1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. Marley Farley
    Like x 6

Passata Maker

Well this has to be my gadget of 2017..!! :SUNsmile:For every 1lb of Cherry plum tomatoes I get a very ample double serving of passata just right for the two of us..? A little fresh pasta and a meal in...
    Well this has to be my gadget of 2017..!! :SUNsmile:For every 1lb of Cherry plum tomatoes I get a very ample double serving of passata just right for the two of us..? A little fresh pasta and a meal in minutes if you have fresh basil onions and pasta.!It cost all of £15.. Saves all the blanching...
    Well this has to be my gadget of 2017..!! :SUNsmile:For every 1lb of Cherry plum tomatoes I get a very ample double serving of passata just right for the two of us..? A little fresh pasta and a meal in minutes if you have fresh basil onions and...
    Well this has to be my gadget of 2017..!! :SUNsmile:For every 1lb of Cherry plum tomatoes I get a very ample double serving of passata just right for the two of us..? A little fresh pasta and a meal in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. GYO newbie

Dwarf apple/pear trees

April 2015 i became the proud owner of 4 twigs. I potted these twigs - 3 apple and 1 pear. Later that year they produced a couple of branches and a few leaves. The following year (last year) i got...
    April 2015 i became the proud owner of 4 twigs. I potted these twigs - 3 apple and 1 pear. Later that year they produced a couple of branches and a few leaves. The following year (last year) i got a bit of fruit off two apple. The other apple did produce a few very small bits of fruit, but tiny...
    April 2015 i became the proud owner of 4 twigs. I potted these twigs - 3 apple and 1 pear. Later that year they produced a couple of branches and a few leaves. The following year (last year) i got a bit of fruit off two apple. The other apple did...
    April 2015 i became the proud owner of 4 twigs. I potted these twigs - 3 apple and 1 pear. Later that year they produced a couple of branches and a few leaves. The following year (last year) i got...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. silu

Re freezing Beetroot

I am up to my neck in Beetroot! I grew Cylindra this year and extremely pleased with the results. I think this variety is sweeter than the more commonly available Boltardy variety that I have...
    I am up to my neck in Beetroot! I grew Cylindra this year and extremely pleased with the results. I think this variety is sweeter than the more commonly available Boltardy variety that I have grown in the past. I have cooked and frozen Beetroot in the past but then used it as a side vegetable...
    I am up to my neck in Beetroot! I grew Cylindra this year and extremely pleased with the results. I think this variety is sweeter than the more commonly available Boltardy variety that I have grown in the past. I have cooked and frozen Beetroot...
    I am up to my neck in Beetroot! I grew Cylindra this year and extremely pleased with the results. I think this variety is sweeter than the more commonly available Boltardy variety that I have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Engelbert

Strawberry plants - leaves curling inward with brown spots...

Hi allMy first year strawberry plants got off to a bad start start this year after they were attacked by a summer hail storm of epic proportions.They recovered well though and have been...
    Hi allMy first year strawberry plants got off to a bad start start this year after they were attacked by a summer hail storm of epic proportions.They recovered well though and have been doing fine. The last couple of days though I noticed that some of the leaves are curling inward and...
    Hi allMy first year strawberry plants got off to a bad start start this year after they were attacked by a summer hail storm of epic proportions.They recovered well though and have been doing fine. The last couple of days though I noticed...
    Hi allMy first year strawberry plants got off to a bad start start this year after they were attacked by a summer hail storm of epic proportions.They recovered well though and have been...
    01 All Plants.JPG 02.JPG 03.JPG 04.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. JackJJW

Pea codling moth

Hiya I've harvested a lot of my peas and in about half of the pods the occasional pea has a tiny larvae of what I am guessing is pea codling moth. I've been going through the peas inspecting...
    Hiya I've harvested a lot of my peas and in about half of the pods the occasional pea has a tiny larvae of what I am guessing is pea codling moth. I've been going through the peas inspecting every one - which is obviously a real pain! But I wondered, should I actually being binning the whole...
    Hiya I've harvested a lot of my peas and in about half of the pods the occasional pea has a tiny larvae of what I am guessing is pea codling moth. I've been going through the peas inspecting every one - which is obviously a real pain! But I...
    Hiya I've harvested a lot of my peas and in about half of the pods the occasional pea has a tiny larvae of what I am guessing is pea codling moth. I've been going through the peas inspecting...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. joolz68

Plum tree invasion

Hi,any ideas on what has attacked my Victoria plum tree,it's also riddled with greenfly but I have no idea what this black stuff is it did flower but there are no signs of fruit, thanks xSent...
    Hi,any ideas on what has attacked my Victoria plum tree,it's also riddled with greenfly but I have no idea what this black stuff is it did flower but there are no signs of fruit, thanks xSent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Hi,any ideas on what has attacked my Victoria plum tree,it's also riddled with greenfly but I have no idea what this black stuff is it did flower but there are no signs of fruit, thanks xSent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Hi,any ideas on what has attacked my Victoria plum tree,it's also riddled with greenfly but I have no idea what this black stuff is it did flower but there are no signs of fruit, thanks xSent...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Wardy

Are prunus incisa kojo-no-mai (fuji cherry) edible?

Hi I bought this and was wondering if the fruits are edible. Many thanks Joe
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Gay Gardener

Green Garlic - Ajos Tiernos

Anyone with experience of growing this? Was recently in Spain where it is much enjoyed and found it marvellous, called Ajos Tiernos there. I bought it by mistake thinking they were spring...
    Anyone with experience of growing this? Was recently in Spain where it is much enjoyed and found it marvellous, called Ajos Tiernos there. I bought it by mistake thinking they were spring onions. What a find! Seems easy enough I'd imagine. Planting time appears to be feb/march with harvest...
    Anyone with experience of growing this? Was recently in Spain where it is much enjoyed and found it marvellous, called Ajos Tiernos there. I bought it by mistake thinking they were spring onions. What a find! Seems easy enough I'd imagine....
    Anyone with experience of growing this? Was recently in Spain where it is much enjoyed and found it marvellous, called Ajos Tiernos there. I bought it by mistake thinking they were spring...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. miraflores
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. cathymoon

Soil for regrowing leeks

I bought a couple of leeks. I save the end part to regrow. Right now, I have them in water, but want to change them to soil (in containers).The only soil I have available right now is specific...
    I bought a couple of leeks. I save the end part to regrow. Right now, I have them in water, but want to change them to soil (in containers).The only soil I have available right now is specific for seedlings and herbs. I also have some compost made from the grass of the garden, but I'm not sure...
    I bought a couple of leeks. I save the end part to regrow. Right now, I have them in water, but want to change them to soil (in containers).The only soil I have available right now is specific for seedlings and herbs. I also have some compost...
    I bought a couple of leeks. I save the end part to regrow. Right now, I have them in water, but want to change them to soil (in containers).The only soil I have available right now is specific...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Phil A

Chilli's Pepper's Hot stuff

Old thread Here
    Old thread Here
    Old thread Here
    Old thread Here
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. MRishi

Sarpo Axona - any one up to grow this year!

Am thinking of these, wonder anyone else to join with me and share the tips.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Annemieke

growing dill and caraway

Has anyone grown these successfully? The dill leaves were nice while they lasted, I added them to my sandwiches. But the seeds don't taste very good. I harvested most of them when they were ready...
    Has anyone grown these successfully? The dill leaves were nice while they lasted, I added them to my sandwiches. But the seeds don't taste very good. I harvested most of them when they were ready (black) and dry. Maybe, in the case of caraway, the tiny threads attached to them don't help, though...
    Has anyone grown these successfully? The dill leaves were nice while they lasted, I added them to my sandwiches. But the seeds don't taste very good. I harvested most of them when they were ready (black) and dry. Maybe, in the case of caraway,...
    Has anyone grown these successfully? The dill leaves were nice while they lasted, I added them to my sandwiches. But the seeds don't taste very good. I harvested most of them when they were ready...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. strongylodon

Apple damage

Has anyone any useful tips on how to avoid having our Cox's apples ruined by caterpillars, I presume Coddling Moth, only 4 out of about 30 were edible and this was the first time we had any...
    Has anyone any useful tips on how to avoid having our Cox's apples ruined by caterpillars, I presume Coddling Moth, only 4 out of about 30 were edible and this was the first time we had any apples!!! I know there are pheremone traps but I understand that they are not very effective.
    Has anyone any useful tips on how to avoid having our Cox's apples ruined by caterpillars, I presume Coddling Moth, only 4 out of about 30 were edible and this was the first time we had any apples!!! I know there are pheremone traps but I...
    Has anyone any useful tips on how to avoid having our Cox's apples ruined by caterpillars, I presume Coddling Moth, only 4 out of about 30 were edible and this was the first time we had any...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Craig1987

2016 seed catalogue

Picked up my seed catalogue from the allotment shop this morning. I can't believe how cheap I can buy the seeds for compared to shop bought. Anyone else got one?
    Picked up my seed catalogue from the allotment shop this morning. I can't believe how cheap I can buy the seeds for compared to shop bought. Anyone else got one?
    20150926_211101.jpg 20150926_211141.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. trogre

Mid?? Late??

Hi All. I did post a couple of weeks ago about preparing my very small strawberry patch. I have decided to get 6 of Alice or Cambridge + 6 of Florence. Apart from having trouble just getting 6 of...
    Hi All. I did post a couple of weeks ago about preparing my very small strawberry patch. I have decided to get 6 of Alice or Cambridge + 6 of Florence. Apart from having trouble just getting 6 of each I was looking at Alice and 8 different strawberry plant suppliers have different fruiting...
    Hi All. I did post a couple of weeks ago about preparing my very small strawberry patch. I have decided to get 6 of Alice or Cambridge + 6 of Florence. Apart from having trouble just getting 6 of each I was looking at Alice and 8 different...
    Hi All. I did post a couple of weeks ago about preparing my very small strawberry patch. I have decided to get 6 of Alice or Cambridge + 6 of Florence. Apart from having trouble just getting 6 of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. auldreekie

Radishes

1st time growing radishes, is it normal for leaves and stems to flop all over the place?sometimes seems like leaves are too heavy for the stem to support. Radishes are growing well tho' and...
    1st time growing radishes, is it normal for leaves and stems to flop all over the place?sometimes seems like leaves are too heavy for the stem to support. Radishes are growing well tho' and leaves and stem are a nice shade of green looking healthy enough.
    1st time growing radishes, is it normal for leaves and stems to flop all over the place?sometimes seems like leaves are too heavy for the stem to support. Radishes are growing well tho' and leaves and stem are a nice shade of green looking...
    1st time growing radishes, is it normal for leaves and stems to flop all over the place?sometimes seems like leaves are too heavy for the stem to support. Radishes are growing well tho' and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Cannyfullpots

Turkish cucumber...

I'm looking for turkish cucumber seeds if anyone can help?A fella gave me a TC plug plant & the cuces have been beautiful. I want to grow lots next year!Ive only found one place online...
    I'm looking for turkish cucumber seeds if anyone can help?A fella gave me a TC plug plant & the cuces have been beautiful. I want to grow lots next year!Ive only found one place online (abroad) that sells them & theyre out of stock.Any ideas?
    I'm looking for turkish cucumber seeds if anyone can help?A fella gave me a TC plug plant & the cuces have been beautiful. I want to grow lots next year!Ive only found one place online (abroad) that sells them & theyre out of stock.Any ideas?
    I'm looking for turkish cucumber seeds if anyone can help?A fella gave me a TC plug plant & the cuces have been beautiful. I want to grow lots next year!Ive only found one place online...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. silu

Getting a decent 2nd Sweet Corn cob?

Living in Scotland it's a bit iffy growing Sweet Corn outside unless we get a good summer (not 1 this year!) The Sweet Corn I am growing in the greenhouse borders (Swift) has been gorgeous, so...
    Living in Scotland it's a bit iffy growing Sweet Corn outside unless we get a good summer (not 1 this year!) The Sweet Corn I am growing in the greenhouse borders (Swift) has been gorgeous, so sweet and tender very few have even made the kitchen having been scoffed straight off the plant. The...
    Living in Scotland it's a bit iffy growing Sweet Corn outside unless we get a good summer (not 1 this year!) The Sweet Corn I am growing in the greenhouse borders (Swift) has been gorgeous, so sweet and tender very few have even made the kitchen...
    Living in Scotland it's a bit iffy growing Sweet Corn outside unless we get a good summer (not 1 this year!) The Sweet Corn I am growing in the greenhouse borders (Swift) has been gorgeous, so...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. potlings

Pepper Sweet Sunshine

Has anyone grown Sweet Pepper F1 Sweet Sunshine? I am growing 10 different varieties of sweet peppers and chillies. 9 of the varieties look great, all have plenty of fruit and flowers. I have 4...
    Has anyone grown Sweet Pepper F1 Sweet Sunshine? I am growing 10 different varieties of sweet peppers and chillies. 9 of the varieties look great, all have plenty of fruit and flowers. I have 4 pots of Sweet Sunshine which to be honest look pretty pathetic. They are about 3 inches high and seem...
    Has anyone grown Sweet Pepper F1 Sweet Sunshine? I am growing 10 different varieties of sweet peppers and chillies. 9 of the varieties look great, all have plenty of fruit and flowers. I have 4 pots of Sweet Sunshine which to be honest look...
    Has anyone grown Sweet Pepper F1 Sweet Sunshine? I am growing 10 different varieties of sweet peppers and chillies. 9 of the varieties look great, all have plenty of fruit and flowers. I have 4...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice