttings at totally the wrong time of the year. :yikes: You deserve all you get. :roflol:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice