1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. borrowers

Apples....Bees

If the bees hadn't pollinated them, they wouldn't have set at all..... there's time yet for them to swell! It's normal for them to lose some half formed apples at this time of year.. it's called...
    If the bees hadn't pollinated them, they wouldn't have set at all..... there's time yet for them to swell! It's normal for them to lose some half formed apples at this time of year.. it's called the June drop (yes... I know it's July).... It's just the tree's way of not producing too many for...
    If the bees hadn't pollinated them, they wouldn't have set at all..... there's time yet for them to swell! It's normal for them to lose some half formed apples at this time of year.. it's called the June drop (yes... I know it's July).... It's...
    If the bees hadn't pollinated them, they wouldn't have set at all..... there's time yet for them to swell! It's normal for them to lose some half formed apples at this time of year.. it's called...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Genie2312

apples......

we cleared the lawn of all the scanking ones a few days ago to have a BBQ......while we sat chatting (and watching our heads....BBQ is under the apple tree and man are these apples lethal when...
    we cleared the lawn of all the scanking ones a few days ago to have a BBQ......while we sat chatting (and watching our heads....BBQ is under the apple tree and man are these apples lethal when they drop....haha) i picked up the freshly dropped ones and made my 1st ever apple pie.....it was...
    we cleared the lawn of all the scanking ones a few days ago to have a BBQ......while we sat chatting (and watching our heads....BBQ is under the apple tree and man are these apples lethal when they drop....haha) i picked up the freshly dropped...
    we cleared the lawn of all the scanking ones a few days ago to have a BBQ......while we sat chatting (and watching our heads....BBQ is under the apple tree and man are these apples lethal when...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. rustyroots

Apples.

They keep for years if you cut them into rings and dry them :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. wiseowl
    Like x 6

Apples and Rhubarb

Does no one use proper cooking apples these days?
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Erin

Apples and Pears!

Hi Erin If your cookers (apples) have brown spots on them and maybe the leaf has blackish spots you may have the on onset of spore disease (Brown rot) suggest you monitor for worsening effects...
    Hi Erin If your cookers (apples) have brown spots on them and maybe the leaf has blackish spots you may have the on onset of spore disease (Brown rot) suggest you monitor for worsening effects (rotting fruit on tree) and if this is the case do not compost the fruit or leaves. I think a lot of...
    Hi Erin If your cookers (apples) have brown spots on them and maybe the leaf has blackish spots you may have the on onset of spore disease (Brown rot) suggest you monitor for worsening effects (rotting fruit on tree) and if this is the case do...
    Hi Erin If your cookers (apples) have brown spots on them and maybe the leaf has blackish spots you may have the on onset of spore disease (Brown rot) suggest you monitor for worsening effects...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Freddy

Apples and Pears

Hi, my first post since last year. I bought a apple tree last year. one of those slimline ones to go in a large container(forget the name). If calgary logs in, its just to say mines been in flower...
    Hi, my first post since last year. I bought a apple tree last year. one of those slimline ones to go in a large container(forget the name). If calgary logs in, its just to say mines been in flower a week now. although i must admit i thought id lost it. It came to life all at once :O)Nice to...
    Hi, my first post since last year. I bought a apple tree last year. one of those slimline ones to go in a large container(forget the name). If calgary logs in, its just to say mines been in flower a week now. although i must admit i thought id...
    Hi, my first post since last year. I bought a apple tree last year. one of those slimline ones to go in a large container(forget the name). If calgary logs in, its just to say mines been in flower...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. bfg

Apples

Best wishes! Apples are among the most variable species grown by man. Five pips from the same plant may easily result in five completely different trrees and fruits. But if you grow them from seed...
    Best wishes! Apples are among the most variable species grown by man. Five pips from the same plant may easily result in five completely different trrees and fruits. But if you grow them from seed just for the fun of it wihtout special expectation regarding fruit you will have fun.
    Best wishes! Apples are among the most variable species grown by man. Five pips from the same plant may easily result in five completely different trrees and fruits. But if you grow them from seed just for the fun of it wihtout special...
    Best wishes! Apples are among the most variable species grown by man. Five pips from the same plant may easily result in five completely different trrees and fruits. But if you grow them from seed...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. pickwick

apples

If, when you hold the apple and it comes away easily in your hand then it is ripe. Anything else and they are not ready.:thumbsup:
    If, when you hold the apple and it comes away easily in your hand then it is ripe. Anything else and they are not ready.:thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Phil A

Apples

Seems our media section doesn't show up in the whats new listings, so just thought i'd highlight the latest video in there. :dbgrtmb:
    Seems our media section doesn't show up in the whats new listings, so just thought i'd highlight the latest video in there. :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. rosietutu

Apples

Thanks for the info girls interesting site.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. golfer

Apples

I take the cardboard apple boxes from Sainsburys with the fruit trays in them (those sheets of cardboard/paper that have the indentations in them for each apple). They only get thrown out so...
    I take the cardboard apple boxes from Sainsburys with the fruit trays in them (those sheets of cardboard/paper that have the indentations in them for each apple). They only get thrown out so Sainsburys are happy for you to take them. So as not to be accused of discrimination :hehe: :- there...
    I take the cardboard apple boxes from Sainsburys with the fruit trays in them (those sheets of cardboard/paper that have the indentations in them for each apple). They only get thrown out so Sainsburys are happy for you to take them. So as not...
    I take the cardboard apple boxes from Sainsburys with the fruit trays in them (those sheets of cardboard/paper that have the indentations in them for each apple). They only get thrown out so...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Scotkat

Apple Trres growing at Glamis Castle

Inside on the wall of the walled garden . They are now growing ever so quick.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. menzo1234

Apple Trees leaves turning yellow and soft?

Piccy? Check the roots for vine weevil
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Bear1

Apple trees keep dieing

Hi I had a james greives apple tree that the shoots and leaves kept ing dieing and looked to be cankered bought a red devil apple tree thinking it would do better but its cankered all round on the...
    Hi I had a james greives apple tree that the shoots and leaves kept ing dieing and looked to be cankered bought a red devil apple tree thinking it would do better but its cankered all round on the main trunck it's only 2 years old , I have a 3 year old fiesta that seems to be ok and I got a...
    Hi I had a james greives apple tree that the shoots and leaves kept ing dieing and looked to be cankered bought a red devil apple tree thinking it would do better but its cankered all round on the main trunck it's only 2 years old , I have a 3...
    Hi I had a james greives apple tree that the shoots and leaves kept ing dieing and looked to be cankered bought a red devil apple tree thinking it would do better but its cankered all round on the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Autumn bliss

Apple trees

pity you cant train on to a fence or a wall
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Peter K

Apple Trees

June drop.....all those little ones will fall off.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Ellie673

Apple tree(?) ID

How did you guess? :thud: :lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Shaneoak

Apple tree ‘red devil’ - virus?

looking at what you received... is a pitiful sight ... and tickled pink !! oh my !which company did you receive it from ?
    looking at what you received... is a pitiful sight ... and tickled pink !! oh my !which company did you receive it from ?
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Steve R

Apple tree variety database?

I found a website yesterday which has reviews for many apple varieties, some good reading:
    I found a website yesterday which has reviews for many apple varieties, some good reading:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Bear1

Apple tree true from seed

We have a wild apple tree growing nearby which has lovely looking fruit but absolutely tasteless! I guess it grew from a core someone threw out.
    We have a wild apple tree growing nearby which has lovely looking fruit but absolutely tasteless! I guess it grew from a core someone threw out.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice