1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Container Gardening

Discussion relating to growing within the confines of a Container

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Selleri
    Like x 3

Summer containers 2021/2022 ideas?

Yes, I lived in Spain for the better part of 30 years! I met my wife there & we have 3 grown up children & 5 gkids! Our 3 were born in Spain & 2 of our granddaughters were as well. Now 1 of our...
    Yes, I lived in Spain for the better part of 30 years! I met my wife there & we have 3 grown up children & 5 gkids! Our 3 were born in Spain & 2 of our granddaughters were as well. Now 1 of our sons still lives there & has a daughter with his partner. The other two followed us back to the UK....
    Yes, I lived in Spain for the better part of 30 years! I met my wife there & we have 3 grown up children & 5 gkids! Our 3 were born in Spain & 2 of our granddaughters were as well. Now 1 of our sons still lives there & has a daughter with his...
    Yes, I lived in Spain for the better part of 30 years! I met my wife there & we have 3 grown up children & 5 gkids! Our 3 were born in Spain & 2 of our granddaughters were as well. Now 1 of our...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3.   » Normal Threads
  4. Nikolaos

Salvias in containers, what are your experiences?

Yesterday THE GARDENER brought in a couple of gone-over flowering stalks of the giant form of Salvia patens, GUANAJUATO!! What was interesting was that even the seeds were larger than normal!!...
    Yesterday THE GARDENER brought in a couple of gone-over flowering stalks of the giant form of Salvia patens, GUANAJUATO!! What was interesting was that even the seeds were larger than normal!! Obviously will sow very soon, rugby not withstanding!!
    Yesterday THE GARDENER brought in a couple of gone-over flowering stalks of the giant form of Salvia patens, GUANAJUATO!! What was interesting was that even the seeds were larger than normal!! Obviously will sow very soon, rugby not withstanding!!
    Yesterday THE GARDENER brought in a couple of gone-over flowering stalks of the giant form of Salvia patens, GUANAJUATO!! What was interesting was that even the seeds were larger than normal!!...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Snowbaby

making containers

Shouldn't be too difficult to screw the bits in place and then attach to the bottom. I guess it depends on how thick the wood is as to how sturdy it is.
    Shouldn't be too difficult to screw the bits in place and then attach to the bottom. I guess it depends on how thick the wood is as to how sturdy it is.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Scotkat

Containers & Hanging baskets

roders that is stunning:thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Lottie222

Annuals (Window Box) Help Please?

Hello stranger ;)...looks like some form of fungus to me anyway but get a clean cloth and add some milk to it and wipe the leaf to see if it is dust first Lottie :)
    Hello stranger ;)...looks like some form of fungus to me anyway but get a clean cloth and add some milk to it and wipe the leaf to see if it is dust first Lottie :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Lyn

Strangest container.

I whiplashed my Chimenea with the flex from the lawnmower and broke the top of it off..any wonder I had all he grass removed..Duh! [/img]
    I whiplashed my Chimenea with the flex from the lawnmower and broke the top of it off..any wonder I had all he grass removed..Duh! [/img]
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. chitting kaz

plant pots suppliers ???

Sorry, Julie, I don't have any info. When I tried to sell some plants, to local garden centres, that I had grown in the garden (not just in pots) they all said that I would need to show I had a...
    Sorry, Julie, I don't have any info. When I tried to sell some plants, to local garden centres, that I had grown in the garden (not just in pots) they all said that I would need to show I had a plant health licence. It may just have been because they were on the restricted list but I can't...
    Sorry, Julie, I don't have any info. When I tried to sell some plants, to local garden centres, that I had grown in the garden (not just in pots) they all said that I would need to show I had a plant health licence. It may just have been...
    Sorry, Julie, I don't have any info. When I tried to sell some plants, to local garden centres, that I had grown in the garden (not just in pots) they all said that I would need to show I had a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Aesculus

Macrame Plant Pot Holders?

Try this Aesculus: Take four bits of string and lay them flat, any length will do to practice. Now take the two outside and tie infront of the other two strands and then you do the same only...
    Try this Aesculus: Take four bits of string and lay them flat, any length will do to practice. Now take the two outside and tie infront of the other two strands and then you do the same only taking the two outside strings and tie them behind the two strands. You keep repeating that until you...
    Try this Aesculus: Take four bits of string and lay them flat, any length will do to practice. Now take the two outside and tie infront of the other two strands and then you do the same only taking the two outside strings and tie them behind...
    Try this Aesculus: Take four bits of string and lay them flat, any length will do to practice. Now take the two outside and tie infront of the other two strands and then you do the same only...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. merleworld

What do you grow in containers?

The Koroneiki olive tree is flowering, so I am hand pollinating it with an artist brush. The Abrequina olive tree will have open flowers within the next few days, which I will also pollinate. I...
    The Koroneiki olive tree is flowering, so I am hand pollinating it with an artist brush. The Abrequina olive tree will have open flowers within the next few days, which I will also pollinate. I will also cross pollinate both plants to see if that increases the number of olives that set.
    The Koroneiki olive tree is flowering, so I am hand pollinating it with an artist brush. The Abrequina olive tree will have open flowers within the next few days, which I will also pollinate. I will also cross pollinate both plants to see if...
    The Koroneiki olive tree is flowering, so I am hand pollinating it with an artist brush. The Abrequina olive tree will have open flowers within the next few days, which I will also pollinate. I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Jack Sparrow
    Like x 5

Spilled over flower displays

Me again, thinking out loud. Are chrysanthemum perennial? I've always thrown them away. Garden Centres etc are selling a lot of them off cheap. The article I referred to above paired the stonecrop...
    Me again, thinking out loud. Are chrysanthemum perennial? I've always thrown them away. Garden Centres etc are selling a lot of them off cheap. The article I referred to above paired the stonecrop and chrysanthemum in its photo.G.
    Me again, thinking out loud. Are chrysanthemum perennial? I've always thrown them away. Garden Centres etc are selling a lot of them off cheap. The article I referred to above paired the stonecrop and chrysanthemum in its photo.G.
    Me again, thinking out loud. Are chrysanthemum perennial? I've always thrown them away. Garden Centres etc are selling a lot of them off cheap. The article I referred to above paired the stonecrop...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. J.R.P.

USING our WASTE CONTAINERS?

I am closing this thread down for staff review as it appears the originator of the thread has left and there is off-topic (ie, not relating to re-using waste containers) bickering going on.
    I am closing this thread down for staff review as it appears the originator of the thread has left and there is off-topic (ie, not relating to re-using waste containers) bickering going on.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Dave W

Cheap Pots/Containers

On Friday I went to a branch of Wilkinsons and brought quite a few lovely terracotta pots for the garden we spent a bob or two on them but got a bargain as they were half price!Went back...
    On Friday I went to a branch of Wilkinsons and brought quite a few lovely terracotta pots for the garden we spent a bob or two on them but got a bargain as they were half price!Went back yesterday and sadly they were sold out!Just my luck for being greedy. :( Helen.xxx.
    On Friday I went to a branch of Wilkinsons and brought quite a few lovely terracotta pots for the garden we spent a bob or two on them but got a bargain as they were half price!Went back yesterday and sadly they were sold out!Just my luck for...
    On Friday I went to a branch of Wilkinsons and brought quite a few lovely terracotta pots for the garden we spent a bob or two on them but got a bargain as they were half price!Went back...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Sweet-pea66
    Like x 5

My garden containers 2012

Ooo good luck on the 20th :dbgrtmb: Jenny :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Cordy
    Like x 12

Made this planter

Made another planter Gave it to Son's in-laws
    DSC_0004 (1).JPG DSC_0010 (2).JPG DSC_0011 (1).JPG DSC_0001.JPG DSC_0002.JPG planter1.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Scotkat

Walk among my containers this afternoon

Another walk through my front garden this afternoon
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Kayleigh
    Like x 3

Morrisons Pots

Hi Pam, that's almost right :heehee:. Those pots were given to me by various people over a period of a couple of months - together with about three or four thousand 3" pots :hate-shocked:. Cleaning them was not a...
    Hi Pam, that's almost right :heehee:. Those pots were given to me by various people over a period of a couple of months - together with about three or four thousand 3" pots :hate-shocked:. Cleaning them was not a joy!!!!! :sad:
    Hi Pam, that's almost right :heehee:. Those pots were given to me by various people over a period of a couple of months - together with about three or four thousand 3" pots :hate-shocked:. Cleaning them was not a joy!!!!! :sad:
    Hi Pam, that's almost right :heehee:. Those pots were given to me by various people over a period of a couple of months - together with about three or four thousand 3" pots :hate-shocked:. Cleaning them was not a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. kazzawazza

A sad Paeonia Sorbet

A couple of broken stems are not a problem, kazza:dunno: A Peony is a long lived Hardy Perrenial and so is a long term plant in anyone's garden. Give it some TLC and it will outlast you!!!:heehee:
    A couple of broken stems are not a problem, kazza:dunno: A Peony is a long lived Hardy Perrenial and so is a long term plant in anyone's garden. Give it some TLC and it will outlast you!!!:heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Geoff68

Clematis in a pot

Thank you @Selleri I feel a little better now. I'll look out for one and cross my fingers!
    Thank you @Selleri I feel a little better now. I'll look out for one and cross my fingers!
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Aldo

Soil blocks VS paper pots and other seeding alternatives to plastic pots

@CanadianLori Yes, it really saves lots of space and it goes quite fast once one gets the hang of it ! Today it was raining all day, so I have been lazy but tomorrow I will prepare some more :)
    @CanadianLori Yes, it really saves lots of space and it goes quite fast once one gets the hang of it ! Today it was raining all day, so I have been lazy but tomorrow I will prepare some more :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Linz

Epimediums

Here's a photo of my new Saxifraga stolonifera 'Hime' with the standard form on the left for comparison................ Massively overcrowded I've split it up and potted a couple and dotted a...
    Here's a photo of my new Saxifraga stolonifera 'Hime' with the standard form on the left for comparison................ Massively overcrowded I've split it up and potted a couple and dotted a few around to see how they go.
    Here's a photo of my new Saxifraga stolonifera 'Hime' with the standard form on the left for comparison................ Massively overcrowded I've split it up and potted a couple and dotted a few around to see how they go.
    Here's a photo of my new Saxifraga stolonifera 'Hime' with the standard form on the left for comparison................ Massively overcrowded I've split it up and potted a couple and dotted a...
    Screenshot_20180331-211005.png P1070097.JPG P1070099.JPG P1070098.JPG DSC_0785.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. JackJJW

Where do you buy your pots?

An old thread I know but about 6 years ago I purchased 6 terracotta pots from £1 shop. The only problem was the decoration at the top broke off. I still have one left which is perfect. I do find...
    An old thread I know but about 6 years ago I purchased 6 terracotta pots from £1 shop. The only problem was the decoration at the top broke off. I still have one left which is perfect. I do find these £1 shop potties these days are very naff so do not buy them anymore. Had a thing about...
    An old thread I know but about 6 years ago I purchased 6 terracotta pots from £1 shop. The only problem was the decoration at the top broke off. I still have one left which is perfect. I do find these £1 shop potties these days are very naff so...
    An old thread I know but about 6 years ago I purchased 6 terracotta pots from £1 shop. The only problem was the decoration at the top broke off. I still have one left which is perfect. I do find...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice