1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. kaptainzep

Tomato Pruning

hello,it could be grey mould.it takes different forms caused by cool, damp,poor ventilation.it causes ghost spotting,small white spots and rings on the fruit later in the season. Wilt is the...
    hello,it could be grey mould.it takes different forms caused by cool, damp,poor ventilation.it causes ghost spotting,small white spots and rings on the fruit later in the season. Wilt is the result of wilt fungi in the soil. oh and put a longer cane in zep,about 5ft for better support. :D
    hello,it could be grey mould.it takes different forms caused by cool, damp,poor ventilation.it causes ghost spotting,small white spots and rings on the fruit later in the season. Wilt is the result of wilt fungi in the soil. oh and put a longer...
    hello,it could be grey mould.it takes different forms caused by cool, damp,poor ventilation.it causes ghost spotting,small white spots and rings on the fruit later in the season. Wilt is the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Deserter

SOS: Aubergines and Tomatoes

I grew an Aubergine last year in my uheated gh it flowered many times, lovely colour they were too, but never fruited as some horrible fungus attacked everything in there. This year I am trying...
    I grew an Aubergine last year in my uheated gh it flowered many times, lovely colour they were too, but never fruited as some horrible fungus attacked everything in there. This year I am trying again in two seperate locations and I have a nasty chemical at the ready just in case. Aubergines...
    I grew an Aubergine last year in my uheated gh it flowered many times, lovely colour they were too, but never fruited as some horrible fungus attacked everything in there. This year I am trying again in two seperate locations and I have a nasty...
    I grew an Aubergine last year in my uheated gh it flowered many times, lovely colour they were too, but never fruited as some horrible fungus attacked everything in there. This year I am trying...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. cornish66

Greenshaft peas

I would say probably not a great idea usually these are grown for other reasong like taste, good and dependable cropping as are many others. On the other hand try it and see.
    I would say probably not a great idea usually these are grown for other reasong like taste, good and dependable cropping as are many others. On the other hand try it and see.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. chilli50

black turtle beans

thank you jjordie. this link was a great help. ill be able to grow them now. i tend to grow quite a lot of beans especially broad beans as there is nothing quite like beans from the pod. gorgeous!
    thank you jjordie. this link was a great help. ill be able to grow them now. i tend to grow quite a lot of beans especially broad beans as there is nothing quite like beans from the pod. gorgeous!
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. wildflower

melons!

See this reply to a similar query I posted. If the link doesn't work just search in Edible Gardening for...
    See this reply to a similar query I posted. If the link doesn't work just search in Edible Gardening for melonhttp://www.gardenerscorner.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000208#000000
    See this reply to a similar query I posted. If the link doesn't work just search in Edible Gardening for melonhttp://www.gardenerscorner.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000208#000000
    See this reply to a similar query I posted. If the link doesn't work just search in Edible Gardening for...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. fletcher

perpetual broccoli

Excellent website, miraflores. Thanks!What a wealth of knowledge and expertise is 'out there' on the net!!
    Excellent website, miraflores. Thanks!What a wealth of knowledge and expertise is 'out there' on the net!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. badsal72

rhubarb

Many thanks, I will try some soon when it is ready to cut.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. PaulJ

Black Currants

I pruned mine right back hard as advised to do on this site...I have the most healthy growth now a good foot high but...no flowers.is it next year I get my fruit? :(
    I pruned mine right back hard as advised to do on this site...I have the most healthy growth now a good foot high but...no flowers.is it next year I get my fruit? :(
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. avocadopip

rhubard

You lucky person I just go there twice a year. I would give it a try. Most plants have and enjoy a dormant period. But I would have thought there would be a strain that would would suit if not the...
    You lucky person I just go there twice a year. I would give it a try. Most plants have and enjoy a dormant period. But I would have thought there would be a strain that would would suit if not the British version.
    You lucky person I just go there twice a year. I would give it a try. Most plants have and enjoy a dormant period. But I would have thought there would be a strain that would would suit if not the British version.
    You lucky person I just go there twice a year. I would give it a try. Most plants have and enjoy a dormant period. But I would have thought there would be a strain that would would suit if not the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. ohbe

Garlic?

I had some sprout in early spring so I planted them out, they seem to be doing really well, hope I get something from them!
    I had some sprout in early spring so I planted them out, they seem to be doing really well, hope I get something from them!
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. badsal72

strawberries

Hi, As strawberries are only in the ground for three years, it is normal to put plenty of Farm Yard Manure into the ground before planting. Then in mid winter a feed of Sulphate of potash and...
    Hi, As strawberries are only in the ground for three years, it is normal to put plenty of Farm Yard Manure into the ground before planting. Then in mid winter a feed of Sulphate of potash and seedweed meal at three oz per square yard, so the plant has plenty of time to absorb the feed before...
    Hi, As strawberries are only in the ground for three years, it is normal to put plenty of Farm Yard Manure into the ground before planting. Then in mid winter a feed of Sulphate of potash and seedweed meal at three oz per square yard, so the...
    Hi, As strawberries are only in the ground for three years, it is normal to put plenty of Farm Yard Manure into the ground before planting. Then in mid winter a feed of Sulphate of potash and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. evelyn

planting potatoes

I emptied one of my 'compost bag' potato plants. I had enough potatoes for two people and still loads of nodules starting to bulge so I replanted the plant so those nodules could mature. Some of...
    I emptied one of my 'compost bag' potato plants. I had enough potatoes for two people and still loads of nodules starting to bulge so I replanted the plant so those nodules could mature. Some of the potatoes were half baking potato size. The rest were jersey new potato size. They were very...
    I emptied one of my 'compost bag' potato plants. I had enough potatoes for two people and still loads of nodules starting to bulge so I replanted the plant so those nodules could mature. Some of the potatoes were half baking potato size. The rest...
    I emptied one of my 'compost bag' potato plants. I had enough potatoes for two people and still loads of nodules starting to bulge so I replanted the plant so those nodules could mature. Some of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. LizM

Runner Beans

its actually called 'Beanstick Bothy', but your suggestions are great.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Webmaster

Purslane

purslane is a sour diuretic that removes toxins..you can also use it externally for bee stings and boils..and it has ben known to clear eczema..so its quite usefull..!
    purslane is a sour diuretic that removes toxins..you can also use it externally for bee stings and boils..and it has ben known to clear eczema..so its quite usefull..!
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Rich

Skunk cabbage

Oops, wrong thread.
    Oops, wrong thread.
    Oops, wrong thread.
    Oops, wrong thread.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. keithandjane1989

pumpkins on the ground or on canes

Thanks for all the info. I thought it might be better to use something to lift it off the ground a little if only to help stop slugs getting at them.
    Thanks for all the info. I thought it might be better to use something to lift it off the ground a little if only to help stop slugs getting at them.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. GREENTOES

Protecting veg from wheather and pests

Thanks Lady Gardener and Dave W. I shall try gorse clippings as we have an abundance of that here. I think the wilting is down to access to light- not enough at the begining, (Germinate somewhere...
    Thanks Lady Gardener and Dave W. I shall try gorse clippings as we have an abundance of that here. I think the wilting is down to access to light- not enough at the begining, (Germinate somewhere warm and dark i had read somewhere),then in a panic, placed them all in a room that recieves the...
    Thanks Lady Gardener and Dave W. I shall try gorse clippings as we have an abundance of that here. I think the wilting is down to access to light- not enough at the begining, (Germinate somewhere warm and dark i had read somewhere),then in a...
    Thanks Lady Gardener and Dave W. I shall try gorse clippings as we have an abundance of that here. I think the wilting is down to access to light- not enough at the begining, (Germinate somewhere...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Ystalyfera

Ideal onion conditions

I purchased some loose onion bulbs from the local gardening club and they advised me to keep the soil as dry as possible.Is this right? If they are covered underneath a polythene tunnel how...
    I purchased some loose onion bulbs from the local gardening club and they advised me to keep the soil as dry as possible.Is this right? If they are covered underneath a polythene tunnel how often should I be watering them....at the moment they are just under the soil and the shoots are coming...
    I purchased some loose onion bulbs from the local gardening club and they advised me to keep the soil as dry as possible.Is this right? If they are covered underneath a polythene tunnel how often should I be watering them....at the moment they...
    I purchased some loose onion bulbs from the local gardening club and they advised me to keep the soil as dry as possible.Is this right? If they are covered underneath a polythene tunnel how...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. MaryJoy

Chilli Trial

NO!! But, I'm sure there is a "contact us" bit on the gardeners world page - and if not there ought to be! ;)
    NO!! But, I'm sure there is a "contact us" bit on the gardeners world page - and if not there ought to be! ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. wildflower

Rhubarb

Just picked our first of the season forced rhubarb and had it cooked with strawberries and ate it with a dollop of ice cream.Our first new crop from the garden this year and it tasted...
    Just picked our first of the season forced rhubarb and had it cooked with strawberries and ate it with a dollop of ice cream.Our first new crop from the garden this year and it tasted wonderful.Asparagus,lettuce and radish next week.
    Just picked our first of the season forced rhubarb and had it cooked with strawberries and ate it with a dollop of ice cream.Our first new crop from the garden this year and it tasted wonderful.Asparagus,lettuce and radish next week.
    Just picked our first of the season forced rhubarb and had it cooked with strawberries and ate it with a dollop of ice cream.Our first new crop from the garden this year and it tasted...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice