Dismiss Notice
MONTHLY PHOTO COMPS ARE BACK!

Get your camera out, take the best shots of your life and submit them to the photo competition!

Please Click Here!

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. Freddy
    Like x 4

2013 Growing Season

Sorry to hear that John :ouch1:Still got my last Kelsae in the kitchen, saving it for Loli :)
    Sorry to hear that John :ouch1:Still got my last Kelsae in the kitchen, saving it for Loli :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Vince
    Like x 5

2013 - Biggest tomato Competition

I hope there's interest from others for another competition this (2014) year, but suggest that there's a requirement (as with other online comps) for a pic in progress + one on the scales.
    I hope there's interest from others for another competition this (2014) year, but suggest that there's a requirement (as with other online comps) for a pic in progress + one on the scales.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. andrewh

2012 GC growing challenge?

I think this is a lovely idea and in the light hearted spirit of the thing....if someone happens to grow a strawberry that looks like a love heart or a potato that's the image of Elvis..they can...
    I think this is a lovely idea and in the light hearted spirit of the thing....if someone happens to grow a strawberry that looks like a love heart or a potato that's the image of Elvis..they can put up a photo and name the class, then see if there are any more entries out there! I might just...
    I think this is a lovely idea and in the light hearted spirit of the thing....if someone happens to grow a strawberry that looks like a love heart or a potato that's the image of Elvis..they can put up a photo and name the class, then see if...
    I think this is a lovely idea and in the light hearted spirit of the thing....if someone happens to grow a strawberry that looks like a love heart or a potato that's the image of Elvis..they can...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Phil A
    Funny x 6

2 year old frozen Plums

aka 'The Egyptian'. Sorry I had to.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Rosiemongrel

2 tomato questions

"I might leave them but nip out the growing tip so that the plant retains a nicer shape"I do that - I figure I get a few extra leaves, and thus more "power", but I make sure the part I leave has...
    "I might leave them but nip out the growing tip so that the plant retains a nicer shape"I do that - I figure I get a few extra leaves, and thus more "power", but I make sure the part I leave has no flowering trusses. I'm never keen to snap out a huge branch in case the wound I make gets...
    "I might leave them but nip out the growing tip so that the plant retains a nicer shape"I do that - I figure I get a few extra leaves, and thus more "power", but I make sure the part I leave has no flowering trusses. I'm never keen to snap out...
    "I might leave them but nip out the growing tip so that the plant retains a nicer shape"I do that - I figure I get a few extra leaves, and thus more "power", but I make sure the part I leave has...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Triffid

2 headed Cauliflower...

looki here, my cauli sent off a side shoot and is growing another head - 2 for the price of 1! Already had this sucker off it:
    looki here, my cauli sent off a side shoot and is growing another head - 2 for the price of 1! Already had this sucker off it:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Engelbert

1st Year Strawberries - Pick buds/flowers or let them fruit? (Plus - what's up with these leaves?)

Seeing people mention strawberry beds on here, I thought that our own garden was missing a little something. So last year I set about potting up numerous cut runners and a handful of two-year old...
    Seeing people mention strawberry beds on here, I thought that our own garden was missing a little something. So last year I set about potting up numerous cut runners and a handful of two-year old divisions into plastic drinking cups.Now, potted on into their final positions.There are...
    Seeing people mention strawberry beds on here, I thought that our own garden was missing a little something. So last year I set about potting up numerous cut runners and a handful of two-year old divisions into plastic drinking cups.Now, potted...
    Seeing people mention strawberry beds on here, I thought that our own garden was missing a little something. So last year I set about potting up numerous cut runners and a handful of two-year old...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Kandy

1st Tomato's of 2008

Lol Kandy those slugs will eat almost anything. Regarding your tomato plant I'm also growing Gardener's Delight although it's no where near as good growth as my other outdoor toms like Tumbling...
    Lol Kandy those slugs will eat almost anything. Regarding your tomato plant I'm also growing Gardener's Delight although it's no where near as good growth as my other outdoor toms like Tumbling Tom Red I had thought seeing how both of them are outdoor plants they would grow as fast as one...
    Lol Kandy those slugs will eat almost anything. Regarding your tomato plant I'm also growing Gardener's Delight although it's no where near as good growth as my other outdoor toms like Tumbling Tom Red I had thought seeing how both of them are...
    Lol Kandy those slugs will eat almost anything. Regarding your tomato plant I'm also growing Gardener's Delight although it's no where near as good growth as my other outdoor toms like Tumbling...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. ncd72

1st Time Toms and Cucumbers

hi you've prob all gathere i'm new to all this - how do i pollinate the cucs then and which flowers do i pull off and when?thanks all
    hi you've prob all gathere i'm new to all this - how do i pollinate the cucs then and which flowers do i pull off and when?thanks all
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. oktarine

1st Time Fruit Grower

Hi Okatrine, I think you'll do very well, I am oly a newbie to veg growing but have grown fruit bushes for ages-and I hasten to add, they grow despite of what I do rather than because of what I...
    Hi Okatrine, I think you'll do very well, I am oly a newbie to veg growing but have grown fruit bushes for ages-and I hasten to add, they grow despite of what I do rather than because of what I do lol. Looking forward to see your progress.
    Hi Okatrine, I think you'll do very well, I am oly a newbie to veg growing but have grown fruit bushes for ages-and I hasten to add, they grow despite of what I do rather than because of what I do lol. Looking forward to see your progress.
    Hi Okatrine, I think you'll do very well, I am oly a newbie to veg growing but have grown fruit bushes for ages-and I hasten to add, they grow despite of what I do rather than because of what I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. minxycat2002

10ft runner beans!

I am a great believer in Scarlet Emperor.Little story. I was in a Garden Centre and two old ladies mistook me for an employee...they wanted something to grow up the side of a wooden shed...
    I am a great believer in Scarlet Emperor.Little story. I was in a Garden Centre and two old ladies mistook me for an employee...they wanted something to grow up the side of a wooden shed during summer that had nice flower's.I asked them if they liked runner beans and they said, "oh yes...
    I am a great believer in Scarlet Emperor.Little story. I was in a Garden Centre and two old ladies mistook me for an employee...they wanted something to grow up the side of a wooden shed during summer that had nice flower's.I asked them...
    I am a great believer in Scarlet Emperor.Little story. I was in a Garden Centre and two old ladies mistook me for an employee...they wanted something to grow up the side of a wooden shed...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. SteveG

10 deg OK for my Tomato plants

ive gone for the bold aproce . i strarted mine off outside today no protection . in pots not straight in the ground . at this time 11:55 ive got 15°c outside if they dont come up ile plant some...
    ive gone for the bold aproce . i strarted mine off outside today no protection . in pots not straight in the ground . at this time 11:55 ive got 15°c outside if they dont come up ile plant some more seeds in a week or so
    ive gone for the bold aproce . i strarted mine off outside today no protection . in pots not straight in the ground . at this time 11:55 ive got 15°c outside if they dont come up ile plant some more seeds in a week or so
    ive gone for the bold aproce . i strarted mine off outside today no protection . in pots not straight in the ground . at this time 11:55 ive got 15°c outside if they dont come up ile plant some...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. saint_david

1 Big Tomato

Thanks Alice, As the weather is due to be so nice I think I will remove the Chilli plant from the growhouse and place in a warm spot. Once the fruit has set it was my understanding that to get...
    Thanks Alice, As the weather is due to be so nice I think I will remove the Chilli plant from the growhouse and place in a warm spot. Once the fruit has set it was my understanding that to get more heat into them they should be kept warm and that "stressing" them at somepoint can help with this...
    Thanks Alice, As the weather is due to be so nice I think I will remove the Chilli plant from the growhouse and place in a warm spot. Once the fruit has set it was my understanding that to get more heat into them they should be kept warm and that...
    Thanks Alice, As the weather is due to be so nice I think I will remove the Chilli plant from the growhouse and place in a warm spot. Once the fruit has set it was my understanding that to get...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. capney
    Funny x 3

....Carrots....

Very impressive! I am excited to see how mine come out, this may be setting the bar slightly too high though!
    Very impressive! I am excited to see how mine come out, this may be setting the bar slightly too high though!
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Fidgetsmum

'Teeny Beanie' question

Pinching the tops out will make them grow new climbing tendrils from the base, in which case you could extend the cropping season, so could be a smart move. If you got two stories, you could...
    Pinching the tops out will make them grow new climbing tendrils from the base, in which case you could extend the cropping season, so could be a smart move. If you got two stories, you could pick out of the bedroom window.
    Pinching the tops out will make them grow new climbing tendrils from the base, in which case you could extend the cropping season, so could be a smart move. If you got two stories, you could pick out of the bedroom window.
    Pinching the tops out will make them grow new climbing tendrils from the base, in which case you could extend the cropping season, so could be a smart move. If you got two stories, you could...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Axie-Ali

'rescued' tomatoes

Brilliant thanks, Larkshall and Steve. I'm definately going to give it a go, even if, as Blueroses says, its just for the experiment! As for my original post, my 20p toms hare doing brilliantly...
    Brilliant thanks, Larkshall and Steve. I'm definately going to give it a go, even if, as Blueroses says, its just for the experiment! As for my original post, my 20p toms hare doing brilliantly and have grown up enough to be spending the days out and nights still in the greenhouse, I'll plant...
    Brilliant thanks, Larkshall and Steve. I'm definately going to give it a go, even if, as Blueroses says, its just for the experiment! As for my original post, my 20p toms hare doing brilliantly and have grown up enough to be spending the days out...
    Brilliant thanks, Larkshall and Steve. I'm definately going to give it a go, even if, as Blueroses says, its just for the experiment! As for my original post, my 20p toms hare doing brilliantly...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. sparkle

'purple dragon' carrots

I harvested my first baby carrots a few days ago and they were amazing - tasted just when my dad dug babe carrots for me when I was little. I have never grown any before, but they had absolutly no...
    I harvested my first baby carrots a few days ago and they were amazing - tasted just when my dad dug babe carrots for me when I was little. I have never grown any before, but they had absolutly no problems with them. I recommend this variety for ease of growing, taste, and of course the groovy...
    I harvested my first baby carrots a few days ago and they were amazing - tasted just when my dad dug babe carrots for me when I was little. I have never grown any before, but they had absolutly no problems with them. I recommend this variety for...
    I harvested my first baby carrots a few days ago and they were amazing - tasted just when my dad dug babe carrots for me when I was little. I have never grown any before, but they had absolutly no...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Scrungee

'Out of date' packs of rhubarb

Yes I do!
    Yes I do!
    Yes I do!
    Yes I do!
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. JWK

'Grafted' peppers

Will try and get a picture up, thanks :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Blueroses

'EMILIE' cucumber all male flowers

Fair enough Dai, would you remove most flowers to start with though?
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice