aha that timer looks great - thanks!
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. simon n

A few new purchases, and updated pics.

Simon, your garden looks brilliant. I could spend all day pottering around your pots.
    Simon, your garden looks brilliant. I could spend all day pottering around your pots.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Bilbo675
    Like x 13

Been A Busy Bee lol

They look brilliant. I'm not surprised people want you to do theirs! :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Ciryluk

Layered Bulb Tubs

Nice effort Cheryl. It`s just a pity it didn`t come right in the end. It would have been amazing I`ll bet. No need to have species only though, unless you prefer that. I have a tub with crocus...
    Nice effort Cheryl. It`s just a pity it didn`t come right in the end. It would have been amazing I`ll bet. No need to have species only though, unless you prefer that. I have a tub with crocus and Iris for early flowers and black tulips for a little later. The heads are only just forming on...
    Nice effort Cheryl. It`s just a pity it didn`t come right in the end. It would have been amazing I`ll bet. No need to have species only though, unless you prefer that. I have a tub with crocus and Iris for early flowers and black tulips for a...
    Nice effort Cheryl. It`s just a pity it didn`t come right in the end. It would have been amazing I`ll bet. No need to have species only though, unless you prefer that. I have a tub with crocus...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. "M"
    Like x 3

"Bottle" garden

Oh, the Mother of All Excuses! Mum, I love you :yes: My favourite pastime number 1 is of course gardening, closely followed by number 2, reading gardening books while sipping nice wine. I was gently...
    Oh, the Mother of All Excuses! Mum, I love you :yes: My favourite pastime number 1 is of course gardening, closely followed by number 2, reading gardening books while sipping nice wine. I was gently advised by Mr Selleri that I might want to concentrate more on pastime number one, just for health...
    Oh, the Mother of All Excuses! Mum, I love you :yes: My favourite pastime number 1 is of course gardening, closely followed by number 2, reading gardening books while sipping nice wine. I was gently advised by Mr Selleri that I might want to...
    Oh, the Mother of All Excuses! Mum, I love you :yes: My favourite pastime number 1 is of course gardening, closely followed by number 2, reading gardening books while sipping nice wine. I was gently...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. RudeBwoyUK

What to do with my Fuchsia's?

When I saw the question I was going to suggest digging a hole etc but someone beat me to it! I've used this method and yes it works fine, especially if you don't have a heated greenhouse or live...
    When I saw the question I was going to suggest digging a hole etc but someone beat me to it! I've used this method and yes it works fine, especially if you don't have a heated greenhouse or live in a pretty cold part of the world. I usually bury them in my unheated greenhouse where the tomatoes...
    When I saw the question I was going to suggest digging a hole etc but someone beat me to it! I've used this method and yes it works fine, especially if you don't have a heated greenhouse or live in a pretty cold part of the world. I usually bury...
    When I saw the question I was going to suggest digging a hole etc but someone beat me to it! I've used this method and yes it works fine, especially if you don't have a heated greenhouse or live...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. LowiePete

Suggest a Striking Indoor Plant, Please

Hi Pete , what about a cavendish banana , that will actually produce edible bananas?will only reach a maximum of 5 feet or 3 feet for superdwarf cavendish. a second option , what...
    Hi Pete , what about a cavendish banana , that will actually produce edible bananas?will only reach a maximum of 5 feet or 3 feet for superdwarf cavendish. a second option , what about. Heliconias , do well in shadow but need warm .lady palm , can be really expencive , but it would be like...
    Hi Pete , what about a cavendish banana , that will actually produce edible bananas?will only reach a maximum of 5 feet or 3 feet for superdwarf cavendish. a second option , what about. Heliconias , do well in shadow but need warm .lady palm...
    Hi Pete , what about a cavendish banana , that will actually produce edible bananas?will only reach a maximum of 5 feet or 3 feet for superdwarf cavendish. a second option , what...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. alana

Quirky Containers

That is so inventive. It has inspired me to consider some eccentric containers of my own. I have been growing potatoes in plastic dustbins but didn't like the look of the bare black plastic so...
    That is so inventive. It has inspired me to consider some eccentric containers of my own. I have been growing potatoes in plastic dustbins but didn't like the look of the bare black plastic so dressed it in hessian sacks tied at the neck with rope from the diy shop. It looked better but I'm...
    That is so inventive. It has inspired me to consider some eccentric containers of my own. I have been growing potatoes in plastic dustbins but didn't like the look of the bare black plastic so dressed it in hessian sacks tied at the neck with...
    That is so inventive. It has inspired me to consider some eccentric containers of my own. I have been growing potatoes in plastic dustbins but didn't like the look of the bare black plastic so...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. narelle

oak barrel planter help??

I have a huge plastic planter , it comes up to my mid thigh, and is about 2 1/2 foot in diameter. even with "plastic" I put empty plastic pots upside down on the bottom, then the soil, it...
    I have a huge plastic planter , it comes up to my mid thigh, and is about 2 1/2 foot in diameter. even with "plastic" I put empty plastic pots upside down on the bottom, then the soil, it takes some to move it about when I want to cut grass or something around it. I have a tomato cage...
    I have a huge plastic planter , it comes up to my mid thigh, and is about 2 1/2 foot in diameter. even with "plastic" I put empty plastic pots upside down on the bottom, then the soil, it takes some to move it about when I want to cut grass...
    I have a huge plastic planter , it comes up to my mid thigh, and is about 2 1/2 foot in diameter. even with "plastic" I put empty plastic pots upside down on the bottom, then the soil, it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. welshone

Compost - Musa Baajoo Banna Plant

I split my basjoo up last year, it hadn't been doing much for a few years. It's got less stems now but I think it looks better. The dry ground is holding it back now and I'm not really...
    I split my basjoo up last year, it hadn't been doing much for a few years. It's got less stems now but I think it looks better. The dry ground is holding it back now and I'm not really prepared to waste much water on it. I just think they use up all the nutrients and are better moved after...
    I split my basjoo up last year, it hadn't been doing much for a few years. It's got less stems now but I think it looks better. The dry ground is holding it back now and I'm not really prepared to waste much water on it. I just think they...
    I split my basjoo up last year, it hadn't been doing much for a few years. It's got less stems now but I think it looks better. The dry ground is holding it back now and I'm not really...
    20220715_215601.jpg 20220718_104611.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. mazambo

Oxalis triangularis potting mix?

Forgot to water the Oxalis yesterday and she told me this mornng, in no uncertain terms, that she wasn't't too happy about it - see belowFirst pictureNow, 2 hours later , after a long drink,...
    Forgot to water the Oxalis yesterday and she told me this mornng, in no uncertain terms, that she wasn't't too happy about it - see belowFirst pictureNow, 2 hours later , after a long drink, she has returned To normal....Jenny namaste
    Forgot to water the Oxalis yesterday and she told me this mornng, in no uncertain terms, that she wasn't't too happy about it - see belowFirst pictureNow, 2 hours later , after a long drink, she has returned To normal....Jenny namaste
    Forgot to water the Oxalis yesterday and she told me this mornng, in no uncertain terms, that she wasn't't too happy about it - see belowFirst pictureNow, 2 hours later , after a long drink,...
    Purple.jpg P1070403.jpg 20200925_173249.jpg 20201121_150659.jpg 20201121_150726.jpg 20210101_132415.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Dave_79

Tyre Planters

I like these.
    I like these.
    I like these.
    I like these.
    upload_2019-5-18_13-2-1.jpeg BBDDC38C-D312-4183-BED6-99A1D0D2894E.jpeg 20210421_174527.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. busybee

A little container advice needed please....

Yeah, its a thug. Don't plant it out, don't share its container with anything else, and don't let its roots escape into the soil through the drainage holes.
    Yeah, its a thug. Don't plant it out, don't share its container with anything else, and don't let its roots escape into the soil through the drainage holes.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Gareth Hughes
    Like x 13

This years first flowers!

The blue flowers called Lithodora Grace Ward are really fabulous - I must have some of those. I love blue flowers.
    The blue flowers called Lithodora Grace Ward are really fabulous - I must have some of those. I love blue flowers.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. luciusmaximus
    Like x 6

Belfast sinks

We added a Butler sink to a garden, added a small log pile to rot down and some leave litter near by, plated some shade covering plants around the sink. Frogs, Newts and other creepy crawleys are...
    We added a Butler sink to a garden, added a small log pile to rot down and some leave litter near by, plated some shade covering plants around the sink. Frogs, Newts and other creepy crawleys are numerous now, love it when nature finds its own way! Another log pile we added, has lizards and door...
    We added a Butler sink to a garden, added a small log pile to rot down and some leave litter near by, plated some shade covering plants around the sink. Frogs, Newts and other creepy crawleys are numerous now, love it when nature finds its own...
    We added a Butler sink to a garden, added a small log pile to rot down and some leave litter near by, plated some shade covering plants around the sink. Frogs, Newts and other creepy crawleys are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Val..

Hanging basket offer from T & M

They aren't all bad, I agree, and in fairness they usually give a money off voucher when they substitute stuff - but, how can they be making money by selling stuff so cheap (29p per begonia tuber,...
    They aren't all bad, I agree, and in fairness they usually give a money off voucher when they substitute stuff - but, how can they be making money by selling stuff so cheap (29p per begonia tuber, or even free in the case of the magnolia etc that I ordered at the start of the year?), and then...
    They aren't all bad, I agree, and in fairness they usually give a money off voucher when they substitute stuff - but, how can they be making money by selling stuff so cheap (29p per begonia tuber, or even free in the case of the magnolia etc that...
    They aren't all bad, I agree, and in fairness they usually give a money off voucher when they substitute stuff - but, how can they be making money by selling stuff so cheap (29p per begonia tuber,...
    IMAG0285.jpg IMAG0286.jpg IMAG0287.jpg IMAG0273.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Jenny namaste

Hanging Basket liners

He's just got some new Jeans Spruce...bet they would be hard wearing:biggrin::ideaIPB::heehee:
    He's just got some new Jeans Spruce...bet they would be hard wearing:biggrin::ideaIPB::heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. BastLoki

Parsley inside at this time of year?

Last autumn I had quite a few parsleys growing outside, both curly and broadleaf. I love parsley and did not want to be without, so I brought in some of the plants and put them on the windowsill....
    Last autumn I had quite a few parsleys growing outside, both curly and broadleaf. I love parsley and did not want to be without, so I brought in some of the plants and put them on the windowsill. The ones outside I (mostly) covered at night when it was freezing. Now the ones outside are fine,...
    Last autumn I had quite a few parsleys growing outside, both curly and broadleaf. I love parsley and did not want to be without, so I brought in some of the plants and put them on the windowsill. The ones outside I (mostly) covered at night when...
    Last autumn I had quite a few parsleys growing outside, both curly and broadleaf. I love parsley and did not want to be without, so I brought in some of the plants and put them on the windowsill....
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Craig1987

Begonia hanging baskets

I have just placed my order with Jersey Direct. I ordered 70 Begonia Sparkle - trailing and 70 Begonia Amber Delight for a total of £25.98. I'm going to clear large areas of my borders and...
    I have just placed my order with Jersey Direct. I ordered 70 Begonia Sparkle - trailing and 70 Begonia Amber Delight for a total of £25.98. I'm going to clear large areas of my borders and plant the 'delights' to bring in some nice colour. I think i put in too many different plants within...
    I have just placed my order with Jersey Direct. I ordered 70 Begonia Sparkle - trailing and 70 Begonia Amber Delight for a total of £25.98. I'm going to clear large areas of my borders and plant the 'delights' to bring in some nice colour. I...
    I have just placed my order with Jersey Direct. I ordered 70 Begonia Sparkle - trailing and 70 Begonia Amber Delight for a total of £25.98. I'm going to clear large areas of my borders and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. LowiePete
    Like x 15

Various "Containers" Outside My Kitchen

My garlic was small as well this year. It does well making garlic bread and cooking with.
    My garlic was small as well this year. It does well making garlic bread and cooking with.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice