1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Container Gardening

Discussion relating to growing within the confines of a Container

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. hi2u_uk

10-10-10 and 8-8-8 fertiliser

It looks well enough to me without feeding this year. Make sure it gets lots of sunshine to ripen that new wood.
    It looks well enough to me without feeding this year. Make sure it gets lots of sunshine to ripen that new wood.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Howard Stone

Help! How do I get a dead plant out of its pot without breaking myself or the pot?

The worst pots are those with the sort of fruit mouldings around the top. The soil gets into the mould and makes thing really difficult.
    The worst pots are those with the sort of fruit mouldings around the top. The soil gets into the mould and makes thing really difficult.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Rebaka darling

Gladiolus... When will they flower..?

Any half decent size gladioli should flower the first year in my opinion. I would want to know why if they didn't :sad: I have had freebie gladioli that have always flowered:noidea: I think gladioli would...
    Any half decent size gladioli should flower the first year in my opinion. I would want to know why if they didn't :sad: I have had freebie gladioli that have always flowered:noidea: I think gladioli would be lost amidst dahlias....Gary's question I think.....and would look better assorting with mounded...
    Any half decent size gladioli should flower the first year in my opinion. I would want to know why if they didn't :sad: I have had freebie gladioli that have always flowered:noidea: I think gladioli would be lost amidst dahlias....Gary's question I...
    Any half decent size gladioli should flower the first year in my opinion. I would want to know why if they didn't :sad: I have had freebie gladioli that have always flowered:noidea: I think gladioli would...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Jack Sparrow
    Like x 4

Blue Flower Displays

Here in Cornwall hibiscus grows well and fast. Given sunshine, good drainage and reasonable shelter my hibiscus flowers in mid to late August
    Here in Cornwall hibiscus grows well and fast. Given sunshine, good drainage and reasonable shelter my hibiscus flowers in mid to late August
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Nick_MSM

Ideas for contemporary pots/garden..

the spiky one will look great in the borders and really offset whatever else you put in there.
    the spiky one will look great in the borders and really offset whatever else you put in there.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Star Jasmine

Easy Fill Hanging Baskets - tips needed

Trailing Lobelia SJ, Jenny namaste
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Val..

Talking of Acers.......

One of the best way to check if a plant needs watering is by picking it up and checking the weight....water the plant...let it drain off for an hour ...go back and pick it up.....check the...
    One of the best way to check if a plant needs watering is by picking it up and checking the weight....water the plant...let it drain off for an hour ...go back and pick it up.....check the weight... Go back a few days later ...check the weight.... If its light ... Water it.... If its same weight...
    One of the best way to check if a plant needs watering is by picking it up and checking the weight....water the plant...let it drain off for an hour ...go back and pick it up.....check the weight... Go back a few days later ...check the...
    One of the best way to check if a plant needs watering is by picking it up and checking the weight....water the plant...let it drain off for an hour ...go back and pick it up.....check the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Craig1987

Oak barrels - planters

So, basically it all boils down to whether the barrels are of decent quality or not? I plan on getting one this spring.
    So, basically it all boils down to whether the barrels are of decent quality or not? I plan on getting one this spring.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. rustyroots

Cleaning pots etc.

Bleach it is then. Thanks all.Rusty
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. hi2u_uk

is this big enough to transfer to the garden soil

Its only been going outside for 3 or hours but yes it is kept at the window most of the tome
    Its only been going outside for 3 or hours but yes it is kept at the window most of the tome
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. ChangeAgent

Help with pruning one of my balcony pot-plants Thuja Hiba or Thujopsis dolabrata

several times trimming is OK. Thanks Pete, for your help.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. fumanchu

I want...

No problem @Black Dog:)Living in Scotland which is not the driest country in the world! I can only grow some Turks Head Lillies in the borders as I have found other varieties of Lillies really...
    No problem @Black Dog:)Living in Scotland which is not the driest country in the world! I can only grow some Turks Head Lillies in the borders as I have found other varieties of Lillies really object to winter wet. This is why I grow Lillies in tubs. They stay in situ and are not fussed by very...
    No problem @Black Dog:)Living in Scotland which is not the driest country in the world! I can only grow some Turks Head Lillies in the borders as I have found other varieties of Lillies really object to winter wet. This is why I grow Lillies in...
    No problem @Black Dog:)Living in Scotland which is not the driest country in the world! I can only grow some Turks Head Lillies in the borders as I have found other varieties of Lillies really...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Black Orchid

Need help with Hibiscus Chiffon tricolour

Thank you very much for your replies. I wrote to the Gardening Express and they assured me that it is normal to have plants looking like mine. But I do not agree that plants covered with lichen...
    Thank you very much for your replies. I wrote to the Gardening Express and they assured me that it is normal to have plants looking like mine. But I do not agree that plants covered with lichen should be sold by Garden centres. At least they should warn their customers about such a possibility. ...
    Thank you very much for your replies. I wrote to the Gardening Express and they assured me that it is normal to have plants looking like mine. But I do not agree that plants covered with lichen should be sold by Garden centres. At least they...
    Thank you very much for your replies. I wrote to the Gardening Express and they assured me that it is normal to have plants looking like mine. But I do not agree that plants covered with lichen...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Jack Sparrow

Can I grow a climbing plant from a container?

Dig two holes to put in two uprights, buy a trellis panel for that size. Attach one side of the trellis to one post with hinges and attach the other side to the 2nd post with a gate catch. Buy...
    Dig two holes to put in two uprights, buy a trellis panel for that size. Attach one side of the trellis to one post with hinges and attach the other side to the 2nd post with a gate catch. Buy some fake ivy to cover the trellis panel Voila! Eyesore hidden, immediate and year round cover;...
    Dig two holes to put in two uprights, buy a trellis panel for that size. Attach one side of the trellis to one post with hinges and attach the other side to the 2nd post with a gate catch. Buy some fake ivy to cover the trellis panel Voila! ...
    Dig two holes to put in two uprights, buy a trellis panel for that size. Attach one side of the trellis to one post with hinges and attach the other side to the 2nd post with a gate catch. Buy...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Paul Blackburn

What is suitable to grow in pot's

I planted the bulbs just over three weeks ago does anyone know about how long it tales the bulbs to start sprouting.
    I planted the bulbs just over three weeks ago does anyone know about how long it tales the bulbs to start sprouting.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Jan H

Hanging basket sadness

I'm lucky @"M" because I work from home :hapydancsmil:but if I go on hols I will remember that tip, thank you! I wouldn't have thought of freezing it. Great suggestion!
    I'm lucky @"M" because I work from home :hapydancsmil:but if I go on hols I will remember that tip, thank you! I wouldn't have thought of freezing it. Great suggestion!
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Gareth Hughes

Summer bulbs

I have a patio garden so i have to plant in pots. Having a grow house has really helped. Waiting on my calla lily and crocrosmia before i start hardening them outside during the day and in the...
    I have a patio garden so i have to plant in pots. Having a grow house has really helped. Waiting on my calla lily and crocrosmia before i start hardening them outside during the day and in the growhouse untill early May.
    I have a patio garden so i have to plant in pots. Having a grow house has really helped. Waiting on my calla lily and crocrosmia before i start hardening them outside during the day and in the growhouse untill early May.
    I have a patio garden so i have to plant in pots. Having a grow house has really helped. Waiting on my calla lily and crocrosmia before i start hardening them outside during the day and in the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. merleworld

Low maintenance hanging baskets?

She has indeed gone for the fake balls option (ooer missus) :snork:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. fat_taff

New raised beds

Just to add to the reclaimed lark, I use Iroko wood which does not have those nasty creosote or other treatments added to them. African hardwood is a good and cheap alternative to Oak.
    Just to add to the reclaimed lark, I use Iroko wood which does not have those nasty creosote or other treatments added to them. African hardwood is a good and cheap alternative to Oak.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Debs64

The dreaded vine weevil

Today I took 32 grubs out of one medium sized pot. I think I need those nematodes!
    Today I took 32 grubs out of one medium sized pot. I think I need those nematodes!
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice