Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Selleri
    Like x 3

Summer containers 2021/2022 ideas?

Yes, I lived in Spain for the better part of 30 years! I met my wife there & we have 3 grown up children & 5 gkids! Our 3 were born in Spain & 2 of our granddaughters were as well. Now 1 of our...
    Yes, I lived in Spain for the better part of 30 years! I met my wife there & we have 3 grown up children & 5 gkids! Our 3 were born in Spain & 2 of our granddaughters were as well. Now 1 of our sons still lives there & has a daughter with his partner. The other two followed us back to the UK....
    Yes, I lived in Spain for the better part of 30 years! I met my wife there & we have 3 grown up children & 5 gkids! Our 3 were born in Spain & 2 of our granddaughters were as well. Now 1 of our sons still lives there & has a daughter with his...
    Yes, I lived in Spain for the better part of 30 years! I met my wife there & we have 3 grown up children & 5 gkids! Our 3 were born in Spain & 2 of our granddaughters were as well. Now 1 of our...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3.   » Normal Threads
  4. hydrogardener
    Like x 3

Zucchini in containers.

Thanks so much for getting back to me!I just checked and they say your planter is around 1,5 cubic feet in volume, so 40 liters. Someone said 25 quarts, which is actually less than that, 30...
    Thanks so much for getting back to me!I just checked and they say your planter is around 1,5 cubic feet in volume, so 40 liters. Someone said 25 quarts, which is actually less than that, 30 liters or so. But I will go with the higher volume just in case.
    Thanks so much for getting back to me!I just checked and they say your planter is around 1,5 cubic feet in volume, so 40 liters. Someone said 25 quarts, which is actually less than that, 30 liters or so. But I will go with the higher volume...
    Thanks so much for getting back to me!I just checked and they say your planter is around 1,5 cubic feet in volume, so 40 liters. Someone said 25 quarts, which is actually less than that, 30...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Fern4

Zinc pots.

Oh I see...I was just starting to think that these pots were more trouble than they're worth! Polystyrene it is!
    Oh I see...I was just starting to think that these pots were more trouble than they're worth! Polystyrene it is!
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. TheWingco

Yucca - are these roots?

Thanks fellas. Can't say what variety it is as - along with a couple of other similarly affected varieties - it was rescued from a deceased's garden.
    Thanks fellas. Can't say what variety it is as - along with a couple of other similarly affected varieties - it was rescued from a deceased's garden.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Jojeba

Yellowing fig plant - am I over or under watering?

Looks like Ficus carica , never seen one grown as a house plant before.They tend to be deciduous when growing outdoors, I'm really surprised it has leaves at this time of the year.
    Looks like Ficus carica , never seen one grown as a house plant before.They tend to be deciduous when growing outdoors, I'm really surprised it has leaves at this time of the year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Jblakes

Year round plants

Cheers guys, I'll have a look into what's been suggestedRegards James
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. kels

Yarrow pot plant

I have a yarrow pot plant that has grown/spread around the pot very fast. I like the look and texture of this plant. I have two questions If put into the ground some were its protected from wind...
    I have a yarrow pot plant that has grown/spread around the pot very fast. I like the look and texture of this plant. I have two questions If put into the ground some were its protected from wind and rain will this spread as thats a worry so maybe thinking just get a very huge pot and try and...
    I have a yarrow pot plant that has grown/spread around the pot very fast. I like the look and texture of this plant. I have two questions If put into the ground some were its protected from wind and rain will this spread as thats a worry so...
    I have a yarrow pot plant that has grown/spread around the pot very fast. I like the look and texture of this plant. I have two questions If put into the ground some were its protected from wind...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Nikolaos

Would this choisya be fine in this container?

Yes, best to stick to your friend number 3 :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. DaveTheNoice

Wooden Garden Planters

Same here! :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. pamsdish

Wooden Containers

So perusing the threads as I do, my O.H. chimes up "When the front is paved you won`t have any gardening to do":dunno:What planet does he come from I often wonder.:rolleyespink: Surely to get colour or interest...
    So perusing the threads as I do, my O.H. chimes up "When the front is paved you won`t have any gardening to do":dunno:What planet does he come from I often wonder.:rolleyespink: Surely to get colour or interest in them throughout the whole year will take more thought and management, :scratch: than a border ,where plants...
    So perusing the threads as I do, my O.H. chimes up "When the front is paved you won`t have any gardening to do":dunno:What planet does he come from I often wonder.:rolleyespink: Surely to get colour or interest in them throughout the whole year will take more...
    So perusing the threads as I do, my O.H. chimes up "When the front is paved you won`t have any gardening to do":dunno:What planet does he come from I often wonder.:rolleyespink: Surely to get colour or interest...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Mr zen

Wistiera in containers?

WHere are you jmsadare? Must be somewhere hot if you have fresh flowers on your wisteria!
    WHere are you jmsadare? Must be somewhere hot if you have fresh flowers on your wisteria!
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. MikoLee

Wisteria in containers?

I've got a tiny one against my back garden fence. Like a lot of garden plants this spring I didn't expect it to survive that murderous winter period that wiped out so many plants.But...
    I've got a tiny one against my back garden fence. Like a lot of garden plants this spring I didn't expect it to survive that murderous winter period that wiped out so many plants.But miraculously the skinny little wimpy thing is sprouting it's spring leaves!! If this thing gets going I'm going...
    I've got a tiny one against my back garden fence. Like a lot of garden plants this spring I didn't expect it to survive that murderous winter period that wiped out so many plants.But miraculously the skinny little wimpy thing is sprouting it's...
    I've got a tiny one against my back garden fence. Like a lot of garden plants this spring I didn't expect it to survive that murderous winter period that wiped out so many plants.But...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Delta

Wisteria feeding?

I've got a 4-yo air-layered Wisteria tree growing in a 10 inch pot currently (same one it arrived to me in 2 months ago). It's wonderfully healthy having seen off a heavy slug attack, & growing...
    I've got a 4-yo air-layered Wisteria tree growing in a 10 inch pot currently (same one it arrived to me in 2 months ago). It's wonderfully healthy having seen off a heavy slug attack, & growing crazily (as they do).However, I'm trying to prepare it for when it'll hopefully be ready to flower...
    I've got a 4-yo air-layered Wisteria tree growing in a 10 inch pot currently (same one it arrived to me in 2 months ago). It's wonderfully healthy having seen off a heavy slug attack, & growing crazily (as they do).However, I'm trying to...
    I've got a 4-yo air-layered Wisteria tree growing in a 10 inch pot currently (same one it arrived to me in 2 months ago). It's wonderfully healthy having seen off a heavy slug attack, & growing...
    Wisteria (Small).JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. enchanté jardinier

Window Box Building Steps - My railings planters

Hello,To decorate my wrap around porch, I made these window box or planters or railings flower box.Easy to make.Steps ----> My window boxes
    Hello,To decorate my wrap around porch, I made these window box or planters or railings flower box.Easy to make.Steps ----> My window boxes
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. mazambo

Wilko tub and basket compost

Hi everyone, picked up a few bags of wilko tub and basket compost for the wife today, handy size 20L, my wife's just used one and I was reading the back of the bag and noticed it was 100% peat +...
    Hi everyone, picked up a few bags of wilko tub and basket compost for the wife today, handy size 20L, my wife's just used one and I was reading the back of the bag and noticed it was 100% peat + gel and food for 6 weeks, not going to freak about it, it'll be used up because I've got it but i...
    Hi everyone, picked up a few bags of wilko tub and basket compost for the wife today, handy size 20L, my wife's just used one and I was reading the back of the bag and noticed it was 100% peat + gel and food for 6 weeks, not going to freak about...
    Hi everyone, picked up a few bags of wilko tub and basket compost for the wife today, handy size 20L, my wife's just used one and I was reading the back of the bag and noticed it was 100% peat +...
    20190603_184923.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Alpine 1

Why is peat free wet with soil meter?

Exactly.I've read a number of articles around the internet where people are complaining that peat free compost doesn't work so well. My interpretation is that peat free compost doesn't work so...
    Exactly.I've read a number of articles around the internet where people are complaining that peat free compost doesn't work so well. My interpretation is that peat free compost doesn't work so well if you treat it exactly the same as peat based. I guess it just introduces a new learning...
    Exactly.I've read a number of articles around the internet where people are complaining that peat free compost doesn't work so well. My interpretation is that peat free compost doesn't work so well if you treat it exactly the same as peat...
    Exactly.I've read a number of articles around the internet where people are complaining that peat free compost doesn't work so well. My interpretation is that peat free compost doesn't work so...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. hoofy

White Weigela in a pot

That's not an option, you need a bigger garden:thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. The Unusual Fruit Garden
    Like x 8

Whiskey Barrel Planter x2 Styles

Hi @BeeHappy you can purchase them on ebay mate, as i've seen them being sold on there plus some garden centre's do them but like pots but i'd go down the ebay road :snorky:
    Hi @BeeHappy you can purchase them on ebay mate, as i've seen them being sold on there plus some garden centre's do them but like pots but i'd go down the ebay road :snorky:
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Jeremy Field

Which soil/compost needed for growing Thuja Smaragd Emerald in planters?

Cypress roots generally go down more than they go out, so the pot might limit growth. They also don't grow as fast as you might want for a screen.Bamboo will certainly do the job well, and it'll...
    Cypress roots generally go down more than they go out, so the pot might limit growth. They also don't grow as fast as you might want for a screen.Bamboo will certainly do the job well, and it'll give you your screen more quickly. It's also damn near impossible to kill. I like green stemmed...
    Cypress roots generally go down more than they go out, so the pot might limit growth. They also don't grow as fast as you might want for a screen.Bamboo will certainly do the job well, and it'll give you your screen more quickly. It's also damn...
    Cypress roots generally go down more than they go out, so the pot might limit growth. They also don't grow as fast as you might want for a screen.Bamboo will certainly do the job well, and it'll...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Hockeynut

Where's the cheapest place to get tomato size containers?

Aldi do some sturdy black plastic buckets at under a pound they'll last for years.
    Aldi do some sturdy black plastic buckets at under a pound they'll last for years.
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Howard Stone

Where's the best place to buy compost online?

Why not contact your local garden centers, lots of them will deliver and you usually have a decent selection of well known brands to choose from.
    Why not contact your local garden centers, lots of them will deliver and you usually have a decent selection of well known brands to choose from.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice