1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. nikirushka

Grapevine?

I've been thinking about what I will do with my pallet fence, when I've made it. I want to plant it - I was thinking aubretias and the like, using some slats to create troughs in the fence...
    I've been thinking about what I will do with my pallet fence, when I've made it. I want to plant it - I was thinking aubretias and the like, using some slats to create troughs in the fence itself.Then I thought grapes! Would a grapevine be ok in the north Lincolnshire climate? Where the...
    I've been thinking about what I will do with my pallet fence, when I've made it. I want to plant it - I was thinking aubretias and the like, using some slats to create troughs in the fence itself.Then I thought grapes! Would a grapevine be ok...
    I've been thinking about what I will do with my pallet fence, when I've made it. I want to plant it - I was thinking aubretias and the like, using some slats to create troughs in the fence...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. badsal72

onions

This is a picture of mine taken last week they have been in since the first week in October;http://tinyurl.com/unup4
    This is a picture of mine taken last week they have been in since the first week in October;http://tinyurl.com/unup4
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. captain kev

asparagus

I think I said previously in a different string that I grew from seed my own crowns. Unfortunately they only lasted a few years the died off on me! Perhaps I am the wrong one to give...
    I think I said previously in a different string that I grew from seed my own crowns. Unfortunately they only lasted a few years the died off on me! Perhaps I am the wrong one to give advice! Anyway as they are already two years old I would leave another year to make it three. As I remember...
    I think I said previously in a different string that I grew from seed my own crowns. Unfortunately they only lasted a few years the died off on me! Perhaps I am the wrong one to give advice! Anyway as they are already two years old I would...
    I think I said previously in a different string that I grew from seed my own crowns. Unfortunately they only lasted a few years the died off on me! Perhaps I am the wrong one to give...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Vicym

Frass panic

Aways best to have some form of eye wash in the cabinet ready to use.Plenty of eye drop type bottles in the supermarkets like Optrex but for a heavier eye wash something like one of these...
    Aways best to have some form of eye wash in the cabinet ready to use.Plenty of eye drop type bottles in the supermarkets like Optrex but for a heavier eye wash something like one of these bottles using a sterile saline solution and an eye bath for minor problems, about £2.Might sound OTT,...
    Aways best to have some form of eye wash in the cabinet ready to use.Plenty of eye drop type bottles in the supermarkets like Optrex but for a heavier eye wash something like one of these bottles using a sterile saline solution and an eye...
    Aways best to have some form of eye wash in the cabinet ready to use.Plenty of eye drop type bottles in the supermarkets like Optrex but for a heavier eye wash something like one of these...
    000748.jpg 000749.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Sarah100!

Strawberries not fruiting

If you decide to buy some strawberry plants it would be best to get them started in late summer so that they get rooted before winter and be raring to go next spring.
    If you decide to buy some strawberry plants it would be best to get them started in late summer so that they get rooted before winter and be raring to go next spring.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. tolennaki

How can I improve the taste of my carrots?

Thanks for the input. I think what I'll do next year is try different varieties as well as use a different fertiliser.
    Thanks for the input. I think what I'll do next year is try different varieties as well as use a different fertiliser.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Vince
    Like x 3

Pleasantly Surprised

If it was a grafted plant the new growth might well be Poncirus trifoliata.Its a totally hardy rootstock that a lot of citrus are grafted onto.A picture would help.
    If it was a grafted plant the new growth might well be Poncirus trifoliata.Its a totally hardy rootstock that a lot of citrus are grafted onto.A picture would help.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Denton Dave

Poor pear tree

Hi That sounds encouraging we have had a lot of wind here so hopefully it is that, the weedkiller was sprayed on a couple of years ago and it looks like it has,recovered, phewThanks for the...
    Hi That sounds encouraging we have had a lot of wind here so hopefully it is that, the weedkiller was sprayed on a couple of years ago and it looks like it has,recovered, phewThanks for the replies and help Dave
    Hi That sounds encouraging we have had a lot of wind here so hopefully it is that, the weedkiller was sprayed on a couple of years ago and it looks like it has,recovered, phewThanks for the replies and help Dave
    Hi That sounds encouraging we have had a lot of wind here so hopefully it is that, the weedkiller was sprayed on a couple of years ago and it looks like it has,recovered, phewThanks for the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. RichT

Second cropping potatoes

If the potatores themselves show no signs of blight and believe me you would soon notice the slime on them, then they are ok to eat. If it is Blight then they will not store for any length of...
    If the potatores themselves show no signs of blight and believe me you would soon notice the slime on them, then they are ok to eat. If it is Blight then they will not store for any length of time. So, remove the tops and burn or dispose of anywhere but on your compost heap. Dig up the potatoes...
    If the potatores themselves show no signs of blight and believe me you would soon notice the slime on them, then they are ok to eat. If it is Blight then they will not store for any length of time. So, remove the tops and burn or dispose of...
    If the potatores themselves show no signs of blight and believe me you would soon notice the slime on them, then they are ok to eat. If it is Blight then they will not store for any length of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. peter121

re rhubarb.

good morning. could anyone give me any advice on red leaf. is the crown diseased and have to be disposed of or can it be salvaged. would appreciate any feed back. ps was inherited when we moved...
    good morning. could anyone give me any advice on red leaf. is the crown diseased and have to be disposed of or can it be salvaged. would appreciate any feed back. ps was inherited when we moved to new house so i do not know what the name is. regards peter.
    good morning. could anyone give me any advice on red leaf. is the crown diseased and have to be disposed of or can it be salvaged. would appreciate any feed back. ps was inherited when we moved to new house so i do not know what the name is....
    good morning. could anyone give me any advice on red leaf. is the crown diseased and have to be disposed of or can it be salvaged. would appreciate any feed back. ps was inherited when we moved...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. karaman

What are black edges on pear leaves?

Look up pear scab, caused by the Venturia pirina fungus and see if that looks like what you have.
    Look up pear scab, caused by the Venturia pirina fungus and see if that looks like what you have.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. golfer
    Like x 3

trial photo some lettuce.

photosCheers ZiggyYes have posted photos previously should do it more regular because after a while one forgets agh.
    photosCheers ZiggyYes have posted photos previously should do it more regular because after a while one forgets agh.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Sargan

Seedlings turn ill

They SO are. As the old saying goes "cucumbers wake up each morning and think of a new way to die" :( Once we get to June and they are shinning up their climbing frame, and nights are always...
    They SO are. As the old saying goes "cucumbers wake up each morning and think of a new way to die" :( Once we get to June and they are shinning up their climbing frame, and nights are always above 10C they will be fine.I agree, I'd be inclined to take them off the windowsill at night, and I...
    They SO are. As the old saying goes "cucumbers wake up each morning and think of a new way to die" :( Once we get to June and they are shinning up their climbing frame, and nights are always above 10C they will be fine.I agree, I'd be...
    They SO are. As the old saying goes "cucumbers wake up each morning and think of a new way to die" :( Once we get to June and they are shinning up their climbing frame, and nights are always...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Bilbo675

Raspberries Looking Good but Strawberries....

...are struggling a bit. We've just started picking our Raspberries and its shaping up to be our best year yet for them, they're big, full of flavour and there's lots of them - yummy :biggrin: However...
    ...are struggling a bit. We've just started picking our Raspberries and its shaping up to be our best year yet for them, they're big, full of flavour and there's lots of them - yummy :biggrin: However our Strawberries that were fantastic last year are struggling, I've a feeling its just too damp,...
    ...are struggling a bit. We've just started picking our Raspberries and its shaping up to be our best year yet for them, they're big, full of flavour and there's lots of them - yummy :biggrin: However our Strawberries that were fantastic last year are...
    ...are struggling a bit. We've just started picking our Raspberries and its shaping up to be our best year yet for them, they're big, full of flavour and there's lots of them - yummy :biggrin: However...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. nikirushka

Snails!

That's almost poetry Pete...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Paul Blackburn

When to grow Carrots

I sowed some Early Nantes the other week, but it depends where you are. Slugs would be a problem when trying to overwinter them.
    I sowed some Early Nantes the other week, but it depends where you are. Slugs would be a problem when trying to overwinter them.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. nobbyhigo2

pac choi seeds

cheers for the advice will try them in spring and post how they go cheers again
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. leeski

Help me grow veg

Yes, you'll need to add some fertilizer too, blood, fish and bone would help.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. King-Richard

How to make grape vines fruit well in pots?

i brought these 2 grape vines last year and i was wondering if i need to cut the tops to make them fruit?
    i brought these 2 grape vines last year and i was wondering if i need to cut the tops to make them fruit?
    SAM_0188.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. TheMadHedger

Courgette plants and "wind rock"

I've never had the issue but good idea with the sticks
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice