1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. samsoph

when to plant gooseberrys and red currants

I hope you don't have to worry about them Gill. They completely stripped our red currant bush in 2004 in the space of about three days. Last year I kept a better look out and sprayed as soon as I...
    I hope you don't have to worry about them Gill. They completely stripped our red currant bush in 2004 in the space of about three days. Last year I kept a better look out and sprayed as soon as I spotted the little blighters.
    I hope you don't have to worry about them Gill. They completely stripped our red currant bush in 2004 in the space of about three days. Last year I kept a better look out and sprayed as soon as I spotted the little blighters.
    I hope you don't have to worry about them Gill. They completely stripped our red currant bush in 2004 in the space of about three days. Last year I kept a better look out and sprayed as soon as I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. timecharger

which veg don't mind shade?

I'd suggest trying anything that you eat the leaves of, NOT things you eat the fruit of as they need sun to ripen!
    I'd suggest trying anything that you eat the leaves of, NOT things you eat the fruit of as they need sun to ripen!
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. samsoph

Help...i fed wrong plant food to my blueberries!!

Thankyou Lady gardener and Roders, they are budding lovely now, and i wouldn't want to think it might kill them. Thankyou both for the replies Gill
    Thankyou Lady gardener and Roders, they are budding lovely now, and i wouldn't want to think it might kill them. Thankyou both for the replies Gill
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Waco

Edible John Innes no 2

Both my cavs would eat the spilt compost from my potting up of things. I think dogs like children try new textures in their mouth - if it tastes OK they will continue. Not a dietary insufficiency.
    Both my cavs would eat the spilt compost from my potting up of things. I think dogs like children try new textures in their mouth - if it tastes OK they will continue. Not a dietary insufficiency.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. grinch

f1 cucumbers

Grow trailing types up supporting fences, nets, or canes, or allow them to climb up string. Nip out the growing point after 5 or 6 leaves have appeared and train the resulting stronger growths up...
    Grow trailing types up supporting fences, nets, or canes, or allow them to climb up string. Nip out the growing point after 5 or 6 leaves have appeared and train the resulting stronger growths up the support, tying as needed. when the shoots have reached the top of the support, nip them out 2...
    Grow trailing types up supporting fences, nets, or canes, or allow them to climb up string. Nip out the growing point after 5 or 6 leaves have appeared and train the resulting stronger growths up the support, tying as needed. when the shoots have...
    Grow trailing types up supporting fences, nets, or canes, or allow them to climb up string. Nip out the growing point after 5 or 6 leaves have appeared and train the resulting stronger growths up...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. barneyb

taking cuttings from chilean potato plant

Thanks for that , will let you know how it goes!
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Lady Gardener

seed potato quality

tnks frogs, yes i need a ph of 5.2 which is pretty acid, i think my soil will be about that, but i ll be taking the offending spuds back anyway. ill buy from T&M, at least i ll get quality, and i...
    tnks frogs, yes i need a ph of 5.2 which is pretty acid, i think my soil will be about that, but i ll be taking the offending spuds back anyway. ill buy from T&M, at least i ll get quality, and i can go for heritage variaties, i just wish i had more room!.......... i can see the wildflower area...
    tnks frogs, yes i need a ph of 5.2 which is pretty acid, i think my soil will be about that, but i ll be taking the offending spuds back anyway. ill buy from T&M, at least i ll get quality, and i can go for heritage variaties, i just wish i had...
    tnks frogs, yes i need a ph of 5.2 which is pretty acid, i think my soil will be about that, but i ll be taking the offending spuds back anyway. ill buy from T&M, at least i ll get quality, and i...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. lazy-gardener

plum tree not fruiting

ABSOLUTLY... used to use a weak solution of Jeyes fluid, but they advised against that a couple of years ago
    ABSOLUTLY... used to use a weak solution of Jeyes fluid, but they advised against that a couple of years ago
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Bexiboo

early potatoes

I like a var. called 'RATTE' lovely pulled straight out, and eaten with 1 hour..
    I like a var. called 'RATTE' lovely pulled straight out, and eaten with 1 hour..
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Dave Martin

potato growing

Yep!! :D But no bliddy money........ :D :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Liz

Raspberries and strawberries

Thanks both. Oldervarieties it is then! I used to have a border of alpine strawberries 20' by 2', lots of fruit all summer and until frosts. I have some plants now which were growing in my...
    Thanks both. Oldervarieties it is then! I used to have a border of alpine strawberries 20' by 2', lots of fruit all summer and until frosts. I have some plants now which were growing in my daughter's garden, so don't know what variety, maybe a cross? They are alpine type, habit and flavour but...
    Thanks both. Oldervarieties it is then! I used to have a border of alpine strawberries 20' by 2', lots of fruit all summer and until frosts. I have some plants now which were growing in my daughter's garden, so don't know what variety, maybe a...
    Thanks both. Oldervarieties it is then! I used to have a border of alpine strawberries 20' by 2', lots of fruit all summer and until frosts. I have some plants now which were growing in my...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. LCH

Lettuce

but double check as i dont want u 2 wreck ur veggies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. lesmar

2nd early potato (picasso)

try here! on T&M http://potatoes.thompson-morgan.com/uk/en/product/z12448/1
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Webmaster

What Veg are you going to grow this year ??

certainly an interesting looking tomato!
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Bexiboo

Veg Patch.....how to start?

I got all my veg books from second hand shops. There always seems to be loads for a quid each, some great old ones too!
    I got all my veg books from second hand shops. There always seems to be loads for a quid each, some great old ones too!
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. grinch

cucumbers

Grow in big (12") pots in trays. Water from the bottom and feed from the top and like LG says top up with fresh compost so they'll put out additional roots. Watch out for red spider mite and spray...
    Grow in big (12") pots in trays. Water from the bottom and feed from the top and like LG says top up with fresh compost so they'll put out additional roots. Watch out for red spider mite and spray or introduce a biological control if you spot it. Don't let the compost become too wet or the neck...
    Grow in big (12") pots in trays. Water from the bottom and feed from the top and like LG says top up with fresh compost so they'll put out additional roots. Watch out for red spider mite and spray or introduce a biological control if you spot it....
    Grow in big (12") pots in trays. Water from the bottom and feed from the top and like LG says top up with fresh compost so they'll put out additional roots. Watch out for red spider mite and spray...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. grinch

melons

Hi grinch, Haven't found anything on that type, but did come across this. Of course you may well know all this http://www.gardenadvice.co.uk/howto/greenhouse/melon/ anyway... :D :D ...
    Hi grinch, Haven't found anything on that type, but did come across this. Of course you may well know all this http://www.gardenadvice.co.uk/howto/greenhouse/melon/ anyway... :D :D [ 23. February 2006, 06:16 PM: Message edited by: Marley Farley ]
    Hi grinch, Haven't found anything on that type, but did come across this. Of course you may well know all this http://www.gardenadvice.co.uk/howto/greenhouse/melon/ anyway... :D :D [ 23. February 2006, 06:16 PM: Message edited by:...
    Hi grinch, Haven't found anything on that type, but did come across this. Of course you may well know all this http://www.gardenadvice.co.uk/howto/greenhouse/melon/ anyway... :D :D ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. rossco

Veg Garden photo

Hi lady gardener, what i did last year was, I only used 12 of the 16 beds, 2 were left fallow, ie dug over and left as is for a year, the other 2 I grew annual lupins, and when they had died down,...
    Hi lady gardener, what i did last year was, I only used 12 of the 16 beds, 2 were left fallow, ie dug over and left as is for a year, the other 2 I grew annual lupins, and when they had died down, having had the benefit of the flowers, rotavated them into the soil.
    Hi lady gardener, what i did last year was, I only used 12 of the 16 beds, 2 were left fallow, ie dug over and left as is for a year, the other 2 I grew annual lupins, and when they had died down, having had the benefit of the flowers, rotavated...
    Hi lady gardener, what i did last year was, I only used 12 of the 16 beds, 2 were left fallow, ie dug over and left as is for a year, the other 2 I grew annual lupins, and when they had died down,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. dabbit

Rhubarb

Brussel sprout MD?
    Brussel sprout MD?
    Brussel sprout MD?
    Brussel sprout MD?
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. alan

onions and shallots

Thanks for that Rossco, will hold on then until end of April, with a bit of luck the weather will have warmed up by then.
    Thanks for that Rossco, will hold on then until end of April, with a bit of luck the weather will have warmed up by then.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice