1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. Apple Blossom
    Like x 7

Apple Blossoms learning curves!

Thanks for that info Beckie good to know:dbgrtmb:As with the ants if you see a trail and put a line of peppermint essential oils on the floor its quite funny watching them back track, they absolutely ...
    Thanks for that info Beckie good to know:dbgrtmb:As with the ants if you see a trail and put a line of peppermint essential oils on the floor its quite funny watching them back track, they absolutely hate it.Another one you may be interested in is for Alphids, they hate Lavender and eucalyptus and...
    Thanks for that info Beckie good to know:dbgrtmb:As with the ants if you see a trail and put a line of peppermint essential oils on the floor its quite funny watching them back track, they absolutely hate it.Another one you may be interested in is...
    Thanks for that info Beckie good to know:dbgrtmb:As with the ants if you see a trail and put a line of peppermint essential oils on the floor its quite funny watching them back track, they absolutely ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. joolz68

Apple and plum tree problem

Agree it looks like apple scab. (Of course worth checking for any creepy crawlies in the apples too just in case there are multiple issues going on).For control, a spray early in season and...
    Agree it looks like apple scab. (Of course worth checking for any creepy crawlies in the apples too just in case there are multiple issues going on).For control, a spray early in season and clearing fallen leaves well in autumn is recommended.I have read that the scab affected fruit are fine...
    Agree it looks like apple scab. (Of course worth checking for any creepy crawlies in the apples too just in case there are multiple issues going on).For control, a spray early in season and clearing fallen leaves well in autumn is...
    Agree it looks like apple scab. (Of course worth checking for any creepy crawlies in the apples too just in case there are multiple issues going on).For control, a spray early in season and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Stephen in Wroughton

Apple - Charles Ross - good idea?

Charles Ross should be a good variety to use with Worcester Pearmain, they are in the same pollination group. A good top fruit supplier is Deacon's of the Isle of...
    Charles Ross should be a good variety to use with Worcester Pearmain, they are in the same pollination group. A good top fruit supplier is Deacon's of the Isle of wight. http://www.deaconsnurseryfruits.co.uk/home/ Personally I would go for a younger tree. They are soon cropping and a lot of...
    Charles Ross should be a good variety to use with Worcester Pearmain, they are in the same pollination group. A good top fruit supplier is Deacon's of the Isle of wight. http://www.deaconsnurseryfruits.co.uk/home/ Personally I would go for a...
    Charles Ross should be a good variety to use with Worcester Pearmain, they are in the same pollination group. A good top fruit supplier is Deacon's of the Isle of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Snowbaby

Apparently "no question is a stupid question"....

Thank you :) That's what I thought.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. joolz68

Aparagus crowns

Sis dug all of mine up and planted potatoes there :doh:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. alex-adam

Apache Potatoes

Hi K - thanks for your response - indeed these were 'eaters', but I grow only a few in pots, so if any problems occur the soil is not contaminated. I've done this for years with potatoes that take...
    Hi K - thanks for your response - indeed these were 'eaters', but I grow only a few in pots, so if any problems occur the soil is not contaminated. I've done this for years with potatoes that take my fancy, just for fun you understand. If I detect any evident problems with my 'experiments' they...
    Hi K - thanks for your response - indeed these were 'eaters', but I grow only a few in pots, so if any problems occur the soil is not contaminated. I've done this for years with potatoes that take my fancy, just for fun you understand. If I...
    Hi K - thanks for your response - indeed these were 'eaters', but I grow only a few in pots, so if any problems occur the soil is not contaminated. I've done this for years with potatoes that take...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. turniphead

Apache Chillies

Alice is right, apache's dont get too big, i didnt grow any this year, but had lots of smaller chili's last year, very tatsy.
    Alice is right, apache's dont get too big, i didnt grow any this year, but had lots of smaller chili's last year, very tatsy.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Mariea

Anything that can be planted now?

Can you over winter onions @WeeTam? Do you mean sets or seed grown? Under cover ie greenhouse/poly tunnel or outside? I know you live in Scotland too so interested in you experience having a...
    Can you over winter onions @WeeTam? Do you mean sets or seed grown? Under cover ie greenhouse/poly tunnel or outside? I know you live in Scotland too so interested in you experience having a similar climate. I certainly grow garlic outside planting cloves any time soon but have never thought of...
    Can you over winter onions @WeeTam? Do you mean sets or seed grown? Under cover ie greenhouse/poly tunnel or outside? I know you live in Scotland too so interested in you experience having a similar climate. I certainly grow garlic outside...
    Can you over winter onions @WeeTam? Do you mean sets or seed grown? Under cover ie greenhouse/poly tunnel or outside? I know you live in Scotland too so interested in you experience having a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Matthew 1990

Anyone Tried To Grow Any Of These Vegetables And Salads

Hi MatthewOut of your list, I have grown beetroot, runner beans and radishes (not sure of the varieties either). They have all done well and, as a first time veggie grower, I'm very pleased.
    Hi MatthewOut of your list, I have grown beetroot, runner beans and radishes (not sure of the varieties either). They have all done well and, as a first time veggie grower, I'm very pleased.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Matthew 1990

Anyone Tried To Grow Any Of These Vegetables And Salads

Hiya,I have grown Coriander as i love it in salads and other cooking requirements. Let me know how you get on with the vedge and i may be brave enough to try next year. My 16 year old loves...
    Hiya,I have grown Coriander as i love it in salads and other cooking requirements. Let me know how you get on with the vedge and i may be brave enough to try next year. My 16 year old loves cucumbers, he will quite literaly sit with a whole one and munch it right up during a film (the boy is...
    Hiya,I have grown Coriander as i love it in salads and other cooking requirements. Let me know how you get on with the vedge and i may be brave enough to try next year. My 16 year old loves cucumbers, he will quite literaly sit with a whole...
    Hiya,I have grown Coriander as i love it in salads and other cooking requirements. Let me know how you get on with the vedge and i may be brave enough to try next year. My 16 year old loves...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Axie-Ali

Anyone tried growing ginger?

I grow ginger Axie-Ali. I think it's now in it's third year. I grow it in a big pot in the conservatory. It likes to be warm and humid so I keep it standing on damp pebbles. And it likes to be...
    I grow ginger Axie-Ali. I think it's now in it's third year. I grow it in a big pot in the conservatory. It likes to be warm and humid so I keep it standing on damp pebbles. And it likes to be shaded from direct sun.The first year it only pit up about 3 spikes of leaves. When I harvested it in...
    I grow ginger Axie-Ali. I think it's now in it's third year. I grow it in a big pot in the conservatory. It likes to be warm and humid so I keep it standing on damp pebbles. And it likes to be shaded from direct sun.The first year it only pit...
    I grow ginger Axie-Ali. I think it's now in it's third year. I grow it in a big pot in the conservatory. It likes to be warm and humid so I keep it standing on damp pebbles. And it likes to be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. NewGardener

Anyone Struggling With Peppers/Chillies?

I like Marmande, grew them last year, and growing them this year. Out of 9 peppers and chillies, just two have seedlings :(
    I like Marmande, grew them last year, and growing them this year. Out of 9 peppers and chillies, just two have seedlings :(
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Mrs Bobs

Anyone planting their potatoes out today?

Dave, a tip for growing spuds in containers. When you plant the potatoes fill the pot up straight away, the plants will find their way to the surface and, more importantly, they are protected from...
    Dave, a tip for growing spuds in containers. When you plant the potatoes fill the pot up straight away, the plants will find their way to the surface and, more importantly, they are protected from spring frosts.
    Dave, a tip for growing spuds in containers. When you plant the potatoes fill the pot up straight away, the plants will find their way to the surface and, more importantly, they are protected from spring frosts.
    Dave, a tip for growing spuds in containers. When you plant the potatoes fill the pot up straight away, the plants will find their way to the surface and, more importantly, they are protected from...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. infowarrior

Anyone know what's up with these???

Always do a bean test before using manure, especially if you do not know it's origin. Testing For Aminopyralid in Manure Steve...:)
    Always do a bean test before using manure, especially if you do not know it's origin. Testing For Aminopyralid in Manure Steve...:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Steve R

Anyone interested in a Pumpkin growing challenge?

[size=large]I'm looking forward to it Steve, but I hope mine are not just as successful as that.:rolleyespink:
    [size=large]I'm looking forward to it Steve, but I hope mine are not just as successful as that.:rolleyespink:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Loofah

Anyone have good gooseberry factoids?

Am putting together an article on the gooseberry so thought a few facts and opinions from gardeners and recipes would be in order. Any nuggets of information for me?
    Am putting together an article on the gooseberry so thought a few facts and opinions from gardeners and recipes would be in order. Any nuggets of information for me?
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. cattwoman25

anyone harvested any spuds yet ?

I ate mine ages ago. I wish I had waited longer now but had some lovely spuds. I roasted them and had them with sunday lunches. next time i'm gonna grow lots more bucketfuls
    I ate mine ages ago. I wish I had waited longer now but had some lovely spuds. I roasted them and had them with sunday lunches. next time i'm gonna grow lots more bucketfuls
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Adendoll

Anyone had any success with an almond tree in north west

Dont quite understand that statement DR.:scratch: Grafted trees are more likely to come up with the goods and I'm guessing if you bought an almond tree at any nursery it will probably be grafted.
    Dont quite understand that statement DR.:scratch: Grafted trees are more likely to come up with the goods and I'm guessing if you bought an almond tree at any nursery it will probably be grafted.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Fat Controller

Anyone grown stevia?

I've been using Stevia for about 20 years, before the ban, during the ban (I helped get it removed) and since the ban. The best make that I've found is 'Stevia Extract' made by Vitacost and...
    I've been using Stevia for about 20 years, before the ban, during the ban (I helped get it removed) and since the ban. The best make that I've found is 'Stevia Extract' made by Vitacost and comes in liquid form in 4oz dropper bottles. The unadulterated version is not sold over here and and I...
    I've been using Stevia for about 20 years, before the ban, during the ban (I helped get it removed) and since the ban. The best make that I've found is 'Stevia Extract' made by Vitacost and comes in liquid form in 4oz dropper bottles. The...
    I've been using Stevia for about 20 years, before the ban, during the ban (I helped get it removed) and since the ban. The best make that I've found is 'Stevia Extract' made by Vitacost and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Dips

Anyone grown sharon fruit trees?

Without fail, the Brits who come over here in December are amazed at the 'oranges' hanging on trees in peoples' gardens. :biggrin: They are pretty spectacular when there's not much other colour about. I...
    Without fail, the Brits who come over here in December are amazed at the 'oranges' hanging on trees in peoples' gardens. :biggrin: They are pretty spectacular when there's not much other colour about. I planted a variety that is supposed to have non-astringent fruit. It had it's first flowers this spring...
    Without fail, the Brits who come over here in December are amazed at the 'oranges' hanging on trees in peoples' gardens. :biggrin: They are pretty spectacular when there's not much other colour about. I planted a variety that is supposed to have...
    Without fail, the Brits who come over here in December are amazed at the 'oranges' hanging on trees in peoples' gardens. :biggrin: They are pretty spectacular when there's not much other colour about. I...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice