Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↑
Last Message
  1. jennylyn

plum tomato variety ideas please?

Pomodoro for me; bought some a couple of years ago and they taste great:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. silu

Deer protection

I would guess that the suppliers of the cages do different types and quality of netting so they should be able to give you the right one.
    I would guess that the suppliers of the cages do different types and quality of netting so they should be able to give you the right one.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Florabritannica

Tomatoes for north-facing garden

I am fortunate to have 2 US clients who regularly travel back and forth across the pond so obtaining seed is not a problem for me but I rarely ask such favours.
    I am fortunate to have 2 US clients who regularly travel back and forth across the pond so obtaining seed is not a problem for me but I rarely ask such favours.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. ricky101

Blueberry Watering

Yes CO2 absorption will lower the pH after a few days and hardwater will be less affected by this.
    Yes CO2 absorption will lower the pH after a few days and hardwater will be less affected by this.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Fat Controller
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. beanie b12

Do rabbits eat asparagus?

Thanks all. not what i wanted to hear but I kind of expected it. liking this forum, I will no doubt be back for more advice soon XX
    Thanks all. not what i wanted to hear but I kind of expected it. liking this forum, I will no doubt be back for more advice soon XX
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. "M"

How many pea plants would you need to feed a family of four?

The good news is there's still time to sow more for this season. Wilko is selling late sowing Kelvedon Wonder for a quid :-)
    The good news is there's still time to sow more for this season. Wilko is selling late sowing Kelvedon Wonder for a quid :-)
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. JWK
    Like x 5

Giant Onions 2020

Attempting to tidy and braid my onions today :rolleyespink:
    5DF80F3D-688B-415D-9F17-4736F419A258.jpeg 20200516_172748.jpg 15896563634101353841077.jpg 20200719_183822.jpg 20200709_092549.jpg 20200816_115625.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. DavidASchmavid

my beetroot has bolted again (?)

Yes, I just planted them directly outside in rows & thinned them out when they were large enough to handle.
    Yes, I just planted them directly outside in rows & thinned them out when they were large enough to handle.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. JWK

Which Blueberries to grow ?

A lot of self-pollinating plants still can be improved by planting a suitable partner nearby to increase the yield. I would even suggest to plant a different variant that's compatible (same...
    A lot of self-pollinating plants still can be improved by planting a suitable partner nearby to increase the yield. I would even suggest to plant a different variant that's compatible (same blooming time and compatible genome). This I because lots of plants are "made" by dividing them. So...
    A lot of self-pollinating plants still can be improved by planting a suitable partner nearby to increase the yield. I would even suggest to plant a different variant that's compatible (same blooming time and compatible genome). This I because...
    A lot of self-pollinating plants still can be improved by planting a suitable partner nearby to increase the yield. I would even suggest to plant a different variant that's compatible (same...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. devongardener

seed potatoes Jersey Royal sowing

nice one, big internet, but small world.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. beanie b12

Chitting sweetcorn

Funnily enough my sweetcorn planted under cover late January is doing well, my march sown seed has yet to appear?
    Funnily enough my sweetcorn planted under cover late January is doing well, my march sown seed has yet to appear?
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Gizmo

dwarf pillar fruit tree

Your welcome:biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Fat Controller

Thinking of a veggie border

Clueless - thanks for the info about the soil condition, as I remain convinced that I might be able to grow something useful in the shady border (despite being shady, the whole garden seems to get...
    Clueless - thanks for the info about the soil condition, as I remain convinced that I might be able to grow something useful in the shady border (despite being shady, the whole garden seems to get a lot of light). Steve & Kristen, some excellent ideas - thank you both :) I have seen a pony and...
    Clueless - thanks for the info about the soil condition, as I remain convinced that I might be able to grow something useful in the shady border (despite being shady, the whole garden seems to get a lot of light). Steve & Kristen, some...
    Clueless - thanks for the info about the soil condition, as I remain convinced that I might be able to grow something useful in the shady border (despite being shady, the whole garden seems to get...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Vince

How many seed potatoes?

Yield from containers is poor, IME, only reason I do them is to get super-early Spuds, for which I grow about 4 containers. Watering is a lot more tricky (in the last few weeks before harvest)...
    Yield from containers is poor, IME, only reason I do them is to get super-early Spuds, for which I grow about 4 containers. Watering is a lot more tricky (in the last few weeks before harvest) too. For anyone with no soil to grow them in Containers is the only route of course :)
    Yield from containers is poor, IME, only reason I do them is to get super-early Spuds, for which I grow about 4 containers. Watering is a lot more tricky (in the last few weeks before harvest) too. For anyone with no soil to grow them in...
    Yield from containers is poor, IME, only reason I do them is to get super-early Spuds, for which I grow about 4 containers. Watering is a lot more tricky (in the last few weeks before harvest)...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. "M"

Courgettes and ... male flowers!

This one did it was nice.. You can add chillis or other spice if you want but I found these just nice...
    This one did it was nice.. You can add chillis or other spice if you want but I found these just nice...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Saliha
    Like x 3

Fig-leaf gourd

Yep that might be a problem if there is a lot of them but they stay edible a long time. I still have some from the last year and they are almost as fresh like at the last autumn. In Mexico, they...
    Yep that might be a problem if there is a lot of them but they stay edible a long time. I still have some from the last year and they are almost as fresh like at the last autumn. In Mexico, they are used also for sweets and in the Far East for vegetable soups. As their fruit flesh is a bit like...
    Yep that might be a problem if there is a lot of them but they stay edible a long time. I still have some from the last year and they are almost as fresh like at the last autumn. In Mexico, they are used also for sweets and in the Far East for...
    Yep that might be a problem if there is a lot of them but they stay edible a long time. I still have some from the last year and they are almost as fresh like at the last autumn. In Mexico, they...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Cannyfullpots

Seed potatoes?

:yikes:Totally forgot about my order from the allotment shop!! Thats a whole lotta tatties!! :snorky::yikes:
    :yikes:Totally forgot about my order from the allotment shop!! Thats a whole lotta tatties!! :snorky::yikes:
    Xmas spuds Wyevale.jpg image.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. silu

Granular fertilizer

Not sure about growmore never really tried keeping that overwinter, personally I wouldn't bother.Other straight fertilizers, ie. sulphate of potash and Ammonium sulphate do attract moisture, as...
    Not sure about growmore never really tried keeping that overwinter, personally I wouldn't bother.Other straight fertilizers, ie. sulphate of potash and Ammonium sulphate do attract moisture, as does the likes of miracle grow etc. so if I have any of those left at the end of the season I...
    Not sure about growmore never really tried keeping that overwinter, personally I wouldn't bother.Other straight fertilizers, ie. sulphate of potash and Ammonium sulphate do attract moisture, as does the likes of miracle grow etc. so if I have...
    Not sure about growmore never really tried keeping that overwinter, personally I wouldn't bother.Other straight fertilizers, ie. sulphate of potash and Ammonium sulphate do attract moisture, as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. rustyroots

Sweet corn in potato bags?

Oh forgot to say that I kept them in our pop up greenhouse until they got too tall then took them outside, I did this cause we live at the top of a hill and get high winds and the year before our...
    Oh forgot to say that I kept them in our pop up greenhouse until they got too tall then took them outside, I did this cause we live at the top of a hill and get high winds and the year before our sweetcorn got damaged.
    Oh forgot to say that I kept them in our pop up greenhouse until they got too tall then took them outside, I did this cause we live at the top of a hill and get high winds and the year before our sweetcorn got damaged.
    Oh forgot to say that I kept them in our pop up greenhouse until they got too tall then took them outside, I did this cause we live at the top of a hill and get high winds and the year before our...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice