Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. craigb45

Aubergine problems

Oh, I planted them in March from seed in an unheated greenhouse if that helps ?
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. 1eyedjack

Aubergine post mortem

I tried aubergines this year as well, as I was given a couple of plants - similar story, although mine didn't even grow very big, got a few flowers but no fruits. I had them in half grow-bags in...
    I tried aubergines this year as well, as I was given a couple of plants - similar story, although mine didn't even grow very big, got a few flowers but no fruits. I had them in half grow-bags in a mini-greenhouse but everything got too big so I had to leave the door open all the time! I didn't...
    I tried aubergines this year as well, as I was given a couple of plants - similar story, although mine didn't even grow very big, got a few flowers but no fruits. I had them in half grow-bags in a mini-greenhouse but everything got too big so I...
    I tried aubergines this year as well, as I was given a couple of plants - similar story, although mine didn't even grow very big, got a few flowers but no fruits. I had them in half grow-bags in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Snowbaby

Aubergine plant

Thank you Alice! Our forecast is for rain all week but it's very muggy hot here also. So I'm thinking sunshine happen :(
    Thank you Alice! Our forecast is for rain all week but it's very muggy hot here also. So I'm thinking sunshine happen :(
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. THFC

Aubergine leaf problem

It's currently in isolation and now looking incredibly sorry for itself. Will give it to the end of the week, and then try as you suggest. Shame we are not going to be having great weather this week.
    It's currently in isolation and now looking incredibly sorry for itself. Will give it to the end of the week, and then try as you suggest. Shame we are not going to be having great weather this week.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. luciusmaximus

Aubergine infested with aphids

Just tap water, although it is usually warm from sitting in the greenhouse. My aubies seem to really appreciate the increase in humidity.
    Just tap water, although it is usually warm from sitting in the greenhouse. My aubies seem to really appreciate the increase in humidity.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. alpine

Aubergine help please

Thanks Alice, didn't know about the 15 degrees overnight, thats very usefull.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. JWK

Aubergine growing advice

Fruit should be very shiny. If it loses it's shine, it's past it. Use secateurs to snip the stem and take it by the fruit end. They've got vicious spines!
    Fruit should be very shiny. If it loses it's shine, it's past it. Use secateurs to snip the stem and take it by the fruit end. They've got vicious spines!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. MrJ
    Like x 5

Aubergine Bragging

Congratulations! Aubergines can be fussy but have certainly enjoyed this hot(ish) summer. Ours have also avoided being covered in red spider mite which have caused us problems in previous years....
    Congratulations! Aubergines can be fussy but have certainly enjoyed this hot(ish) summer. Ours have also avoided being covered in red spider mite which have caused us problems in previous years. Don't know why, we haven't taken any special precautions.The round stripy ones are outside...
    Congratulations! Aubergines can be fussy but have certainly enjoyed this hot(ish) summer. Ours have also avoided being covered in red spider mite which have caused us problems in previous years. Don't know why, we haven't taken any special...
    Congratulations! Aubergines can be fussy but have certainly enjoyed this hot(ish) summer. Ours have also avoided being covered in red spider mite which have caused us problems in previous years....
    aubergines.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. JohnnyMac

Aubergine and Peppers

Initially remove the growing tip.This will cause the plant to form at least two branches.If you want to grow numerous fruit then again remove the growing tip from the branches formed once...
    Initially remove the growing tip.This will cause the plant to form at least two branches.If you want to grow numerous fruit then again remove the growing tip from the branches formed once they are about 6" long.This will cause the branch/es to double up again. I wouldn't recommend...
    Initially remove the growing tip.This will cause the plant to form at least two branches.If you want to grow numerous fruit then again remove the growing tip from the branches formed once they are about 6" long.This will cause the...
    Initially remove the growing tip.This will cause the plant to form at least two branches.If you want to grow numerous fruit then again remove the growing tip from the branches formed once...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Webmaster

Aubergine / Egg Plants .... Do you have much success ?

Thank you. I've solved the mystery - I need to get my seedlings labelled correctly next year. I found another plant in the greenhouse also labelled Aubergine: ...which looks entirely different...
    Thank you. I've solved the mystery - I need to get my seedlings labelled correctly next year. I found another plant in the greenhouse also labelled Aubergine: ...which looks entirely different from what I now believe to be "bolted" spinach! Oops.:heehee:
    Thank you. I've solved the mystery - I need to get my seedlings labelled correctly next year. I found another plant in the greenhouse also labelled Aubergine: ...which looks entirely different from what I now believe to be "bolted" spinach! Oops.:heehee:
    Thank you. I've solved the mystery - I need to get my seedlings labelled correctly next year. I found another plant in the greenhouse also labelled Aubergine: ...which looks entirely different...
    eggpalant.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. pamsdish

Aubergine

I polinate the cucurbits by hand & give the sweetcorn a shake. oooohhhh Matron :loll: Spruce
    I polinate the cucurbits by hand & give the sweetcorn a shake. oooohhhh Matron :loll: Spruce
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Ciryluk

Aubergine

Well done Ciryluk. Aubergines are really tricky. I tried for years and got nothing but flowers. Last year I got 2 big whoppers but I'm not growing them anymore. All that space and work for 2...
    Well done Ciryluk. Aubergines are really tricky. I tried for years and got nothing but flowers. Last year I got 2 big whoppers but I'm not growing them anymore. All that space and work for 2 aubergines is not worth it. I think I just wanted to prove I could grow them. Enjoy your bumper crop and...
    Well done Ciryluk. Aubergines are really tricky. I tried for years and got nothing but flowers. Last year I got 2 big whoppers but I'm not growing them anymore. All that space and work for 2 aubergines is not worth it. I think I just wanted to...
    Well done Ciryluk. Aubergines are really tricky. I tried for years and got nothing but flowers. Last year I got 2 big whoppers but I'm not growing them anymore. All that space and work for 2...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. pamsdish

Aubergine

I don't pinch mine out, as they bush up naturally. If you pinch them out it takes 2 or 3 weeks for them to get back to where they were (but you will need to do that if they don't bush out...
    I don't pinch mine out, as they bush up naturally. If you pinch them out it takes 2 or 3 weeks for them to get back to where they were (but you will need to do that if they don't bush out naturally).Mine grow a bit more than knee high, and a couple of feet across.
    I don't pinch mine out, as they bush up naturally. If you pinch them out it takes 2 or 3 weeks for them to get back to where they were (but you will need to do that if they don't bush out naturally).Mine grow a bit more than knee high, and a...
    I don't pinch mine out, as they bush up naturally. If you pinch them out it takes 2 or 3 weeks for them to get back to where they were (but you will need to do that if they don't bush out...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Phil A
    Agree x 8

Attention : The EU is going to ban traditional varieties.

Devious is my middle name! :snork: I've spent most of my life working out, legal, ways around stupid rules and regulations. It's a, sort of, hobby of mine! (Sad, I know :heehee:). I've done it for myself,...
    Devious is my middle name! :snork: I've spent most of my life working out, legal, ways around stupid rules and regulations. It's a, sort of, hobby of mine! (Sad, I know :heehee:). I've done it for myself, friends, clubs, businesses (big and small) and even a local authority. :hapydancsmil:
    Devious is my middle name! :snork: I've spent most of my life working out, legal, ways around stupid rules and regulations. It's a, sort of, hobby of mine! (Sad, I know :heehee:). I've done it for myself, friends, clubs, businesses (big and small) and even...
    Devious is my middle name! :snork: I've spent most of my life working out, legal, ways around stupid rules and regulations. It's a, sort of, hobby of mine! (Sad, I know :heehee:). I've done it for myself,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Snowbaby

attempting carrots this year

I once had a lettuce and salad cream sarny. I was just about to bite into it when I say two beady eyes appear on stalks, and a tiny slug popped out to say hello.
    I once had a lettuce and salad cream sarny. I was just about to bite into it when I say two beady eyes appear on stalks, and a tiny slug popped out to say hello.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. hedgehog

Atlantic giant pumpkin seed for charity

If any members are interested, like myself, in growing Giant pumpkins I have just bought some Atlantic Giant seed from a charity sale on e-Bay .All the proceeds going to...
    If any members are interested, like myself, in growing Giant pumpkins I have just bought some Atlantic Giant seed from a charity sale on e-Bay .All the proceeds going to MacMillan Cancer Support! Search for 'charity pumpkin seed' on e-Bays search engine! Hope to report ...
    If any members are interested, like myself, in growing Giant pumpkins I have just bought some Atlantic Giant seed from a charity sale on e-Bay .All the proceeds going to MacMillan Cancer Support! Search for 'charity ...
    If any members are interested, like myself, in growing Giant pumpkins I have just bought some Atlantic Giant seed from a charity sale on e-Bay .All the proceeds going to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. vegmandan

At last... a decent crop of Garlic.

it seems fruitful, but how to stock them, they looks so many.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. pamsdish
    Like x 3

At Last

Awsome.....i've been picking beans for a couple days now, nothing like fresh, right out of the garden!
    Awsome.....i've been picking beans for a couple days now, nothing like fresh, right out of the garden!
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. devongardener

asparagus, please help

See this link it should help >
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Roger Wilko

Asparagus Tips

Seems I should have looked at Dave W's link, thanks Dave
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice