1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. ARMANDII

THE CHILLIES THREAD 2018

I've done nothing at all with them this year, my whole crop is in the freezer .... Apart from the care packages I have sent out to people.Thanks
    I've done nothing at all with them this year, my whole crop is in the freezer .... Apart from the care packages I have sent out to people.Thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. james swann

Chilli plants pictures progression so far

Wow sounds like you manage to get a fair amount in then lol :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. JWK
    Like x 7

The Tomato Growing Thread 2019

Ate my last Glacier tomato yesterday and kept a few seed too. Under the grow lights January.
    Ate my last Glacier tomato yesterday and kept a few seed too. Under the grow lights January.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Phil A

Walking with Cabbages.... Challenge..!!

I was thinking fo the Tomato seedlings - oncve the whitefly have swapped from the Walking Stick to the Toms !
    I was thinking fo the Tomato seedlings - oncve the whitefly have swapped from the Walking Stick to the Toms !
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Loki
    Like x 5

Chillies 2019

That's ok,anytime have a good Sunday. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. ARMANDII

2017 GROWING THREAD

Last parsnip left in the garden and a few sprouts too, roll on next year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Quaedor36

Edible poppy seeds?

Hi Snowdrop! My wife uses poppy seeds in her baking and cooking. Now I know that growing the opium poppy is the right one to grow and isn't illegal to do so (T & M sell the seeds), I shall be...
    Hi Snowdrop! My wife uses poppy seeds in her baking and cooking. Now I know that growing the opium poppy is the right one to grow and isn't illegal to do so (T & M sell the seeds), I shall be growing them myself in future. There's a man on my allotment whose Vietnamese wife is always growng them...
    Hi Snowdrop! My wife uses poppy seeds in her baking and cooking. Now I know that growing the opium poppy is the right one to grow and isn't illegal to do so (T & M sell the seeds), I shall be growing them myself in future. There's a man on my...
    Hi Snowdrop! My wife uses poppy seeds in her baking and cooking. Now I know that growing the opium poppy is the right one to grow and isn't illegal to do so (T & M sell the seeds), I shall be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. shiney

Free Guide - Grow Your Own Vegetables

Hi Jack Yes I did it last year and they got me into a subscription for 1st 3 months of full gardening mag and which mag for £3.00 per month then after that it went up to £9.00 but you could stop...
    Hi Jack Yes I did it last year and they got me into a subscription for 1st 3 months of full gardening mag and which mag for £3.00 per month then after that it went up to £9.00 but you could stop the subscription if you didn't want to pay full price.I kept it on from March till November....
    Hi Jack Yes I did it last year and they got me into a subscription for 1st 3 months of full gardening mag and which mag for £3.00 per month then after that it went up to £9.00 but you could stop the subscription if you didn't want to pay full...
    Hi Jack Yes I did it last year and they got me into a subscription for 1st 3 months of full gardening mag and which mag for £3.00 per month then after that it went up to £9.00 but you could stop...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. nFrost

Veg that don't like Blood Fish and Bone

I don't find them difficult I just plant four on top of my compost heap and forget about them,unless the weather is exceptionally dry then I water them.My suggestion to you is dig an18" square...
    I don't find them difficult I just plant four on top of my compost heap and forget about them,unless the weather is exceptionally dry then I water them.My suggestion to you is dig an18" square hole under each plant and bang a big dollop of (chocolate/chocolate cake/soup/ manure):) then cover...
    I don't find them difficult I just plant four on top of my compost heap and forget about them,unless the weather is exceptionally dry then I water them.My suggestion to you is dig an18" square hole under each plant and bang a big dollop of...
    I don't find them difficult I just plant four on top of my compost heap and forget about them,unless the weather is exceptionally dry then I water them.My suggestion to you is dig an18" square...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Steve R
    Like x 7

2014 The GC Pumpkin growing and carving challenge

Nice one Nathan
    Nice one Nathan
    Nice one Nathan
    Nice one Nathan
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. JWK
    Like x 3

Chilies 2022

Everyone there is winding down with their Chilies but on boxing day, I will be starting over again. Got my containers for soil blocks all ready for my seeds and they will get their start the same...
    Everyone there is winding down with their Chilies but on boxing day, I will be starting over again. Got my containers for soil blocks all ready for my seeds and they will get their start the same day as the Kelsae's. This year I have an arsenal ready for any invaders so that I can have a great...
    Everyone there is winding down with their Chilies but on boxing day, I will be starting over again. Got my containers for soil blocks all ready for my seeds and they will get their start the same day as the Kelsae's. This year I have an arsenal...
    Everyone there is winding down with their Chilies but on boxing day, I will be starting over again. Got my containers for soil blocks all ready for my seeds and they will get their start the same...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Phil A

Ziggys' West Bay,Dorset Veg Plot

Foots getting better, so got out to try to catch up with the weeding today. things do get away from you at this time of year. Willow earthed up the Tiddies for me. Salads &...
    Foots getting better, so got out to try to catch up with the weeding today. things do get away from you at this time of year. Willow earthed up the Tiddies for me. Salads & Carrots have come on well. I'm sure there were more Strawberries than that when I asked Willow to...
    Foots getting better, so got out to try to catch up with the weeding today. things do get away from you at this time of year. Willow earthed up the Tiddies for me. Salads & Carrots have come on well. I'm sure there were...
    Foots getting better, so got out to try to catch up with the weeding today. things do get away from you at this time of year. Willow earthed up the Tiddies for me. Salads &...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. JWK

Chillies 2023

Link to new threadChillies 2024
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. ARMANDII

THE VEGETABLE GROWING THREAD 2018

No, not the way I did it. I pruned the tops and the roots hard before repotting them into much smaller pots since I didn't have the space for anything larger.This meant that the plants had to...
    No, not the way I did it. I pruned the tops and the roots hard before repotting them into much smaller pots since I didn't have the space for anything larger.This meant that the plants had to regrow the feeder roots before doing anything else so fruit production was adversely...
    No, not the way I did it. I pruned the tops and the roots hard before repotting them into much smaller pots since I didn't have the space for anything larger.This meant that the plants had to regrow the feeder roots before doing anything else...
    No, not the way I did it. I pruned the tops and the roots hard before repotting them into much smaller pots since I didn't have the space for anything larger.This meant that the plants had to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Scrungee

Tatties 2017

@Webmaster Every single previous UK supplier of Kondor seed potatoes have now either removed them from their lists of varieties they hope to have for 2018, or confirmed that they are unable to...
    @Webmaster Every single previous UK supplier of Kondor seed potatoes have now either removed them from their lists of varieties they hope to have for 2018, or confirmed that they are unable to source them.EDIT: The breeder rights expired in 2014, this could mean nobody will put the investment...
    @Webmaster Every single previous UK supplier of Kondor seed potatoes have now either removed them from their lists of varieties they hope to have for 2018, or confirmed that they are unable to source them.EDIT: The breeder rights expired in...
    @Webmaster Every single previous UK supplier of Kondor seed potatoes have now either removed them from their lists of varieties they hope to have for 2018, or confirmed that they are unable to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Steve R

Pumpkin Growing Challenge !!

Yes, the little ones said mine looked like Garfield and not the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland like it was supposed to be :)
    Yes, the little ones said mine looked like Garfield and not the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland like it was supposed to be :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Phil A

Tomato Growing Competition 2012

I'll let you all know how the seed saving goes, if I have a surplus you are welcome to them, first come, first served basis.
    I'll let you all know how the seed saving goes, if I have a surplus you are welcome to them, first come, first served basis.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Vince
    Like x 5

2013 - Biggest tomato Competition

I hope there's interest from others for another competition this (2014) year, but suggest that there's a requirement (as with other online comps) for a pic in progress + one on the scales.
    I hope there's interest from others for another competition this (2014) year, but suggest that there's a requirement (as with other online comps) for a pic in progress + one on the scales.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. ARMANDII

THE TATTIES THREAD 2018

I only saw the Kennebecs mentioned in the article, unless I missed something too. No surprise in that I guess its one of their more popular varieties, and mine too after growing them this...
    I only saw the Kennebecs mentioned in the article, unless I missed something too. No surprise in that I guess its one of their more popular varieties, and mine too after growing them this year.Steve...:)Second paragraph: "Propagation tests were made with the varieties Kennebec, Netted Gem,...
    I only saw the Kennebecs mentioned in the article, unless I missed something too. No surprise in that I guess its one of their more popular varieties, and mine too after growing them this year.Steve...:)Second paragraph: "Propagation tests...
    I only saw the Kennebecs mentioned in the article, unless I missed something too. No surprise in that I guess its one of their more popular varieties, and mine too after growing them this...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. silu

Yucky frozen Mange Tout

When I used to grow loads of runner beans some years ago, we used to go down the road of slicing them and then blanching them.They never turned to mush, but they were bloody tasteless.Never...
    When I used to grow loads of runner beans some years ago, we used to go down the road of slicing them and then blanching them.They never turned to mush, but they were bloody tasteless.Never bothered after that.Better off buying them in the supermarket.
    When I used to grow loads of runner beans some years ago, we used to go down the road of slicing them and then blanching them.They never turned to mush, but they were bloody tasteless.Never bothered after that.Better off buying them in the...
    When I used to grow loads of runner beans some years ago, we used to go down the road of slicing them and then blanching them.They never turned to mush, but they were bloody tasteless.Never...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice