1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. JWK
    Like x 6

Tomato Grafting

Yes, it is worth the effort and I had a lot of fun doing it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. JWK

Tomato Growing 2024

I have heard Bob Flowerdew in the past say it was a good idea because the plants grown from sideshoots will have the same maturity as the original plant. I have done it in the past. A good way of...
    I have heard Bob Flowerdew in the past say it was a good idea because the plants grown from sideshoots will have the same maturity as the original plant. I have done it in the past. A good way of getting more plants but I don't think they overwinter very well.
    I have heard Bob Flowerdew in the past say it was a good idea because the plants grown from sideshoots will have the same maturity as the original plant. I have done it in the past. A good way of getting more plants but I don't think they...
    I have heard Bob Flowerdew in the past say it was a good idea because the plants grown from sideshoots will have the same maturity as the original plant. I have done it in the past. A good way of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Steve R
    Like x 16

Sowing seeds too early.

Thank you Wee Tam, that is very kind of you to say that.Steve...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. JWK

Blight Resistant Tomatoes

Will definitely try Honey Moon next year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Steve R
    Informative x 4

Giant Pumpkin Growing Guide

... and here's the guy with his previous Pumpkin ... Portugal’s largest pumpkin “Isidora” is Algarve-grown - Portugal ResidentPaderne is about 20 minutes from me.
    ... and here's the guy with his previous Pumpkin ... Portugal’s largest pumpkin “Isidora” is Algarve-grown - Portugal ResidentPaderne is about 20 minutes from me.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. JWK

Vegetable Growing 2024

That’s a smashing veg bed:carrot:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. burnie
    Like x 4

Seed sorting for 2024

I do keep my seeds sorted by category in Tupperwares in a fridge so they stay fresh, in theory.it's been so wet, so long this winter that I did actually make a wee Excel file of my veggie seeds...
    I do keep my seeds sorted by category in Tupperwares in a fridge so they stay fresh, in theory.it's been so wet, so long this winter that I did actually make a wee Excel file of my veggie seeds and have recorded on it what I have sown on what day. Didn't start till last week and so far have...
    I do keep my seeds sorted by category in Tupperwares in a fridge so they stay fresh, in theory.it's been so wet, so long this winter that I did actually make a wee Excel file of my veggie seeds and have recorded on it what I have sown on what...
    I do keep my seeds sorted by category in Tupperwares in a fridge so they stay fresh, in theory.it's been so wet, so long this winter that I did actually make a wee Excel file of my veggie seeds...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. JWK

Chillies 2024

Hi Oswald.Thank you for the response. This is what I was hoping. The top leaves were fairly close - but not as close as the other plants. This leaf is also one of the lower ones. Hopefully it...
    Hi Oswald.Thank you for the response. This is what I was hoping. The top leaves were fairly close - but not as close as the other plants. This leaf is also one of the lower ones. Hopefully it will be ok. Will be away from direct sun for the next few days.
    Hi Oswald.Thank you for the response. This is what I was hoping. The top leaves were fairly close - but not as close as the other plants. This leaf is also one of the lower ones. Hopefully it will be ok. Will be away from direct sun for the...
    Hi Oswald.Thank you for the response. This is what I was hoping. The top leaves were fairly close - but not as close as the other plants. This leaf is also one of the lower ones. Hopefully it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. JWK

Potato Growing 2024

I planted out some Charlotte yesterday, they were part of last year’s crop. They were very big, large baking spud size, as they were the last ones I lifted. They had begun to chit in storage but...
    I planted out some Charlotte yesterday, they were part of last year’s crop. They were very big, large baking spud size, as they were the last ones I lifted. They had begun to chit in storage but were still in good condition so I thought I would give it a go. It will be interesting to see how...
    I planted out some Charlotte yesterday, they were part of last year’s crop. They were very big, large baking spud size, as they were the last ones I lifted. They had begun to chit in storage but were still in good condition so I thought I would...
    I planted out some Charlotte yesterday, they were part of last year’s crop. They were very big, large baking spud size, as they were the last ones I lifted. They had begun to chit in storage but...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. shiney
    Locked Sticky

How To I.D. Your Apples - and some fruits

This is a very good site for identifying your apples if you want to.Basic searches can be done without joining up.More complicated searches may require joining.fruitID | Apple...
    This is a very good site for identifying your apples if you want to.Basic searches can be done without joining up.More complicated searches may require joining.fruitID | Apple Identification | Apple Varieties | Apple CultivarsWe went to an Apple Day at our local orchard and got our...
    This is a very good site for identifying your apples if you want to.Basic searches can be done without joining up.More complicated searches may require joining.fruitID | Apple Identification | Apple Varieties | Apple CultivarsWe went to...
    This is a very good site for identifying your apples if you want to.Basic searches can be done without joining up.More complicated searches may require joining.fruitID | Apple...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. burnie
    Like x 4

Onion Growing 2024

Planted out the onion seedlings this morning. Poor germination but nearly a row.
    Planted out the onion seedlings this morning. Poor germination but nearly a row.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Fred Clarke

Tomato Seed Swaps

@Goldenlily26 this reply is visible to everyone so don't put your address in this thread, please use the button "Quote in Conversation" to create a private message, you will get this screen -...
    @Goldenlily26 this reply is visible to everyone so don't put your address in this thread, please use the button "Quote in Conversation" to create a private message, you will get this screen - ensure it has got the title "Start a New Conversation". Conversations are private and equivalent to PMs...
    @Goldenlily26 this reply is visible to everyone so don't put your address in this thread, please use the button "Quote in Conversation" to create a private message, you will get this screen - ensure it has got the title "Start a New...
    @Goldenlily26 this reply is visible to everyone so don't put your address in this thread, please use the button "Quote in Conversation" to create a private message, you will get this screen -...
    upload_2024-3-26_8-59-25.png
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. JWK

Tomato Taste Test 2023

In the Greenhouse....Alicante....10 Roma....10 Beefmasters 20:biggrin:After an iffy start this years toms have been fabulous and still going strong ,sweet and flavorsome:dbgrtmb:
    In the Greenhouse....Alicante....10 Roma....10 Beefmasters 20:biggrin:After an iffy start this years toms have been fabulous and still going strong ,sweet and flavorsome:dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15.   » Normal Threads
  16. JWK
    Like x 15

2013 Tomato Growing

It was the end of 2013's tomatoes couple of days ago. Two 3L slow cooker loads were turned into pasta sauce, leaving these for composting (after some have been picked out for the hens).
    It was the end of 2013's tomatoes couple of days ago. Two 3L slow cooker loads were turned into pasta sauce, leaving these for composting (after some have been picked out for the hens).
    toms dec sown.jpg toms dec sown jan6.jpg toms jan 2013.jpg toms dec sown jan24.jpg toms dec sown jan26.jpg toms 3feb2012.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. JWK
    Like x 4

Tomato Growing Thread 2012

Brilliant, I never thought of Nickeys as I've not used before. The ones from the states worked out far to expensive if they would even posted them. Thanks again
    Brilliant, I never thought of Nickeys as I've not used before. The ones from the states worked out far to expensive if they would even posted them. Thanks again
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. ARMANDII
    Like x 4

THE TOMATO GROWING THREAD 2018

You are indeed a devotee @sandymac and we are both looking forward to the yield from@JWK s Gardeners Delight, Jenny
    You are indeed a devotee @sandymac and we are both looking forward to the yield from@JWK s Gardeners Delight, Jenny
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Freddy
    Like x 3

2013 Onion Growing Challenge

The last part of the text in the above message is linked..and I don't like the look of it..please DONT click it. Steve...:)
    The last part of the text in the above message is linked..and I don't like the look of it..please DONT click it. Steve...:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. JWK
    Like x 4

2015 Tomato Growing

The 2016 Discussion is here
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. JWK

Tomato Growing Thread 2022

Hallo John i am very keen to try the older gardeners delight seeds (if you still have some) please could you tell how to go about it Many thanks Charlie
    Hallo John i am very keen to try the older gardeners delight seeds (if you still have some) please could you tell how to go about it Many thanks Charlie
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. JWK
    Like x 6

2014 Tomato Growing

No, but once you've got lights and propagators it's worth stuffing whatever you can think of under them that might work and help pay the costs.
    No, but once you've got lights and propagators it's worth stuffing whatever you can think of under them that might work and help pay the costs.
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. JWK

Tomato Growing Thread 2023

Link to new threadTomato Growing 2024
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. JWK
    Like x 3

Tomato Growing Thread 2021

New thread: Tomato Growing Thread 2022
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. JWK
    Like x 4

2016 Tomato Growing

Hold on a minute, is this the last tomato to ripen from 2016? :)Didn't think it would as it was very green when I picked it, but it got lost in me bed for a few weeks after rolling off the...
    Hold on a minute, is this the last tomato to ripen from 2016? :)Didn't think it would as it was very green when I picked it, but it got lost in me bed for a few weeks after rolling off the windowcill :phew:
    Hold on a minute, is this the last tomato to ripen from 2016? :)Didn't think it would as it was very green when I picked it, but it got lost in me bed for a few weeks after rolling off the windowcill :phew:
    Hold on a minute, is this the last tomato to ripen from 2016? :)Didn't think it would as it was very green when I picked it, but it got lost in me bed for a few weeks after rolling off the...
    Ailsa craig.JPG Beefmaster.JPG Screenshot_2016-01-09-01-42-49.png image.jpeg DSC_0001.JPG DSC_0002.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. wiseowl
    Like x 4

2017 Tomato Growing

Must have dropped off when I brought that plant in during the frost, found em under chittin chicken.I'll ave em in me sandwich tomorrow :)
    Must have dropped off when I brought that plant in during the frost, found em under chittin chicken.I'll ave em in me sandwich tomorrow :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. Phil A
    Like x 6

Processing the Harvest

He's just a bit eccentric! :whistle: :heehee: But he makes interesting reading. :blue thumb: He just gets a bit contentious at times - which is not what GC is about. :)
    He's just a bit eccentric! :whistle: :heehee: But he makes interesting reading. :blue thumb: He just gets a bit contentious at times - which is not what GC is about. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  28. Steve R
    Replies:
    Views:
  29. ARMANDII

TOMATO GROWING THREAD 2020

Have compiled a list based on the taste thread, so thanks for the tip.Sungold seems very popular so that will be one to aim for.:tomato:
    Have compiled a list based on the taste thread, so thanks for the tip.Sungold seems very popular so that will be one to aim for.:tomato:
    Replies:
    Views:
  30. kyleleonard

Easy to grow chilli plants in England?

I have placed it on the end of my desk , so it gets the warmth and light but is out of the window "cold zone". It now has two chances !
    I have placed it on the end of my desk , so it gets the warmth and light but is out of the window "cold zone". It now has two chances !
    Replies:
    Views:
  31. Snowbaby

"furry" green beans

Just pick and eat them, they're fine, nothing to worry about!Blanch and freeze any surplus though, I've just done a load and have loads more to pick and freeze, the more you pick the more you...
    Just pick and eat them, they're fine, nothing to worry about!Blanch and freeze any surplus though, I've just done a load and have loads more to pick and freeze, the more you pick the more you get, Enjoy!
    Just pick and eat them, they're fine, nothing to worry about!Blanch and freeze any surplus though, I've just done a load and have loads more to pick and freeze, the more you pick the more you get, Enjoy!
    Just pick and eat them, they're fine, nothing to worry about!Blanch and freeze any surplus though, I've just done a load and have loads more to pick and freeze, the more you pick the more you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  32. Freddy
    Like x 4

2013 Growing Season

Sorry to hear that John :ouch1:Still got my last Kelsae in the kitchen, saving it for Loli :)
    Sorry to hear that John :ouch1:Still got my last Kelsae in the kitchen, saving it for Loli :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  33. Steve R
    Like x 5

Pumpkin Growing Challenge 2012

Heres a little inspiration from the conservatory @ Bellagio in Vegas:-- 1,284 lb-- 995 lb-- (missed the weight)-- all guarded by a mildy scary talking tree, with strangely implausible...
    Heres a little inspiration from the conservatory @ Bellagio in Vegas:-- 1,284 lb-- 995 lb-- (missed the weight)-- all guarded by a mildy scary talking tree, with strangely implausible giant grapes growing on the branches.
    Heres a little inspiration from the conservatory @ Bellagio in Vegas:-- 1,284 lb-- 995 lb-- (missed the weight)-- all guarded by a mildy scary talking tree, with strangely implausible giant grapes growing on the branches.
    Heres a little inspiration from the conservatory @ Bellagio in Vegas:-- 1,284 lb-- 995 lb-- (missed the weight)-- all guarded by a mildy scary talking tree, with strangely implausible...
    Replies:
    Views:
  34. L plate gardener

when are Tomato plants available?

I think this is A Good Thing. Sounds like your GC cares about their customers :thumb:My local Garden Centre has had tender vegetable plants on sale for at least a month. I doubt very much that...
    I think this is A Good Thing. Sounds like your GC cares about their customers :thumb:My local Garden Centre has had tender vegetable plants on sale for at least a month. I doubt very much that any of the ones they sold are still alive today ..
    I think this is A Good Thing. Sounds like your GC cares about their customers :thumb:My local Garden Centre has had tender vegetable plants on sale for at least a month. I doubt very much that any of the ones they sold are still alive today ..
    I think this is A Good Thing. Sounds like your GC cares about their customers :thumb:My local Garden Centre has had tender vegetable plants on sale for at least a month. I doubt very much that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  35. Freddy
    Like x 5

The 2015 Chilli Thread

Well annoyingly it didnt quite set so its more an orange-chilli-dip this year...
    Well annoyingly it didnt quite set so its more an orange-chilli-dip this year...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice