1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. Webmaster

Aubergine / Egg Plants .... Do you have much success ?

Thank you. I've solved the mystery - I need to get my seedlings labelled correctly next year. I found another plant in the greenhouse also labelled Aubergine: ...which looks entirely different...
    Thank you. I've solved the mystery - I need to get my seedlings labelled correctly next year. I found another plant in the greenhouse also labelled Aubergine: ...which looks entirely different from what I now believe to be "bolted" spinach! Oops.:heehee:
    Thank you. I've solved the mystery - I need to get my seedlings labelled correctly next year. I found another plant in the greenhouse also labelled Aubergine: ...which looks entirely different from what I now believe to be "bolted" spinach! Oops.:heehee:
    Thank you. I've solved the mystery - I need to get my seedlings labelled correctly next year. I found another plant in the greenhouse also labelled Aubergine: ...which looks entirely different...
    eggpalant.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. pamsdish

Aubergine

I polinate the cucurbits by hand & give the sweetcorn a shake. oooohhhh Matron :loll: Spruce
    I polinate the cucurbits by hand & give the sweetcorn a shake. oooohhhh Matron :loll: Spruce
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Ciryluk

Aubergine

Well done Ciryluk. Aubergines are really tricky. I tried for years and got nothing but flowers. Last year I got 2 big whoppers but I'm not growing them anymore. All that space and work for 2...
    Well done Ciryluk. Aubergines are really tricky. I tried for years and got nothing but flowers. Last year I got 2 big whoppers but I'm not growing them anymore. All that space and work for 2 aubergines is not worth it. I think I just wanted to prove I could grow them. Enjoy your bumper crop and...
    Well done Ciryluk. Aubergines are really tricky. I tried for years and got nothing but flowers. Last year I got 2 big whoppers but I'm not growing them anymore. All that space and work for 2 aubergines is not worth it. I think I just wanted to...
    Well done Ciryluk. Aubergines are really tricky. I tried for years and got nothing but flowers. Last year I got 2 big whoppers but I'm not growing them anymore. All that space and work for 2...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. pamsdish

Aubergine

I don't pinch mine out, as they bush up naturally. If you pinch them out it takes 2 or 3 weeks for them to get back to where they were (but you will need to do that if they don't bush out...
    I don't pinch mine out, as they bush up naturally. If you pinch them out it takes 2 or 3 weeks for them to get back to where they were (but you will need to do that if they don't bush out naturally).Mine grow a bit more than knee high, and a couple of feet across.
    I don't pinch mine out, as they bush up naturally. If you pinch them out it takes 2 or 3 weeks for them to get back to where they were (but you will need to do that if they don't bush out naturally).Mine grow a bit more than knee high, and a...
    I don't pinch mine out, as they bush up naturally. If you pinch them out it takes 2 or 3 weeks for them to get back to where they were (but you will need to do that if they don't bush out...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Phil A
    Agree x 8

Attention : The EU is going to ban traditional varieties.

Devious is my middle name! :snork: I've spent most of my life working out, legal, ways around stupid rules and regulations. It's a, sort of, hobby of mine! (Sad, I know :heehee:). I've done it for myself,...
    Devious is my middle name! :snork: I've spent most of my life working out, legal, ways around stupid rules and regulations. It's a, sort of, hobby of mine! (Sad, I know :heehee:). I've done it for myself, friends, clubs, businesses (big and small) and even a local authority. :hapydancsmil:
    Devious is my middle name! :snork: I've spent most of my life working out, legal, ways around stupid rules and regulations. It's a, sort of, hobby of mine! (Sad, I know :heehee:). I've done it for myself, friends, clubs, businesses (big and small) and even...
    Devious is my middle name! :snork: I've spent most of my life working out, legal, ways around stupid rules and regulations. It's a, sort of, hobby of mine! (Sad, I know :heehee:). I've done it for myself,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Snowbaby

attempting carrots this year

I once had a lettuce and salad cream sarny. I was just about to bite into it when I say two beady eyes appear on stalks, and a tiny slug popped out to say hello.
    I once had a lettuce and salad cream sarny. I was just about to bite into it when I say two beady eyes appear on stalks, and a tiny slug popped out to say hello.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. hedgehog

Atlantic giant pumpkin seed for charity

If any members are interested, like myself, in growing Giant pumpkins I have just bought some Atlantic Giant seed from a charity sale on e-Bay .All the proceeds going to...
    If any members are interested, like myself, in growing Giant pumpkins I have just bought some Atlantic Giant seed from a charity sale on e-Bay .All the proceeds going to MacMillan Cancer Support! Search for 'charity pumpkin seed' on e-Bays search engine! Hope to report ...
    If any members are interested, like myself, in growing Giant pumpkins I have just bought some Atlantic Giant seed from a charity sale on e-Bay .All the proceeds going to MacMillan Cancer Support! Search for 'charity ...
    If any members are interested, like myself, in growing Giant pumpkins I have just bought some Atlantic Giant seed from a charity sale on e-Bay .All the proceeds going to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. vegmandan

At last... a decent crop of Garlic.

it seems fruitful, but how to stock them, they looks so many.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. pamsdish
    Like x 3

At Last

Awsome.....i've been picking beans for a couple days now, nothing like fresh, right out of the garden!
    Awsome.....i've been picking beans for a couple days now, nothing like fresh, right out of the garden!
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. devongardener

asparagus, please help

See this link it should help >
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Roger Wilko

Asparagus Tips

Seems I should have looked at Dave W's link, thanks Dave
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Alice

Asparagus Substiture

I love my Hostas too much to eat them !!
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. JWK

Asparagus self sown seedlings, weed out?

yes doing dandy !! :hapydancsmil:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Paul waterhouse

Asparagus second year

Yes 4 years old. I cut a few last spring but didn't give in to temptation.I cooked some last weekend. I wrapped them in dry cured bacon and baked them in the oven. Served with hollandaise sauce.
    Yes 4 years old. I cut a few last spring but didn't give in to temptation.I cooked some last weekend. I wrapped them in dry cured bacon and baked them in the oven. Served with hollandaise sauce.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Vince

Asparagus season started?

Thanks Dave - figured definitely the wrong time of year - don't know how long they will still have the house for and if it could be relocated at a later date. :(
    Thanks Dave - figured definitely the wrong time of year - don't know how long they will still have the house for and if it could be relocated at a later date. :(
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. markd

Asparagus question.

That's right Mark, but in the first year of cropping don't take more than a couple of spears from each crown.
    That's right Mark, but in the first year of cropping don't take more than a couple of spears from each crown.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Paul Blackburn

Asparagus Question

When the spears poke up in the Spring (exactly when depends on your area/climate), you can take a stem or two from each plant. (Before the pointy end starts opening out). If the plants are big and...
    When the spears poke up in the Spring (exactly when depends on your area/climate), you can take a stem or two from each plant. (Before the pointy end starts opening out). If the plants are big and strong, you can do it again this year. That will probably be it for 2020, but as long as the fern...
    When the spears poke up in the Spring (exactly when depends on your area/climate), you can take a stem or two from each plant. (Before the pointy end starts opening out). If the plants are big and strong, you can do it again this year. That will...
    When the spears poke up in the Spring (exactly when depends on your area/climate), you can take a stem or two from each plant. (Before the pointy end starts opening out). If the plants are big and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. golcarlilly

Asparagus peas

Oooh how evil :mad: I like it :thumb: LOL
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Sian in Belgium

Asparagus pea plants

I grow them in a row they did not need an support mind grow more like a small bush nothing like a pea really so the pods are really easy to pick
    I grow them in a row they did not need an support mind grow more like a small bush nothing like a pea really so the pods are really easy to pick
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. bubbly

asparagus in pots

No, I brought them from my previous garden, dug up some small ones. They were seedlings of the originals bought as 3-year crowns from a local grower near Cambridge. Buying 3-yr crowns is a good...
    No, I brought them from my previous garden, dug up some small ones. They were seedlings of the originals bought as 3-year crowns from a local grower near Cambridge. Buying 3-yr crowns is a good way of starting, growing from seed will take that long to get going. Most garden centres sell them...
    No, I brought them from my previous garden, dug up some small ones. They were seedlings of the originals bought as 3-year crowns from a local grower near Cambridge. Buying 3-yr crowns is a good way of starting, growing from seed will take that...
    No, I brought them from my previous garden, dug up some small ones. They were seedlings of the originals bought as 3-year crowns from a local grower near Cambridge. Buying 3-yr crowns is a good...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice