1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. gardencat

Dwarf French Beans

They should be fine in a pot- being dwarf they should only need shorter sticks. [ Mine grow 2-3' but it varies with variety]. Hope you enjoy them!
    They should be fine in a pot- being dwarf they should only need shorter sticks. [ Mine grow 2-3' but it varies with variety]. Hope you enjoy them!
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. cornish66

Greenshaft peas

I would say probably not a great idea usually these are grown for other reasong like taste, good and dependable cropping as are many others. On the other hand try it and see.
    I would say probably not a great idea usually these are grown for other reasong like taste, good and dependable cropping as are many others. On the other hand try it and see.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. wildflower

melons!

See this reply to a similar query I posted. If the link doesn't work just search in Edible Gardening for...
    See this reply to a similar query I posted. If the link doesn't work just search in Edible Gardening for melonhttp://www.gardenerscorner.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000208#000000
    See this reply to a similar query I posted. If the link doesn't work just search in Edible Gardening for melonhttp://www.gardenerscorner.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000208#000000
    See this reply to a similar query I posted. If the link doesn't work just search in Edible Gardening for...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. avocadopip

rhubard

You lucky person I just go there twice a year. I would give it a try. Most plants have and enjoy a dormant period. But I would have thought there would be a strain that would would suit if not the...
    You lucky person I just go there twice a year. I would give it a try. Most plants have and enjoy a dormant period. But I would have thought there would be a strain that would would suit if not the British version.
    You lucky person I just go there twice a year. I would give it a try. Most plants have and enjoy a dormant period. But I would have thought there would be a strain that would would suit if not the British version.
    You lucky person I just go there twice a year. I would give it a try. Most plants have and enjoy a dormant period. But I would have thought there would be a strain that would would suit if not the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Paladin

Ugly Veg.

thanks for that, Pal! Spent a nice time browsing through the site again, and on to the HDRA one again - I really ought to do that more frequently! ;)
    thanks for that, Pal! Spent a nice time browsing through the site again, and on to the HDRA one again - I really ought to do that more frequently! ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Carra

Soil for Vegetables

i think you ll be fine with your mix, the carrots are difficult to grow if soil is freshly manured,maybe this is what you neighbour is concerned about. if the manure was fresh from the origin then...
    i think you ll be fine with your mix, the carrots are difficult to grow if soil is freshly manured,maybe this is what you neighbour is concerned about. if the manure was fresh from the origin then there may be a concerm, and i would turn it over to a depth of 8", but i would risk it if it was...
    i think you ll be fine with your mix, the carrots are difficult to grow if soil is freshly manured,maybe this is what you neighbour is concerned about. if the manure was fresh from the origin then there may be a concerm, and i would turn it over...
    i think you ll be fine with your mix, the carrots are difficult to grow if soil is freshly manured,maybe this is what you neighbour is concerned about. if the manure was fresh from the origin then...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. mistys

Cauliflower problem

One possibility is cabbage stem flea beetle. They normally attack between August and October.
    One possibility is cabbage stem flea beetle. They normally attack between August and October.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. dalbuie

Apple Cucumber

Apple and Lemon cucumbers are round, usually yellow skinned ridge type, they grow up to 3" in diameter. they are different in taste, for something unusual in a mixed salad. Grow as normal...
    Apple and Lemon cucumbers are round, usually yellow skinned ridge type, they grow up to 3" in diameter. they are different in taste, for something unusual in a mixed salad. Grow as normal cucumbers, follow directions on pack of seeds.
    Apple and Lemon cucumbers are round, usually yellow skinned ridge type, they grow up to 3" in diameter. they are different in taste, for something unusual in a mixed salad. Grow as normal cucumbers, follow directions on pack of seeds.
    Apple and Lemon cucumbers are round, usually yellow skinned ridge type, they grow up to 3" in diameter. they are different in taste, for something unusual in a mixed salad. Grow as normal...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. LacrimaTear

Help please!!! Strawberry dilemma

If they came from under cover in a GC it might be best to put the pots in a sheltered corner for a week or ten days before you plant them just in order to prevent any cold shock set back. If the...
    If they came from under cover in a GC it might be best to put the pots in a sheltered corner for a week or ten days before you plant them just in order to prevent any cold shock set back. If the plants were growing without any protection you should be quite safe popping them straight in the...
    If they came from under cover in a GC it might be best to put the pots in a sheltered corner for a week or ten days before you plant them just in order to prevent any cold shock set back. If the plants were growing without any protection you...
    If they came from under cover in a GC it might be best to put the pots in a sheltered corner for a week or ten days before you plant them just in order to prevent any cold shock set back. If the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. grinch

f1 cucumbers

Grow trailing types up supporting fences, nets, or canes, or allow them to climb up string. Nip out the growing point after 5 or 6 leaves have appeared and train the resulting stronger growths up...
    Grow trailing types up supporting fences, nets, or canes, or allow them to climb up string. Nip out the growing point after 5 or 6 leaves have appeared and train the resulting stronger growths up the support, tying as needed. when the shoots have reached the top of the support, nip them out 2...
    Grow trailing types up supporting fences, nets, or canes, or allow them to climb up string. Nip out the growing point after 5 or 6 leaves have appeared and train the resulting stronger growths up the support, tying as needed. when the shoots have...
    Grow trailing types up supporting fences, nets, or canes, or allow them to climb up string. Nip out the growing point after 5 or 6 leaves have appeared and train the resulting stronger growths up...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. barneyb

taking cuttings from chilean potato plant

Thanks for that , will let you know how it goes!
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. lesmar

2nd early potato (picasso)

try here! on T&M http://potatoes.thompson-morgan.com/uk/en/product/z12448/1
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. grinch

melons

Hi grinch, Haven't found anything on that type, but did come across this. Of course you may well know all this http://www.gardenadvice.co.uk/howto/greenhouse/melon/ anyway... :D :D ...
    Hi grinch, Haven't found anything on that type, but did come across this. Of course you may well know all this http://www.gardenadvice.co.uk/howto/greenhouse/melon/ anyway... :D :D [ 23. February 2006, 06:16 PM: Message edited by: Marley Farley ]
    Hi grinch, Haven't found anything on that type, but did come across this. Of course you may well know all this http://www.gardenadvice.co.uk/howto/greenhouse/melon/ anyway... :D :D [ 23. February 2006, 06:16 PM: Message edited by:...
    Hi grinch, Haven't found anything on that type, but did come across this. Of course you may well know all this http://www.gardenadvice.co.uk/howto/greenhouse/melon/ anyway... :D :D ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. rosietutu

Gooseberries

Hi, I'm glad you are pleased with your plants. Sometimes with mail order you don't always get quite what you'd hoped. Will be interested to know how they progress, and if they taste as good as...
    Hi, I'm glad you are pleased with your plants. Sometimes with mail order you don't always get quite what you'd hoped. Will be interested to know how they progress, and if they taste as good as expected! I now know a lot more about gooseberry varieties than I did before - one of the many...
    Hi, I'm glad you are pleased with your plants. Sometimes with mail order you don't always get quite what you'd hoped. Will be interested to know how they progress, and if they taste as good as expected! I now know a lot more about gooseberry...
    Hi, I'm glad you are pleased with your plants. Sometimes with mail order you don't always get quite what you'd hoped. Will be interested to know how they progress, and if they taste as good as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. ewal

Shallots

Yeah I always grow shallots now instead of onions. As you say they do keep well, but usually I cant grow enough to last much passed Feb, as we eat them all the time, instead of onions.
    Yeah I always grow shallots now instead of onions. As you say they do keep well, but usually I cant grow enough to last much passed Feb, as we eat them all the time, instead of onions.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. David G

Garlic planting seeds

Just split one of the garlic bulbs down into individual cloves and sow now
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Paladin

Tomato leaves

You need to remove the bigger, lower ones and any others masking the fruit, to allow the sun in so they ripen. Also, if left, leaves will take the nutrients and moisture you want the fruit to...
    You need to remove the bigger, lower ones and any others masking the fruit, to allow the sun in so they ripen. Also, if left, leaves will take the nutrients and moisture you want the fruit to have.So I always remove quite a few when the fruit have arrived. By that time it hardly matters as...
    You need to remove the bigger, lower ones and any others masking the fruit, to allow the sun in so they ripen. Also, if left, leaves will take the nutrients and moisture you want the fruit to have.So I always remove quite a few when the fruit...
    You need to remove the bigger, lower ones and any others masking the fruit, to allow the sun in so they ripen. Also, if left, leaves will take the nutrients and moisture you want the fruit to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Lissy2

Pollinating my cucumber and courgette plants

Hi Lissysee here http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/basics/techniques/growfruitandveg_growingmarrows.shtmlYou can tell the female flowers as these will have a baby fruit behind them and the males...
    Hi Lissysee here http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/basics/techniques/growfruitandveg_growingmarrows.shtmlYou can tell the female flowers as these will have a baby fruit behind them and the males are just on a stalkCourgettes need pollinating by insects to develop fruit or tickle inside a male...
    Hi Lissysee here http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/basics/techniques/growfruitandveg_growingmarrows.shtmlYou can tell the female flowers as these will have a baby fruit behind them and the males are just on a stalkCourgettes need pollinating...
    Hi Lissysee here http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/basics/techniques/growfruitandveg_growingmarrows.shtmlYou can tell the female flowers as these will have a baby fruit behind them and the males...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. leanne

garlic

Hi you usually plant the clove opposed to the bulb...simply dig it up and break it down into cloves Click here and read under the plant garlic part
    Hi you usually plant the clove opposed to the bulb...simply dig it up and break it down into cloves Click here and read under the plant garlic part
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. dekesta

strange vegetable

I dont think its a vegtable. Sounds a bit like Thorn Apple or some kind of annual Datura, if so its poisonous. Not easy to ID without a picture but be wary of it until your sure.
    I dont think its a vegtable. Sounds a bit like Thorn Apple or some kind of annual Datura, if so its poisonous. Not easy to ID without a picture but be wary of it until your sure.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice