1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. Scotkat

Baby Corn and Baby Courgettes

Has anyone grown these before?And are they successful would like to grow these in my greenhouse next yr.I have grown courgettes before but never baby.Can anyone help me?
    Has anyone grown these before?And are they successful would like to grow these in my greenhouse next yr.I have grown courgettes before but never baby.Can anyone help me?
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Lizz

Baby Apples!!!!

Well done ! Which variety are they?
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Scrungee

B&Q have got the seeds spuds in!

Wilkos Bletchley hadn't got their seed spuds in when I looked on Friday, but they had empty shelves with labels ready for them and the varieties were Desiree, Maris Piper, Arran Pilot, King...
    Wilkos Bletchley hadn't got their seed spuds in when I looked on Friday, but they had empty shelves with labels ready for them and the varieties were Desiree, Maris Piper, Arran Pilot, King Edward, Rooster, Rocket, Maris Peer and Javelin. So once again I'll have to go elsewhere for my...
    Wilkos Bletchley hadn't got their seed spuds in when I looked on Friday, but they had empty shelves with labels ready for them and the varieties were Desiree, Maris Piper, Arran Pilot, King Edward, Rooster, Rocket, Maris Peer and Javelin. So...
    Wilkos Bletchley hadn't got their seed spuds in when I looked on Friday, but they had empty shelves with labels ready for them and the varieties were Desiree, Maris Piper, Arran Pilot, King...
    spuds B&Q.jpg wrinkly spud.png wilko spud label.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. leeski

Avocado

I have recently eaten avocado in a salad made with quinoa (dark and light), cashew nuts, rocket salad, dark beans and salmon...it is not a taste or a texture that I like particularly, but I don't...
    I have recently eaten avocado in a salad made with quinoa (dark and light), cashew nuts, rocket salad, dark beans and salmon...it is not a taste or a texture that I like particularly, but I don't mind eating it on the light of the fact that it is healthy.
    I have recently eaten avocado in a salad made with quinoa (dark and light), cashew nuts, rocket salad, dark beans and salmon...it is not a taste or a texture that I like particularly, but I don't mind eating it on the light of the fact that it is...
    I have recently eaten avocado in a salad made with quinoa (dark and light), cashew nuts, rocket salad, dark beans and salmon...it is not a taste or a texture that I like particularly, but I don't...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Blackthorn

Autumn sown tomatoes - update!

Great Biscombe, seems you did the same as me - great minds.... :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Blackthorn

Autumn sown tomatoes

With the low light now and fluctuating day/night temperatures I would expect the lower leaves to turn yellow at this time of year. No problem with that, just so long as they don't all turn...
    With the low light now and fluctuating day/night temperatures I would expect the lower leaves to turn yellow at this time of year. No problem with that, just so long as they don't all turn yellow!Throttle back the watering a bit to balance the slower growth rate or they might be wrotting. I...
    With the low light now and fluctuating day/night temperatures I would expect the lower leaves to turn yellow at this time of year. No problem with that, just so long as they don't all turn yellow!Throttle back the watering a bit to balance the...
    With the low light now and fluctuating day/night temperatures I would expect the lower leaves to turn yellow at this time of year. No problem with that, just so long as they don't all turn...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Robbie

Autumn rasperries. What to do with new suckers?

With Autumn raspberries you need to cut all canes back to about 3 inches in height in February (which is what I do), including the short canes. It's not accurate - I've seen canes cut almost to...
    With Autumn raspberries you need to cut all canes back to about 3 inches in height in February (which is what I do), including the short canes. It's not accurate - I've seen canes cut almost to ground level and somewhere between 6 and 9 inches high.If the short canes are really short, I...
    With Autumn raspberries you need to cut all canes back to about 3 inches in height in February (which is what I do), including the short canes. It's not accurate - I've seen canes cut almost to ground level and somewhere between 6 and 9 inches...
    With Autumn raspberries you need to cut all canes back to about 3 inches in height in February (which is what I do), including the short canes. It's not accurate - I've seen canes cut almost to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Autumn bliss

Autumn raspberrries

sounds great pots will be fine but add a couple of inches of compost with sand and firm down so when the cutting goes in it has a good base to sit in , remember to leave alone once all planted up...
    sounds great pots will be fine but add a couple of inches of compost with sand and firm down so when the cutting goes in it has a good base to sit in , remember to leave alone once all planted up till next Autumn to plant out, no nosing to see how the roots are getting on , poly tunnel will be...
    sounds great pots will be fine but add a couple of inches of compost with sand and firm down so when the cutting goes in it has a good base to sit in , remember to leave alone once all planted up till next Autumn to plant out, no nosing to see...
    sounds great pots will be fine but add a couple of inches of compost with sand and firm down so when the cutting goes in it has a good base to sit in , remember to leave alone once all planted up...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Sian in Belgium

Autumn raspberries and strawberries - when to mulch?

Hi @Sian in Belgium,I grow Autumn Bliss Raspberries, & strawberries, they are grown in joining beds with a gooseberry bush & my rhubarb. I tend not to mulch mine until the spring, an old man...
    Hi @Sian in Belgium,I grow Autumn Bliss Raspberries, & strawberries, they are grown in joining beds with a gooseberry bush & my rhubarb. I tend not to mulch mine until the spring, an old man once told me it's better for the plant to mulch in late spring? I do the strawberries at the same...
    Hi @Sian in Belgium,I grow Autumn Bliss Raspberries, & strawberries, they are grown in joining beds with a gooseberry bush & my rhubarb. I tend not to mulch mine until the spring, an old man once told me it's better for the plant to mulch in...
    Hi @Sian in Belgium,I grow Autumn Bliss Raspberries, & strawberries, they are grown in joining beds with a gooseberry bush & my rhubarb. I tend not to mulch mine until the spring, an old man...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Marley Farley

Autumn planting Onions Shallots & Garlic offer..!

Hi, that's not bad. However, i have just bought 2 x 50 sets of Radar onion from the telegraph garden shop @ £1.79 each and also 3 garlic bulbs from Wilki's for £2.00. Grand total of £5.58. :yahoo:
    Hi, that's not bad. However, i have just bought 2 x 50 sets of Radar onion from the telegraph garden shop @ £1.79 each and also 3 garlic bulbs from Wilki's for £2.00. Grand total of £5.58. :yahoo:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Scrungee

Autumn planting onion setts in poly tunnel

They need to be proper sets as saved onions will go to seeds. Checked on my autumn planted sets in the polytunnel yesterday and mice had bitten though every single shoot at ground level.
    They need to be proper sets as saved onions will go to seeds. Checked on my autumn planted sets in the polytunnel yesterday and mice had bitten though every single shoot at ground level.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Craig1987

Autumn planting garlic

Quick question, I have just prepared 3 plant pots. Filled them with compost and a little blood fish and bone. Am I ok to plant the cloves in the morning or do I have to let the pots sit a bit? I'm...
    Quick question, I have just prepared 3 plant pots. Filled them with compost and a little blood fish and bone. Am I ok to plant the cloves in the morning or do I have to let the pots sit a bit? I'm sure I've read somewhere before about leaving them to rest before planting in the garlic?
    Quick question, I have just prepared 3 plant pots. Filled them with compost and a little blood fish and bone. Am I ok to plant the cloves in the morning or do I have to let the pots sit a bit? I'm sure I've read somewhere before about leaving...
    Quick question, I have just prepared 3 plant pots. Filled them with compost and a little blood fish and bone. Am I ok to plant the cloves in the morning or do I have to let the pots sit a bit? I'm...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. silu

Autumn plantd Garlic

Thank you very much @NigelJ . Agree there is a biting wind here too but mine are quite cosy in the greenhouse atm. They'll get turfed out when I need the space for my Toms so no doubt will take a...
    Thank you very much @NigelJ . Agree there is a biting wind here too but mine are quite cosy in the greenhouse atm. They'll get turfed out when I need the space for my Toms so no doubt will take a poor view of that:).
    Thank you very much @NigelJ . Agree there is a biting wind here too but mine are quite cosy in the greenhouse atm. They'll get turfed out when I need the space for my Toms so no doubt will take a poor view of that:).
    Thank you very much @NigelJ . Agree there is a biting wind here too but mine are quite cosy in the greenhouse atm. They'll get turfed out when I need the space for my Toms so no doubt will take a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Jungle Jane

Autumn Onions - Worth A Go?

Cheap garlic now at Wilko 2.5p/clove and reports are that it's strong flavoured.
    Cheap garlic now at Wilko 2.5p/clove and reports are that it's strong flavoured.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Snorky85

Autumn onion set with flower stalk?

You can eat em green, they just won't store :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Vince

Autumn Garlic - Phew!

Wine all over the keyboard again:D:D:D Its only one variety that has come up, something begining with M, Scrunge will know.
    Wine all over the keyboard again:D:D:D Its only one variety that has come up, something begining with M, Scrunge will know.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. mazco

Autumn fruiting raspberries

Not sure I would transplant them. Although if they have spread all over the place, and there is no well defined "row" any more that may be the only choice - but they tend to suffer increasingly...
    Not sure I would transplant them. Although if they have spread all over the place, and there is no well defined "row" any more that may be the only choice - but they tend to suffer increasingly from virus as they age, and replacing soil and canes would be a better plan, although a more daunting...
    Not sure I would transplant them. Although if they have spread all over the place, and there is no well defined "row" any more that may be the only choice - but they tend to suffer increasingly from virus as they age, and replacing soil and canes...
    Not sure I would transplant them. Although if they have spread all over the place, and there is no well defined "row" any more that may be the only choice - but they tend to suffer increasingly...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Kathy535

Autumn courgettes?

I don't really know about "cropping", but I do use it in the spring for seed raising - after potting on - keeps them warm enough at night. Most nights the lamp doesn't come on, just...
    I don't really know about "cropping", but I do use it in the spring for seed raising - after potting on - keeps them warm enough at night. Most nights the lamp doesn't come on, just zipping-them-up is enough.I also use it for overwintering slightly tender things.I was also pondering whether...
    I don't really know about "cropping", but I do use it in the spring for seed raising - after potting on - keeps them warm enough at night. Most nights the lamp doesn't come on, just zipping-them-up is enough.I also use it for overwintering...
    I don't really know about "cropping", but I do use it in the spring for seed raising - after potting on - keeps them warm enough at night. Most nights the lamp doesn't come on, just...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. blacksmith

autumn cabbage

Thanks Kristen
    Thanks Kristen
    Thanks Kristen
    Thanks Kristen
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Kristen

Automatic watering (tomatoes)

That sounds like a very interesting ( and large:D ) project there Kristen. Keep us informed, please.:thumb:
    That sounds like a very interesting ( and large:D ) project there Kristen. Keep us informed, please.:thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice