1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. andybike

celery

I wasn't going to let on, but mine are that size too. The "plant out in May/June" hasn't quite happened yet!
    I wasn't going to let on, but mine are that size too. The "plant out in May/June" hasn't quite happened yet!
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Adam Moran

Salad Crop

I planted out some cut and come again organic lettuce this morning. They have grown on in the conservatory to about 3" high. Weather mans says possible 6C so I reckon they should survive the night.
    I planted out some cut and come again organic lettuce this morning. They have grown on in the conservatory to about 3" high. Weather mans says possible 6C so I reckon they should survive the night.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Mickeylove

Courgettes

I sowed mine last month - F1 "one ball" and a new climbing one, the former is romping away like mad!
    I sowed mine last month - F1 "one ball" and a new climbing one, the former is romping away like mad!
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. galaxysue

cold frame

I put all my lowly cuttings in my cold frame and they do amazingly well in there as well as using it to harden off stuff as Moyra says. Hel.xxx.
    I put all my lowly cuttings in my cold frame and they do amazingly well in there as well as using it to harden off stuff as Moyra says. Hel.xxx.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Jerzy Dabrowski

Salad leaves running to seed

I believe it depends on the lettuce variety either. Some packages have the data if the variety is resistant to bolting, or if it can be successfully grown in summer.
    I believe it depends on the lettuce variety either. Some packages have the data if the variety is resistant to bolting, or if it can be successfully grown in summer.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. men8ifr

Tomatoes up a trellis?

Go for it, it could look quite attractive. And it will be easier to tie them in.:thumb:
    Go for it, it could look quite attractive. And it will be easier to tie them in.:thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. jw_universe

Onion Seedling Questions

drooping leaves on onions isnt a problem. you can however support the bigger leaves of an onion plant. just make sure you dont over water. if the compost sticks to your boots, its to watery. ...
    drooping leaves on onions isnt a problem. you can however support the bigger leaves of an onion plant. just make sure you dont over water. if the compost sticks to your boots, its to watery. Most types of onion that are suitable for the pickle jar are also good to use as salad onions...
    drooping leaves on onions isnt a problem. you can however support the bigger leaves of an onion plant. just make sure you dont over water. if the compost sticks to your boots, its to watery. Most types of onion that are suitable for the pickle...
    drooping leaves on onions isnt a problem. you can however support the bigger leaves of an onion plant. just make sure you dont over water. if the compost sticks to your boots, its to watery. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Cannyfullpots

Turkish cucumber...

I'm looking for turkish cucumber seeds if anyone can help?A fella gave me a TC plug plant & the cuces have been beautiful. I want to grow lots next year!Ive only found one place online...
    I'm looking for turkish cucumber seeds if anyone can help?A fella gave me a TC plug plant & the cuces have been beautiful. I want to grow lots next year!Ive only found one place online (abroad) that sells them & theyre out of stock.Any ideas?
    I'm looking for turkish cucumber seeds if anyone can help?A fella gave me a TC plug plant & the cuces have been beautiful. I want to grow lots next year!Ive only found one place online (abroad) that sells them & theyre out of stock.Any ideas?
    I'm looking for turkish cucumber seeds if anyone can help?A fella gave me a TC plug plant & the cuces have been beautiful. I want to grow lots next year!Ive only found one place online...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. capney

Runner beans-another first.

First time for everything... This is me slicing fresh cut beans for Sunday dinnner. Something very satisfying in doing this, I just had to share it with you. Ro
    First time for everything... This is me slicing fresh cut beans for Sunday dinnner. Something very satisfying in doing this, I just had to share it with you. Ro
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. butterflies

Strawberries

:dh: Thank you.......
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. rustyroots

Onions.

Wouldn't hurt. I usually feed the garlic a couple of times - especially after all the rain we had
    Wouldn't hurt. I usually feed the garlic a couple of times - especially after all the rain we had
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Celia

brussel sprouts

Good luck Celia. Watch out for the butterflies and caterpillers!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. jenny22

potato question

They won't rot jenn, if anything they will thrive in all this rain :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. whis4ey

Asparagus

I have just bought 10 roots to be delivered early April with planting destructions Now to get started with building a small raised bed They tell me I can eat a few about June time, so that will...
    I have just bought 10 roots to be delivered early April with planting destructions Now to get started with building a small raised bed They tell me I can eat a few about June time, so that will be nice
    I have just bought 10 roots to be delivered early April with planting destructions Now to get started with building a small raised bed They tell me I can eat a few about June time, so that will be nice
    I have just bought 10 roots to be delivered early April with planting destructions Now to get started with building a small raised bed They tell me I can eat a few about June time, so that will...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. cinnamon:g

Is it possible to grow indoors?

Thank you. Just the sort of advice I needed. I will stick to house plants at most if I do decide to try something indoors.
    Thank you. Just the sort of advice I needed. I will stick to house plants at most if I do decide to try something indoors.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Greenlady

raspberries

Thank you for that. GL
    Thank you for that. GL
    Thank you for that. GL
    Thank you for that. GL
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. David G

Cucumber depth

Cucumber is about the only thing that I do NOT plant deep - its very susceptible to basal stem rot, and I think it best to plant it so that the original soil surface is the highest point - i.e....
    Cucumber is about the only thing that I do NOT plant deep - its very susceptible to basal stem rot, and I think it best to plant it so that the original soil surface is the highest point - i.e. the new soil surface falls-away from the stem.
    Cucumber is about the only thing that I do NOT plant deep - its very susceptible to basal stem rot, and I think it best to plant it so that the original soil surface is the highest point - i.e. the new soil surface falls-away from the stem.
    Cucumber is about the only thing that I do NOT plant deep - its very susceptible to basal stem rot, and I think it best to plant it so that the original soil surface is the highest point - i.e....
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. wiseowl
    Like x 3

Moved Rhubarb

Hi zigs I will pull it next year(its the only thing I will pull):lunapic 130165696578242 5:Sorry about this joviality ,I got right to the root of the matter:heehee::blue thumb:
    Hi zigs I will pull it next year(its the only thing I will pull):lunapic 130165696578242 5:Sorry about this joviality ,I got right to the root of the matter:heehee::blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. willow13

gooseberries

How strange Willow. I'll have to go check my 3 gooseberry bushes now. Though there wasn't anything wrong with them yesterday.
    How strange Willow. I'll have to go check my 3 gooseberry bushes now. Though there wasn't anything wrong with them yesterday.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. rosietutu

Gooseberries

Hi, I'm glad you are pleased with your plants. Sometimes with mail order you don't always get quite what you'd hoped. Will be interested to know how they progress, and if they taste as good as...
    Hi, I'm glad you are pleased with your plants. Sometimes with mail order you don't always get quite what you'd hoped. Will be interested to know how they progress, and if they taste as good as expected! I now know a lot more about gooseberry varieties than I did before - one of the many...
    Hi, I'm glad you are pleased with your plants. Sometimes with mail order you don't always get quite what you'd hoped. Will be interested to know how they progress, and if they taste as good as expected! I now know a lot more about gooseberry...
    Hi, I'm glad you are pleased with your plants. Sometimes with mail order you don't always get quite what you'd hoped. Will be interested to know how they progress, and if they taste as good as...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice