1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. Darth Weeder

Yellowing leaves on Cucumbers

Damaged or diseased leaves. Remove them. What living portions remain, simply drain the plant of nutrients.
    Damaged or diseased leaves. Remove them. What living portions remain, simply drain the plant of nutrients.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. David G

Yellow Tomato leaves

It's unlikely to be magnesium deficiency yet, but as Kristen say it won't hurt to try. I would say your seed compost may have run out of nutrients. I would pot them on or give them a half dose of...
    It's unlikely to be magnesium deficiency yet, but as Kristen say it won't hurt to try. I would say your seed compost may have run out of nutrients. I would pot them on or give them a half dose of tomato feed.
    It's unlikely to be magnesium deficiency yet, but as Kristen say it won't hurt to try. I would say your seed compost may have run out of nutrients. I would pot them on or give them a half dose of tomato feed.
    It's unlikely to be magnesium deficiency yet, but as Kristen say it won't hurt to try. I would say your seed compost may have run out of nutrients. I would pot them on or give them a half dose of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Phoenix

Yellow Sweetcorn

Got it. Maize white line virus
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Joelsim

Yellow submarine tomatoes

When they are completely yellow and have a spongey feel to them, if they are hard they will be slightly sour to eat. Try one when you think they are ripe, you will learn to judge as time goes on. :)
    When they are completely yellow and have a spongey feel to them, if they are hard they will be slightly sour to eat. Try one when you think they are ripe, you will learn to judge as time goes on. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. BillyBumbleBeard

Yellow spots on Mini-Munch/Socrates Cucumbers?

I am not sure that's M-Virus :scratch: . Is it just one leaf or multiple leaves ? Other than the white dots the leaves look healthy , it looks more like a burn marking to me . Have you got anymore pictures...
    I am not sure that's M-Virus :scratch: . Is it just one leaf or multiple leaves ? Other than the white dots the leaves look healthy , it looks more like a burn marking to me . Have you got anymore pictures of the whole plant or plants
    I am not sure that's M-Virus :scratch: . Is it just one leaf or multiple leaves ? Other than the white dots the leaves look healthy , it looks more like a burn marking to me . Have you got anymore pictures of the whole plant or plants
    I am not sure that's M-Virus :scratch: . Is it just one leaf or multiple leaves ? Other than the white dots the leaves look healthy , it looks more like a burn marking to me . Have you got anymore pictures...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. golcarlilly

Yellow spots on cucumber leaves?

After removing all the affected leaves we have had no further problems (touch wood) and we now have around 30 mini cucumbers developing really well I am so excited, can't wait to eat one :D
    After removing all the affected leaves we have had no further problems (touch wood) and we now have around 30 mini cucumbers developing really well I am so excited, can't wait to eat one :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Telmadee

Yellow slightly withered tomato leaves

Thank you so very much @misterQ you are an absolute star, I really appreciate the help and advice :dbgrtmb:
    Thank you so very much @misterQ you are an absolute star, I really appreciate the help and advice :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Richard360

Yellow peppers

Thanks guys they are in a polly tunnel so it is a bit humid in there at the min might get a bit more air flow in there
    Thanks guys they are in a polly tunnel so it is a bit humid in there at the min might get a bit more air flow in there
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. sterile

Yellow leaves on runner beans

Some of the leaves on some of my beans are turning yellow. I grew far too many plants initially, ran out of garden and stuck the remaining dozen or so in troughs and pots on a 'bung them in and...
    Some of the leaves on some of my beans are turning yellow. I grew far too many plants initially, ran out of garden and stuck the remaining dozen or so in troughs and pots on a 'bung them in and see' basis. Mine (in the tubs) are turning yellow because I seldom remember to feed them.
    Some of the leaves on some of my beans are turning yellow. I grew far too many plants initially, ran out of garden and stuck the remaining dozen or so in troughs and pots on a 'bung them in and see' basis. Mine (in the tubs) are turning...
    Some of the leaves on some of my beans are turning yellow. I grew far too many plants initially, ran out of garden and stuck the remaining dozen or so in troughs and pots on a 'bung them in and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. podex

yellow cucumber

Lets see the pic podex, sounds interesting. :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Spruce

Yellow courgette

We call the yellow ones here---Summer Squash, and the green ones Zucchini. I believe the same. I love buying equal amounts to saute up with garlic, olive oil and a tomato. Such a lovely site to...
    We call the yellow ones here---Summer Squash, and the green ones Zucchini. I believe the same. I love buying equal amounts to saute up with garlic, olive oil and a tomato. Such a lovely site to eat, and yummy. I do not peel either of them. Yep Spruce, regarding your picture. Thats what they...
    We call the yellow ones here---Summer Squash, and the green ones Zucchini. I believe the same. I love buying equal amounts to saute up with garlic, olive oil and a tomato. Such a lovely site to eat, and yummy. I do not peel either of them. Yep...
    We call the yellow ones here---Summer Squash, and the green ones Zucchini. I believe the same. I love buying equal amounts to saute up with garlic, olive oil and a tomato. Such a lovely site to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Fi Friend

Years Old Doggie Toilet discovered in new veggie patch

7 years is a long time, I imagine all number 2's will have turned to compost over that time.
    7 years is a long time, I imagine all number 2's will have turned to compost over that time.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. GYO newbie

Yay - winter potatoes have arrived.

Thanks for your prompt reply. Surprised at few potatoes you would put in a large bin.Excellent news about the compost. The used potato compost I will revive and used on carrots and courgettes....
    Thanks for your prompt reply. Surprised at few potatoes you would put in a large bin.Excellent news about the compost. The used potato compost I will revive and used on carrots and courgettes. The used carrot and onion compost I have I will zhush up and use for the potatoes as well as adding...
    Thanks for your prompt reply. Surprised at few potatoes you would put in a large bin.Excellent news about the compost. The used potato compost I will revive and used on carrots and courgettes. The used carrot and onion compost I have I will...
    Thanks for your prompt reply. Surprised at few potatoes you would put in a large bin.Excellent news about the compost. The used potato compost I will revive and used on carrots and courgettes....
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. jonbey

Yams

Hi Manteur, I originally bought some of the small stem tubers from Chilterns.If your interested I could sent you a few, but you'll need to keep them through the winter and plant next spring....
    Hi Manteur, I originally bought some of the small stem tubers from Chilterns.If your interested I could sent you a few, but you'll need to keep them through the winter and plant next spring.PM me.
    Hi Manteur, I originally bought some of the small stem tubers from Chilterns.If your interested I could sent you a few, but you'll need to keep them through the winter and plant next spring.PM me.
    Hi Manteur, I originally bought some of the small stem tubers from Chilterns.If your interested I could sent you a few, but you'll need to keep them through the winter and plant next spring....
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Sirius

Yam

Sal, Doh,:wallbanging: I was hoping it would be the air potatoes/Dioscorea. I will pot up, and if it grows, great, if not, too bad. I had to come up with an excuse at work why I needed to go back to that...
    Sal, Doh,:wallbanging: I was hoping it would be the air potatoes/Dioscorea. I will pot up, and if it grows, great, if not, too bad. I had to come up with an excuse at work why I needed to go back to that client. Well I popped in there, but I really wanted to go to the shop next door :lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Sal, Doh,:wallbanging: I was hoping it would be the air potatoes/Dioscorea. I will pot up, and if it grows, great, if not, too bad. I had to come up with an excuse at work why I needed to go back to that client. Well I popped in there, but I really wanted...
    Sal, Doh,:wallbanging: I was hoping it would be the air potatoes/Dioscorea. I will pot up, and if it grows, great, if not, too bad. I had to come up with an excuse at work why I needed to go back to that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Dave W
    Like x 6

Xmas Toms

They were beautifully sweet Jenny, far nicer than shop bought. I picked most of the bigger ones during the first week in November in the polytunnel and the small cherry type a couple of weeks...
    They were beautifully sweet Jenny, far nicer than shop bought. I picked most of the bigger ones during the first week in November in the polytunnel and the small cherry type a couple of weeks earlier from my outdoor bed. We started with with 4 trays of green/orange ones as well as a few bunches...
    They were beautifully sweet Jenny, far nicer than shop bought. I picked most of the bigger ones during the first week in November in the polytunnel and the small cherry type a couple of weeks earlier from my outdoor bed. We started with with 4...
    They were beautifully sweet Jenny, far nicer than shop bought. I picked most of the bigger ones during the first week in November in the polytunnel and the small cherry type a couple of weeks...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Scotkat

WOW this my courgettes

Thanks Geoff, you answered my question before i asked !Can I get 3 to a bag ? Never grown before but just planted today. Variety is "All Green Bush " ???Thanks
    Thanks Geoff, you answered my question before i asked !Can I get 3 to a bag ? Never grown before but just planted today. Variety is "All Green Bush " ???Thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Bilbo675

WOW That's a Lot of Tomato Varieties!!!

I was just going to say the same thing:love30::loll:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. noidea

Wow something is growing lol

" So I can start the next lot of seeds off inside"I have two propagators for seeds, they take 7 x 1/4 sized seed trays each, and I usually plant two types of seeds per tray - I'm usually only...
    " So I can start the next lot of seeds off inside"I have two propagators for seeds, they take 7 x 1/4 sized seed trays each, and I usually plant two types of seeds per tray - I'm usually only looking for 5 - 20 plants of each type.15-Feb is my first sowing - Aubergine, Toms, Summer cabbage &...
    " So I can start the next lot of seeds off inside"I have two propagators for seeds, they take 7 x 1/4 sized seed trays each, and I usually plant two types of seeds per tray - I'm usually only looking for 5 - 20 plants of each type.15-Feb is...
    " So I can start the next lot of seeds off inside"I have two propagators for seeds, they take 7 x 1/4 sized seed trays each, and I usually plant two types of seeds per tray - I'm usually only...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Palustris

Would you Adam and Eve it?

gosh and I thought you meant something else with the title of this thread. By the way nice coloring.
    gosh and I thought you meant something else with the title of this thread. By the way nice coloring.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice