It might grow black berries, but don't eat them. :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. johnrogers196969

Our first crop - We are so proud !!!

Ok. So not been on here for a while but thought that I would like to share a photo of something which I am very proud. A wonderful display and the the weekend weather did them (and me) proud!
    Ok. So not been on here for a while but thought that I would like to share a photo of something which I am very proud. A wonderful display and the the weekend weather did them (and me) proud!
    fl.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Aldo

Tomatillo - Insects or else punching through the fruit's husk

@Selleri Mine are pretty much at the same development stage despite not having suffered any accident :) I think I should have brought some to my mum in Italy, given the temperature there is much...
    @Selleri Mine are pretty much at the same development stage despite not having suffered any accident :) I think I should have brought some to my mum in Italy, given the temperature there is much higher, they could probably establish as perennials. But then my mum can go months without watering...
    @Selleri Mine are pretty much at the same development stage despite not having suffered any accident :) I think I should have brought some to my mum in Italy, given the temperature there is much higher, they could probably establish as...
    @Selleri Mine are pretty much at the same development stage despite not having suffered any accident :) I think I should have brought some to my mum in Italy, given the temperature there is much...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. redfeathered

Beetroot issues

Ohh okay, I think I'll have to wait a few more weeks as I kept mine indoors for a while.. but when you mentioned roasting them that sounded really good ... I think I have my mind set on what I...
    Ohh okay, I think I'll have to wait a few more weeks as I kept mine indoors for a while.. but when you mentioned roasting them that sounded really good ... I think I have my mind set on what I should do
    Ohh okay, I think I'll have to wait a few more weeks as I kept mine indoors for a while.. but when you mentioned roasting them that sounded really good ... I think I have my mind set on what I should do
    Ohh okay, I think I'll have to wait a few more weeks as I kept mine indoors for a while.. but when you mentioned roasting them that sounded really good ... I think I have my mind set on what I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Sargan

Cucumber disease

It looks like a cucumber plant with a lot of fruit
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. kr236rk

Mint disaster :-o

Thanks. Went into double-disaster mode: have a mister filed with saline & have now ringed the rescued mint round with cut lengths of bramble, which will hopefully hold them off till the nematodes...
    Thanks. Went into double-disaster mode: have a mister filed with saline & have now ringed the rescued mint round with cut lengths of bramble, which will hopefully hold them off till the nematodes arrive. Don't want to dose the earth with salt where possible. Think what's happening is that in...
    Thanks. Went into double-disaster mode: have a mister filed with saline & have now ringed the rescued mint round with cut lengths of bramble, which will hopefully hold them off till the nematodes arrive. Don't want to dose the earth with salt...
    Thanks. Went into double-disaster mode: have a mister filed with saline & have now ringed the rescued mint round with cut lengths of bramble, which will hopefully hold them off till the nematodes...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Emily Jones

Gooseberry bush dilemma

I'd use a high potash fertiliser, i manage to get actual wood ash which is almost the same, put it on in the spring. I hardly prune the ones in the front and they don't get too big, but the ones...
    I'd use a high potash fertiliser, i manage to get actual wood ash which is almost the same, put it on in the spring. I hardly prune the ones in the front and they don't get too big, but the ones in the back i cut back because they're close to the footpath and get in the way.
    I'd use a high potash fertiliser, i manage to get actual wood ash which is almost the same, put it on in the spring. I hardly prune the ones in the front and they don't get too big, but the ones in the back i cut back because they're close to the...
    I'd use a high potash fertiliser, i manage to get actual wood ash which is almost the same, put it on in the spring. I hardly prune the ones in the front and they don't get too big, but the ones...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Kilm

ID required. Possibly edible, possibly not...

I wondered if 2 & 4 could be a young Comfrey, so took some pics of a leaf
    15957714479699107355407517770891.jpg 15957715991255045404921971900864.jpg 15957716100916044038770794036687.jpg 15957717226055025091624162238831.jpg 15957717387026528750554310529176.jpg IMG_20200727_201601660.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. amywhite

Cucumber plant not looking too good - please help!

That makes sense because my cuties are in a part shaded area which gets full sun for only 3 hours per day and i always water at the base, never on the leaves :-)
    That makes sense because my cuties are in a part shaded area which gets full sun for only 3 hours per day and i always water at the base, never on the leaves :-)
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. fuchsialady

Cherry help

In 2018 I bought a dwarf cherry tree - I think it is a Stella, certainly a self pollinating one. Last year it did nothing (apart from grow a bit), but i just thought it needed time to...
    In 2018 I bought a dwarf cherry tree - I think it is a Stella, certainly a self pollinating one. Last year it did nothing (apart from grow a bit), but i just thought it needed time to acclimatize. This year it had about 6 blossom flowers but they came to nothing. Disappointing to say the...
    In 2018 I bought a dwarf cherry tree - I think it is a Stella, certainly a self pollinating one. Last year it did nothing (apart from grow a bit), but i just thought it needed time to acclimatize. This year it had about 6 blossom flowers but...
    In 2018 I bought a dwarf cherry tree - I think it is a Stella, certainly a self pollinating one. Last year it did nothing (apart from grow a bit), but i just thought it needed time to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Kerry Howard

raspberries growing pains. help please!

7ft that's good, just tie them in, to the support wire, so the wind doesn't damage them.
    7ft that's good, just tie them in, to the support wire, so the wind doesn't damage them.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Green Knees

Gooseberry cutting error?

Thanks Nigel, you've sorta confirmed what I've just discovered. I've just had a look now and there's 4 definite "branch" looking things sticking out from under the big leaves near the bottom. The...
    Thanks Nigel, you've sorta confirmed what I've just discovered. I've just had a look now and there's 4 definite "branch" looking things sticking out from under the big leaves near the bottom. The longest is only about 4in but it has produced multiple leaves along it so I'm a happier gardener...
    Thanks Nigel, you've sorta confirmed what I've just discovered. I've just had a look now and there's 4 definite "branch" looking things sticking out from under the big leaves near the bottom. The longest is only about 4in but it has produced...
    Thanks Nigel, you've sorta confirmed what I've just discovered. I've just had a look now and there's 4 definite "branch" looking things sticking out from under the big leaves near the bottom. The...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. beefpotnoodle
    Like x 3

Advice on the forum....

Look good :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. wiseowl
    Like x 5

Victoria Plums/James Grieve Apples

Can I just say, Bramleys are picked far too early mostly, when ripe you can eat them straight off the tree, in october.:biggrin:
    Can I just say, Bramleys are picked far too early mostly, when ripe you can eat them straight off the tree, in october.:biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Ystalyfera

What's wrong with tomatoes

And they vary in quality. I don't use them at all.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. cinnamon:g

Is it possible to grow indoors?

Thank you. Just the sort of advice I needed. I will stick to house plants at most if I do decide to try something indoors.
    Thank you. Just the sort of advice I needed. I will stick to house plants at most if I do decide to try something indoors.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Arlandria

Strawberries

Looking fab Emily:dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. JWK
    Like x 5

Giant Onions 2020

Attempting to tidy and braid my onions today :rolleyespink:
    5DF80F3D-688B-415D-9F17-4736F419A258.jpeg 20200516_172748.jpg 15896563634101353841077.jpg 20200719_183822.jpg 20200709_092549.jpg 20200816_115625.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. PP1

Pumpkin Galeux d'eysines Fruit Rot

I was wondering that. Thanks. There are some more forming so maybe removing that one will help the others? Going to be very windy tonight and tomorrow so I'll leave it on vine as a weight. ...
    I was wondering that. Thanks. There are some more forming so maybe removing that one will help the others? Going to be very windy tonight and tomorrow so I'll leave it on vine as a weight. Unless I get an overwhelming response saying cut it!
    I was wondering that. Thanks. There are some more forming so maybe removing that one will help the others? Going to be very windy tonight and tomorrow so I'll leave it on vine as a weight. Unless I get an overwhelming response saying cut it!
    I was wondering that. Thanks. There are some more forming so maybe removing that one will help the others? Going to be very windy tonight and tomorrow so I'll leave it on vine as a weight. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. PP1

Squash Mashed Potato Harvest?

Hi all. I planted 2 of these squash in a potato grow bag 20th May. The 1st photo is the big one that was 1st to take hold. I have lots of younger fruit that are clearly not ready, but the big...
    Hi all. I planted 2 of these squash in a potato grow bag 20th May. The 1st photo is the big one that was 1st to take hold. I have lots of younger fruit that are clearly not ready, but the big one is a good month in advance. Can I harvest this one? I thought it was a winter squash so had to...
    Hi all. I planted 2 of these squash in a potato grow bag 20th May. The 1st photo is the big one that was 1st to take hold. I have lots of younger fruit that are clearly not ready, but the big one is a good month in advance. Can I harvest this...
    Hi all. I planted 2 of these squash in a potato grow bag 20th May. The 1st photo is the big one that was 1st to take hold. I have lots of younger fruit that are clearly not ready, but the big...
    20200825_141220.jpg 20200825_141235.jpg 20200825_141236.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice