Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Selleri
    Like x 3

Summer containers 2021/2022 ideas?

Yes, I lived in Spain for the better part of 30 years! I met my wife there & we have 3 grown up children & 5 gkids! Our 3 were born in Spain & 2 of our granddaughters were as well. Now 1 of our...
    Yes, I lived in Spain for the better part of 30 years! I met my wife there & we have 3 grown up children & 5 gkids! Our 3 were born in Spain & 2 of our granddaughters were as well. Now 1 of our sons still lives there & has a daughter with his partner. The other two followed us back to the UK....
    Yes, I lived in Spain for the better part of 30 years! I met my wife there & we have 3 grown up children & 5 gkids! Our 3 were born in Spain & 2 of our granddaughters were as well. Now 1 of our sons still lives there & has a daughter with his...
    Yes, I lived in Spain for the better part of 30 years! I met my wife there & we have 3 grown up children & 5 gkids! Our 3 were born in Spain & 2 of our granddaughters were as well. Now 1 of our...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3.   » Normal Threads
  4. Craig1987

Begonia hanging baskets

I have just placed my order with Jersey Direct. I ordered 70 Begonia Sparkle - trailing and 70 Begonia Amber Delight for a total of £25.98. I'm going to clear large areas of my borders and...
    I have just placed my order with Jersey Direct. I ordered 70 Begonia Sparkle - trailing and 70 Begonia Amber Delight for a total of £25.98. I'm going to clear large areas of my borders and plant the 'delights' to bring in some nice colour. I think i put in too many different plants within...
    I have just placed my order with Jersey Direct. I ordered 70 Begonia Sparkle - trailing and 70 Begonia Amber Delight for a total of £25.98. I'm going to clear large areas of my borders and plant the 'delights' to bring in some nice colour. I...
    I have just placed my order with Jersey Direct. I ordered 70 Begonia Sparkle - trailing and 70 Begonia Amber Delight for a total of £25.98. I'm going to clear large areas of my borders and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Fresh Air

How often do you feed Hanging Baskets

Looks like this year 1st June !!! Spruce
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. rosielee

small pot plants for grave containers

Hi Everyone Theres some good tips and ideas here which I will probably follow up. I'm sure using plants will be far easier than using cut flowers. It takes so long to cut the stems and trim the...
    Hi Everyone Theres some good tips and ideas here which I will probably follow up. I'm sure using plants will be far easier than using cut flowers. It takes so long to cut the stems and trim the leaves and push them in the holes especially in the winter when its freezing! Many thanks to you all.
    Hi Everyone Theres some good tips and ideas here which I will probably follow up. I'm sure using plants will be far easier than using cut flowers. It takes so long to cut the stems and trim the leaves and push them in the holes especially in the...
    Hi Everyone Theres some good tips and ideas here which I will probably follow up. I'm sure using plants will be far easier than using cut flowers. It takes so long to cut the stems and trim the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Jo Sara

Label Residue on Terracotta

Try this Scrungee. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. IceColdRum

Painting Terracotta Pots?

This summer, you just know we are going to want to see pictures of them planted up, don't you? :heehee:
    This summer, you just know we are going to want to see pictures of them planted up, don't you? :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. racheyf

Have I killed my potted Hydrangea?

Fantastic advice - thank you. I did wonder this morning if I should indeed be drying out the plant to reverse the effects.It's raining like mad here now which is the last thing I need! Tomorrow...
    Fantastic advice - thank you. I did wonder this morning if I should indeed be drying out the plant to reverse the effects.It's raining like mad here now which is the last thing I need! Tomorrow is another day...
    Fantastic advice - thank you. I did wonder this morning if I should indeed be drying out the plant to reverse the effects.It's raining like mad here now which is the last thing I need! Tomorrow is another day...
    Fantastic advice - thank you. I did wonder this morning if I should indeed be drying out the plant to reverse the effects.It's raining like mad here now which is the last thing I need! Tomorrow...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. ashley1234

Cordyline going yellow

Ok , I leave them to drop naturally and just talk to it !
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Monty33

How to water pot plants when on holiday ?

Er, yes, but be a bit careful. Some of you may recall the disaster I had two years ago when I asked the neighbour to water the plants, and he didn't water the climbing plants by the fence,...
    Er, yes, but be a bit careful. Some of you may recall the disaster I had two years ago when I asked the neighbour to water the plants, and he didn't water the climbing plants by the fence, because he 'didn't realise they were part of the garden'....although I had specifically left him a note...
    Er, yes, but be a bit careful. Some of you may recall the disaster I had two years ago when I asked the neighbour to water the plants, and he didn't water the climbing plants by the fence, because he 'didn't realise they were part of the...
    Er, yes, but be a bit careful. Some of you may recall the disaster I had two years ago when I asked the neighbour to water the plants, and he didn't water the climbing plants by the fence,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. debbietook

Inexpensive large containers?

i have some tin baths and old galvanised pots - dont know how much they would cost but they might be good for growing blueberrys in, try a junk yard or reclamation site? loopy
    i have some tin baths and old galvanised pots - dont know how much they would cost but they might be good for growing blueberrys in, try a junk yard or reclamation site? loopy
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. JackJJW

Growing a Cornus Kousa in a container?

The sources I have read contradict each other, RHS says "any soil", others say "Acid" and indeed one said that soil must be alkaline! Most say "well drained" but some say prefers clay ...FWIW...
    The sources I have read contradict each other, RHS says "any soil", others say "Acid" and indeed one said that soil must be alkaline! Most say "well drained" but some say prefers clay ...FWIW my 2p-worth would be:Seems to grow slowly when young. I think it might be worth raising it in a pot...
    The sources I have read contradict each other, RHS says "any soil", others say "Acid" and indeed one said that soil must be alkaline! Most say "well drained" but some say prefers clay ...FWIW my 2p-worth would be:Seems to grow slowly when...
    The sources I have read contradict each other, RHS says "any soil", others say "Acid" and indeed one said that soil must be alkaline! Most say "well drained" but some say prefers clay ...FWIW...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. sal73
    Like x 5

Bonsai herbs

made this in 10 minutes thyme bonsai
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Nikolaos

Salvias in containers, what are your experiences?

Yesterday THE GARDENER brought in a couple of gone-over flowering stalks of the giant form of Salvia patens, GUANAJUATO!! What was interesting was that even the seeds were larger than normal!!...
    Yesterday THE GARDENER brought in a couple of gone-over flowering stalks of the giant form of Salvia patens, GUANAJUATO!! What was interesting was that even the seeds were larger than normal!! Obviously will sow very soon, rugby not withstanding!!
    Yesterday THE GARDENER brought in a couple of gone-over flowering stalks of the giant form of Salvia patens, GUANAJUATO!! What was interesting was that even the seeds were larger than normal!! Obviously will sow very soon, rugby not withstanding!!
    Yesterday THE GARDENER brought in a couple of gone-over flowering stalks of the giant form of Salvia patens, GUANAJUATO!! What was interesting was that even the seeds were larger than normal!!...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. nightofjoy

Companion plants for potted Ceanothus

The beast from the east has similarly damaged my large west facing specimen, very burnt in all parts except the branches near the wall. It is looking very sorry for itself. I’m hoping it’ll sprout...
    The beast from the east has similarly damaged my large west facing specimen, very burnt in all parts except the branches near the wall. It is looking very sorry for itself. I’m hoping it’ll sprout near the main branches and then I’ll cut it back. Hope they recover.
    The beast from the east has similarly damaged my large west facing specimen, very burnt in all parts except the branches near the wall. It is looking very sorry for itself. I’m hoping it’ll sprout near the main branches and then I’ll cut it back....
    The beast from the east has similarly damaged my large west facing specimen, very burnt in all parts except the branches near the wall. It is looking very sorry for itself. I’m hoping it’ll sprout...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. steven118

rusty metal container - how to use it for plants?

thanks all for being patient! yes i will learn. i will, i will, i will. cheers
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Louiseness

growing spring bulbs in containers

Hi Melinda I have just planted some Anemones for the first time. When I opened the packet it looked like I had bought a packet of stones !- They are a peculiar shape.:rolleyespink: I understand they are not...
    Hi Melinda I have just planted some Anemones for the first time. When I opened the packet it looked like I had bought a packet of stones !- They are a peculiar shape.:rolleyespink: I understand they are not fussy which way you plant them...........but if you are unsure replant them now. 5 months is a long...
    Hi Melinda I have just planted some Anemones for the first time. When I opened the packet it looked like I had bought a packet of stones !- They are a peculiar shape.:rolleyespink: I understand they are not fussy which way you plant them...........but if you...
    Hi Melinda I have just planted some Anemones for the first time. When I opened the packet it looked like I had bought a packet of stones !- They are a peculiar shape.:rolleyespink: I understand they are not...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. keithhampson

Cheap containers?

HelloHow about using those plastic/rubber type trugs, like these -Can get them really cheaply in lots of colours from so many places - should be easy to keep clean and bright and also move...
    HelloHow about using those plastic/rubber type trugs, like these -Can get them really cheaply in lots of colours from so many places - should be easy to keep clean and bright and also move about what with the handles.Natalie
    HelloHow about using those plastic/rubber type trugs, like these -Can get them really cheaply in lots of colours from so many places - should be easy to keep clean and bright and also move about what with the handles.Natalie
    HelloHow about using those plastic/rubber type trugs, like these -Can get them really cheaply in lots of colours from so many places - should be easy to keep clean and bright and also move...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. merleworld

What do you grow in containers?

The Koroneiki olive tree is flowering, so I am hand pollinating it with an artist brush. The Abrequina olive tree will have open flowers within the next few days, which I will also pollinate. I...
    The Koroneiki olive tree is flowering, so I am hand pollinating it with an artist brush. The Abrequina olive tree will have open flowers within the next few days, which I will also pollinate. I will also cross pollinate both plants to see if that increases the number of olives that set.
    The Koroneiki olive tree is flowering, so I am hand pollinating it with an artist brush. The Abrequina olive tree will have open flowers within the next few days, which I will also pollinate. I will also cross pollinate both plants to see if...
    The Koroneiki olive tree is flowering, so I am hand pollinating it with an artist brush. The Abrequina olive tree will have open flowers within the next few days, which I will also pollinate. I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. mossym

Moving Camellia from container to bed

sorry to butt in I also have a camelia in a pot and am planning to move it in the ground, mine is a 6foot monster will it hurt it to cut it down a bit and tidy it up first as not sure we can shift...
    sorry to butt in I also have a camelia in a pot and am planning to move it in the ground, mine is a 6foot monster will it hurt it to cut it down a bit and tidy it up first as not sure we can shift it as it is
    sorry to butt in I also have a camelia in a pot and am planning to move it in the ground, mine is a 6foot monster will it hurt it to cut it down a bit and tidy it up first as not sure we can shift it as it is
    sorry to butt in I also have a camelia in a pot and am planning to move it in the ground, mine is a 6foot monster will it hurt it to cut it down a bit and tidy it up first as not sure we can shift...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Howard Stone

Keeping foxes of your irrigation system.

I wonder if I could possibly pick your brains on your watering system, I am helping to develop a new version of our flood/leak detection and prevention system. At the moment it only switches water...
    I wonder if I could possibly pick your brains on your watering system, I am helping to develop a new version of our flood/leak detection and prevention system. At the moment it only switches water off if flow is detected for a set amount of time (shuts of the mains water and sounds an alarm), we...
    I wonder if I could possibly pick your brains on your watering system, I am helping to develop a new version of our flood/leak detection and prevention system. At the moment it only switches water off if flow is detected for a set amount of time...
    I wonder if I could possibly pick your brains on your watering system, I am helping to develop a new version of our flood/leak detection and prevention system. At the moment it only switches water...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. HumaadGardening

Thin and wiry clematis?

I've got one in a container that had just 2 very thin stems, one snapped and the other got munched by slugs and now 3/4 new stems are coming from the base. :hapydancsmil:
    I've got one in a container that had just 2 very thin stems, one snapped and the other got munched by slugs and now 3/4 new stems are coming from the base. :hapydancsmil:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice