1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. marge

Kiwi plant

Ive just looked that one up BM - youre right, it is beautiful! Havent got anywhere to put one so mustnt buy one - mustnt buy one - mustnt buy one.....says it grows easily from seed ;)
    Ive just looked that one up BM - youre right, it is beautiful! Havent got anywhere to put one so mustnt buy one - mustnt buy one - mustnt buy one.....says it grows easily from seed ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. rainbow peter

Tomato plants

Morning Peter & Welcome...! I remove all discoloured lower leaves but I don't start removing them otherwise yet. I usually remove mine when the fruits have got to the size I want, bfore I...
    Morning Peter & Welcome...! I remove all discoloured lower leaves but I don't start removing them otherwise yet. I usually remove mine when the fruits have got to the size I want, bfore I remove the leaves... That is my way but I am not a big tomato grower, just a couple of plants a...
    Morning Peter & Welcome...! I remove all discoloured lower leaves but I don't start removing them otherwise yet. I usually remove mine when the fruits have got to the size I want, bfore I remove the leaves... That is my way but I am not...
    Morning Peter & Welcome...! I remove all discoloured lower leaves but I don't start removing them otherwise yet. I usually remove mine when the fruits have got to the size I want, bfore I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. elainefiz

sweetcorn

Hi Scotkat,last year was my first attempt at sweetcorn and so i was a bit dubious,especially when the man in the next allotment said he`s never had much luck on account of the dodgy climate here...
    Hi Scotkat,last year was my first attempt at sweetcorn and so i was a bit dubious,especially when the man in the next allotment said he`s never had much luck on account of the dodgy climate here in the North East.I can`t tell you much about how to grow baby corn but there is a note of a one...
    Hi Scotkat,last year was my first attempt at sweetcorn and so i was a bit dubious,especially when the man in the next allotment said he`s never had much luck on account of the dodgy climate here in the North East.I can`t tell you much about how...
    Hi Scotkat,last year was my first attempt at sweetcorn and so i was a bit dubious,especially when the man in the next allotment said he`s never had much luck on account of the dodgy climate here...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Celia

origanum

I am glad you got one Celia. I am pleased with mine. Did you say that you saw a number of different colours. If so I must keep an eye out.
    I am glad you got one Celia. I am pleased with mine. Did you say that you saw a number of different colours. If so I must keep an eye out.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Liz

Excess fruit

That sounds very good, just what I need, but sadly I don't think I can justify more than �£100. However googling for info. about yours has thrown up loads of information on proper juicers, so...
    That sounds very good, just what I need, but sadly I don't think I can justify more than �£100. However googling for info. about yours has thrown up loads of information on proper juicers, so thank you! Although the juice seems to keep only a couple of days at most in the fridge, I thought...
    That sounds very good, just what I need, but sadly I don't think I can justify more than �£100. However googling for info. about yours has thrown up loads of information on proper juicers, so thank you! Although the juice seems to keep only a...
    That sounds very good, just what I need, but sadly I don't think I can justify more than �£100. However googling for info. about yours has thrown up loads of information on proper juicers, so...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. macleaf

Grapes

Macleaf ---- you are welcome :cool: M-Lhttp://www.gardenerscorner.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000423 [ 21. August 2006, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: Mona Lisa ]
    Macleaf ---- you are welcome :cool: M-Lhttp://www.gardenerscorner.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000423 [ 21. August 2006, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: Mona Lisa ]
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Albert Dyer

Spuds full of holes, My Veg is rubbish.

Most likely culprit is the keeled slug. They have been really bad this year in areas where there has not been enough rain. You often find wireworms or woodlice in the holes, but they are...
    Most likely culprit is the keeled slug. They have been really bad this year in areas where there has not been enough rain. You often find wireworms or woodlice in the holes, but they are secondary attackers who like the dampness. There is very little one can do about these underground living...
    Most likely culprit is the keeled slug. They have been really bad this year in areas where there has not been enough rain. You often find wireworms or woodlice in the holes, but they are secondary attackers who like the dampness. There is very...
    Most likely culprit is the keeled slug. They have been really bad this year in areas where there has not been enough rain. You often find wireworms or woodlice in the holes, but they are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. dalbuie

Raspberry Canes

I have 4 rows of rasps with about 20 canes a row and we picked around 56pounds of fruit : which is slightly better than last year which was better than any prior year. Most of our canes are now...
    I have 4 rows of rasps with about 20 canes a row and we picked around 56pounds of fruit : which is slightly better than last year which was better than any prior year. Most of our canes are now over 9 years old and starting to die out so I dig out the dead or failing ones, dig in fresh compost...
    I have 4 rows of rasps with about 20 canes a row and we picked around 56pounds of fruit : which is slightly better than last year which was better than any prior year. Most of our canes are now over 9 years old and starting to die out so I dig...
    I have 4 rows of rasps with about 20 canes a row and we picked around 56pounds of fruit : which is slightly better than last year which was better than any prior year. Most of our canes are now...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. sparkle

passion fruit

Must also say, Sparkle, I've almost totally given up on the seed thing and pay that bit more for an "instant" plant ... worth it in the long run! :D
    Must also say, Sparkle, I've almost totally given up on the seed thing and pay that bit more for an "instant" plant ... worth it in the long run! :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. lazy-gardener

pickled tomatoes??

Hey the pickled toms are fantastic I did them last year for the first time, you leave the calyx on the fruit and you dont have to use al red toms you can mix them or just do green red or yellow...
    Hey the pickled toms are fantastic I did them last year for the first time, you leave the calyx on the fruit and you dont have to use al red toms you can mix them or just do green red or yellow whatever takes your fancy, but dont eat the calyx, just hang on to that with your pinkies,and bite the...
    Hey the pickled toms are fantastic I did them last year for the first time, you leave the calyx on the fruit and you dont have to use al red toms you can mix them or just do green red or yellow whatever takes your fancy, but dont eat the calyx,...
    Hey the pickled toms are fantastic I did them last year for the first time, you leave the calyx on the fruit and you dont have to use al red toms you can mix them or just do green red or yellow...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. clear skies

garlic

First about the Garlic;Garlic needs a cold spell to split the clove otherwise you would get a bulb similar to an onion. This is why it is considered better to plant out at the end of the...
    First about the Garlic;Garlic needs a cold spell to split the clove otherwise you would get a bulb similar to an onion. This is why it is considered better to plant out at the end of the year.This is mine about 7-10 days ago;Regarding planting by the 'Moon phases' I had a mate who...
    First about the Garlic;Garlic needs a cold spell to split the clove otherwise you would get a bulb similar to an onion. This is why it is considered better to plant out at the end of the year.This is mine about 7-10 days ago;Regarding...
    First about the Garlic;Garlic needs a cold spell to split the clove otherwise you would get a bulb similar to an onion. This is why it is considered better to plant out at the end of the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Victoria

Ginger

:( Have tried it many times but have never managed to get it past the second winter....!!! :confused: :D
    :( Have tried it many times but have never managed to get it past the second winter....!!! :confused: :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. macleaf

rhubarb

Hi all,can anyone tell me why my rhubarb has what appears black spots on the stems? :(
    Hi all,can anyone tell me why my rhubarb has what appears black spots on the stems? :(
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Matty Boy

Lima beans

Hi Rumple and Miraflores:Thank very muuch for the replies. I am now inspired to give them a go this spring. Will try both greenhouse and outside and will let you know how I get on.
    Hi Rumple and Miraflores:Thank very muuch for the replies. I am now inspired to give them a go this spring. Will try both greenhouse and outside and will let you know how I get on.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. nikkimatt

Fallen Plum Ripening

The placing of a banana or peach with other fruit to aid ripening is because they produce a large amout of ethanol as they ripen and ethanol is essential for the ripening of fruit. Nikimatt I...
    The placing of a banana or peach with other fruit to aid ripening is because they produce a large amout of ethanol as they ripen and ethanol is essential for the ripening of fruit. Nikimatt I think I answered this for you on the Beeb site.
    The placing of a banana or peach with other fruit to aid ripening is because they produce a large amout of ethanol as they ripen and ethanol is essential for the ripening of fruit. Nikimatt I think I answered this for you on the Beeb site.
    The placing of a banana or peach with other fruit to aid ripening is because they produce a large amout of ethanol as they ripen and ethanol is essential for the ripening of fruit. Nikimatt I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. PJ

Pink Fir Apple Tatties- what to plant after main crops end in September?

Hi PJ I shall be planting spring greens. I sowed them last week and they are just poking through the compost so they'l be ready for planting by the time I take up the maincrop tatties.Big...
    Hi PJ I shall be planting spring greens. I sowed them last week and they are just poking through the compost so they'l be ready for planting by the time I take up the maincrop tatties.Big Thttp://brassicabill.blogspot.com
    Hi PJ I shall be planting spring greens. I sowed them last week and they are just poking through the compost so they'l be ready for planting by the time I take up the maincrop tatties.Big Thttp://brassicabill.blogspot.com
    Hi PJ I shall be planting spring greens. I sowed them last week and they are just poking through the compost so they'l be ready for planting by the time I take up the maincrop tatties.Big...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. MotherGoose

Tomatoes dropping off

Hello. My Dad's grown tomatoes for years, this year he gave me some of his plants and I've had no problems, however he has, the tomatoes have started to drop off, he can't touch the plants without...
    Hello. My Dad's grown tomatoes for years, this year he gave me some of his plants and I've had no problems, however he has, the tomatoes have started to drop off, he can't touch the plants without the unripe fruit dropping off. Any idea what's caused this?Mothergoose :confused:
    Hello. My Dad's grown tomatoes for years, this year he gave me some of his plants and I've had no problems, however he has, the tomatoes have started to drop off, he can't touch the plants without the unripe fruit dropping off. Any idea what's...
    Hello. My Dad's grown tomatoes for years, this year he gave me some of his plants and I've had no problems, however he has, the tomatoes have started to drop off, he can't touch the plants without...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. gill.fr

Passionfruit

Caerulea as far as we are concerned in the UK is the most rampant, even here it can get out of control, as I believe a few others can in a milder climate, just wished I lived somewhere frost free....
    Caerulea as far as we are concerned in the UK is the most rampant, even here it can get out of control, as I believe a few others can in a milder climate, just wished I lived somewhere frost free. :D Dont know for sure,(and I stress this) but I dont think any passion fruit are poisonous, its...
    Caerulea as far as we are concerned in the UK is the most rampant, even here it can get out of control, as I believe a few others can in a milder climate, just wished I lived somewhere frost free. :D Dont know for sure,(and I stress this) but...
    Caerulea as far as we are concerned in the UK is the most rampant, even here it can get out of control, as I believe a few others can in a milder climate, just wished I lived somewhere frost free....
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Kandy

pickling beetroot

Hi Big T.Thanks for your advice,we will try the sand idea. I don't have to worry about the taste of vinegar as I don't eat them myself.I got put off of them for life when the teachers at school...
    Hi Big T.Thanks for your advice,we will try the sand idea. I don't have to worry about the taste of vinegar as I don't eat them myself.I got put off of them for life when the teachers at school tried to force them down me at school dinnersKandy
    Hi Big T.Thanks for your advice,we will try the sand idea. I don't have to worry about the taste of vinegar as I don't eat them myself.I got put off of them for life when the teachers at school tried to force them down me at school dinnersKandy
    Hi Big T.Thanks for your advice,we will try the sand idea. I don't have to worry about the taste of vinegar as I don't eat them myself.I got put off of them for life when the teachers at school...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. EP

Tomato plants question.

Hi EP and welcome to GC.The only suggestion I can give you for your indoor tomatoes is to try and spray the flowers with a fine mist of water,which will help the pollen to run.You could do with...
    Hi EP and welcome to GC.The only suggestion I can give you for your indoor tomatoes is to try and spray the flowers with a fine mist of water,which will help the pollen to run.You could do with some bees getting in to the greenhouse to do their work. Make sure to leave the door and windows open...
    Hi EP and welcome to GC.The only suggestion I can give you for your indoor tomatoes is to try and spray the flowers with a fine mist of water,which will help the pollen to run.You could do with some bees getting in to the greenhouse to do their...
    Hi EP and welcome to GC.The only suggestion I can give you for your indoor tomatoes is to try and spray the flowers with a fine mist of water,which will help the pollen to run.You could do with...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice