Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. redwoods36

My runner beans are dying!

I noticed on the roof of my Plastic Grow houses there was condensation dripping down on my Toms, this could cause the burning when the Sun comes out. I now wipe the roofs.
    I noticed on the roof of my Plastic Grow houses there was condensation dripping down on my Toms, this could cause the burning when the Sun comes out. I now wipe the roofs.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Loofah
    Like x 4

I'm with cucamelon

Must admit that I can't see me growing them again next year, I have 6 plants in the greenhouse this year and none of my family like the taste, its just a lot of effort when no one likes them...
    Must admit that I can't see me growing them again next year, I have 6 plants in the greenhouse this year and none of my family like the taste, its just a lot of effort when no one likes them plus I had no luck in over winter the roots /tubers and I treated them like a Dahlia.
    Must admit that I can't see me growing them again next year, I have 6 plants in the greenhouse this year and none of my family like the taste, its just a lot of effort when no one likes them plus I had no luck in over winter the roots /tubers...
    Must admit that I can't see me growing them again next year, I have 6 plants in the greenhouse this year and none of my family like the taste, its just a lot of effort when no one likes them...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. ARMANDII

THE 2017 CHILLI THREAD

New Thread HereTHE CHILLIES THREAD 2018
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Jiffy

Tips for growing Parsnips

I'm wondering if sowing a 'turnip root' variety of parsnip such as Kral might overcome the forking problem if parsnips sown in tubes are left too long before planting out.
    I'm wondering if sowing a 'turnip root' variety of parsnip such as Kral might overcome the forking problem if parsnips sown in tubes are left too long before planting out.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. james swann

Bonchi = bonsai chilli plant the beginnings

hello all sorry only just seen the posts on this just recovering from an uber busy end of season :D The best advice i had on this came from a website called fatalii.net he has a bonchi growing...
    hello all sorry only just seen the posts on this just recovering from an uber busy end of season :D The best advice i had on this came from a website called fatalii.net he has a bonchi growing guide on there. One of the things he advises trying is forcing the plant to grow extremely leggy and...
    hello all sorry only just seen the posts on this just recovering from an uber busy end of season :D The best advice i had on this came from a website called fatalii.net he has a bonchi growing guide on there. One of the things he advises trying...
    hello all sorry only just seen the posts on this just recovering from an uber busy end of season :D The best advice i had on this came from a website called fatalii.net he has a bonchi growing...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. kryssy

End of my runner beans

I've grown them from seed (or bean) for the first time this year too. They have been cropping for ages and I have loads stored in the freezer. I harvest them when they're about 8" or 10" long. ...
    I've grown them from seed (or bean) for the first time this year too. They have been cropping for ages and I have loads stored in the freezer. I harvest them when they're about 8" or 10" long. There's no end in sight yet!My sweet peas are still going great guns too, I cut off any pods...
    I've grown them from seed (or bean) for the first time this year too. They have been cropping for ages and I have loads stored in the freezer. I harvest them when they're about 8" or 10" long. There's no end in sight yet!My sweet peas are...
    I've grown them from seed (or bean) for the first time this year too. They have been cropping for ages and I have loads stored in the freezer. I harvest them when they're about 8" or 10" long. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Mander

Ikea bags as vegetable planters?

I got the last one of the bags from my local store. They are very big and look like they would hold up well to growing spuds in them.
    I got the last one of the bags from my local store. They are very big and look like they would hold up well to growing spuds in them.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Steve R
    Like x 6

The Pumpkin growing and carving challenge 2015

Very good MisterQ
    Very good MisterQ
    Very good MisterQ
    Very good MisterQ
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Freddy

Blood Fish & Bone v Growmore

"We'll have to wait and see what becomes of it."They will be fine! The exact constituents of fertilizer, within reason (balanced trace elements, for example), is a bit hair-splitting.However,...
    "We'll have to wait and see what becomes of it."They will be fine! The exact constituents of fertilizer, within reason (balanced trace elements, for example), is a bit hair-splitting.However, I am mindful that when I was growing stuff (commercially) using in hydroponics, and we provided...
    "We'll have to wait and see what becomes of it."They will be fine! The exact constituents of fertilizer, within reason (balanced trace elements, for example), is a bit hair-splitting.However, I am mindful that when I was growing stuff...
    "We'll have to wait and see what becomes of it."They will be fine! The exact constituents of fertilizer, within reason (balanced trace elements, for example), is a bit hair-splitting.However,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Phil A
    Like x 5

Giant Onions 2015

Aha, thank you!
    Aha, thank you!
    Aha, thank you!
    Aha, thank you!
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. colne

International edible gardening

How they do love their pogies! I gave them their daily throw and it is a scene - every one down to the tiniest chick is off with one to some neutral spot, tearing it to swallowable pieces. My s...
    How they do love their pogies! I gave them their daily throw and it is a scene - every one down to the tiniest chick is off with one to some neutral spot, tearing it to swallowable pieces. My s kinds of brassicas are sprouted - I am starting them in trays and I worry I am too early.
    How they do love their pogies! I gave them their daily throw and it is a scene - every one down to the tiniest chick is off with one to some neutral spot, tearing it to swallowable pieces. My s kinds of brassicas are sprouted - I am starting them...
    How they do love their pogies! I gave them their daily throw and it is a scene - every one down to the tiniest chick is off with one to some neutral spot, tearing it to swallowable pieces. My s...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Chillimad
    Like x 6

Chilli growing for 2013

Thanks, Penny. This is a good time of year for harvesting them. They usually continue through to Jan/Feb but November is the best time.
    Thanks, Penny. This is a good time of year for harvesting them. They usually continue through to Jan/Feb but November is the best time.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. mcd840

tomato plants - feed how often?

As I've said Hex, all I have are 3 in each of two window boxes and a patio pot with 3 in. Just enough for my OH and me, Jenny
    As I've said Hex, all I have are 3 in each of two window boxes and a patio pot with 3 in. Just enough for my OH and me, Jenny
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Richard360

Tallest sunflower and largest head challenge

Tallest sunflower made it to 12 feet high before the last winds blew the petals off the top bloom.Biggest flower didn't get any bigger than 19.5" as the head started curling, the remains of...
    Tallest sunflower made it to 12 feet high before the last winds blew the petals off the top bloom.Biggest flower didn't get any bigger than 19.5" as the head started curling, the remains of petals around the edge withered and the head has started rotting.Largest 3 heads cut as the seeds are...
    Tallest sunflower made it to 12 feet high before the last winds blew the petals off the top bloom.Biggest flower didn't get any bigger than 19.5" as the head started curling, the remains of petals around the edge withered and the head has...
    Tallest sunflower made it to 12 feet high before the last winds blew the petals off the top bloom.Biggest flower didn't get any bigger than 19.5" as the head started curling, the remains of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Rockmoc

Runner Beans Issues

That happens with me with almost everything nowadays as I am so slow. :heehee: :loll:
    That happens with me with almost everything nowadays as I am so slow. :heehee: :loll:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. JWK
    Like x 8

Gardener's Delight Tomato Seed Germination and Growing Thread

CLOSEDNEW THREAD. HERE
    CLOSEDNEW THREAD. HERE
    CLOSEDNEW THREAD. HERE
    CLOSEDNEW THREAD. HERE
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Marley Farley

2015 Growing Season..

what lovely dark soil n Frost.......:wub2: Jenny
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. JWK
    Like x 4

Chillies 2021

2022 Thread here: Chillies 2022
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. princesspansy

Curling tomato leaves

Pete - what a relief - so mine look normal - I'm a happy Princess Pansy now!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Canucks72

Chillies not ripening

Well I'll be away for 3 weeks so that might be too long to leave them... I may get a colleague to give them a water once a week. They've not needed much so far, I've tended to water quite well...
    Well I'll be away for 3 weeks so that might be too long to leave them... I may get a colleague to give them a water once a week. They've not needed much so far, I've tended to water quite well then leave them for a week as they seem to like drying out. I might even dry them green, I'll see how...
    Well I'll be away for 3 weeks so that might be too long to leave them... I may get a colleague to give them a water once a week. They've not needed much so far, I've tended to water quite well then leave them for a week as they seem to like...
    Well I'll be away for 3 weeks so that might be too long to leave them... I may get a colleague to give them a water once a week. They've not needed much so far, I've tended to water quite well...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice