1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. Victoria

Lemon with a twist ....

Looks like it could have some genes from this strange variety, Vicky.:D
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. vince-o

Magic potatoes (Hope this in correct section)

iv had a look and i cant see any signs of mice and i dont think my 3 cats would take to kindly to them if there was
    iv had a look and i cant see any signs of mice and i dont think my 3 cats would take to kindly to them if there was
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. leonora

carrots

Yum. You cant beat that just picked taste!
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. GardenGuru

Easy Peasy Carrots

Just noticed the gremlins don't work within text!
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Ryan11112

Pear tree

Hello Ryan11112, The most likely explanation is that it needs another pear tree nearby to pollinate the flowers. Here's a link to the RHS site where all is explained!
    Hello Ryan11112, The most likely explanation is that it needs another pear tree nearby to pollinate the flowers. Here's a link to the RHS site where all is explained!
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Tingting44
    Like x 4

Not bad for my 1st grown....

little update as promised ^_^Come on! lol by Martin Young, on Flickr
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. MrJ

Hmmm... Blight on my spuds already?!

It has been really warm and humid here, plus a lot of rain over the last few days. Have trimmed off affected leaves - hopefully I'm either wrong or early enough to control it :-/
    It has been really warm and humid here, plus a lot of rain over the last few days. Have trimmed off affected leaves - hopefully I'm either wrong or early enough to control it :-/
    image.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. golfer

onion sets

sowed my french onion seeds 1week ago on kitchen windowsill.just coming through.in my greenhouse have put my shallots in modules to get rooted.also my red onion sets. will be growing all mine in...
    sowed my french onion seeds 1week ago on kitchen windowsill.just coming through.in my greenhouse have put my shallots in modules to get rooted.also my red onion sets. will be growing all mine in pots in garden,
    sowed my french onion seeds 1week ago on kitchen windowsill.just coming through.in my greenhouse have put my shallots in modules to get rooted.also my red onion sets. will be growing all mine in pots in garden,
    sowed my french onion seeds 1week ago on kitchen windowsill.just coming through.in my greenhouse have put my shallots in modules to get rooted.also my red onion sets. will be growing all mine in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. bi9johnny

onions and garlic

when the leaves flop over with them both. My onions are ready now, they are japanese so i planted them in Oct/Nov last year. So what I should do is dig them up carefully and leave them on top of...
    when the leaves flop over with them both. My onions are ready now, they are japanese so i planted them in Oct/Nov last year. So what I should do is dig them up carefully and leave them on top of the soil for the skins to form and dry for about two weeks then store them in net bags in the garage....
    when the leaves flop over with them both. My onions are ready now, they are japanese so i planted them in Oct/Nov last year. So what I should do is dig them up carefully and leave them on top of the soil for the skins to form and dry for about...
    when the leaves flop over with them both. My onions are ready now, they are japanese so i planted them in Oct/Nov last year. So what I should do is dig them up carefully and leave them on top of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Lolimac
    Like x 4

Tomato tasting.....

Feed me: feed me, now! (Will you cook it for me too, loli?) :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. cattwoman25

strange toms ?

I get the same with any toms especially when I water part of the stem unintentionally. John
    I get the same with any toms especially when I water part of the stem unintentionally. John
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. GYO newbie

Whats wrong? - or is this normal.

I'm not sure when you harvest the flowers for cooking, but you do need to leave the male flowers to pollinate the female ones. They usually open early in the day and are often wilted by the evening.
    I'm not sure when you harvest the flowers for cooking, but you do need to leave the male flowers to pollinate the female ones. They usually open early in the day and are often wilted by the evening.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. chris whitelaw

Cherry tree

A late frost might have got to them :sad: Plenty of cherries down here.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. froot

Potato disease?

Woohoo! Thank you! Will get chomping!
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. crofthouse

Courgette question

Just like women eh!!!
    Just like women eh!!!
    Just like women eh!!!
    Just like women eh!!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. josephine

Vegetable protection

Hi Josephine,If it is getting that bad then yes you might as well raise the netting.Some people on our allotments make up a framework from old pieces of wood like battons,and then they drape the...
    Hi Josephine,If it is getting that bad then yes you might as well raise the netting.Some people on our allotments make up a framework from old pieces of wood like battons,and then they drape the netting over the top and hold it down with bricks or stones.If you have a look at Plotty's thread...
    Hi Josephine,If it is getting that bad then yes you might as well raise the netting.Some people on our allotments make up a framework from old pieces of wood like battons,and then they drape the netting over the top and hold it down with bricks...
    Hi Josephine,If it is getting that bad then yes you might as well raise the netting.Some people on our allotments make up a framework from old pieces of wood like battons,and then they drape the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. GYO newbie

Trusses

Cheers :) no I am growing cherry toms. Ta
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. azadaman

carrots

Is it because the soil is too acidic ?
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Scotkat

Corn Cob

I'd say that not only do you still have time, but it's a bit early yet. I'll be sowing mine in cell inserts or loo rolls inside around mid-april to plant out mid to late may when the soil's got...
    I'd say that not only do you still have time, but it's a bit early yet. I'll be sowing mine in cell inserts or loo rolls inside around mid-april to plant out mid to late may when the soil's got warmer and there are highly unlikely to be frosts - you may even want to leave it a bit later in the...
    I'd say that not only do you still have time, but it's a bit early yet. I'll be sowing mine in cell inserts or loo rolls inside around mid-april to plant out mid to late may when the soil's got warmer and there are highly unlikely to be frosts -...
    I'd say that not only do you still have time, but it's a bit early yet. I'll be sowing mine in cell inserts or loo rolls inside around mid-april to plant out mid to late may when the soil's got...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Liz

More veg disappointments....

hi liz, this has been true for me too although we seem to be getting more sunshine than most of the country, but I have never known the ground so wet.
    hi liz, this has been true for me too although we seem to be getting more sunshine than most of the country, but I have never known the ground so wet.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice