1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. Claire75

sprouts in raised beds?

Thanks Bumble bee - do you grow them yourself btw? and if so could you tell me where and how please (e.g. do you bother trying to plant them very firmly)? It is a bit perplexing because I've read...
    Thanks Bumble bee - do you grow them yourself btw? and if so could you tell me where and how please (e.g. do you bother trying to plant them very firmly)? It is a bit perplexing because I've read that they like to be planted firmly in a few books that seem quite sensible too.
    Thanks Bumble bee - do you grow them yourself btw? and if so could you tell me where and how please (e.g. do you bother trying to plant them very firmly)? It is a bit perplexing because I've read that they like to be planted firmly in a few...
    Thanks Bumble bee - do you grow them yourself btw? and if so could you tell me where and how please (e.g. do you bother trying to plant them very firmly)? It is a bit perplexing because I've read...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. wiseowl

Raspberry Canes

Question in the Rose forum;) Hi Guys,I was hoping you might be able to help me. I am a complete Gardening Novice. And am thus making a lot of mistakes but learning a long the way. In march I...
    Question in the Rose forum;) Hi Guys,I was hoping you might be able to help me. I am a complete Gardening Novice. And am thus making a lot of mistakes but learning a long the way. In march I bought some, rasberries, blackcurrants and redcurrants in the sales from B&Q. Not knowing what I was...
    Question in the Rose forum;) Hi Guys,I was hoping you might be able to help me. I am a complete Gardening Novice. And am thus making a lot of mistakes but learning a long the way. In march I bought some, rasberries, blackcurrants and redcurrants...
    Question in the Rose forum;) Hi Guys,I was hoping you might be able to help me. I am a complete Gardening Novice. And am thus making a lot of mistakes but learning a long the way. In march I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. CarolineL

Damage on seedlings - cause please?

Looks like flea beetle damage
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Bilbo675

Baby Rhubarb Coming on Nicely..

Looking good to me, Bilbo.:thumbsup::snork: I've still got two Rhubarb plants from seed I "liberated" from a garden over 25 years ago.
    Looking good to me, Bilbo.:thumbsup::snork: I've still got two Rhubarb plants from seed I "liberated" from a garden over 25 years ago.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. hammer

so far so good.

had 13 courgettes 2 small caulis bunch beef toms and cucumber,this growing lark is a bit of allright. got 5 cucumber plants in the greenhouse do i nip the growing point of them like toms there...
    had 13 courgettes 2 small caulis bunch beef toms and cucumber,this growing lark is a bit of allright. got 5 cucumber plants in the greenhouse do i nip the growing point of them like toms there hitting the roof, loads of fruit on them. tomatoes doing ok had a bit of grey dusty rot on few...
    had 13 courgettes 2 small caulis bunch beef toms and cucumber,this growing lark is a bit of allright. got 5 cucumber plants in the greenhouse do i nip the growing point of them like toms there hitting the roof, loads of fruit on them. tomatoes...
    had 13 courgettes 2 small caulis bunch beef toms and cucumber,this growing lark is a bit of allright. got 5 cucumber plants in the greenhouse do i nip the growing point of them like toms there...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. galaxysue

sprouting broccoli

thanks for that got the seeds from T&M half price sale will save for next year then.
    thanks for that got the seeds from T&M half price sale will save for next year then.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. djdelmar

triploid watermelon seeds

anyone know a good place to get em? i understand to grow seedless you must pollinate the triploid with a normal melon. been searching a while now haven't found much perhaps it's because people...
    anyone know a good place to get em? i understand to grow seedless you must pollinate the triploid with a normal melon. been searching a while now haven't found much perhaps it's because people consider it gmo and don't feel its safe?
    anyone know a good place to get em? i understand to grow seedless you must pollinate the triploid with a normal melon. been searching a while now haven't found much perhaps it's because people consider it gmo and don't feel its safe?
    anyone know a good place to get em? i understand to grow seedless you must pollinate the triploid with a normal melon. been searching a while now haven't found much perhaps it's because people...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. ashlee1989

Carrot amsterdamn

Thanks I transplated a few today with a wooden lolly stick lets hope they still grow and i also planted some autumn king carrot seeds in rows this time only 2-3 seeds to each hole hopefully this...
    Thanks I transplated a few today with a wooden lolly stick lets hope they still grow and i also planted some autumn king carrot seeds in rows this time only 2-3 seeds to each hole hopefully this is better
    Thanks I transplated a few today with a wooden lolly stick lets hope they still grow and i also planted some autumn king carrot seeds in rows this time only 2-3 seeds to each hole hopefully this is better
    Thanks I transplated a few today with a wooden lolly stick lets hope they still grow and i also planted some autumn king carrot seeds in rows this time only 2-3 seeds to each hole hopefully this...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Welshman

Brassicas

This is my current structure……but having read a lot online about people growing in greenhouse and polly’s all year round and without bug and pest issues, i thought i would ask here if anyone does...
    This is my current structure……but having read a lot online about people growing in greenhouse and polly’s all year round and without bug and pest issues, i thought i would ask here if anyone does this
    This is my current structure……but having read a lot online about people growing in greenhouse and polly’s all year round and without bug and pest issues, i thought i would ask here if anyone does this
    This is my current structure……but having read a lot online about people growing in greenhouse and polly’s all year round and without bug and pest issues, i thought i would ask here if anyone does...
    B28D655D-70D4-40F6-8FEF-0748677B8169.jpeg B474EB89-8AF8-413B-A869-072302571DA1.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. RoisinMcGuire

Elderberry Cultivars?

Agree cut the grass or put mulch around itIt will eventually outcompete the grass though
    Agree cut the grass or put mulch around itIt will eventually outcompete the grass though
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Prastio

Rising veg prices

Following the floods, veg prices in the shops are rising and expected to continue upwards for some time.Any ideas for good crops to plant now for harvest in the Autumn? It's a bit late for most...
    Following the floods, veg prices in the shops are rising and expected to continue upwards for some time.Any ideas for good crops to plant now for harvest in the Autumn? It's a bit late for most crops and you can only eat so many salad leaves.
    Following the floods, veg prices in the shops are rising and expected to continue upwards for some time.Any ideas for good crops to plant now for harvest in the Autumn? It's a bit late for most crops and you can only eat so many salad leaves.
    Following the floods, veg prices in the shops are rising and expected to continue upwards for some time.Any ideas for good crops to plant now for harvest in the Autumn? It's a bit late for most...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. elainefiz

Heavy rain=flat peas

Has anyone had this? The monsoon-like rain we`ve had has sent my 6ft+ sugar snaps almost horizontal.I`ve tied them back umpteen times but to no avail.The back row of sweetcorn is being choked.
    Has anyone had this? The monsoon-like rain we`ve had has sent my 6ft+ sugar snaps almost horizontal.I`ve tied them back umpteen times but to no avail.The back row of sweetcorn is being choked.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. NigelJ

Wasabi

I just read this ... "Wasabi should be planted in free-draining, fertile soil with minimum 30cm between plants. In a pot 5L or larger use standard compost with added perlite or bark and gravel in...
    I just read this ... "Wasabi should be planted in free-draining, fertile soil with minimum 30cm between plants. In a pot 5L or larger use standard compost with added perlite or bark and gravel in the base of the pot. Guard from snails and slugs and provide shade over the summer."
    I just read this ... "Wasabi should be planted in free-draining, fertile soil with minimum 30cm between plants. In a pot 5L or larger use standard compost with added perlite or bark and gravel in the base of the pot. Guard from snails and slugs...
    I just read this ... "Wasabi should be planted in free-draining, fertile soil with minimum 30cm between plants. In a pot 5L or larger use standard compost with added perlite or bark and gravel in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Doogle

Onions thinking about flowering

There's quite a few recipes on the 'Net for Garlic / Onion scapes, I feel a meal coming on.......:):)
    There's quite a few recipes on the 'Net for Garlic / Onion scapes, I feel a meal coming on.......:):)
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. golfer

Onion Sets

I seem to remember when the autumn planting sets first came on sale the story was that they were heat treated which stopped them running to seed following winter.As to whether spring planting...
    I seem to remember when the autumn planting sets first came on sale the story was that they were heat treated which stopped them running to seed following winter.As to whether spring planting sets were heat treated at the time I dont know.
    I seem to remember when the autumn planting sets first came on sale the story was that they were heat treated which stopped them running to seed following winter.As to whether spring planting sets were heat treated at the time I dont know.
    I seem to remember when the autumn planting sets first came on sale the story was that they were heat treated which stopped them running to seed following winter.As to whether spring planting...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Vince

2013? a bit early for a new competition?

Nonetheless, I'm laying down a challenge for myself. Going to try and grow the biggest (weight) parsnip and carrot I've ever achieved using my trusted varieties, namely Gladiator (parsnip) and...
    Nonetheless, I'm laying down a challenge for myself. Going to try and grow the biggest (weight) parsnip and carrot I've ever achieved using my trusted varieties, namely Gladiator (parsnip) and Autumn King2 (carrot). I've managed to get my hands on some 8" diameter industrial plastic pipe and...
    Nonetheless, I'm laying down a challenge for myself. Going to try and grow the biggest (weight) parsnip and carrot I've ever achieved using my trusted varieties, namely Gladiator (parsnip) and Autumn King2 (carrot). I've managed to get my...
    Nonetheless, I'm laying down a challenge for myself. Going to try and grow the biggest (weight) parsnip and carrot I've ever achieved using my trusted varieties, namely Gladiator (parsnip) and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. lapod

jerusalem artichokes

I gre some jerusalem artichokes by juts buying them at the supermarket three came up quite high - I had read that they are good asa windbreak and woudl liek to try this - can I replant the ones I...
    I gre some jerusalem artichokes by juts buying them at the supermarket three came up quite high - I had read that they are good asa windbreak and woudl liek to try this - can I replant the ones I have anybody have any idea about this? They didn tseem to Flower but came up very big and...
    I gre some jerusalem artichokes by juts buying them at the supermarket three came up quite high - I had read that they are good asa windbreak and woudl liek to try this - can I replant the ones I have anybody have any idea about this? They didn...
    I gre some jerusalem artichokes by juts buying them at the supermarket three came up quite high - I had read that they are good asa windbreak and woudl liek to try this - can I replant the ones I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. blacksmith

Cellery problems

Hi, I have some cellery which has grown really well, but this week the leaves have developed some kind of rot and some of the sticks have long streaks of brown coloured soft rot. I don't know if...
    Hi, I have some cellery which has grown really well, but this week the leaves have developed some kind of rot and some of the sticks have long streaks of brown coloured soft rot. I don't know if this is because it has finished growing or is a disease, I thought you could leave cellery in the...
    Hi, I have some cellery which has grown really well, but this week the leaves have developed some kind of rot and some of the sticks have long streaks of brown coloured soft rot. I don't know if this is because it has finished growing or is a...
    Hi, I have some cellery which has grown really well, but this week the leaves have developed some kind of rot and some of the sticks have long streaks of brown coloured soft rot. I don't know if...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Bilbo675

Nice Little Bargain for the Veg Patch

That's pretty cool Ziggy:thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Paul Blackburn

When should my raspberries be ready

They'll be ready about 5 minutes before Mr Blackbird has them away :spinning:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice