1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. Leadbelly

caully wobbles

Hi RussThe little devils will do this, won't they? I seem to remember that deeper planting used to be frowned upon for some resaon but I've done it myself without any ill effects. I also used...
    Hi RussThe little devils will do this, won't they? I seem to remember that deeper planting used to be frowned upon for some resaon but I've done it myself without any ill effects. I also used to tie any particularly floppy ones to little stakes to keep them off the ground.
    Hi RussThe little devils will do this, won't they? I seem to remember that deeper planting used to be frowned upon for some resaon but I've done it myself without any ill effects. I also used to tie any particularly floppy ones to little...
    Hi RussThe little devils will do this, won't they? I seem to remember that deeper planting used to be frowned upon for some resaon but I've done it myself without any ill effects. I also used...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. KathrynMac

Something to share - Jody's Beans

This story was written by myself for my little ones coming to visit my garden. We spent 2 hours with 30 5/6 year olds in my garden talking about worms, bugs, butterflies, bumble bees, compost,...
    This story was written by myself for my little ones coming to visit my garden. We spent 2 hours with 30 5/6 year olds in my garden talking about worms, bugs, butterflies, bumble bees, compost, recycling and other kwel stuff! We planted carrots and squash. It was a good day for everyone...
    This story was written by myself for my little ones coming to visit my garden. We spent 2 hours with 30 5/6 year olds in my garden talking about worms, bugs, butterflies, bumble bees, compost, recycling and other kwel stuff! We planted carrots...
    This story was written by myself for my little ones coming to visit my garden. We spent 2 hours with 30 5/6 year olds in my garden talking about worms, bugs, butterflies, bumble bees, compost,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Paul waterhouse

Coming along nicely

I had the beans in modules in the polytunnel, so can't say it was the wind for mine. Like you, I think direct sowing is the way to go - In fact, I may even try them direct this weekend.It's...
    I had the beans in modules in the polytunnel, so can't say it was the wind for mine. Like you, I think direct sowing is the way to go - In fact, I may even try them direct this weekend.It's amazing how fast topsoil seems to disappear, and you always end up needing more that you think. :)
    I had the beans in modules in the polytunnel, so can't say it was the wind for mine. Like you, I think direct sowing is the way to go - In fact, I may even try them direct this weekend.It's amazing how fast topsoil seems to disappear, and you...
    I had the beans in modules in the polytunnel, so can't say it was the wind for mine. Like you, I think direct sowing is the way to go - In fact, I may even try them direct this weekend.It's...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. weekend gardener

veg and salad seeds

I wish you all the luck with your vegetables, weekend gardener! Pleased to know that your little one helps you picking the cherry tomatoes. We never arrived to that stage when my two daughters...
    I wish you all the luck with your vegetables, weekend gardener! Pleased to know that your little one helps you picking the cherry tomatoes. We never arrived to that stage when my two daughters were that young: they would just pick all the green tomatoes before I could lay hand on them and step...
    I wish you all the luck with your vegetables, weekend gardener! Pleased to know that your little one helps you picking the cherry tomatoes. We never arrived to that stage when my two daughters were that young: they would just pick all the green...
    I wish you all the luck with your vegetables, weekend gardener! Pleased to know that your little one helps you picking the cherry tomatoes. We never arrived to that stage when my two daughters...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Snowbaby

Potato Q

All good advice from John Snowbaby and you can tell when they are ready to harvest either by the foliage going a yellow colour and wilting as it dies off,or you could have a gentle rummage amongst...
    All good advice from John Snowbaby and you can tell when they are ready to harvest either by the foliage going a yellow colour and wilting as it dies off,or you could have a gentle rummage amongst the soil to see if there are any tubers ready,but this is going to be quiet a few weeks away yet if...
    All good advice from John Snowbaby and you can tell when they are ready to harvest either by the foliage going a yellow colour and wilting as it dies off,or you could have a gentle rummage amongst the soil to see if there are any tubers ready,but...
    All good advice from John Snowbaby and you can tell when they are ready to harvest either by the foliage going a yellow colour and wilting as it dies off,or you could have a gentle rummage amongst...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. weekend gardener

fruit

It works too. I did it the year we moved here, and i'd potted the trees ready for transportation. But summer came before the signing of the contract. The only problem was hubby. he could reach...
    It works too. I did it the year we moved here, and i'd potted the trees ready for transportation. But summer came before the signing of the contract. The only problem was hubby. he could reach under the net. :eek:
    It works too. I did it the year we moved here, and i'd potted the trees ready for transportation. But summer came before the signing of the contract. The only problem was hubby. he could reach under the net. :eek:
    It works too. I did it the year we moved here, and i'd potted the trees ready for transportation. But summer came before the signing of the contract. The only problem was hubby. he could reach...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. chitting kaz

BLIGHT????????????????

Epsom Salts.
    Epsom Salts.
    Epsom Salts.
    Epsom Salts.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. strongylodon

Soon be ripe

grrrr... no problem, stronglylodon, I keep on plantig all the time disregarding the season. The funny thing is: in the daylight you never see a snail in sight and you wonder how do they manage to...
    grrrr... no problem, stronglylodon, I keep on plantig all the time disregarding the season. The funny thing is: in the daylight you never see a snail in sight and you wonder how do they manage to eat whole plants... But do try and have a look at 1 o' clock in the night like I did yesterday,...
    grrrr... no problem, stronglylodon, I keep on plantig all the time disregarding the season. The funny thing is: in the daylight you never see a snail in sight and you wonder how do they manage to eat whole plants... But do try and have a look at...
    grrrr... no problem, stronglylodon, I keep on plantig all the time disregarding the season. The funny thing is: in the daylight you never see a snail in sight and you wonder how do they manage to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Clueless76

Lettuces...

It sounds more like slug damage. Have a look at the lettuces late at night, that's when slugs come out and do their damage. You can pick them off or use a few carefully sprinkled slug pellets if...
    It sounds more like slug damage. Have a look at the lettuces late at night, that's when slugs come out and do their damage. You can pick them off or use a few carefully sprinkled slug pellets if you're not organic.
    It sounds more like slug damage. Have a look at the lettuces late at night, that's when slugs come out and do their damage. You can pick them off or use a few carefully sprinkled slug pellets if you're not organic.
    It sounds more like slug damage. Have a look at the lettuces late at night, that's when slugs come out and do their damage. You can pick them off or use a few carefully sprinkled slug pellets if...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. capney

Another first today

There's nowt like it - yummmmm!
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. strongylodon

Apple damage

Has anyone any useful tips on how to avoid having our Cox's apples ruined by caterpillars, I presume Coddling Moth, only 4 out of about 30 were edible and this was the first time we had any...
    Has anyone any useful tips on how to avoid having our Cox's apples ruined by caterpillars, I presume Coddling Moth, only 4 out of about 30 were edible and this was the first time we had any apples!!! I know there are pheremone traps but I understand that they are not very effective.
    Has anyone any useful tips on how to avoid having our Cox's apples ruined by caterpillars, I presume Coddling Moth, only 4 out of about 30 were edible and this was the first time we had any apples!!! I know there are pheremone traps but I...
    Has anyone any useful tips on how to avoid having our Cox's apples ruined by caterpillars, I presume Coddling Moth, only 4 out of about 30 were edible and this was the first time we had any...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. leonora

Using fruit

Just made two jars of apple and elderberry jam from the fruit in my garden!I should explain - the trees seem to have been there for donkey's years, and until I came the apples just fell off...
    Just made two jars of apple and elderberry jam from the fruit in my garden!I should explain - the trees seem to have been there for donkey's years, and until I came the apples just fell off the tree and rotted..... Hopefully I will be able to collect some more this evening, so I can make...
    Just made two jars of apple and elderberry jam from the fruit in my garden!I should explain - the trees seem to have been there for donkey's years, and until I came the apples just fell off the tree and rotted..... Hopefully I will be able...
    Just made two jars of apple and elderberry jam from the fruit in my garden!I should explain - the trees seem to have been there for donkey's years, and until I came the apples just fell off...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. ericthehalfabee

Sweet Potato Advice Please...

The grow like a vine, but the sweet potatoes form under ground.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. boebrummie

potatoes

lol thanks. looks like i'll have to support them lol. they are starting to lean abit.
    lol thanks. looks like i'll have to support them lol. they are starting to lean abit.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. wildflower

bluebery bush..

Why is my one blueberry bush dying. Could it be from ants. I have three in pots
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Synthhead

American land cress.

Synthhead, You are not wrong. Possibly a little early, even in the south, for planting outside but in a couple of weeks where you are and 3-4 weeks where I am, it should go great. Oh and LG you...
    Synthhead, You are not wrong. Possibly a little early, even in the south, for planting outside but in a couple of weeks where you are and 3-4 weeks where I am, it should go great. Oh and LG you are closer to me weather-wise.
    Synthhead, You are not wrong. Possibly a little early, even in the south, for planting outside but in a couple of weeks where you are and 3-4 weeks where I am, it should go great. Oh and LG you are closer to me weather-wise.
    Synthhead, You are not wrong. Possibly a little early, even in the south, for planting outside but in a couple of weeks where you are and 3-4 weeks where I am, it should go great. Oh and LG you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Kathy3

radish

Wow! Its a monster :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. silu

When to harvest hardneck Garlic?

I always let mine (softneck) die back pretty much.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. David Cook

What to do with tomatoes

Yeah pick any green fruit to ripen indoors and then put the plants on the compost heap, just cut the woody stems up a bit.
    Yeah pick any green fruit to ripen indoors and then put the plants on the compost heap, just cut the woody stems up a bit.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Madahhlia

One year old grape vine shoots

I checked today and it's not bleeding. So I won't have to rush round applying tourniquets to all the stumps.
    I checked today and it's not bleeding. So I won't have to rush round applying tourniquets to all the stumps.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice