Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. Rhyleysgranny

Asparagus

Multi-compost (Arthur Bowers, but I suspect any would do)
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. cauliflower ears

Asparagus

Thanks for the replies, as you can buy asparagus crowns in any gardedn centre, I wouldnt have thought there was too much trouble in moving them providing I'm careful. I think on balance they...
    Thanks for the replies, as you can buy asparagus crowns in any gardedn centre, I wouldnt have thought there was too much trouble in moving them providing I'm careful. I think on balance they would be better moved from the nursery bed into a properly constructed Asparagus bed, it's worth a try...
    Thanks for the replies, as you can buy asparagus crowns in any gardedn centre, I wouldnt have thought there was too much trouble in moving them providing I'm careful. I think on balance they would be better moved from the nursery bed into a...
    Thanks for the replies, as you can buy asparagus crowns in any gardedn centre, I wouldnt have thought there was too much trouble in moving them providing I'm careful. I think on balance they...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Sargan

Asparagus

We cropped ours for just a few weeks in Year 2 - rather than a couple of months, as we do now its established. The less you take the more the plants will establish ... so apart from having a...
    We cropped ours for just a few weeks in Year 2 - rather than a couple of months, as we do now its established. The less you take the more the plants will establish ... so apart from having a taster-tester-meal you might want to just leave them be until next year ?
    We cropped ours for just a few weeks in Year 2 - rather than a couple of months, as we do now its established. The less you take the more the plants will establish ... so apart from having a taster-tester-meal you might want to just leave them...
    We cropped ours for just a few weeks in Year 2 - rather than a couple of months, as we do now its established. The less you take the more the plants will establish ... so apart from having a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. skrumpy

Asparagus

Thanks for your responses.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Ambersparkle

Asparagus

Asparagus need very sandy soil and lots of brit. summer SUN ....raised.. if possibe to keep drier.. ...just keep Peacocks away , they love the tips ...like my hops ( miniature Asparagus ) I...
    Asparagus need very sandy soil and lots of brit. summer SUN ....raised.. if possibe to keep drier.. ...just keep Peacocks away , they love the tips ...like my hops ( miniature Asparagus ) I planted few years ago,and never came up next, well they did ..till one day saw Pedro taking all the new...
    Asparagus need very sandy soil and lots of brit. summer SUN ....raised.. if possibe to keep drier.. ...just keep Peacocks away , they love the tips ...like my hops ( miniature Asparagus ) I planted few years ago,and never came up next, well...
    Asparagus need very sandy soil and lots of brit. summer SUN ....raised.. if possibe to keep drier.. ...just keep Peacocks away , they love the tips ...like my hops ( miniature Asparagus ) I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. whis4ey

Asparagus

I have just bought 10 roots to be delivered early April with planting destructions Now to get started with building a small raised bed They tell me I can eat a few about June time, so that will...
    I have just bought 10 roots to be delivered early April with planting destructions Now to get started with building a small raised bed They tell me I can eat a few about June time, so that will be nice
    I have just bought 10 roots to be delivered early April with planting destructions Now to get started with building a small raised bed They tell me I can eat a few about June time, so that will be nice
    I have just bought 10 roots to be delivered early April with planting destructions Now to get started with building a small raised bed They tell me I can eat a few about June time, so that will...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. golcarlilly

Asparagus

If you have a Wilkinson`s store near you, they usually do them, in the spring, 3 roots for about £3.:thumb:
    If you have a Wilkinson`s store near you, they usually do them, in the spring, 3 roots for about £3.:thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Jiffy

Asparagus

Thank you very much for info Spruce and Kristen
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. captain kev

asparagus

I think I said previously in a different string that I grew from seed my own crowns. Unfortunately they only lasted a few years the died off on me! Perhaps I am the wrong one to give...
    I think I said previously in a different string that I grew from seed my own crowns. Unfortunately they only lasted a few years the died off on me! Perhaps I am the wrong one to give advice! Anyway as they are already two years old I would leave another year to make it three. As I remember...
    I think I said previously in a different string that I grew from seed my own crowns. Unfortunately they only lasted a few years the died off on me! Perhaps I am the wrong one to give advice! Anyway as they are already two years old I would...
    I think I said previously in a different string that I grew from seed my own crowns. Unfortunately they only lasted a few years the died off on me! Perhaps I am the wrong one to give...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Greecko

Asda Tree's

I must admit the dwarf fruit trees look tempting. But the memory is still clear of that nectarine tree which I had planted few years ago, (not from Asda though) positioned it in a quite open area...
    I must admit the dwarf fruit trees look tempting. But the memory is still clear of that nectarine tree which I had planted few years ago, (not from Asda though) positioned it in a quite open area in the garden (that was maybe the problem) and, then, it simply wilthered away.
    I must admit the dwarf fruit trees look tempting. But the memory is still clear of that nectarine tree which I had planted few years ago, (not from Asda though) positioned it in a quite open area in the garden (that was maybe the problem) and,...
    I must admit the dwarf fruit trees look tempting. But the memory is still clear of that nectarine tree which I had planted few years ago, (not from Asda though) positioned it in a quite open area...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Bilbo675

Asda Fruit Trees

ok no worries, thank you for replying
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. silu

As usual with gardening, some great some not so...why?

Good god @Zigs never even heard of Boron far less being deficient in it:snorky:. I am just about coping with the water deficiency this season and you are now giving me yet more things to worry about. Hmmm...
    Good god @Zigs never even heard of Boron far less being deficient in it:snorky:. I am just about coping with the water deficiency this season and you are now giving me yet more things to worry about. Hmmm thought gardening was meant to be a good form of relaxation...fat chance:)
    Good god @Zigs never even heard of Boron far less being deficient in it:snorky:. I am just about coping with the water deficiency this season and you are now giving me yet more things to worry about. Hmmm thought gardening was meant to be a good form of...
    Good god @Zigs never even heard of Boron far less being deficient in it:snorky:. I am just about coping with the water deficiency this season and you are now giving me yet more things to worry about. Hmmm...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. colne

as of last evening I am no longer organic, sigh

Mostly we eat them fresh in salads or in sandwiches etc. By the end of the summer we usually have too many, some are given away to friends and family, the rest we make into soup/sauce and...
    Mostly we eat them fresh in salads or in sandwiches etc. By the end of the summer we usually have too many, some are given away to friends and family, the rest we make into soup/sauce and freeze.I'm not growing Goliath, must be someone else?
    Mostly we eat them fresh in salads or in sandwiches etc. By the end of the summer we usually have too many, some are given away to friends and family, the rest we make into soup/sauce and freeze.I'm not growing Goliath, must be someone else?
    Mostly we eat them fresh in salads or in sandwiches etc. By the end of the summer we usually have too many, some are given away to friends and family, the rest we make into soup/sauce and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. brianthegas

artichoke or flower bulb

Brian..the best suggestion for definate id is to go to one of the more "exclusive/expensive" hotels/restaurants in your area...and to the back door. Present them to a Chef for identification,...
    Brian..the best suggestion for definate id is to go to one of the more "exclusive/expensive" hotels/restaurants in your area...and to the back door. Present them to a Chef for identification, most will be enthusiastic about your 'chokes and may even show you how to prepare them. If they do...
    Brian..the best suggestion for definate id is to go to one of the more "exclusive/expensive" hotels/restaurants in your area...and to the back door. Present them to a Chef for identification, most will be enthusiastic about your 'chokes and may...
    Brian..the best suggestion for definate id is to go to one of the more "exclusive/expensive" hotels/restaurants in your area...and to the back door. Present them to a Chef for identification,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. sterile

Arrrggghh!

:D At least you can eat Fat Hen leaves:heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. GYO newbie

Are worm towers worth making?

We are 'worm central' here. Every time I move pots there they are - wriggle wriggle.Looks like I will have to source worm tower materials from elsewhere. The skip was removed whilst I was out...
    We are 'worm central' here. Every time I move pots there they are - wriggle wriggle.Looks like I will have to source worm tower materials from elsewhere. The skip was removed whilst I was out running errands. Glad I asked about the pallets first thing.I think I need to read up more on it. I...
    We are 'worm central' here. Every time I move pots there they are - wriggle wriggle.Looks like I will have to source worm tower materials from elsewhere. The skip was removed whilst I was out running errands. Glad I asked about the pallets...
    We are 'worm central' here. Every time I move pots there they are - wriggle wriggle.Looks like I will have to source worm tower materials from elsewhere. The skip was removed whilst I was out...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. silu

Are wild Cherries edible?

They are throwing cherries at you round here this year, :biggrin: they are ripening faster than they can pick them. Never tried wild ones, usually the birds get them before they are ripe.
    They are throwing cherries at you round here this year, :biggrin: they are ripening faster than they can pick them. Never tried wild ones, usually the birds get them before they are ripe.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. supersprout

Are veggie roots different at different levels?

Hi supersprout,have a look through Digging,in edible gardening.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Snorky85

Are these....?

All done! Got over a litre's worth..:.way more than expected! Very sweet and tasty. Was expecting that though with how much sugar went in!
    All done! Got over a litre's worth..:.way more than expected! Very sweet and tasty. Was expecting that though with how much sugar went in!
    image.jpeg image.jpeg IMG_4896.JPG IMG_4897.JPG IMG_4901.JPG IMG_4902.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Paul Blackburn

Are these vegetables what they should be

Or, @Paul Blackburn , if your location was in your profile, there might be a kind GC member local to you with some spare plants.P.S. I've admitted in the past to accidentally planting cordon...
    Or, @Paul Blackburn , if your location was in your profile, there might be a kind GC member local to you with some spare plants.P.S. I've admitted in the past to accidentally planting cordon toms in window boxes when I got their labels mixed up. I've stuck with Tumblers ever since as they're...
    Or, @Paul Blackburn , if your location was in your profile, there might be a kind GC member local to you with some spare plants.P.S. I've admitted in the past to accidentally planting cordon toms in window boxes when I got their labels mixed...
    Or, @Paul Blackburn , if your location was in your profile, there might be a kind GC member local to you with some spare plants.P.S. I've admitted in the past to accidentally planting cordon...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice