Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. john558

Potato skins

Try the variety Winston next year @john558 it is the best tasting early spud I have ever grown. It doesn't suffer with the skins coming off nor break up like the more floury types.
    Try the variety Winston next year @john558 it is the best tasting early spud I have ever grown. It doesn't suffer with the skins coming off nor break up like the more floury types.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. ricky101

Raspberry Varieties...

Can't help you on the Summer variety's all I can say is they are pruned differently, I didn't fancy growing summer varietys because the increased chance of maggots being in the fruit:eeew:.Maybe you...
    Can't help you on the Summer variety's all I can say is they are pruned differently, I didn't fancy growing summer varietys because the increased chance of maggots being in the fruit:eeew:.Maybe you could double crop your Autumn variety's ? cut half of the stems to the ground and leave the other...
    Can't help you on the Summer variety's all I can say is they are pruned differently, I didn't fancy growing summer varietys because the increased chance of maggots being in the fruit:eeew:.Maybe you could double crop your Autumn variety's ? cut half...
    Can't help you on the Summer variety's all I can say is they are pruned differently, I didn't fancy growing summer varietys because the increased chance of maggots being in the fruit:eeew:.Maybe you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. 2nd_bassoon

Sad lemon

Thanks @pete , from what I've read it looks like either over- or under-watering is likely at fault - not exactly helpful :rolleyespink: The roots looked ok when I repotted it last month and I'm loathe to...
    Thanks @pete , from what I've read it looks like either over- or under-watering is likely at fault - not exactly helpful :rolleyespink: The roots looked ok when I repotted it last month and I'm loathe to disturb it too much by checking again. It's already outside in the sun so I'll try a gentle prune (and...
    Thanks @pete , from what I've read it looks like either over- or under-watering is likely at fault - not exactly helpful :rolleyespink: The roots looked ok when I repotted it last month and I'm loathe to disturb it too much by checking again. It's already...
    Thanks @pete , from what I've read it looks like either over- or under-watering is likely at fault - not exactly helpful :rolleyespink: The roots looked ok when I repotted it last month and I'm loathe to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Paul Blackburn

Information on Asparagus

I bought two trays of young Asparagus plants at the beginning of last year.I cut them down in I think October.They are now very high and one has berries on it which was told to avoid.Would it do...
    I bought two trays of young Asparagus plants at the beginning of last year.I cut them down in I think October.They are now very high and one has berries on it which was told to avoid.Would it do any harm to cut them down now so I can tidy the bed up plenty of weeds but cannot get at them because...
    I bought two trays of young Asparagus plants at the beginning of last year.I cut them down in I think October.They are now very high and one has berries on it which was told to avoid.Would it do any harm to cut them down now so I can tidy the bed...
    I bought two trays of young Asparagus plants at the beginning of last year.I cut them down in I think October.They are now very high and one has berries on it which was told to avoid.Would it do...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. ThePlantAssassin

Victoria Plum help please

No worries tree will be fine though it could possibly be suffering from what I know as coddling moth...If so when cutting a fruit in half you may see what they call frask and a little maggot...
    No worries tree will be fine though it could possibly be suffering from what I know as coddling moth...If so when cutting a fruit in half you may see what they call frask and a little maggot thingy .The way to combat it is to hang a Pheromone trap in the tree early spring to stop the moths...
    No worries tree will be fine though it could possibly be suffering from what I know as coddling moth...If so when cutting a fruit in half you may see what they call frask and a little maggot thingy .The way to combat it is to hang a Pheromone...
    No worries tree will be fine though it could possibly be suffering from what I know as coddling moth...If so when cutting a fruit in half you may see what they call frask and a little maggot...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Webmaster

Jerusalem Artichokes - Anyone else growing them this year ?

I used to grow them and they made a very good soup. We don't grow any root veg nowadays :noidea:As they discolour so easily it's best to dip them in acidulated water when preparing them.
    I used to grow them and they made a very good soup. We don't grow any root veg nowadays :noidea:As they discolour so easily it's best to dip them in acidulated water when preparing them.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. RobB

Low growing peas

I think they will be perfect @mazambo, thanks a lot. I must've been looking with my eyes shut. :doh:
    I think they will be perfect @mazambo, thanks a lot. I must've been looking with my eyes shut. :doh:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice