1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. Kellys_eye

What to plant?

We love dwarf beans, great idea!
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Selleri

Can I put my gherkin plant in the blowaway greenhouse already?

My Cucumbers are getting the same Selleri, I'll wait a couple of weeks and then they go into the blowaway house.
    My Cucumbers are getting the same Selleri, I'll wait a couple of weeks and then they go into the blowaway house.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Aldo

Telling bush tomatoes from cordon varieties

Thanks! I do not have much space indoor and no greenhouse, but I think you are right, that is my only chance. I will transfer them all in larger pots and give them plenty of sun.Hopefully, I...
    Thanks! I do not have much space indoor and no greenhouse, but I think you are right, that is my only chance. I will transfer them all in larger pots and give them plenty of sun.Hopefully, I will be able to tell them apart eventually. It is a pity because I had all my limited planting spaces...
    Thanks! I do not have much space indoor and no greenhouse, but I think you are right, that is my only chance. I will transfer them all in larger pots and give them plenty of sun.Hopefully, I will be able to tell them apart eventually. It is a...
    Thanks! I do not have much space indoor and no greenhouse, but I think you are right, that is my only chance. I will transfer them all in larger pots and give them plenty of sun.Hopefully, I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Aldo

Strawberries - Are Day Neutral and Everbearing good for only one season?

Thanks! That is very good to know, I am glad I will not need to remove them next year. In the end, I agree that June bearers are better as for the fruits. Ours did very well last year. But a...
    Thanks! That is very good to know, I am glad I will not need to remove them next year. In the end, I agree that June bearers are better as for the fruits. Ours did very well last year. But a costant supply of berries over the Summer is a very attractive perspective, it might help luring my kid...
    Thanks! That is very good to know, I am glad I will not need to remove them next year. In the end, I agree that June bearers are better as for the fruits. Ours did very well last year. But a costant supply of berries over the Summer is a very...
    Thanks! That is very good to know, I am glad I will not need to remove them next year. In the end, I agree that June bearers are better as for the fruits. Ours did very well last year. But a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Spruce

Grafted tomotoes

thanks all, I thought I had better check
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Aldo

Corn - Pot size for 3 plants clusters

Calling a stinking liquid made from raw decomposed weeds a "tea" would be besmirching the good name of my beloved PG Tips.Therefore, if you are going to all the trouble of producing your own...
    Calling a stinking liquid made from raw decomposed weeds a "tea" would be besmirching the good name of my beloved PG Tips.Therefore, if you are going to all the trouble of producing your own liquid feed then you might as well take that small extra step and give it a descriptive name that...
    Calling a stinking liquid made from raw decomposed weeds a "tea" would be besmirching the good name of my beloved PG Tips.Therefore, if you are going to all the trouble of producing your own liquid feed then you might as well take that small...
    Calling a stinking liquid made from raw decomposed weeds a "tea" would be besmirching the good name of my beloved PG Tips.Therefore, if you are going to all the trouble of producing your own...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Leanne2511

Does my raspberry plant look OK?

There are some raspberries that are grown in containers eg Raspberry Ruby Beauty - a Dwarf Summer Fruiting Raspberry grow bags are ok but leave it in the pot insome good compost I am...
    There are some raspberries that are grown in containers eg Raspberry Ruby Beauty - a Dwarf Summer Fruiting Raspberry grow bags are ok but leave it in the pot insome good compost I am growing my veg and fruits in containers and they doing well despite the weather
    There are some raspberries that are grown in containers eg Raspberry Ruby Beauty - a Dwarf Summer Fruiting Raspberry grow bags are ok but leave it in the pot insome good compost I am growing my veg and fruits in containers and they doing...
    There are some raspberries that are grown in containers eg Raspberry Ruby Beauty - a Dwarf Summer Fruiting Raspberry grow bags are ok but leave it in the pot insome good compost I am...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. kazzawazza

My patio raspberry doesn’t look happy

Good suggestion Janet :) Companion planting is something I do here too :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Sienna's Blossom

Pot and Basket Compost with water retaining gel

I decided against it in the end and have used a john innes instead, will just have to make sure I keep up with the watering
    I decided against it in the end and have used a john innes instead, will just have to make sure I keep up with the watering
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Sian in Belgium

Runner beans and dogwood cuttings?

A good idea :dbgrtmb:Back in the days before I started growing my beans through black membrane I used to grow catch crops (mainly salad stuff) in the bean rows. It was always successful. :)
    A good idea :dbgrtmb:Back in the days before I started growing my beans through black membrane I used to grow catch crops (mainly salad stuff) in the bean rows. It was always successful. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Sian in Belgium

Problems with my replacement Apple tree

I hope not too, but it is the way the stem is browning that is making me think that.. I just hope I am wrong.. :scratch:
    I hope not too, but it is the way the stem is browning that is making me think that.. I just hope I am wrong.. :scratch:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. redwoods36

My runner beans are dying!

I noticed on the roof of my Plastic Grow houses there was condensation dripping down on my Toms, this could cause the burning when the Sun comes out. I now wipe the roofs.
    I noticed on the roof of my Plastic Grow houses there was condensation dripping down on my Toms, this could cause the burning when the Sun comes out. I now wipe the roofs.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Leanne2511

Tomato plants wilted in a day!

Yea just too hot, thankfully my greenhouse is really old, missing several panes and the door wont close, so it doesnt get too hot in there anyway :)
    Yea just too hot, thankfully my greenhouse is really old, missing several panes and the door wont close, so it doesnt get too hot in there anyway :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Kennywesley

Vegetable seeds you can sow now

Here's how the garlic turned out.Harvesting the garlic a month early because I needed the space.
    Here's how the garlic turned out.Harvesting the garlic a month early because I needed the space.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Steve R

No Dig

Great garden @Steve R !
    Great garden @Steve R !
    Great garden @Steve R !
    Great garden @Steve R !
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. roders

Cherries?

I put CDs around, plus a scarecrow. The scarecrow moves from tree to tree as the crops ripen, so the birds don't get used to him being in one place. It's worked so far this year :)
    I put CDs around, plus a scarecrow. The scarecrow moves from tree to tree as the crops ripen, so the birds don't get used to him being in one place. It's worked so far this year :)
    20171214_111806.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. karaman

Why fruitless fig?

hallo pete and victoria ----- yes am in hungary, winters can be hard to -15 but that hasnt happened for a few years now, usually down to about -5 for a week or two and some snow ---- so thats...
    hallo pete and victoria ----- yes am in hungary, winters can be hard to -15 but that hasnt happened for a few years now, usually down to about -5 for a week or two and some snow ---- so thats where i went wrong: i thought the new shoots bring the fruit so i deliberately cut them back, what a...
    hallo pete and victoria ----- yes am in hungary, winters can be hard to -15 but that hasnt happened for a few years now, usually down to about -5 for a week or two and some snow ---- so thats where i went wrong: i thought the new shoots bring the...
    hallo pete and victoria ----- yes am in hungary, winters can be hard to -15 but that hasnt happened for a few years now, usually down to about -5 for a week or two and some snow ---- so thats...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. ricky101

Blackberry relocate ?

@ricky101 See here for info Propagating Blackberries – Rooting Blackberries From Cuttings I've layered tips whenever I've needed to propagate a blackberry.
    @ricky101 See here for info Propagating Blackberries – Rooting Blackberries From Cuttings I've layered tips whenever I've needed to propagate a blackberry.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Paul Blackburn

When to grow broad beans

Broad beans starting to crop nicely now:Variety 'De Monica', btw.
    IMG_0509.JPG 003.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Billy_s

Cucumber Plant with no tendrils?

Oops! You are right Pete! My wife and I are chuckling at our error. Thanks for pointing this out. Take pity on us as we are new at the veg growing game!We grew courgettes from seed too and have...
    Oops! You are right Pete! My wife and I are chuckling at our error. Thanks for pointing this out. Take pity on us as we are new at the veg growing game!We grew courgettes from seed too and have obviously got the labelling mixed up. The courgettes we put straight into the garden have done ok...
    Oops! You are right Pete! My wife and I are chuckling at our error. Thanks for pointing this out. Take pity on us as we are new at the veg growing game!We grew courgettes from seed too and have obviously got the labelling mixed up. The...
    Oops! You are right Pete! My wife and I are chuckling at our error. Thanks for pointing this out. Take pity on us as we are new at the veg growing game!We grew courgettes from seed too and have...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice