1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. trogre

Tomato Shoot Curl

Hi trogre. I agree with Dave. The only thing I would add is that unless you are growing a bush variety, the side-shoots need to be pinched out, assuming they are actually side-shoots and not...
    Hi trogre. I agree with Dave. The only thing I would add is that unless you are growing a bush variety, the side-shoots need to be pinched out, assuming they are actually side-shoots and not leaves. A pic would help:blue thumb:
    Hi trogre. I agree with Dave. The only thing I would add is that unless you are growing a bush variety, the side-shoots need to be pinched out, assuming they are actually side-shoots and not leaves. A pic would help:blue thumb:
    Hi trogre. I agree with Dave. The only thing I would add is that unless you are growing a bush variety, the side-shoots need to be pinched out, assuming they are actually side-shoots and not...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Snowbaby

Harvest or grow bigger?

Those beans look just about right to me! Just wash them well under the tap and they'll be fine.We must swallow a ton of dodgy chemicals in what we eat every day - it don't bear thinking about!
    Those beans look just about right to me! Just wash them well under the tap and they'll be fine.We must swallow a ton of dodgy chemicals in what we eat every day - it don't bear thinking about!
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Boots

peppers - are they ready?

Evening all,We have a couple of sweet and chillie pepper plants, presently in the greenhouse and producing .... peppers. The sweet plants have about 4-5 peppers each, about 1/2 size you...
    Evening all,We have a couple of sweet and chillie pepper plants, presently in the greenhouse and producing .... peppers. The sweet plants have about 4-5 peppers each, about 1/2 size you would get in the supermarket. The chillies plants are covered (30+) chillies on each, the chillies are...
    Evening all,We have a couple of sweet and chillie pepper plants, presently in the greenhouse and producing .... peppers. The sweet plants have about 4-5 peppers each, about 1/2 size you would get in the supermarket. The chillies plants are...
    Evening all,We have a couple of sweet and chillie pepper plants, presently in the greenhouse and producing .... peppers. The sweet plants have about 4-5 peppers each, about 1/2 size you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Vince

Asparagus season started?

Thanks Dave - figured definitely the wrong time of year - don't know how long they will still have the house for and if it could be relocated at a later date. :(
    Thanks Dave - figured definitely the wrong time of year - don't know how long they will still have the house for and if it could be relocated at a later date. :(
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Paul Blackburn

When will apples be ready

About three months time ,:biggrin: Braeburn is a late one.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. miraflores

Edible seeds?

Coriander seeds go well in curries or fried rice. They give a burst of super freshness when you encounter them in your dinner.Mustard seeds are responsible for giving the vindaloo most of its...
    Coriander seeds go well in curries or fried rice. They give a burst of super freshness when you encounter them in your dinner.Mustard seeds are responsible for giving the vindaloo most of its heat.In both cases they need a short spell in a hot dry frying pan to cause their hard shells to...
    Coriander seeds go well in curries or fried rice. They give a burst of super freshness when you encounter them in your dinner.Mustard seeds are responsible for giving the vindaloo most of its heat.In both cases they need a short spell in a...
    Coriander seeds go well in curries or fried rice. They give a burst of super freshness when you encounter them in your dinner.Mustard seeds are responsible for giving the vindaloo most of its...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. RYDALL

Collected pea and bean seeds

If the pods won't/can't dry naturally on the plants, then try lifting the plants and hanging them upside down under cover.Incidentally, there are currently no F1 hybrid pea or bean varieties. ...
    If the pods won't/can't dry naturally on the plants, then try lifting the plants and hanging them upside down under cover.Incidentally, there are currently no F1 hybrid pea or bean varieties. Seed from all types (assuming that they came from UK suppliers) will come more or less true to type,...
    If the pods won't/can't dry naturally on the plants, then try lifting the plants and hanging them upside down under cover.Incidentally, there are currently no F1 hybrid pea or bean varieties. Seed from all types (assuming that they came from...
    If the pods won't/can't dry naturally on the plants, then try lifting the plants and hanging them upside down under cover.Incidentally, there are currently no F1 hybrid pea or bean varieties. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Gazania

winter squash.

Hi all, I have 6 squash seedlings in my greenhouse that I grew from seed. Having never grew these before I'm not quite sure what to expect. Can I continue to grow them in the greenhouse or are...
    Hi all, I have 6 squash seedlings in my greenhouse that I grew from seed. Having never grew these before I'm not quite sure what to expect. Can I continue to grow them in the greenhouse or are they to go outside? Do some squashes climb and some grow low? Anyone grown squash?Gazania
    Hi all, I have 6 squash seedlings in my greenhouse that I grew from seed. Having never grew these before I'm not quite sure what to expect. Can I continue to grow them in the greenhouse or are they to go outside? Do some squashes climb and some...
    Hi all, I have 6 squash seedlings in my greenhouse that I grew from seed. Having never grew these before I'm not quite sure what to expect. Can I continue to grow them in the greenhouse or are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. TheMadHedger

Courgette fruits not growing?

Thanks again everyone, much appreciated.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. alex-adam

Heritage & Heirloom Vegetables

I recon that too:heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Bilbo675
    Like x 7

Tomatoes are Doing Well This Year

I'm waiting for blight now its turned damper. Up to now though things have been good for toms after a slow start.:)
    I'm waiting for blight now its turned damper. Up to now though things have been good for toms after a slow start.:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Andy_g
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. marge

Basil

Hi Marge,I had quite good success this year so far with Basil so here's what I did (in case it's some help)In the greenhouse; seeds sown in individual plug trays and watered to start them off,...
    Hi Marge,I had quite good success this year so far with Basil so here's what I did (in case it's some help)In the greenhouse; seeds sown in individual plug trays and watered to start them off, but then not again until they germinated and I could see shoots. I did however make sure to not let...
    Hi Marge,I had quite good success this year so far with Basil so here's what I did (in case it's some help)In the greenhouse; seeds sown in individual plug trays and watered to start them off, but then not again until they germinated and I...
    Hi Marge,I had quite good success this year so far with Basil so here's what I did (in case it's some help)In the greenhouse; seeds sown in individual plug trays and watered to start them off,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Freedom_Spark

Tomato blight update :(

I think you were just very unlucky FS, its been a very bad year for blight going by the number of people reporting it on here. I hope your remaining plants do well.
    I think you were just very unlucky FS, its been a very bad year for blight going by the number of people reporting it on here. I hope your remaining plants do well.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Boghopper

Raspberries. Summer or Autumn fruiting.

You may get some on Autumn Fruiting varieties, but I spent the first year concentrating on getting mine established."... to buy a couple of raspberry canes"I doubt that a couple will give you...
    You may get some on Autumn Fruiting varieties, but I spent the first year concentrating on getting mine established."... to buy a couple of raspberry canes"I doubt that a couple will give you much of a meal until they have spread quite a lot.
    You may get some on Autumn Fruiting varieties, but I spent the first year concentrating on getting mine established."... to buy a couple of raspberry canes"I doubt that a couple will give you much of a meal until they have spread quite a lot.
    You may get some on Autumn Fruiting varieties, but I spent the first year concentrating on getting mine established."... to buy a couple of raspberry canes"I doubt that a couple will give you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Axie-Ali

raspberries

Sounds like you have Summer Fruiting variety, so the canes that have sprung up this year will bear the fruit next year.You are supposed to cut them down to the ground straight after planting, so...
    Sounds like you have Summer Fruiting variety, so the canes that have sprung up this year will bear the fruit next year.You are supposed to cut them down to the ground straight after planting, so they build up their strength (and forgo a crop), so taking a crop and then cutting them down so you...
    Sounds like you have Summer Fruiting variety, so the canes that have sprung up this year will bear the fruit next year.You are supposed to cut them down to the ground straight after planting, so they build up their strength (and forgo a crop),...
    Sounds like you have Summer Fruiting variety, so the canes that have sprung up this year will bear the fruit next year.You are supposed to cut them down to the ground straight after planting, so...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. SteveG

Rasberry Q

Hello all,going back a few months I bought a Rubus Idaeus "fall gold". (yellow raspberry)So alls good , and I have raspberries growing, but as some have started to riped they have gone...
    Hello all,going back a few months I bought a Rubus Idaeus "fall gold". (yellow raspberry)So alls good , and I have raspberries growing, but as some have started to riped they have gone red?So , the Q is, are they prone to doing this, or perhaps the plant I purchased was labeled...
    Hello all,going back a few months I bought a Rubus Idaeus "fall gold". (yellow raspberry)So alls good , and I have raspberries growing, but as some have started to riped they have gone red?So , the Q is, are they prone to doing this,...
    Hello all,going back a few months I bought a Rubus Idaeus "fall gold". (yellow raspberry)So alls good , and I have raspberries growing, but as some have started to riped they have gone...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Scrungee

First Blackberries

Have you moved down under and not told us Scrunge? :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. chrispt

squash and french beans

Hi Chrispt! The most likely reason for the split in the squash is irregular watering - drying out and then getting a good soak. Toms react in the same way. I feed my squash plants with tomato...
    Hi Chrispt! The most likely reason for the split in the squash is irregular watering - drying out and then getting a good soak. Toms react in the same way. I feed my squash plants with tomato fertiliser.Your french beans may well be finished - if you've been cropping them for a week or two....
    Hi Chrispt! The most likely reason for the split in the squash is irregular watering - drying out and then getting a good soak. Toms react in the same way. I feed my squash plants with tomato fertiliser.Your french beans may well be finished -...
    Hi Chrispt! The most likely reason for the split in the squash is irregular watering - drying out and then getting a good soak. Toms react in the same way. I feed my squash plants with tomato...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Herb

Swede

Many thanks.
    Many thanks.
    Many thanks.
    Many thanks.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice