1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Container Gardening

Discussion relating to growing within the confines of a Container

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. simon n
    Like x 9

newbie and some information please?

Hi Simon, you have a lovely looking garden and that outdoor furniture no doubt makes it a nice place to sit and have dinner on sunny days. Have you considered getting a gazebo for covering though...
    Hi Simon, you have a lovely looking garden and that outdoor furniture no doubt makes it a nice place to sit and have dinner on sunny days. Have you considered getting a gazebo for covering though in case it rains? Then you can stay outside still and be protected and keep the elements off that...
    Hi Simon, you have a lovely looking garden and that outdoor furniture no doubt makes it a nice place to sit and have dinner on sunny days. Have you considered getting a gazebo for covering though in case it rains? Then you can stay outside still...
    Hi Simon, you have a lovely looking garden and that outdoor furniture no doubt makes it a nice place to sit and have dinner on sunny days. Have you considered getting a gazebo for covering though...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Jo Sara

Label Residue on Terracotta

Try this Scrungee. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Gareth Hughes

Plants for a shady corner!

Hawkshead is a brilliant choice as it's the only white fuchsia that really does stay white, it doesn't go pink at all, and it seems to sparkle in the shade.
    Hawkshead is a brilliant choice as it's the only white fuchsia that really does stay white, it doesn't go pink at all, and it seems to sparkle in the shade.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Monty33

How to water pot plants when on holiday ?

Er, yes, but be a bit careful. Some of you may recall the disaster I had two years ago when I asked the neighbour to water the plants, and he didn't water the climbing plants by the fence,...
    Er, yes, but be a bit careful. Some of you may recall the disaster I had two years ago when I asked the neighbour to water the plants, and he didn't water the climbing plants by the fence, because he 'didn't realise they were part of the garden'....although I had specifically left him a note...
    Er, yes, but be a bit careful. Some of you may recall the disaster I had two years ago when I asked the neighbour to water the plants, and he didn't water the climbing plants by the fence, because he 'didn't realise they were part of the...
    Er, yes, but be a bit careful. Some of you may recall the disaster I had two years ago when I asked the neighbour to water the plants, and he didn't water the climbing plants by the fence,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. hi2u_uk

what to plant now

If the spot is sunny, Rosemary would fit the bill well. It's very attractive evergreen shrub with lovely blue flowers in late spring.Rosemary is well known kitchen herb but it also has a (very)...
    If the spot is sunny, Rosemary would fit the bill well. It's very attractive evergreen shrub with lovely blue flowers in late spring.Rosemary is well known kitchen herb but it also has a (very) long history as a medicinal plant and plenty of beliefs and folklore too if you are interested....
    If the spot is sunny, Rosemary would fit the bill well. It's very attractive evergreen shrub with lovely blue flowers in late spring.Rosemary is well known kitchen herb but it also has a (very) long history as a medicinal plant and plenty of...
    If the spot is sunny, Rosemary would fit the bill well. It's very attractive evergreen shrub with lovely blue flowers in late spring.Rosemary is well known kitchen herb but it also has a (very)...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Nikolaos

Drainage In Containers

My guest room is pink and I HAVE been tempted to paint elephants on the ceiling :whistle:
    My guest room is pink and I HAVE been tempted to paint elephants on the ceiling :whistle:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. goosegog5555

Hanging baskets

Thanks Shiney. Both packs of seeds are a year old, so we shall see. Years ago I started "my love lies bleeding" and used them somewhere, they die off naturally with the first frost in...
    Thanks Shiney. Both packs of seeds are a year old, so we shall see. Years ago I started "my love lies bleeding" and used them somewhere, they die off naturally with the first frost in October. It is a rare for me to start seeds anymore, just to busy, so this is the only effort I will probably...
    Thanks Shiney. Both packs of seeds are a year old, so we shall see. Years ago I started "my love lies bleeding" and used them somewhere, they die off naturally with the first frost in October. It is a rare for me to start seeds anymore, just to...
    Thanks Shiney. Both packs of seeds are a year old, so we shall see. Years ago I started "my love lies bleeding" and used them somewhere, they die off naturally with the first frost in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Balc
    Like x 5

Gardening on a balcony

Can't wait to see it in bloom!
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Fairview

Standard Bay Tree

Nigella Lawson has great recipe for lamb with lots of fresh bay leaves.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. totalwise
    Like x 5

Strawberry tower questions

Strawberries can be grown in fully hydroponic conditions so the issue probably isn't due to the soil itself but rather that the low quanity of soil dries out quickly. I have noticed with my tower...
    Strawberries can be grown in fully hydroponic conditions so the issue probably isn't due to the soil itself but rather that the low quanity of soil dries out quickly. I have noticed with my tower than I need to water it every day. Will need to invest in a water pump of some sort that will water...
    Strawberries can be grown in fully hydroponic conditions so the issue probably isn't due to the soil itself but rather that the low quanity of soil dries out quickly. I have noticed with my tower than I need to water it every day. Will need to...
    Strawberries can be grown in fully hydroponic conditions so the issue probably isn't due to the soil itself but rather that the low quanity of soil dries out quickly. I have noticed with my tower...
    strawberry planter.jpg Image0015.JPG planter 2.jpg runner pots.JPG 20180801_164151.jpg 20180801_164128.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. IceColdRum

Painting Terracotta Pots?

This summer, you just know we are going to want to see pictures of them planted up, don't you? :heehee:
    This summer, you just know we are going to want to see pictures of them planted up, don't you? :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. DaveTheNoice

Wooden Garden Planters

Same here! :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. sal73
    Like x 5

Bonsai herbs

made this in 10 minutes thyme bonsai
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. groundbeetle

Ipomoea purpurea(Morning Glory) in a pot?

I only knew of one, Kerria japonica! So thanks for the info! :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Loki
    Like x 3

Spring bulbs..... in pots. What are you all planning?

I don't pot them. But last spring thought about setting up one of my hanging pots with bulbs to put out by my mailbox in April and have them bloom there. I have a hook thing at my mail box. ...
    I don't pot them. But last spring thought about setting up one of my hanging pots with bulbs to put out by my mailbox in April and have them bloom there. I have a hook thing at my mail box. Have to ponder this.
    I don't pot them. But last spring thought about setting up one of my hanging pots with bulbs to put out by my mailbox in April and have them bloom there. I have a hook thing at my mail box. Have to ponder this.
    I don't pot them. But last spring thought about setting up one of my hanging pots with bulbs to put out by my mailbox in April and have them bloom there. I have a hook thing at my mail box. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Who am I?

I need to buy a big tub for a Phyllostachys nigra.

Thanks for the link mazambo.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Gareth Hughes
    Like x 10

Garden update.

Garden is looking rather colourful
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. debbietook

Inexpensive large containers?

i have some tin baths and old galvanised pots - dont know how much they would cost but they might be good for growing blueberrys in, try a junk yard or reclamation site? loopy
    i have some tin baths and old galvanised pots - dont know how much they would cost but they might be good for growing blueberrys in, try a junk yard or reclamation site? loopy
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. SarahN75

Climbers in containers

Err on the side of caution, one plant per pot and try and get as big as possible for them so they won't need re-potting for some years. Get pots you like as well-if they are going to be visible...
    Err on the side of caution, one plant per pot and try and get as big as possible for them so they won't need re-potting for some years. Get pots you like as well-if they are going to be visible you want them to look good!
    Err on the side of caution, one plant per pot and try and get as big as possible for them so they won't need re-potting for some years. Get pots you like as well-if they are going to be visible you want them to look good!
    Err on the side of caution, one plant per pot and try and get as big as possible for them so they won't need re-potting for some years. Get pots you like as well-if they are going to be visible...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. KT53

Anybody seen my Hostas?

I hadn't realised that Siberian Tiger was a new variety. That explains why it's comparatively expensive on some sites. Most of the hostas I've bought this year have been well under a tenner.
    I hadn't realised that Siberian Tiger was a new variety. That explains why it's comparatively expensive on some sites. Most of the hostas I've bought this year have been well under a tenner.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice