1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↑
Last Message
  1. fuchsialady

Cherry help

In 2018 I bought a dwarf cherry tree - I think it is a Stella, certainly a self pollinating one. Last year it did nothing (apart from grow a bit), but i just thought it needed time to...
    In 2018 I bought a dwarf cherry tree - I think it is a Stella, certainly a self pollinating one. Last year it did nothing (apart from grow a bit), but i just thought it needed time to acclimatize. This year it had about 6 blossom flowers but they came to nothing. Disappointing to say the...
    In 2018 I bought a dwarf cherry tree - I think it is a Stella, certainly a self pollinating one. Last year it did nothing (apart from grow a bit), but i just thought it needed time to acclimatize. This year it had about 6 blossom flowers but...
    In 2018 I bought a dwarf cherry tree - I think it is a Stella, certainly a self pollinating one. Last year it did nothing (apart from grow a bit), but i just thought it needed time to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. trogre

Carrots

i tried carrots in containers once, when i dug them up they were all weird funky shapes...one looked like a creepy little man, legs & arms and all lol:heehee:
    i tried carrots in containers once, when i dug them up they were all weird funky shapes...one looked like a creepy little man, legs & arms and all lol:heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. stickman

soybeans

Hey guys and galsThought I might try soybeans this year (like a challenge!), have bought some T&M seeds, variety 'ustie'. Supposedly for a more northern climate.Anyone got any idea of what...
    Hey guys and galsThought I might try soybeans this year (like a challenge!), have bought some T&M seeds, variety 'ustie'. Supposedly for a more northern climate.Anyone got any idea of what kind of support I need for them? ie are they a bush type, a climber or a tall type?Cheers, Nick
    Hey guys and galsThought I might try soybeans this year (like a challenge!), have bought some T&M seeds, variety 'ustie'. Supposedly for a more northern climate.Anyone got any idea of what kind of support I need for them? ie are they a bush...
    Hey guys and galsThought I might try soybeans this year (like a challenge!), have bought some T&M seeds, variety 'ustie'. Supposedly for a more northern climate.Anyone got any idea of what...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Snowbaby

Progress so far!

I'm doing good this year! Yippeeee!!!! My 3 cherry and 2 plum tomato plants are coming along nicely and beginning to flower.my basil pot:Left to right: green beans, carrots/peppers, green...
    I'm doing good this year! Yippeeee!!!! My 3 cherry and 2 plum tomato plants are coming along nicely and beginning to flower.my basil pot:Left to right: green beans, carrots/peppers, green beans/courgettes Then on the stoned area is tatties, strawberry plant, 2 x raspberry plants, kiwi...
    I'm doing good this year! Yippeeee!!!! My 3 cherry and 2 plum tomato plants are coming along nicely and beginning to flower.my basil pot:Left to right: green beans, carrots/peppers, green beans/courgettes Then on the stoned area is...
    I'm doing good this year! Yippeeee!!!! My 3 cherry and 2 plum tomato plants are coming along nicely and beginning to flower.my basil pot:Left to right: green beans, carrots/peppers, green...
    2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 100_1450.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Trish & Cathy

Cucumbers

Hi Everyone, We have grown cucumbers for the first time this year in a container, they are really doing well. :yay: We have loads and loads of tiny female cucumbers growing, do I let them all...
    Hi Everyone, We have grown cucumbers for the first time this year in a container, they are really doing well. :yay: We have loads and loads of tiny female cucumbers growing, do I let them all continue to grow or do I take some off to allow the smaller number of cucumbers more goodness from the...
    Hi Everyone, We have grown cucumbers for the first time this year in a container, they are really doing well. :yay: We have loads and loads of tiny female cucumbers growing, do I let them all continue to grow or do I take some off to allow the...
    Hi Everyone, We have grown cucumbers for the first time this year in a container, they are really doing well. :yay: We have loads and loads of tiny female cucumbers growing, do I let them all...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. rustyroots

Apples.

They keep for years if you cut them into rings and dry them :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Gwen austin

Bleeding bolt

Radish, cabbage, carrot all flowering. Carrot pulled to reveal tiny white root. Should have left the flower to open at least it would have been pretty. Torrential rain past few days so expecting...
    Radish, cabbage, carrot all flowering. Carrot pulled to reveal tiny white root. Should have left the flower to open at least it would have been pretty. Torrential rain past few days so expecting blight any day now
    Radish, cabbage, carrot all flowering. Carrot pulled to reveal tiny white root. Should have left the flower to open at least it would have been pretty. Torrential rain past few days so expecting blight any day now
    Radish, cabbage, carrot all flowering. Carrot pulled to reveal tiny white root. Should have left the flower to open at least it would have been pretty. Torrential rain past few days so expecting...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. ChilliPepper

What's happening to my Chilies?

Thanks for your replies.I have a 2Kw fan heater and line the greenhouse internally with bubble-wrap from October to about the end of the second week in April (I'm in eastern Devon so it's mild)....
    Thanks for your replies.I have a 2Kw fan heater and line the greenhouse internally with bubble-wrap from October to about the end of the second week in April (I'm in eastern Devon so it's mild). I've no artificial lighting.It could well be that they got cold. My greenhouse is kept at a...
    Thanks for your replies.I have a 2Kw fan heater and line the greenhouse internally with bubble-wrap from October to about the end of the second week in April (I'm in eastern Devon so it's mild). I've no artificial lighting.It could well be...
    Thanks for your replies.I have a 2Kw fan heater and line the greenhouse internally with bubble-wrap from October to about the end of the second week in April (I'm in eastern Devon so it's mild)....
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Alan Matthews

A chilli question

Hi,There is a dedicated Chillies 2020 thread that might help, also have a look at the Chillies 2019 very long thread, bound to be plenty of good info there.CHILLIES 2020
    Hi,There is a dedicated Chillies 2020 thread that might help, also have a look at the Chillies 2019 very long thread, bound to be plenty of good info there.CHILLIES 2020
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Phil A

Oca

Mine too, not entirely sure where to grow it I think it needs lots of space. Have you grown it before Zigs and if so how did you treat it?
    Mine too, not entirely sure where to grow it I think it needs lots of space. Have you grown it before Zigs and if so how did you treat it?
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Vince

Help or hindrance?

Now you know it's not nice telling tales,Vince, especially if Carol finds out!
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. fretdancer

Perfect Parsnips

Fret, I only ever grow Gladiator, they are the earliedt variety I have ever known being ready to harvest in August. A little tip to make harvesting easier for you, if you dig a hole about 4 inches...
    Fret, I only ever grow Gladiator, they are the earliedt variety I have ever known being ready to harvest in August. A little tip to make harvesting easier for you, if you dig a hole about 4 inches deep around the top of the parsnip and fill it with water a couple of times you will find the plant...
    Fret, I only ever grow Gladiator, they are the earliedt variety I have ever known being ready to harvest in August. A little tip to make harvesting easier for you, if you dig a hole about 4 inches deep around the top of the parsnip and fill it...
    Fret, I only ever grow Gladiator, they are the earliedt variety I have ever known being ready to harvest in August. A little tip to make harvesting easier for you, if you dig a hole about 4 inches...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. spuggie

Onion trimming...?

No, just move them to cooler conditions with more light.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. john michael cook

SPROUTS

Is there any benefit by takeing the crown out of sprouts i have heard that it helps the buttons to swell any ideas cheers all mick
    Is there any benefit by takeing the crown out of sprouts i have heard that it helps the buttons to swell any ideas cheers all mick
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Paul Blackburn

When to stop plants

Whatever you do there is still 3 months good growing, so seems a waste if you just stop them now.Mine are also up to the top of the greenhouse as well and what I usually do is carefully...
    Whatever you do there is still 3 months good growing, so seems a waste if you just stop them now.Mine are also up to the top of the greenhouse as well and what I usually do is carefully bend/train them over and to come back down , like the professional growers do.You can come back down the...
    Whatever you do there is still 3 months good growing, so seems a waste if you just stop them now.Mine are also up to the top of the greenhouse as well and what I usually do is carefully bend/train them over and to come back down , like the...
    Whatever you do there is still 3 months good growing, so seems a waste if you just stop them now.Mine are also up to the top of the greenhouse as well and what I usually do is carefully...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Bob flemming

Growin leeks,tips required.

What you would normally do, Bob, is dig a hole about 6" deep and drop the leek into it. This will, obviously, blanch the lower part of the leek. Which is what you want. Earthing them up will do...
    What you would normally do, Bob, is dig a hole about 6" deep and drop the leek into it. This will, obviously, blanch the lower part of the leek. Which is what you want. Earthing them up will do the same thing, but you need to be careful not to snap them. I think whoever advised you was confusing...
    What you would normally do, Bob, is dig a hole about 6" deep and drop the leek into it. This will, obviously, blanch the lower part of the leek. Which is what you want. Earthing them up will do the same thing, but you need to be careful not to...
    What you would normally do, Bob, is dig a hole about 6" deep and drop the leek into it. This will, obviously, blanch the lower part of the leek. Which is what you want. Earthing them up will do...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Graham B

Boozy berries

We'd picked some blackberries over the summer, and I also had some strawberries from Tesco which started to turn before we could eat them. Answer? Blackberry brandy and strawberry vodka! 2 months...
    We'd picked some blackberries over the summer, and I also had some strawberries from Tesco which started to turn before we could eat them. Answer? Blackberry brandy and strawberry vodka! 2 months later, it was time to strain them and inspect the results.Strawberry vodka is kind of a partial...
    We'd picked some blackberries over the summer, and I also had some strawberries from Tesco which started to turn before we could eat them. Answer? Blackberry brandy and strawberry vodka! 2 months later, it was time to strain them and inspect the...
    We'd picked some blackberries over the summer, and I also had some strawberries from Tesco which started to turn before we could eat them. Answer? Blackberry brandy and strawberry vodka! 2 months...
    15997710861650.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. golfer

Pears

I spelled somehing wrong should have readi meant to say can one make deserts or something with them or do something with wine.
    I spelled somehing wrong should have readi meant to say can one make deserts or something with them or do something with wine.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Ruth82

Redcurrent bush

Hi folks At my parents they have 3 blackcurrent and 1 or two redcurrant bush. Maybe up to ten years old. both have fruited ok thus year. but the red current has died back completely to crispy...
    Hi folks At my parents they have 3 blackcurrent and 1 or two redcurrant bush. Maybe up to ten years old. both have fruited ok thus year. but the red current has died back completely to crispy brown leaves. While the blackcurrants still have green leaves I'm much more partial to the red...
    Hi folks At my parents they have 3 blackcurrent and 1 or two redcurrant bush. Maybe up to ten years old. both have fruited ok thus year. but the red current has died back completely to crispy brown leaves. While the blackcurrants still have...
    Hi folks At my parents they have 3 blackcurrent and 1 or two redcurrant bush. Maybe up to ten years old. both have fruited ok thus year. but the red current has died back completely to crispy...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Scudo

Help, Beetroot issue

Looks like leaf miners. Hold a leaf up to the light and you might be able to see the insect inside the leaf . They often grow out of it if it doesn't get too bad.
    Looks like leaf miners. Hold a leaf up to the light and you might be able to see the insect inside the leaf . They often grow out of it if it doesn't get too bad.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice