1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Container Gardening

Discussion relating to growing within the confines of a Container

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. misterQ
    Like x 5

Buddleja "tree" in a pot

This is why location is a factor B.[/USER] The seed would struggle to be viable and then germinate and grow over winter conditions here. People often moan about the amount of Verbena bonariensis...
    This is why location is a factor B.[/USER] The seed would struggle to be viable and then germinate and grow over winter conditions here. People often moan about the amount of Verbena bonariensis they get seeding around. They're a rarity here for self seeding. If I get any, it's when they seed...
    This is why location is a factor B.[/USER] The seed would struggle to be viable and then germinate and grow over winter conditions here. People often moan about the amount of Verbena bonariensis they get seeding around. They're a rarity here for...
    This is why location is a factor B.[/USER] The seed would struggle to be viable and then germinate and grow over winter conditions here. People often moan about the amount of Verbena bonariensis...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Stephen1986

Acer Tree: Help Please

I agree with all the expert opinions and advice given, Stephen, but, as Spruce said, taking the tree out to inspect the roots will probably have a negative effect, especially during the growing...
    I agree with all the expert opinions and advice given, Stephen, but, as Spruce said, taking the tree out to inspect the roots will probably have a negative effect, especially during the growing season, so it might not recover, but I hope I'm wrong.You might find a compost mixture of three...
    I agree with all the expert opinions and advice given, Stephen, but, as Spruce said, taking the tree out to inspect the roots will probably have a negative effect, especially during the growing season, so it might not recover, but I hope I'm...
    I agree with all the expert opinions and advice given, Stephen, but, as Spruce said, taking the tree out to inspect the roots will probably have a negative effect, especially during the growing...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Lottie222

Brown blackberry leaves?

I will indeed :)Is it Scrungee? I have ZERO idea!
    1E6CF259-66AB-4456-9E92-59411D29CD95.jpeg frosted.jpg 35645600_10155334885336150_6518101024777961472_n.jpg 35645600_10155334885336150_6518101024777961472_n.jpg 35645600_10155334885336150_6518101024777961472_n.jpg 35653255_10155336279156150_5579808678153814016_n.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Jack Sparrow

I would like a specimen tree on my patio

Fairly sure I mentioned this to JS in another thread ... in fact, I know I did because I offered him one and @shiney suggested if we both made it to shineyland this year I could give it to him...
    Fairly sure I mentioned this to JS in another thread ... in fact, I know I did because I offered him one and @shiney suggested if we both made it to shineyland this year I could give it to him there (ever practical our shiney!)
    Fairly sure I mentioned this to JS in another thread ... in fact, I know I did because I offered him one and @shiney suggested if we both made it to shineyland this year I could give it to him there (ever practical our shiney!)
    Fairly sure I mentioned this to JS in another thread ... in fact, I know I did because I offered him one and @shiney suggested if we both made it to shineyland this year I could give it to him...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Adam D

Fushia for container help

Hi Adam,Calm down a bit :)It's way too early to be thinking about what is going to happen in 4 or 5 months time. I don't really want to go into all the detail now as by the time it comes to the...
    Hi Adam,Calm down a bit :)It's way too early to be thinking about what is going to happen in 4 or 5 months time. I don't really want to go into all the detail now as by the time it comes to the right time it'll all be forgotten. Or it'll be lost in the threads.Just for the next few months...
    Hi Adam,Calm down a bit :)It's way too early to be thinking about what is going to happen in 4 or 5 months time. I don't really want to go into all the detail now as by the time it comes to the right time it'll all be forgotten. Or it'll be...
    Hi Adam,Calm down a bit :)It's way too early to be thinking about what is going to happen in 4 or 5 months time. I don't really want to go into all the detail now as by the time it comes to the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. TurnedThespian
    Like x 17

Piccies of my container garden

Lovely! Really nice scheme there. May I ask what the brightish pink one in pics one and two is? Thank you.
    Lovely! Really nice scheme there. May I ask what the brightish pink one in pics one and two is? Thank you.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. al n

Thinking ahead, hanging baskets

It's the one about 100 yards opposite the wright car centre and heatherland. Never been to premier, but thanks, that's on my visit list now! :)
    It's the one about 100 yards opposite the wright car centre and heatherland. Never been to premier, but thanks, that's on my visit list now! :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Folly Mon
    Like x 4

New Plant Pot

:wub2: i love Him
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Outlander
    Like x 3

Pruning a container Buddleja

They are dwarf...relatvely dwarf....but they need better treatment than the usual buddleias. Buddleia buzz ivory and magenta are two I grow (in the ground):)
    They are dwarf...relatvely dwarf....but they need better treatment than the usual buddleias. Buddleia buzz ivory and magenta are two I grow (in the ground):)
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Adam D
    Like x 7

Making my own metal containers

Thanks for the tip M.Got round to making some square to round containers today also some tubs with climbing frames built into them to many ideas not enough time.
    Thanks for the tip M.Got round to making some square to round containers today also some tubs with climbing frames built into them to many ideas not enough time.
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Snowbaby

Can I grow these in pots?

Never thought of that! I might try and plant it tmor somewhereSent from my GT-N7000
    Never thought of that! I might try and plant it tmor somewhereSent from my GT-N7000
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. merleworld

Suggestions please for a large planter

After all that faffing and buying a Choisya, I ended up moving one of the other Rhodos into that spot cos it was getting rather tall and outgrowing its pot. I'ts gonna be a monster! ...
    After all that faffing and buying a Choisya, I ended up moving one of the other Rhodos into that spot cos it was getting rather tall and outgrowing its pot. I'ts gonna be a monster! Unfortunately I managed to break off some flowers on the other Rhodos while doing it. Thanks for the...
    After all that faffing and buying a Choisya, I ended up moving one of the other Rhodos into that spot cos it was getting rather tall and outgrowing its pot. I'ts gonna be a monster! Unfortunately I managed to break off some flowers on the...
    After all that faffing and buying a Choisya, I ended up moving one of the other Rhodos into that spot cos it was getting rather tall and outgrowing its pot. I'ts gonna be a monster! ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. karaman

What size of pot for a fig?

I have before made figs in port sauce. Goes very well duck. I ate it once at an hotel restaurant and decided to make it myself when I get home. Also included butternut squash puree. I did have a...
    I have before made figs in port sauce. Goes very well duck. I ate it once at an hotel restaurant and decided to make it myself when I get home. Also included butternut squash puree. I did have a photo of it but I must have deleted it. It was lovely. Very colourful too.G.
    I have before made figs in port sauce. Goes very well duck. I ate it once at an hotel restaurant and decided to make it myself when I get home. Also included butternut squash puree. I did have a photo of it but I must have deleted it. It was...
    I have before made figs in port sauce. Goes very well duck. I ate it once at an hotel restaurant and decided to make it myself when I get home. Also included butternut squash puree. I did have a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. clanless

What's Monty on about?

It'll do far better in the ground. Here's a photo from five years ago of a Jasmine that we planted ten years beforehand.From the other side..............The steel hoops that I used to...
    It'll do far better in the ground. Here's a photo from five years ago of a Jasmine that we planted ten years beforehand.From the other side..............The steel hoops that I used to form the arch rotted away and it is now self-supporting.
    It'll do far better in the ground. Here's a photo from five years ago of a Jasmine that we planted ten years beforehand.From the other side..............The steel hoops that I used to form the arch rotted away and it is now self-supporting.
    It'll do far better in the ground. Here's a photo from five years ago of a Jasmine that we planted ten years beforehand.From the other side..............The steel hoops that I used to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. silu

Ideas of what to put in these please.

I like your Stream of Forget-me-Nots Kristen. I have several urn-shaped pots on their sides and usually put Pansies or Petunias in them but now think I may create a 'stream' of Verbenas which go...
    I like your Stream of Forget-me-Nots Kristen. I have several urn-shaped pots on their sides and usually put Pansies or Petunias in them but now think I may create a 'stream' of Verbenas which go on for years here.Thanks for the idea! :star:I also put hanging baskets in pots for convenience as...
    I like your Stream of Forget-me-Nots Kristen. I have several urn-shaped pots on their sides and usually put Pansies or Petunias in them but now think I may create a 'stream' of Verbenas which go on for years here.Thanks for the idea! :star:I also...
    I like your Stream of Forget-me-Nots Kristen. I have several urn-shaped pots on their sides and usually put Pansies or Petunias in them but now think I may create a 'stream' of Verbenas which go...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. nightofjoy

Potted plants for bees...

Many thanks for last two comments jenny and spruce - to be honest plant choice was nothing to do with bees - just happen to like the cottagy/wild look and limited myself to a...
    Many thanks for last two comments jenny and spruce - to be honest plant choice was nothing to do with bees - just happen to like the cottagy/wild look and limited myself to a blue/purple/pink/white palette - but the lazy droning sound is quite pleasing in a way - insectly industrious but at the...
    Many thanks for last two comments jenny and spruce - to be honest plant choice was nothing to do with bees - just happen to like the cottagy/wild look and limited myself to a blue/purple/pink/white palette - but the lazy droning sound is quite...
    Many thanks for last two comments jenny and spruce - to be honest plant choice was nothing to do with bees - just happen to like the cottagy/wild look and limited myself to a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. keithhampson

Cheap containers?

HelloHow about using those plastic/rubber type trugs, like these -Can get them really cheaply in lots of colours from so many places - should be easy to keep clean and bright and also move...
    HelloHow about using those plastic/rubber type trugs, like these -Can get them really cheaply in lots of colours from so many places - should be easy to keep clean and bright and also move about what with the handles.Natalie
    HelloHow about using those plastic/rubber type trugs, like these -Can get them really cheaply in lots of colours from so many places - should be easy to keep clean and bright and also move about what with the handles.Natalie
    HelloHow about using those plastic/rubber type trugs, like these -Can get them really cheaply in lots of colours from so many places - should be easy to keep clean and bright and also move...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Louiseness

growing spring bulbs in containers

Hi Melinda I have just planted some Anemones for the first time. When I opened the packet it looked like I had bought a packet of stones !- They are a peculiar shape.:rolleyespink: I understand they are not...
    Hi Melinda I have just planted some Anemones for the first time. When I opened the packet it looked like I had bought a packet of stones !- They are a peculiar shape.:rolleyespink: I understand they are not fussy which way you plant them...........but if you are unsure replant them now. 5 months is a long...
    Hi Melinda I have just planted some Anemones for the first time. When I opened the packet it looked like I had bought a packet of stones !- They are a peculiar shape.:rolleyespink: I understand they are not fussy which way you plant them...........but if you...
    Hi Melinda I have just planted some Anemones for the first time. When I opened the packet it looked like I had bought a packet of stones !- They are a peculiar shape.:rolleyespink: I understand they are not...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Stingo

Container feet?

Bought them from them from the local pound shop Stingo guess what they were a pound,they had a label on from a company called roots&shoots not the usual blackspur stuff,they seem well made.
    Bought them from them from the local pound shop Stingo guess what they were a pound,they had a label on from a company called roots&shoots not the usual blackspur stuff,they seem well made.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Gn0me

Planters too small for roses? Alternatives?

I've seen plants in very bad condition this week in several shops in town, I just want to gather them all up bring them home & nurse them back to heath!
    I've seen plants in very bad condition this week in several shops in town, I just want to gather them all up bring them home & nurse them back to heath!
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice